Space Mercenaries - Game Restart [REOPENED]

Started by BlackFistKronos, September 21, 2010, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

One thing to keep in mind is that we have 4 males/3 females, but (at most) only two females interested in males.  A bit male heavy but doable.  However, if either Gladiator or Brittlby are also unfond of males we have an issue.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Not sure what sort of format we're supposed to use, so I'll do this, for now. I can edit it as needed.

Name: Redrick Schuhart
Alias: Farsight
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Major Skill: Sniping
Minor Skill: Advanced First Aid
Out of combat duty: Ensuring that everyone gets a good, hot meal.

Equipment
Armor: Combination of thick clothing and light armor. Good enough to stop weak, bladed weapons, and small caliber handguns.

Main Weapon: Gungnir-HAG Mk.II. A modified sniper rifle. Single shot, 12 round magazine, fires 7.62MM rounds. Comes with a 10x scope capable of night vision. Has a detachable bipod, flash and sound suppressors for added stealth.
Side Arm: Smith and Wesson .45 magnum revolver. Holds eight shots, double action.
Misc. Equipment: Military grade first aid kit. 1 flashbang grenade.

Redrick was the son of a mercenary, so very few find it strange that, like father like son, he, too, has become exactly that. He's only been working with Titan for about three years. He's known to be quite reliable, but occasionally shows a blatant disrespect towards authority, often opting to deal with others as if they were equals.

Consequently, this has upset one of his superiors, and in a dirty, under handed move, Farsight was assigned to this ragtag bunch by the man who felt slighted.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

yuna0417

Bella
Height 5'4
WEight: 120
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue

Psionic Abilities: Telepathy, Mental Shielding, Mental Bolt (Debilitating mental attack that affects the person's nervous system, rendering them pain and unconcious), Mind control (up to 2 people)

Comabt Skills:

Hand to Hand: Trained (basic)
Small arms (handguns): Trained (Basic)
Melee Weaponry (Swords and Knives): Expert
Stealth: Trained (Between expert and basic)

Non-Combat skills:
Communication systems: Expert
Cooking: Basic
Security systems: Trained
Athletics: Trained
Human Perception: Tained
Interrogation: Trained

Weaponry:
Mono-edged power sword: A sword that is sharpened down to the microscopic level and when turned on, vibrates at a high rate.  (think like an automatic slicer, for combat, hand held and insanely sharp)
Mono-edged knife: Like above, but no vibrating of the blade.
12mm Handgun: Medium caliber caseless round handgun, 12 rnd handgun.

Armor:
Light armor allowing for a lovely medium of movement and protection.

Bella Long comes from a family working for the corporation.  They are what most would call a middle class family.  They are comfortable and working to further the goals and profit margins of the company.

Bella was taken (willingly) by the company at a young age upon the arrival and appearance of her extraordinary abilities.  The Company trained, honed and help build her abilities to what they are, along with providing an education and training for her, along with some relative safety that the normal person cannot attain.  She saw her family semi-regularly.  Holidays, birthdays, and a month here and there. 

She's relatively detached from the more common people, what with hearing their thoughts and all.

She's joined up and gone this route in life, leaving the shackles of the company behind, joining Titan with her brother Long to make up for the time the lost with her brother.

BlackFistKronos

Well I'm feeling pretty democratic so I'm open for a vote on a male or female Captain Fenris. Either way, here's the bio:

Ebon/Sasha Fenris

Appearance: tall, yet athletic, Fenris keeps very athletically in shape despite her seasoned veteranship. Faint surgical scars adorn a tanned body after numerous skeletal cybernetic surgeries. Half her exoskeloton is cybernetic.

Specialty combat skills:
Pistol marksman
Various Tactics such as small group raid, hit and run, and basic infantry.
Ship Piloting from small fighter to medium sized cruiser

Secondary skills:
Assault Rifle proficiency
Basic explosives operation

Basic History:
Fenris was raised in the slums of the core world Dios, controlled by the Koyo Corporation. Dios being a caste society has a canyon sized separation between the Koyo employed upper class and the street hustlers of the lower class.

Fenris was recruited by Koyo's PMC, Templar Inc, at 17. Rising up the ranks as a skilled soldier, Fenris became a team Lieutenant after 5 years of service, but favortism prevented the promotion to captain, which only grew a chip on Fenris' shoulder.

Seeing untapped potential, Captain Dick Moorhouse of Titan Inc 'stole' Fenris from Templar, offering mentorship towards a captain rank. After 2 years, Fenris was finally promoted.

Its been 5 hard years since that day...

Personal Weapons:
XM18 Battle Rifle - standard issue for Titan Infantry, its a rifle favored by many PMCs for its ruggedness and low cost. Many prefer to modify the base model but this one is still stock.

Titanium Combat/survival knife

CM19 High-caliber Revolver- Nicknamed "Thor" for its heavy stopping power combined with a unique blue muzzle flash and thunderous sound, the Thor is simply a hand cannon. Very effective against infantry from short to medium range.

kckolbe

Well, if you enjoy both genders equally, then female.  If not, go with what ya like.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Senel Coolidge

If we are having issues with keeping the M/F ratio even, I would be fine with writing up a second character a bit later into the game. I have nothing against playing a female, but I will opt for my male character first if given a choice. I think we have a pretty fair distribution as it stands, but there are always NPCs we could introduce if we are unsatisfied. Also, in the event that players start dropping off we can reopen recruitment.

Good to see the profiles guys, I'll have mine up shortly. Any idea when we can start off? I am pretty eager to get going.

Brittlby

Miss Kempton

Speciality: Major: Espionage/Infiltration Minor: Close Quarters Combat

Race: Human (Full Conversion Cybernetic)

History: A civilian survivor of the Kastelbarco Catastrophe (A Nuclear Incident that effectively left Planet Kastelbarco uninhabitable), Nyomi Kempton was found thirty miles outside of ground zero. She had suffered extensive radiation damage from the blast, fifth degree burns covering 17% of her body, as well as substantial trauma from structual collapse. Prognostic factors placed her chances of survival particularly low. Catalogued and made as comfortable as possible, she survived despite the odds, living in a comatose state for years.

Sold in a lot to flesh merchants looking for basic wetware components for cybernetic soldiers, Nyomi was retrofitted as an espionage model. Her psychological profile prior to the Kastelbarco incident was never probed, much to the regret of the flesh merchants who elected to purchase her.

Classified as Personality Code: Black and possessing an illegally high intelligence quotient, she had already been deemed by the Kastelbarco Military Enclave to be a potential candidate for their intelligence agency. Possessing a certain moral flexibility and an extreme apptitude for improvisation, her options prior to the "Incident" were government work or summary execution.

Now, uncatalogued and suffering from years of sensory deprivation, the simple restraint software that was in place to command fealty was hardly up to the task of inhibiting her will. Miss Kempton was purchased by a pirate accountants agency, Global Reassessment, Limited Liability. They specialized in hijacking economies of moderate advanced systems, essentially corporate takeovers on a planetary scale, selling off assets of races not yet advanced enough to compete in the universal market.

On the front lines of the pirate accountancy group, her unique abilities allowed her to infiltrate and provide insider secrets in preparation for the acquisition process. Nicknamed the Fixer, she was unfortunately too keen a pupil of GR, Ltd, and is credited with bringing evidence of their wrong doing to their competitors.

Miss Kempton took the sizeable cache she had amassed and purchased her freedom on the free market after Global Reassess went under. Currently employed as a freelance trouble contractor, she is a corporate assassin and information broker who is available for contract work with numerous PMC's and Wetwork outfits, calling in fees commiserate with her reputation as one of the most in demand infiltators in the business.

Body Profile:

What's left of the original Nyomi Kempton could fit inside the glove compartment of a compact car. Her body, the Flecto model, is one of the more expensive full body prosthetics offered by Fresh Flesh Cybernetics, designed with durability and flexibility foremost in mind.

The Executive Flecto offers variable physical dimensions, its psuedo skin and musculature stretching to allow for changes in height and build on the fly. It also allows for 360 rotation on nearly all joints, as well as variable state skeletal structure, providing contortionist abilities for equal use in recreation and infiltration settings.

Seamless snap-lock technology allows for facial swapping between a variety of prefabricated facial appliances, as well as custom pieces. Pigmentation system and nano-salon advances allow for the Flecto model prosthetic to alter skin tone, create tattoos, alter hair length and style and coloration on the fly. Essentially it allows its owner to take on the physical appearance of anyone... or a reasonably close approximation of it.

Mental Profile:

Personality Code: Black is the terminology the Kastelbarco military psychiatrists used to describe Miss Kempton. In more universal terms, she operates with a morality that is all her own, suffering no remorse from ethically ambiguous actions. She has a sense of right and wrong, but rarely does she allow it to get in the way of business.

Miss Kempton does have an over developed sense of equity however, and uncharacteristically spend substantial time and money in an effort to "level out market accessability" as she calls it. More accurately, she has a strangely logical sense of altruism, and while she doesn't seem to mind commiting acts of mass genocide, she does feel that exploitation of the downtrodden and corporate slavery are unseemly. She often backs the underdog, not so much because she agrees with them ideologically, as that she likes fucking with entrenched monopolies.

Apptitudes:

Illegally intelligent on her planet of origin, she has a talent for languages and numbers. Modified specifically for the task, she is particularly adept at hacking and system overrides. This, coupled with Miss Kempton's "natural" flexibility and disguise abilities give her the ability to get where she needs to be and to be WHO she needs to be to access people and information.

She typically avoids carrying weapons of any kind on her person, for fear of triggering alarm systems. Most often she relies on her own hand to hand skills and improvisational tools in the area, though there are reports of her strangling a Korellian shock troop with her hair. It can not be forgotten that despite her relatively small stature, she is a cybernetic organism, and her physical strength is immense. Given her skill at gaining the element of surprise, in close quarters combat against organics, there are few deadlier opponents.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Gladiator0161

I'll put a bio tomarrow sometime. Two days at the latest, I am bushed from RP-ing in my other threads.

Namely the Halo thread I've started, lol.

BlackFistKronos

character bios are put up here
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83579.0

we're gonna get started tomorrow, and i'll put up the first post.

BlackFistKronos

yuna0417

Where is everyone else from this?  What's going on folks?

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Senel Coolidge

Hey guys, I am still here. Took me a bit to be free enough to make a post though. This is the only roleplay I have going on at the moment, so I am all in now.

For those of us that are still here, I think we can continue until the others catch up.

Gladiator0161

Sorry for the wait guys, my brother's computer broke down a few days ago, and mine's been KO'd for months now.

So, rather than make you guys wait on me, because I have no idea how often I'm going to be able to post for the next 3 or 4 weeks. I'm going to bow out of this for now. I'm truly sorry. :(

Senel Coolidge

Hm, this is moving a bit more slowly than I would have hoped. Is anyone else still playing? If not we may need to open up recruitment again.

yuna0417

kckolbe

Well, we now have one female char, and she's lesbian.  Adult game hell.  ~chuckles~

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Quote from: kckolbe on September 29, 2010, 07:07:59 PM
Well, we now have one female char, and she's lesbian.  Adult game hell.  ~chuckles~
Sounds like we should reopen registration, then.
Check out my poet tree!

Senel Coolidge

The best thing I think we can do is continue with the game while keeping registration open. That way we can let the story evolve a bit, actually do a few things and hopefully generate some interest.

That, or I could write up my own thread for a similar idea and make a new recruitment page so I am not hijacking Kronos' thread.

BlackFistKronos

hm, i was expecting britlby's character coming in, but I guess not. Let's just keep things moving for now. Posting in a minute

yuna0417

Hey, so come on folks.  It's dark, it's gritty, it's fun!  Come on.  Follow the links we have up.  Let's see about getting some new blood in here to get things a rolling. 

kckolbe

I am going to drop this game.  Take care.

Intro Thread