We're Just Motorcycle Aficionados (Outlaw MC Game.) Still Accepting Players.

Started by Darkcide, August 16, 2011, 10:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkcide

This would be a freeform game along the likes of Sons of Anarchy. I'm thinking the setting would be moved to Las Vegas however, North Vegas to be specific. Roughly 30-40 minutes away from the Strip. The club in question would be multiracial in their members, however they'd definitely be one percenters. The setting applies for a lot of different criminal enterprises such as Gun Smuggling, Prostitution, Murder for Hire, or any number of things. The appeal I think comes from the fact that you have Bikers maintaining a public image and involving themselves with legit business. There is a strict set of guidelines and bylaws that they follow and a very strong sense of family.

Anyone who possesses knowledge regarding Motorcycle Clubs? Would be greatly appreciated. My old dude was a biker, and I had an ex that was raised in an MC but I don't pretend to be an expert by any means. As far as possible characters? There are members of the actual club, affiliates, law enforcement, family members of the club including their partners, and members of other gangs or hangarounds for the club. If this seems like it could be a fun idea? Please by all means drop your thoughts and ideas, since I am currently plotting and would definitely appreciate contributions from all interested parties.

Mac84

This does sound interesting. I have a fair knowledge of motorcycle mechanics.

MissFire

Sounds interesting, tell us more! What's the story? Is it freeform?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Darkcide

Oh wow lol, I had forgot about this one. As far as the story? For the most part, it is going to involve a relatively new MC that is started by a few friends who all ride motorcycles. They'd have criminal connections, and come from different backgrounds where they all bring something to the table. At the start of game? The MC would have been in existence for about two years now, and they have a very close relationship with the owner/operator of a Strip Club which is where they're gateway into the illegal businesses first came into the equation. Once the game is underway, they'd be doing a member drive of sorts so aside from the founding members and a couple recently patched ones? Anyone else who'd want to join the MC would be a prospect at that point and the club itself would be stepping up their efforts to pull in further income by venturing into new enterprises. That in a nutshell is the basic, overall plot. Granted there'd be smaller stories and personal interplay that comes into effect with this sort of thing. Not to mention naturally they'd feud with both law enforcement and other criminal organizations.

The game as it is, would mostly be freeform though there are consequences for everything. Such as someone just brazenly breaking laws in the middle of the day and going on a rampage or that sort of thing? Lol, Law Enforcement would not smile kindly on that. Eevrything needs to be done discreetly because there is a very heavy police presence in the area.

Aiden

I'd be up for this, my only knowledge of MC gangs/clubs is from watching Gangland and Sons of Anarchy.

My idea for a character a returning veteran from the Iraq conflict returning to a girlfriend who cheated on him, family that passed away while he was gone for over eight years and friends he has nothing in common with.

Much like the MC clubs that started after Vietnam, he is looking for that "brotherhood" he felt he had in the core.

I think a new club like the one for this plot, would find itself at war with the bigger clubs in the state. Like the Bandidos or Hell's Angels as they move into their turf.

Darkcide

That works, the character that I make is going to be a former Marine. It isn't uncommon to see armed forces personnel join MC's upon returning. Also they'd feud with other MC's but pretty much also with other gangs in the area especially in regards to enterprises like prostitution? I'll let the group decide by large if they want the MC to be hardline against drug dealing or if they wish to dabble in that trade.

Jukebox Baby

I love Sons of Anarchy and would play just about any character. Some guy's old lady, a fat motorcycle dude, a kindly nurse who patches them up, a villain, a rival biker. It's not that I don't care who I play, but I do love the show and think it would be fun to dive into the game as someone who could help move the plot along. Then as I get to know the characters, I can come up with a more specific avatar to play. But let's not go to Ireland. I didn't enjoy the whole stolen baby subplot.

Jason

AWW YEAH!!! MC FTW! I am so going to enjoy this! Count me in bro!

My guy: A sailor who's had a shit childhood and education, his boating life not bringing in any cash and his wife leaving him with his kids (I know what you're thinking. This guy had a wife?! WTF!) So he trades his boat for a bike and goes with the flow.

And like Aiden, he's als seeking this brotherhood feeling.

elfguy

I could play a girl who was introduced to bikes by her old BF, who also got her connections in the world of crime, but he was killed in a drug deal gone back. Now she inherited his bike and decided to keep going solo, joining this club and bonding with the others.

Let me know.
----

Darkcide

Yeah, season 3 as a whole? Didn't appeal to me. So no Ireland, an old lady might actually work nicely though Jukebox.

That works Crazy Jay, it is definitely viable for the characters to have families.

Elfguy, there is a small problem with a girl joining an MC. Most MC's, especially One Percenters and the like? Wouldn't allow a female to become full fledged members. A big part of it is the general feelings of brotherhood that run rampant across clubs. Having a woman as a patched member? Generally conflicts with that. Strictly riding clubs? Allow women to join, so do one piece clubs. A three piece club however? Which the game would focus on? Wouldn't allow that sort of thing in their charter, especially since a three piece club? Generally has to be approved by a more dominant club in the area which the club in this game would be. I don't like saying no to concepts, but if you're set on playing that chracter? Realistically her way into the club would be through one of the members or prospects pretty much. Whether she is someone's old lady, or she is just affiliated with the club by being related to someone.

Jukebox Baby

Quote from: Darkcide on September 11, 2011, 04:59:02 PM
Yeah, season 3 as a whole? Didn't appeal to me. So no Ireland, an old lady might actually work nicely though Jukebox.

I'd love playing someone's old lady. There are other possibilities if I can't make that work.  In terms of elfguy, what about if his female character wasn't technically in the club, but had criminal connections they needed. She could be very  useful to the club and these closest thing they might have to a female member. It's an idea. I'm sure there are creative concepts that can have a touch, dominant woman connected with the club. I could be her old lady =)

I look forward to seeing how we make it work. It's an exciting, open ended concept for a game. And I love Sons of Anarchy and always wanted to role play/write in that arena.

SinXAzgard21

I'd like to join this game, as long as it isn't just showing what SoA shows... I have real life experience with MC and those of 1%. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Kendra

putting in some interest - someone's old lady or the old lady of a member now deceased but both well respected in the gang
I'd like her to be as strong and badass as Gemma from SoA - so that the character isn't going to be used like some dipping pot for all the members.

do you have a name idea for the 'brotherhood' or a patch idea ?

RedEve

Would you be interested in a character like a female police officer who infiltrates the gang? Perhaps posing as a "seat cover"?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Darkcide

Jukebox, it is a possibility. Even then, that'd be playing as an NPC at best if she was some outside connection and I don't know a lot of groups MC or otherwise that would use a woman as their connection. There are ideas though. I still say logically, the best way to have some sort of in as far as affiliation without being a member? Is to be related to a founding member for the most part.

Sin, nope. Soa is a good entry point as far as garnering interest, and it's influence will show since the game will have a form of heightened reality like the show for entertainment purposes. But no, I wouldn't be doing a carbon copy of the show. My old dude used to ride with an MC after he returned from Nam, and I had an ex girlfriend who was raised in that sort of environment. That is pretty cool though, if you get any ideas for some possible plot ideas and such? Feel free to hit me up with them, experience is always a useful thing.

Kendra, if you're like with someone? Your character wouldn't be a dipping pot anyway, only if you were a hanger on. As for names? I'm bouncing around some names in my head and moving away from ones that sound like Metal bands lol, as far as the patch itself? I am thinking of some motifs. I personally am a fan of crows, but depending on what the other people like? I could find something else. I am thinking some kind of animal theme though.

RedEve, that is an idea but there'd be a few problems. One the MC at most would be maybe 2 years old. Her way into the gang? Would be by dating someone, and realistically? If she was dating an established member and was his old lady or something? That wouldn't work as they would have needed to be together for a fairly decent period of time since at the start of game the MC is just starting to really get steam, before then they would not be on any radars.
Secondly, if she was dating a prospective member? She wouldn't be allowed to be privy too much, like I mean if you've got an idea as to how she could get intel feel free to toss it out there but for the most part? A woman wouldn't be given much in the way of information, it'd all be very vague and law enforcement as a whole would know that short of being someone of note's woman. I'm not saying don't play the character, I'm just saying that playing her would be very ineffective because you wouldn't get any useful information outside of "Some of them might be going to Reno or L.A for a few days."

RedEve

Well I guess I could simply play an actual "seat cover" without the police background? Perhaps she helps her boyfriend's criminal activities?

Darkcide

That could work, depending on who your character's boyfriend is? It'll determine your level of involvement. In that regard? I'd say go for a fully patched over member once we figure out who is who.

RedEve

Aiden

I'm reserving Tom Hardy for my look.

Also I am looking at being the Sergent at Arms or a club enforcer.

Depending on when the club formed, I want him to have been a prospect a little over a year before patching in, has been in the club for about 2 years, 3 in total after the prospect phase.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Darkcide on September 12, 2011, 10:21:47 AM
Sin, nope. Soa is a good entry point as far as garnering interest, and it's influence will show since the game will have a form of heightened reality like the show for entertainment purposes. But no, I wouldn't be doing a carbon copy of the show. My old dude used to ride with an MC after he returned from Nam, and I had an ex girlfriend who was raised in that sort of environment. That is pretty cool though, if you get any ideas for some possible plot ideas and such? Feel free to hit me up with them, experience is always a useful thing.

No worries, I've never watched SoA.  I'd have no problem joining the game and of course... If I can come up with something along the lines for plot or what not I'll throw the idea your way.... Now to save my kiddlet from chop sticks.

RedEve

Name: Christina Guzman
Affiliation: girlfriend of one of the biker gang members
Bio: To be written when I know who her boyfriend is

Darkcide

I'll have the CS template up shortly.

Aiden, you're free to reserve him as a model. As far as Sergeant at arms? You'd need to be a founding member, since the MC is only about 2 years old at the start. A position like that in such a short span of time would be filled by a founding member. Otherwise if you absolutely wanted to have been a prospect at some point? You would have spent the last year or 8 months or so before being patched in.

Sin, lol got you.

Christina that works. I'll have the template up shortly.

I am going to kill two birds with one stone. Put up the template and have my character posted up as well, for the sake of plot and such? My character will be the president of the club, which leaves open a VP for the club. The VP would need to be a founding member, and have a previously established relationship with my character as well as some history with of sorts with MC's. Like there were founding members, but these two? Essentially started the club, and had the connections to get the club recognized as a club. That is if someone would like to be VP lol.

SinXAzgard21

I'd actually like a prospect spot.   I'll get a character up and what not... was sorta thinking a nephew or something of one of the higher ups.

Aiden

Founding member will work.

Depending on your characters personality/ history I might raise my hand for the VP spot. I want to run in my head the two characters and make sure they would actually be compatible.

If not Sergent at arms, I can skip the prospect stuff.

Darkcide

For members of the MC? Here are some possible roles.
Vice President is taken.
Secretary-Treasurer.
Sergeant-at-Arms is taken I believe.
Intelligence Officer.
Enforcer(s)
Prospect(s)

For the CS templates?
Name:
Height/Weight:
Nationality/Ethnicity:
Occupation(s):
Sexuality:
Appearance:
Distinctive Features:
Motivation:
Personality:
Skills & Hobbies:
Flaws:
Biography:

For Members of the MC
Bike(s):
Sidearm(s):
Role In Club:

Name: Gabriel Simmons
Height/Weight: 6'0"/205 lbs
Nationality/Ethnicity: African American
Occupation(s): Former Marine, MMA Instructor/Fighter/Gym Operator & Outlaw.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance:

Distinctive Features Several distinctive tattoos, including a large dragon-like figure that takes up most of his right shoulder and bicep along with his pec. He has the Marine Corps Emblem on his left bicep, along with a memento to his deceased mother on his left pec. The club's patch covers most of his back.

Motivation: Gabriel has a very complicated relationship with his father, but was practically raised by the man's MC. The concept of brotherhood and family appealed to him, and he grew up used to getting what one desires by illegal means. He didn't want to join his father's old club, and after having buried several of his closest friends during his time of service? He wanted to offer a brotherhood for likemended men out there.
Personality: Gabriel is fairly short tempered, although pragmatic and calculating at the same time. He's direct, aggressive, and although not a sadist by any means he is highly ruthless. He highly values family, friends and integrity. He is loyal to those whom he deems worthy of showing loyalty to, but isn't above manipulating or using others to suit his needs. He's put everything into the club and is devoted to it.

Likes: Motorcycles, Women, His Club, Fighting, MMA, Martial History, Ancient Warriors, USMC, Philosophy, Metal Music, Sushi, Exercise, Children.
Dislikes: Weakness, Traitors, Most forms of authority, Cops, Child Molestors, Deadbeat Dads, Laziness.
Skills & Hobbies: Fighting, Marksmanship, Leadership, Running a Business, Riding & maintaining his Bikes, Running, and Teaching.
Flaws: He is fairly arrogant, his short temper can work against him, obviously he is somewhat amoral, and he isn't very tactful or patient.

Biography: Gabriel Simmons is the son of a high ranking member of an MC that was formed by a group of soldiers that had returned stateside. Gabriel's father was a very harsh man, a boxer & soldier who pushed his son from an early age to excel at boxing as he did. Gabriel was raised by the club, and was a prince of sorts as far as they were concerned as he showed a natural aptitude with bikes and was an aggressive little kid. Gabriel was a multiple time Silver Gloves champion and two time Golden Glove Winner. He also excelled at Wrestling from an early age, and his father pushed him hard in all these fields. Training him as if he was a soldier. Their relationship was very strained with his father openly cheating on Gabriel's mother and hitting her in front of him along with abusing him physically and emotionally. However the largest wedge was driven between the two of them, when Gabriel witnessed his father kill his baby sister by shaking her to death in a drunken rage.

After that, him and his mother left and his father was imprisoned for murdering a man as well as the murder of his sister. He continued to fight, and in this period of time started actively learning Muay Thai. After graduating, Gabriel would enlist with the Marines where he served for 6 years before returning stateside. His mother passed shortly after, and he moved back to Las Vegas. For the next 5 years, Gabriel recieved help in setting up a Gym and continuing to fight as he had before and during his time in the service. He'd reestablish connections with some of the men who had a hand in raising them, and eventually was able to get his own Club started. While affilated with the larger club, the club is its own seperate entity and as the acting president he is focused on getting his club established as well as ensuring something regarding a future with his girlfriend Christina whom he has been seeing for some time now.

For Members of the MC
Bike(s): A Highly Customized Black Harley-Davidson FXDX Super Glide Sport. Along with a black VRSCDX Night Rod Special.
Sidearm(s): FN 5.7 Civilian model along with a solid black Ka-bar combat knife.
Role In Club: President & Founder.