(Final Fantasy VIII) Balamb Garden: Relaunch Recruitment Open

Started by Fenrir, March 10, 2015, 02:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Letrixia on March 17, 2015, 12:18:11 AM

Appearance:

GF APPLICATION
Name: Mother
Established Connection:  the dead soul of her mother turned GF. They been together since little and she always protected Kaoru.
Element: Darkness
Description:
Bonus:  Attack Bonus, Speed Bonus and Regeneration ability.
Special Attack:Dark Wave BlastSpecial Attack Description: She slays over the ground sending a wave of dark matter against the enemy.

Aww, that's kind of sad.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mossberg

Think I'm going to make a second character. >.> But with my luck it'll take forever to think up a concept.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Inari

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on March 16, 2015, 11:38:17 PM
Yeah, I knew where to get Alexander.  It's one of my favorite summons of all time.  There's...just no Edea to draw it from for the sake of the RP.

Annd...my character's theme song?  If so thanks.  I just felt it...fit.  Even if the character may not be wearing the titular outfit (or at least not all the time...).
Or a future fucked up time/space warped castle! Darn... >.>

My other half was like. "The guy in that song is being oddly specific..." I was just enjoying the beat to the song.

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on March 17, 2015, 12:26:05 AM
Huh...  Killing the Junctioner of Phoenix. 
The irony hurts...

Inari

It is always open as far as I am aware. Perhaps they should put in the title. [Always recruiting]

Mossberg

"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Crash

Started my character.  I need to get my background set still.  Hopefully I will have her done in the next couple of days.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Inari

I am still deciding on weapons and once I am done with that I think it will be ready to post. 

TheBlackThrone

You can always come up with a unique weapon like turning objects that aren't normally weapons into weapons. I have the one character who uses a guitar as a weapon because I made him out to be a Bard. :)

So there's yo-yo, hockey stick, shovel, umbrella, fan, etc

No one has used wire yet.

We have no one using a rapier.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Crash

I am giving my geomancer/survival tactics character machetes.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Fenrir

Quote from: Revenent on March 17, 2015, 12:09:14 AM
Banon's an asshole, so I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to convince Fen to kill him off. >:)

Other than the fact that I love NPCing that asshole... he may have phoenix for a reason ;D

Also, yep we're still recruiting (as officially helper TheHangedMan says)- if we weren't it would say so in the opening thread!  I do have a number as a cap for the game- once we reach that number there won't be any more characters allowed.  However, anyone that has shown interest previously (before the cap was reached) would still be given the opportunity to create and add their character.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Inari

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 17, 2015, 12:14:18 PM
You can always come up with a unique weapon like turning objects that aren't normally weapons into weapons. I have the one character who uses a guitar as a weapon because I made him out to be a Bard. :)

I quite like the idea of one of them uses Talis from PSO2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR98PhygYKY

Around 1 minute mark is when you get to see it in action.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Starcry on March 17, 2015, 01:50:17 PM
I quite like the idea of one of them uses Talis from PSO2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR98PhygYKY

Around 1 minute mark is when you get to see it in action.

It seems lonely to play PSO2 without anyone.  :(

I still remember my HuMAR character.

These games, especially on the Dreamcast, were way ahead of their time.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Inari

I can't get onto PSO2 anymore without a VPN because outside IPs are still blocked. :(

Crash

Okay, I have a setting question since I have not played the actual game.  Is the world highly populated or are there areas that need exploring?  I was thinking of having my character getting left or lost in the wilds when her parents (researchers) expedition into a forest disappears.  She meets her GF who helps her survive until she is found and taken to the Garden.

I am not sure this works with the setting though.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Starcry on March 17, 2015, 02:41:52 PM
I can't get onto PSO2 anymore without a VPN because outside IPs are still blocked. :(

Aww, that sucks.  I hate it when the online aspects of video games die.  I mean, I understand why it happens.

I haven't played PSO in years, though.  It probably doesn't hold up well anymore.  I remember being bored to tears by it when I first played it in single player, but LOVING the online multiplayer.

Quote from: Crash on March 17, 2015, 02:44:10 PM
Okay, I have a setting question since I have not played the actual game.  Is the world highly populated or are there areas that need exploring?  I was thinking of having my character getting left or lost in the wilds when her parents (researchers) expedition into a forest disappears.  She meets her GF who helps her survive until she is found and taken to the Garden.

I'm not an official helper or anything, but in the game, the population is pretty high.  You literally end up K.O.ing thousands of people.  But, there is a lot of terrain, and a lot of that terrain is populated (probably more accurate to say that it's infested) by monsters.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 17, 2015, 12:14:18 PM

As an addendum, Final Fantasies have weird weapons.

Geomancer's use bells.  Wakka in FFX uses a blitzball -- so like, an underwater basketball.  Lulu uses a doll.  Characters in Final Fantasy tactics can use dictionaries and handbags as weapons.  Relm in FFVI has a brush (which is pretty useless).  In FFIX, Quina uses a fork.  FFVI has a gambler job class, and they use cards and dice.  In FFVII, Cait Sith uses a freaking megaphone.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Fenrir

Quote from: Crash on March 17, 2015, 02:44:10 PM

It would work in this setting: the world is set up like any RPG- Final Fantasy or otherwise.  The population is high in cities or certain areas (like a mining facility or train station etc) however, outside the places where a population is gathered- things can be kind of 'abandoned.'  For example Balamb Garden is populated, Balamb Town is populated, and yes there could be people out farming in the area between the two it would be rather desolated.  Your idea for your character's background is solid- there would be places unexplored or even if they have been explored/mapped unless it's designated it things could change and alter over time- thus becoming 'unexplored... ish' later.  Does that make sense?

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 17, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
I'm not an official helper or anything, but in the game, the population is pretty high.  You literally end up K.O.ing thousands of people.  But, there is a lot of terrain, and a lot of that terrain is populated (probably more accurate to say that it's infested) by monsters.

Seeing as though, you are not an official helper and have not been in the game long yourself, I would request that you leave these questions up to people who can answer them with certainty.  I appreciate your input but I wish to avoid confusion, not only to new players/characters but also to those still playing at the moment.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Fenrir on March 17, 2015, 03:08:18 PM
Seeing as though, you are not an official helper and have not been in the game long yourself, I would request that you leave these questions up to people who can answer them with certainty.  I appreciate your input but I wish to avoid confusion, not only to new players/characters but also to those still playing at the moment.

Eep!  Sorry, Fenrir.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Crash

Thanks Fenrir.  I will continue to run with it then.

Fenrir

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 17, 2015, 03:12:38 PM
Eep!  Sorry, Fenrir.

It's alright Phantom, I know it's more excitement than anything!  I hope that my request did not come off too harshly: I know what it's like to be excited about something and want to have input.  Plus, I would imagine you have extra excitement to get more players so maybe some character comes and joins you in the fishing spot ;D

Quote from: Crash on March 17, 2015, 03:13:03 PM
Thanks Fenrir.  I will continue to run with it then.

Excellent, I look forward to your sheet.

As for anyone else waiting!  I'm sure by now you have heard from Rev directly, if not I assure you he's working diligently to get to everyone.  I would just like to give a quick reminder that sheets go to him (either by posting them here, and he will contact you- or by PMing them to him).  Once he's gone over the sheet with you (fine tuning or making adjustments as he sees fit) the sheet then comes to me.  There is no need for you to send it to me directly- Rev handles that aspect on his own.  I will then give him any final comments or suggestions.  After that you will likely get the clear to post your sheet.  I hope that you do not see this as some sort of aversion to me handling new characters, I am simply working on other things at the moment.  You may or may not have noticed that we recently reached 1000 posts so we will be getting our own board.  I have been working on getting information together as well as expanding on the information guide.  Not to mention the four characters I have and various NPCs I've been handling posting wise.  ANYWAY, I'm over explaining... I do that some times.  I just wanted to remind people of the processes and to let you know you have not been forgotten in any way!

Acula

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Fenrir on March 17, 2015, 03:24:19 PM
It's alright Phantom, I know it's more excitement than anything!  I hope that my request did not come off too harshly: I know what it's like to be excited about something and want to have input.  Plus, I would imagine you have extra excitement to get more players so maybe some character comes and joins you in the fishing spot ;D

Don't worry, Fenrir.  I feel you!  I will comply with your request.  ^_^
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Letrixia