Original horror RP [EX!] Freeform.

Started by Kirei, September 02, 2009, 08:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirei

Nope, you didn't. The fact is I don't mind a bit overpowered characters, but I'd like everyone to have characters that could compete with each other. Since rest of the characters are somewhat modestly powered, Xena kind of stands out from the crowd.

The game topic.

Still looking for two more players, if there is any interest.
Likes/Dislikes

It's so easy when you're evil
This is the life, you see
The Devil tips his hat to me
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

Ramster

I agree with Kirei and Chaos. MAKE YOUR CHARACTER HUMAN. She can be clever, not a supergenius. She can be strong, but shouldn't be allowed to be ridiculously stronger than everyone nor kill with a touch. I have a major pet peeve about overpowered characters as they invariably push everyone else's to the sidelines and make the story boring.

And I'm dreaming up an evil character as well :D
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Kirei

Killing with a touch isn't such a superpower alone really, of course it is a considerable power, but in a way, my character could kill with a touch as well and most characters can kill with a single bullet. It's simply the amount of different powers and their extent that makes the character overpowered along with the fact she has no weaknesses whatsoever.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Ramster

Exactly. My main issue with the character is that no one can touch her and her superhumanh intelligence, combined with a lack of any discernable weaknesses. Very OP.

Here's my character:
(I might want to play a tentacled monster as well, but we can have it appear later.)

Name: Yair Shoham

Species/Race: Human

Possessions: M-14 7.62 mm assault rifle (Sharpshooter variant), a small, almost pistol sized grenade launcher, hand grenades, boobytraps made from said grenades, Spectra combat armour reinforced with Unobtainium to stop a .50 round, and a Micro Uzi 9mm hollowpoint machine pistol.

Appearance:
A master of disguise, Yair is perhaps most commonly seen in his ghillie suit but has been know to wear a tuxedo for high-end assasinations. He stands 5'9" (1.73 m) and has the wiry physique of a kickboxer, weighing in at 159 lbs (72 kg). His dark brown hair is kept trimmed short.

Biography: Yair started out as an IDF (Israeli Defence Forces) Designated Marksman. He rose through the ranks from his conscription at 18, and continued as a professional officer until he was about 25. There he learned how to shoot two soldiers through the head with a single bullet at 400 yards, and to hit a target with two well placed shots in a second at a mile's range. After being stripped of his rank and dishonourably discharged  for repeated insubordination, absence without leave and a  generally unexemplary standard of personal discipline, he used his credentials to quickly set up a new and better paid career as a mercenary and hitman. The army only found out about the large amount of equipment he'd stolen from them once he'd boarded a ship to Mauretania, where he started a 'tour of duty' that included involvement in no less than 23 African conflicts under just as many warlords.

Finally sick of the poor plumbing, disease and misery of African warfare, Yair turned to Eastern Europe, South America, China and Japan for employment, where his honed sniping and infiltration skills were even more profitably appreciated for political disappearances and settling differences between the more powerful criminal gangs. Some say that he has 17 illegitimate children on four continents, others claim he is an honorary member of the Skull & Bones for "defending US interests in overseas contingency operations".

When approached by a shadowy cabal for a mission to a cursed city of monsters, of course he said yes. The pay was good and killing monsters would be a terrific break from kiling journalists and drug lords. Besides, his decade in Africa had inspired in him a love of big game hunting. The bigger the creature, the more he enjoyed killing it, and he soon started wondering how to make octopus rings from the promised tentacled beasts. His arrogance would cost him.
A/As!!!

Transgirlenstein

I am interested in playing a female character if female sign up is open
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Kirei

Well, since I cooked up a male character as well, and one of the female characters (xena) doesn't really count, since no one can touch her, we kind of have a 3-3 ratio now. (I think she isn't going to change her untouchability, just take off some other things.)

That means we can take one female and one male.

So to answer to Queentrippingserpent in a simple manner: Female sign up is open for 1 more character.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Phaia

okay I am completely canning the idea for XENA as it stood will see what else I can work up.

I do apologize for the over the top aspect of the first version.

I got a bit carried away.  XD

I can at times when a concept springs into mind

Phaia

Phaia

i am looking the concept of a treasure hunter/adventurer aka lara croft type
still working up details and looking for a good picture...perferbly a blonde

Phaia

Ramster

Sounds good Phaia! Keep her similar to Lara in the chest and arse department!
A/As!!!

Craz

I would love to get in on this...I'll have a character sheet up ASAP. ^_^

Kirei

Craz, as long as it's male character. ^_^
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

RedEve

So you're now completely closed to female characters?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Kirei

Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Ramster

A/As!!!

RedEve

Name: Demoniah

Race: Succubus

Appearance: Refer to image. Demoniah stands at 5'8". Her weight is unknown, but her body is very voluptuous. Her hair is black with a blue-ish gleam and she has the bat-like wings so characteristic for her kind.

Biography: Not much is know about her, other than the fact that she has served the Dark Count that haunts the city for as long as it has been trapped there. Her entire existence is devoted to his will, and she will stop at nothing to follow his orders, whatever they might be. True to her kind, she will use her sexuality to lure in her victims and then suck out their life force. But her creativity for cruelty has well expanded in the two thousand years she has been serving the Dark Count...
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Phaia

Name:  Natasha von Wilder
Race: Russian born.

History:
Lady von Wilder is the last of a long line of treasure hunters and adventurers. The fall of the major world powers left a vacuum and desire for antiques and relics. The Wilder’s have worked hard to supply those needs.
Trained in pistols and hand to hand, Natasha is an expert on ancient artifacts as well as traps and pitfalls.
She tends to be cool and level headed and all most every situation from a corporate ball to the deep jungles.
She moves with a  felines grace and quiet, wears a jumpsuit with that has light dampening qualities helping her hide in dim light. She carriers 2 pistols and at least a dozen clips for each, all placed at various spot on her lithe and long body.

Natasha stand 5’9” with blonde hair that reaches the small of her back, in the field she wears it in a long braid. Well educated, cultured and knowledgeable in a score of ancient languages.

Over the years 2 other Wilders have ventured into the cursed city never to be seen again. So when she heard of this expedition there was little Mircobotics could do to keep her from going.

Phaia

;D ;D

does she meet the 'required' chest for ya ramster??!

Phaia

Dashenka

I'll post my character soon... bit off with my mind today :)
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Ramster

A/As!!!

Phaia

lol ramster I would guess her arse is very nice and shapely as well

Phaia

Dashenka

Kirei why don't you start the game already...

@Phaia... ramster knows everything about Russian girl's arses :D

Kirei

Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Dashenka

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Ramster

Quote@Phaia... ramster knows everything about Russian girl's arses

Not quite everything, but I'm always willing to learn! *spank!*
A/As!!!