[Legend of the Five Rings] Edge of Steel

Started by Kirinis, September 27, 2011, 02:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aybara

I second the idea of going to courts, I was expecting it and if we don't it seems somewhat unfair on the courtier characters. The Bushi and Shugenja get all the fun in combat while the courtiers try to muddle through. In court the courtiers have all the fun while the bushi try to muddle through.

BraveEarth

Ooooh Imperial Courts.... that would be quite interesting or are we going to go to a Clan Court (equally interesting and means more studying ^_^)

Idej

Quote from: BraveEarth on November 02, 2011, 11:50:20 PM
Tsuruchi was set to be killed for being born >_> Your avatar is eye catching.

I know it is. :D

I agree with the courts too.

Tackyhillbilly

Quote from: Aybara on November 02, 2011, 11:58:50 PM
I know the Sparrow, Fox and Wasp Clans all had a defense pact at one stage. Does anyone know if that transferred to the Mantis when the Wasp were absorbed. I am unsure of the mainstream Sparrow stance on the Mantis though I imagine because of their good relations with the Wasps they'd at least be cordial.

No. The Three Man Alliance no longer exists. Sparrow are still on good terms with the Tsuruchi, I believe, but then the Sparrow are on good terms with almost everyone. They have nothing anybody wants, and pose no threat to anyone.

Idej

Thats what I feel about the Sparrow clan is that they have pretty much nothing too significant for any clan.  Granted can't say much the Scorpions attacked a few years back...

Idariel

Quote from: BraveEarth on November 03, 2011, 12:14:38 AM
Ooooh Imperial Courts.... that would be quite interesting or are we going to go to a Clan Court (equally interesting and means more studying ^_^)
<makes sure Riel packed her jewelry and an extra Kimono>

<3 i would love to attend any court event, so much! <waves her Emerald Empire book about> which one would be most fun?
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

Idej

BraveEarth

Idej

BraveEarth

I think Kei would be starving from all the Food interlocked events although the changing rooms in the castle would be interestingly disorientating. >_>

Idej

Idej

http://www.kazenoshiro.com/forge/dice.php

Found an interesting site for some dice rolling for L5R too for those who may not know what to do on the Elliquiy dice for this game.

BraveEarth

Oh nice, our dice roller is adequate although suffers from only rerolling once for explosions which means that you have to reroll to get accurate, with a few test rolls of this roller it does it automatically. ;D

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

While Speed rolling on this (Via Kei's attack roll cause I was bored) trying to see how many low rolls I was getting about 3 single digit totals in about 100 >_> I got this and just wanted to say holy shite.

Rolling 5k2+0 with 0 free raise(s) and 0 declared raise(s).  The dice do explode once on 0 and always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept. Dice type is d10. If both rolled and kept dice already equal ten, then each kept die afterward converts to a bonus of 5 to the total.

Rolled: 10+10+10+6,10+9,8,8,2
Total:  55 (rolled) = 55

Now back to searching for low rolls >_>

Aybara

Right I really should go read up how dice explode.

BraveEarth

Also I recommend you read up on the combat Aybara and give glance the Kata page once you have your rings up they are a worthwhile investment for any BUshi although I would wait until your insight rank increases before purchasing so you have reason as to why your character learned it (In this case it would be from your sensei)

LightNight

Yes the dice roller will take some time getting use to I was playing with it little yesterday my char Ono was getting about avg of high 30s think that is good to take out most oppents.  >:)
Enjoy the Fantasy just don't live your fantasy.

Idej

Alright, parts of Hachi's and Yukiko's past are now linked together now.

Idej

I probably have no place in asking this, but does anyone know when the game will be starting?

BraveEarth

Quote from: LightNight on November 04, 2011, 11:40:27 AM
Yes the dice roller will take some time getting use to I was playing with it little yesterday my char Ono was getting about avg of high 30s think that is good to take out most oppents.  >:)

Yeah I was noticiing it's tendancy to roll high too, what sort of roll were you making on average (on a ?k? basis)

Kirinis

The game will start, next week probably before the end of Wednesday at the latest.  Just need to finalize some more details and we'll be able to get this show on the road.

Fear not gentle bushi, shugenja, and lone courtier; there will be chances for some courtly adventures along with other fun things the Legion gets called on to do.  Perhaps a trip to the Shadowlands if you all have been good little samurai and regularly venerating the Fortunes... 

Also addressing Idej and Aybara's linking.  I've read it and it'll be fine.   :-)  Also a bit of additional side-noting for all of you to take note.  You've have been together in your unit for over about two years now.  So this first adventure will not be your characters' first one together.  You have all already had some experience tucked into your obi working together in the empire proper.

Tackyhillbilly

Quote from: Kirinis on November 05, 2011, 03:10:34 AM
The game will start, next week probably before the end of Wednesday at the latest.  Just need to finalize some more details and we'll be able to get this show on the road.

Fear not gentle bushi, shugenja, and lone courtier; there will be chances for some courtly adventures along with other fun things the Legion gets called on to do.  Perhaps a trip to the Shadowlands if you all have been good little samurai and regularly venerating the Fortunes... 

Also addressing Idej and Aybara's linking.  I've read it and it'll be fine.   :-)  Also a bit of additional side-noting for all of you to take note.  You've have been together in your unit for over about two years now.  So this first adventure will not be your characters' first one together.  You have all already had some experience tucked into your obi working together in the empire proper.

*Cough*Cough*

BraveEarth