Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

Quote from: Ember Star on April 01, 2014, 10:06:10 AM
I was going to make the Transfigation professor. But its already claimed. Ahhhhh! My timing!

Its okay though. I'll make a student and see about the professor later. Mainly I wanted to bring in a old character of mine for the processor. One I've played since she was 11 And was my very first character ever. She went to school at Hogwarts. But her parents were American

The Transfiguration Professor is a GM character, so timing is irrelevant in that case ;)

I look forward to what you come up with!

Quote from: Crash on April 01, 2014, 10:17:23 AM
Doh!

Looks like I will have to rethink her a little then as you don't have any Vietnamese Pureblood families.

The Pureblood family list is a purely random selection of names, with little consideration of origin. Pureblooded families are relatively few in this setting, and reflected as such with the limited list and therefore a lot of ethnicities without a pureblood family representative.

I'm sure you'll come up with something great instead :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Crash

I'll probably go with Magicborn and make that work. No worries.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ember Star

Lol. That and Defense Against the Dark Arts is what would fit Amira best. Possibly Charms too out of the ones available. But I do currently have her in Fandomverse. She is a bit sparkly, but that comes from focused play and development over the last five years.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Amira_Sly

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180110.msg8608129#msg8608129

Lots and lots of information in those two profiles and I have even more. Birth and death dates would of course be changed to fit the dates of this group. I have even more information. Could probably write a book on her and her family history. Lol.

Anyway. Point: can you please scan and see if she might fit as a professor?

The pure bloodrdness of get mother may not work with your rules. However, she has no family left (that she knows of) on her mother's side.

Meanwhile, I'll get a face claim for my student and start diving into that
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aiden

We would need you to transfer her into a sheet fitting this game, we have had a few concepts from other games presented but it is not in a compatible format we can review/consider for this game.

It's like a three pronged plug trying to fit into a 2 slot outlet.

Amelita

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 10:39:31 AM
We would need you to transfer her into a sheet fitting this game, we have had a few concepts from other games presented but it is not in a compatible format we can review/consider for this game.

It's like a three pronged plug trying to fit into a 2 slot outlet.

^ precisely.

I'd suggest you begin by reading through the information thread, for the rules and character creation guidelines, and work your way from there to adapt your character to this setting. When you've done that, we can review her.
You'll find the sheet in that thread too :)

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Ember Star

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 10:39:31 AM
We would need you to transfer her into a sheet fitting this game, we have had a few concepts from other games presented but it is not in a compatible format we can review.
I kind of just wanted to know if her concept would work here. There's a lot of "special" there and transferring everything is a lot of work just to find out if she's acceptable.

Both those sheets are extremely neat and organized. Basically its her history and the death of her parents that I'm mainly concerned about. Also her mother was a wand maker in Seattle so idk if that conflicts with yours. Her mother id dead and her mentor id retired. But there's that "just making sure" worry.

Also, Amira is a Animagus and would have been a Auror in the UK before coming back to the US in this setting.
Quote from: Amelita on April 01, 2014, 10:44:39 AM
^ precisely.

I'd suggest you begin by reading through the information thread, for the rules and character creation guidelines, and work your way from there to adapt your character to this setting. When you've done that, we can review her.
You'll find the sheet in that thread too :)
Already done that. But again, there's some stuff I feel might conflict and I want y'alls opinions on those points before I go into the strenuous task of editing and transferring everything. Like I said, she could be considered Sparkly by some. Though I don't I don't consider her that because of all the work ive pit into her over the years
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aiden

All sheets submitted need to be considered, so its no more work than any other person looking to join the game.

We are going to be steadfast on you making a sheet for THIS game if you want us to consider the character.

CurvyKitten

Ok looking into some ideas for this. Now if I miss understood I'm sorry, the schools will be linked on a global scale so they may have cross plot. So is it safe to assume you can not use a face claim if it is used in HAF already...or is that ok?

Ember Star

Alright. No problem. I understand ^_^ I just thought i'd check and see before I did that ;D

Aiden

The face claims are separate from HaF.

There are some cross plots, but the games run separately and do not rely on one another.

This plot is stuff going on in the US (obviously)

Kdyami

So theres a line on the character sheet called "boggart"  what's up with that?
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 11:14:05 AM

If your character encounters a boggart, what will it turn in to? In the books/movies, Lupin's was a full moon... Harry's was a dementor... Ron's was a spider... etc.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Ember Star

Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 11:14:05 AM
You dont know what a Bogart is ? o.o

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 11:08:42 AM
The face claims are separate from HaF.

There are some cross plots, but the games run separately and do not rely on one another.

This plot is stuff going on in the US (obviously)

OH awesome!  thank you. :)

Kdyami

lol I know what a boggart is. I didnt know what I was suppose to put on the character sheet.  Thanks :)
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Aiden

Ember Star

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 11:22:53 AM
It was simple clarification.

I know. Ignore me. I haven't had coffee or food yet so I'm saying stupid stuff and making myself look like an idiot ???
Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 11:22:28 AM
lol I know what a boggart is. I didnt know what I was suppose to put on the character sheet.  Thanks :)
I'm sorry. I didnt mean to sound like I was critical  :-X

Looking over everything again, ive decided not to submit Amira. I don't think she'll fit very well and even of she does, my concerns about her seeming too sparkly still remain. Besides, I do currently have her in another group and I'm a bit odd about the same character in two groups at once. Lol.

However, I might create a Charms professor from scratch along with my student. I'm gonna dig around and make my face claims soon ^_^

I apologize if I came off as "fussy". I look back and realize might have and I didnt mean to, honest. My excitement/curiosity/tiredness just made me lose a few brain cells

Aiden

Imagine the three GMS who have been busting their ass to make this game.

Granted I am the slacker, but I can get away with it since I just stand around looking handsome and make kissy faces at the girls.

Kdyami

Not to me.  You're good.  It probably wasnt the best worded question I could have asked in the first place :)

Nice Aiden. ;)

Josietta

* Josietta thinks Aiden needs spankings

I'll be working on my sheets later tonight or tomorrow.

I have a girl and a guy to work out and then the guy's sister who is my NPC. ;)

I'm thinking they'll be half bloods and the other PC girl a muggleborn or magicborn.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Ember Star

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 11:33:30 AM

Granted I am the slacker, but I can get away with it since I just stand around looking handsome and make kissy faces at the girls.
Oh trust me. I can imagine. Y'all put a amazing incredible amount of work into this. Y'all have your work cut out for you managing it. Which means y'all don't need players like me acting like brats   :P
Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 11:34:46 AM
Not to me.  You're good.  It probably wasnt the best worded question I could have asked in the first place :)

Nice Aiden. ;)
Good. Good ^_^ I hate to turn around and realize I might have come off badly. It makes me feel bad

Amelita

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 11:33:30 AM

...says the man who's helping to set this up AND running a huge game on his own... ::)

Quote from: Ember Star on April 01, 2014, 11:31:20 AM
I know. Ignore me. I haven't had coffee or food yet so I'm saying stupid stuff and making myself look like an idiot ???  I'm sorry. I didnt mean to sound like I was critical  :-X

Looking over everything again, ive decided not to submit Amira. I don't think she'll fit very well and even of she does, my concerns about her seeming too sparkly still remain. Besides, I do currently have her in another group and I'm a bit odd about the same character in two groups at once. Lol.

However, I might create a Charms professor from scratch along with my student. I'm gonna dig around and make my face claims soon ^_^

I apologize if I came off as "fussy". I look back and realize might have and I didnt mean to, honest. My excitement/curiosity/tiredness just made me lose a few brain cells

No worries, It happens ;)

Quote from: Josietta on April 01, 2014, 11:42:04 AM
* Josietta thinks Aiden needs spankings

I'll be working on my sheets later tonight or tomorrow.

I have a girl and a guy to work out and then the guy's sister who is my NPC. ;)

I'm thinking they'll be half bloods and the other PC girl a muggleborn or magicborn.

Looking forward to it! ^^

Kdyami

Nah I got a thick skin.  Hit harder next time. ;)

CurvyKitten

I'm so excited!  I am working on something fun with Aribeth, and I know Caela have something we may bring up. Got some face claims up as we are all trying to figure out what is going on...and my muse is all WOO! LOLZ

Just wanted to say GREAT job on the threads you guy and gals!

And if you needed any help just let me know, you know if I can I will help :)