What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heaven Sent Blossom

Friend asked me if I wanted to borrow his Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on Friday since he knew I was on the MG hype train back in the day. I agreed. This decision was...a poor one.
Peace Walker is not great, that's probably the most generous statement I can make about it at this point in time.

Also Darksiders 2. On the one hand the voice of Michael Wincott is soothing and beautiful (I did not know that "This is no place for a horse!" was a phrase I absolutely had to hear before I died, turns out it was though.) but on the other hand the early combat seems like somewhat of a regression from the last game in a number of key ways.

Hemingway

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on September 09, 2012, 01:52:49 PM
Friend asked me if I wanted to borrow his Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on Friday since he knew I was on the MG hype train back in the day. I agreed. This decision was...a poor one.
Peace Walker is not great, that's probably the most generous statement I can make about it at this point in time.

I thought Peace Walker was fantastic. Certainly if you take into account that it's a port from a handheld console.

Still, have you played Snake Eater? It's widely considered to be the best of the entire series. I definitely agree.

Sabby

New Game+ Just let's ya play with all your unlocks. So you can use your full move set and gadgets right from the start. But... it shouldn't change the difficulty o.o Hell, even on Hard, it takes 2 or 3 rifle bursts to take ya down.

LunarSage

Thanks Sabby.  Sorry, I thought I had deleted and moved the question to it's own topic before anyone saw it. 

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Wolfy

<_<>_>

"Fallen Kingdom" - A Minecraft Parody of Coldplay's Viva la Vida (Music Video)

MINECRAFT!

Also:
THE NEW BLACK GOLD - Deus Ex Song by Miracle Of Sound

Sabby, did you like Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Do you like this song? ;3

Brandon

Finished the new content in Dark souls last night. It was pretty good and I still have to digest all of the lore bits but definately worth a purchase if you enjoy dark souls. Next time I get to do a playthrough with the ring that makes you take double damage. So Im sure through most of the game Ill be doing fine and then get 1 shot suddenly. That should really help me step up my game

Anyway, then I got to play a little of a new indie title that was made from a kickstarter called FTL. Its interesting with a retro feel but its about a rebel armada and a ship carrying the key to the rebel's destruction. You can to jump through sectors, facing random encounters till you get to the last system. Not only do you have a ship but you also start with three crew who can man various systems. Sometimes when you take damage the ship systems can go down (really bad when your oxygen system goes down), you can have hull breaches (draining the air in that section), and sometimes fires can start on board. You have to order your crew around a lot to deal with the hazards

Its a really interesting game. Check it out if you havnt
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Geeklet

Just got done playing Deponia. Nice point and click adventure game, reminiscent of the games of old (Tales of Monkey Island, etc). Lots of the humor you'd expect from those types of games, some good puzzles, just a bit short for my liking. Definitely more they could have told with the story (and it will probably appear in a sequel later, I'm guessing). Overall though, fun little game, definitely worth the $15 I spent.

Hemingway

I've been playing a bit of KotOR 2 since it was released on Steam. I love that game. Still, it's been a while since I played the original, and I got the sudden urge to play through that before finishing The Sith Lords. That's all well and good. Problem is I didn't remember how different the class and feat system was. No finesse!? No skill class feats!? I can't work with this!

Edit: Damn! I think this is part of the originally cut content restored with the KotOR 2 Restoration Mod, but ... this is why it's a superior game to the first one. This weird, tense atmosphere in the game. Many of the characters are ... soft-spoken, to say the least. It might've been weird or even silly elsewhere, but in The Sith Lords, it just ... seems to work. And Kreia whispering "Betrayal" when you .. well, cause people to betray others, well ... that's it. I didn't remember just how dark the tone of this game was.

Wolfy

O_O

Quick! Someone get Nintendo on the phone!

Hemingway

I got Sleeping Dogs because one of my friends is obsessed with it and it seemed cool.

It is. But the PC controls are sloppy. Keyboard driving is far from optimal, the camera and movement controls feel like they're better suited for console controllers, and the same goes for the Arkham City-style combat system. Unfortunately, I don't have a wireless receiver for an Xbox 360 controller.

So I made my PC think my PS3 controller is actually a 360 controller, and I'm playing it with that.

Ahhh, PC superiority.

Wolfy

*flops around* Must....Pre-order...Wii U....

Sel Nar

Guild. Wars. Two.

Bagged the Shatterer (Fucker doesn't even put his effort into the fight; He literally toys with 300-400+ Level 50 players in one go, then flies off when he's bored, but even then a 50-60% casualty rate is expected; He hits HARD, even when he's playing with the 'tiny insects' that shoot cannons at him)

Working on Bagging Tequatl the Sunless Next, and, as soon as I hit level 80, the Claw of Jormag.

Bayushi

Quote from: Hemingway on September 11, 2012, 04:30:34 PMI've been playing a bit of KotOR 2 since it was released on Steam. I love that game. Still, it's been a while since I played the original, and I got the sudden urge to play through that before finishing The Sith Lords. That's all well and good. Problem is I didn't remember how different the class and feat system was. No finesse!? No skill class feats!? I can't work with this!

Edit: Damn! I think this is part of the originally cut content restored with the KotOR 2 Restoration Mod, but ... this is why it's a superior game to the first one. This weird, tense atmosphere in the game. Many of the characters are ... soft-spoken, to say the least. It might've been weird or even silly elsewhere, but in The Sith Lords, it just ... seems to work. And Kreia whispering "Betrayal" when you .. well, cause people to betray others, well ... that's it. I didn't remember just how dark the tone of this game was.
When did it come on Steam?!

I used to get so mad that I couldn't find it anywhere online for PC at all, only XBox and PS2. >.<

Hemingway

Quote from: Akiko on September 14, 2012, 08:57:20 AM
When did it come on Steam?!

I used to get so mad that I couldn't find it anywhere online for PC at all, only XBox and PS2. >.<

A few weeks ago! :D

Wolfy

So I pre-ordered the Wii-U. :3

Can't wait until November 18th.

Sabby

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 14, 2012, 11:51:41 PM
Wii-U looks... blindingly retarded.

Explain your blasphemy before the high council of Nintendo.

Be Judged by Link, Samus, and Grand Chairman Mario at your peril!

Sabby

It's typical Nintendo. An impractical gimmick that will be forgotten, reducing it to a standard gaming console with an annoying controller. The only games  I seen so far that look even remotely good are just ports of Xbox and PS3 games, and the only draw for them will be the motion controls. No thank you. I'd rather play Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 with a controller that wasn't designed by a PR department who snorted coke off a dictionary opened to the word innovation.

Which is how I suspect all their business gets done.

"Let's see, uhm, like, FUCK, so... huurrngh... what's, like, big right now, and, how can we Nintendo?"

"Well, I have an iPad, and it's like a TV IN MY HEART because my nose is on fire!"

"DUDE YOUR RIGHT! Screens are everywhere! I literally saw an entire shop of screens! Lets put some buttons on that shit run through this plate glass curtain!"

"That's guna be so perfectly comfortable and fuck... so perfectly FUCK! What the FUCK is a Nintendo?!"

"We need more innovation, line some up Miyomoto"

Aside from that, we get New Super Mario Bro's Wiiu. If that name alone doesn't make you shake your head, your brains already fried from years of Nintendo loyalty.

The original games, as in, not the rehashed franchises or the ports, just look gimmicky to the point of unplayable. Zombiiu. Here's a standard first person zombie game with standard objectives complicated to make it seem more real. Don't just open a door or look in your pack. Make it an experience! You ARE the door knob!

No. Fuck Nintendo -.- I'm all for innovation, but throwing out poorly conceived products every which way until something sticks is not how you change an industry.

Unless you're Nintendo and have been doing it for decades, in which case, you get a infinillion monies.

Is that sufficient for you Council of Useless?

Sabby

Hemingway

Sabby

Let me indulge in some First World Problems here.

Could be 3, maybe even 4 weeks until my PC is ready for Borderlands 2. But I could get it on 360 right now. I'd end up playing alone, though, and me and Andy planned to play the whole game together.

Please forgive me Andy v.v

Sabby

...Conan O'Brien. Conan. Oh. Brien. Reviews. Games.

Conan O'Brien.

Coco.

The King of Gingers.

The only funny late night host.

The guy who helped raise me.

The one who helped craft my sense of humour.

And he reviews games.

Wolfy, this is the first link I've seen from you that didn't make a dull throbbing pain pulse in the back of my skull. Thank you.

QuirkyFelicity

I've been playing Dark Souls. I just started playing, but I like it so far, minus a few problems because I haven't been playing on a very capable computer.
Looking for a Dance Partner: O/O
My Café Corner: come visit

“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is that we notice when we're doing it.” -Neil Gaiman