News:

Main Menu

Classic Battletech

Started by Relic, September 20, 2008, 06:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relic

Anyone play Classic Battletech or Mechwarrior?  The tabletop game not the computer game.

HairyHeretic

A little. It has a fairly good following in my local game club, with a half dozen dedicated players. I field the House Kurita 2nd Sword of Light as my IS force, and the Nova Cats for my Clans.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Hairy is there a table top game you haven't played?  :-\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

HairyHeretic

Any number of them I expect :) But since I've been gaming in excess of 20 years now, I've chalked up quite a few :)

I've played pretty much all GWs games at one time or another, going back as far as 3rd ed WFB / Rogue Trader / 1st ed Bloodbowl / Dark Future, play Warmachine (Cryx) and Hordes (Legion) , Battletech (as mentioned), and Babylon 5: A Call to Arms (Minbari and Narn). I think thats about it for my wargaming. I have some Confrontation (Devourers), but it never really took off here. I've also tried getting my local game store to order me in Secrets Of The Third Reich 1949, but no luck on that so far. It looks fun though.

I don't play DBM or any historical figure games though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

CaptainErotica

I was a longtime Battletech player, until all my real life friends moved back stateside. I still have all my books and mechs, but no one to game with.

Not sure what other longtime BT players think of the Jihad, but I thought it was really interesting and breathed new life into a Universe that had been stuck in 3067 for almost a decade.