News:

Main Menu

Persona 4 Golden

Started by Hellig, January 02, 2013, 07:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellig

Hey just wondering if anyone here has played this PSVita game and wondering what there opinion is on the game? :D

Chris Brady

I own the original, for the PS2, and if Atlus kept in the same tradition as they did Persona 3 FES and P3P, it's an already great game done better.  It'll be worth it if you like the series.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hellig

Yes it seems like a fun game I like how you also need to tend to like school and real life issues and then delve into the other world for adventure. Are all persona games like this? Ive only read the review for this one.

NotoriusBEN

persona 3 and 4 are the ones in the series that deal with social links and progressing throughout the school year.

I'm a fan of the series and yes, if you can drop the money on the vita, P4G, and a stupid vita memory card. It's worth it.
It's just unfortunate that the Vita is basically a Persona 4 Golden player at the moment. I havent seen many other decent games for it yet.

With Golden, they added a couple new social links (and a stable of personas to go with them), a motorcycle, simple gardening, more fishing, and different classroom questions.
with all this extra stuff, you also get to go out and roam the streets at night to increase relationship points (daytime links only rank up in daytime)
and depending how you finish, you get to continue your S.Links through January and part of February.

Chie got a new voice actor and it's spawned thousands of forum pages of debate from absolute love to absolute hate. (Personally it's growing on me and I like it.)
Also, Teddie got a new voice actor for it as well, but I dont think anyone has cared. Over all, I dont feel he's as annoying as he used to be, but he says the same lines, so~~.
Also I believe more lines are voiced overall as well.

All this stuff adds at least 30% content to the whole game.

Chris Brady

I wish I had the money for a PSV...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hellig

Sounds like a lot of content was added. I wish they would launch some more JRPG on the Vita so far the only other game I am interested in is uncharted and gravity rush. But with Uncharted it all boils down to that i am a fan of the ps3 games. If only the vita version had some form of multi player might have been better in the long run I suppose, since most single player games you only finish one time then move on. Unless it is a RPG with multiple endings and a myriad of things to do and explore.

Skynet

I'm a big fan of the Persona games, but I'm not willing to spend money on a PSVita to get one game.

I'd definitely recommend it if you're a fan of the Persona series and JRPGs.  I played the original P4, and it was great!