3rd ed Exalted, provisional interest check

Started by HairyHeretic, September 09, 2015, 05:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

So, kickstarter update from a day or two ago said that the draft rules were coming close to an approval stage, and we could have a preliminary pdf available sometime soon (TM). Not sure when the official release would be, but is anyone else likely to be getting their hands on the kickstarter goodies and interested in trying out the new rules once available?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Jefepato

I'll believe "sometime soon" when I see it at this point, but if the rules do show up, yes I'm interested.

Lockepick

Quote from: Jefepato on September 09, 2015, 09:15:17 PM
I'll believe "sometime soon" when I see it at this point, but if the rules do show up, yes I'm interested.

What he said. I'm super eager to try out 3e -- but 'sometime soon' has already been a while now.

So theoretically, if there was a rules leak, does Elliquiy have any rules if we talk and share that? Theoretically, I mean. Not to say that a text-only edition of the book was already leaked and I have a copy.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

HairyHeretic

I think that even leaked rules would fall under Rule 5 : This server is governed by the laws of the United States. You will not link to or provide warez, illegal pdfs or mp3s, and so on.

As much as the Exalted fan in me would enjoy that, better not to.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Lockepick

Ah, yes. Good thing we're talking about a hypothetical then.

Anyway: generally interested! Just not holding my breath for 3e to actually get released.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Muse

*sets out a picknick blanket and passes around cans of tea* 

Waiting party.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RSGAlex

I think I speak for everyone when I adapt the immortal words of Quiet Riot "Mama Weer All Weighting Now."
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

TFcommando

I'm a backer and eager to try it out.  Something pirate-y out West, or with airships!

The latest OP notes say they're making corrections requested by CCP, and approval from them was the last thing needed before the backer PDFs go out, so despite having been burned for so long, maybe it really is about to come out!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

HairyHeretic

Even if we get a preliminary 'working' copy, I'd be happy enough with that. As long as all the rules are there.

Generally I like the Scavanger Lands and Nexus .. nicely central and allows for a variety of adventures to spin off from it. I've played a little in the South and East, never gone to the West.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

TFcommando

That reminded me of something... they added an inland sea in the east/scavenger lands so one can have seafaring adventures in places besides the West (without having to worry about the Realm fleet being close by).  This is the new Creation map:

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ChaoticSky

Id be interested as all hello~ ;D

Been waiting for 3e forever.

Vekseid

Still planning on running this as I originally promised, myself. Assuming interest remains. >_>

ChaoticSky

Pockets

I think that would be a definite understatement. Considering I myself am interested.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TFcommando

I'm provisionally interested too, depending on region, type of game, etc.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Black Howling

*Places his camping gear out as well*

Very interested.

Datawych

I've actually never played (and anyone who knows me knows that I'm suspicious of group games, especially big ones), but I'm starting to think I'll never find people who ever want to play Scion, and I've heard they're pretty similar.

So.... Possibly interested. I'll have to look into it more, but as it sounds like the new version isn't done, not sure how I'd do that, exactly... :/

HairyHeretic

Exalted and Scion would have a fairly similar feel to them, so if you like Scion, you'd probably enjoy Exalted as well.

I imagine once the 3rd ed PDFs are ready, they'll be going up on the likes of DrivethruRPG fairly soon after the backers would get their copies.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

*Nod* Exalted is basically Scion in schizotech fantasyland, except instead of being a gods kid, you have a bit of their Awesome stuffed into a soul-supercharger that latched onto your soul.

RSGAlex

And remember, Scion runs on a worse version of Exalted 2e's system.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

TFcommando

The rules are so wonky and unbalanced that the scion on Thor can do more damage throwing his magic handgun at people than shooting them with it.

I get the impression that Scion started as a home-brew game at White Wolf that they liked so much they published.  The stripped-down Exalted rules might work if it was just one group of friends with shared assumptions running them, and it'd explain the intense focus on the signature characters, each one getting a 50 page text piece, all of them appearing in the illustrations, plus the lack of any background as to what the Earth is like with scions and titan born running around doing things. 

The concept is a strong, compelling one which is why there's so much interest and affection towards it.  I know I'd love to play in a game of it, but with the thin background and bad rules, you could just make up your own and use a superhero system to play it.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TFcommando on September 22, 2015, 11:33:22 AM
The rules are so wonky and unbalanced that the scion on Thor can do more damage throwing his magic handgun at people than shooting them with it.

I get the impression that Scion started as a home-brew game at White Wolf that they liked so much they published.  The stripped-down Exalted rules might work if it was just one group of friends with shared assumptions running them, and it'd explain the intense focus on the signature characters, each one getting a 50 page text piece, all of them appearing in the illustrations, plus the lack of any background as to what the Earth is like with scions and titan born running around doing things. 

The concept is a strong, compelling one which is why there's so much interest and affection towards it.  I know I'd love to play in a game of it, but with the thin background and bad rules, you could just make up your own and use a superhero system to play it.
Well, that first one is actually a pretty easy fix, almost every Scion game i ever played keyed firearm damage off of Per, that way it scales like melee and benefits from Epic stats. I dont recall any particular issue over the effectiveness of guns after that.

As for the world? Its implied to be our world, modern day, normal joe and jane working 9-5 in offices, etc. Just, like in Nwod, and Dresden Files, there is a masquerade in place that keeps the world widely ignorant of the goings on. The Gods (and their progeny) fear the effects of Fate, and Fate has a way of latching onto mortals who witness your awesomeness, which at the very last will complicate a scions life immensely if they are too open about what they are. To say nothing of attracting titanspawn like flies. Etc

Also of interesting note, i may be wrong here, but i swear i read that as part of their licensing agreement, Onyx Path bought Scion, CCP licensed out the production of Exalted, Wod, etc, but they sold Scion to OP outright. Which makes it their game now, so im curious how much they are going to do with it... if they can make a huge success out of it, they could make more money with it than they will with Exalted.