A Massive Arthurian Adventure- Interest check

Started by Sir Wolfgang, April 24, 2009, 01:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Wolfgang

Hey everyone;
So, I've been wanting to do this since I joined, and here it is. I am putting together a BIG Arthurian myth game. It won't follow any of the myths in print, except for the characters. In short, I'm taking the people from the stories, and making them into a big, gigantic freeform game.

I won't be King Arthur; primarily because I want to be Sir Gawain. The roles of Sir Gareth, and Sir Percival are already taken, but other than that, it's wide open. Also, due to the dearth of useful female chars in Arthuriana (outside of Mists of Avalon, which is not truly Arthurian myth, more high school drama with Gwen, Artie and Lance. If you like it, I apologize, but it is my least favorite Arthurian literature), we will allow female knights to be a part of the game. If you do not know the character you are interested in, PM me and I will give you a quick synopsis of their personality. I would provide that here, but it would take too long, and I'm lazy. :D

Character possibilities
King Arthur- PeaceThatPowerBrings
Queen Guenivere- Tiny Valkyrie
Merlin- Merlyn
Sir Lancelot-Daylily (playing as male)
Sir Galahad- Indigo (playing as female)
Sir Bors
Sir Percival- Sir Desan
Sir Gareth- Sir Haley
Sir Gawain- Sir Wolfgang
Sir Lionel- The Legionary
Sir Mordred
Sir Agravain
Sir Yvain (The Knight of the Lion)
Sir Ector
Sir Kay- Avis Habilis
Sir Lamorak
Sir Tristram
Sir Bedivere
Morgan Le Fay- Lilias
Viviane (The Lady of the Lake)- Christa McGinn
Nimue- Rhapsody
This is a basic list; if you want to play as someone who is not listed here, let me know. However, they MUST come from Arthuriana, no created characters. Sorry! Also, please note that this game will hopefully be active; ideally, every member will participate and we can make this as much fun as it can be. Valkyrie and I will be running the show, and Desan will pretty much know what's going on as well, I think. If you aren't involved, I will in all likeliehood send you a friendly PM asking if you wish to continue.

TinyValkyrie

Ooooh, darling... May I be lovely Guinevere, please? <33

Sir Wolfgang

*Nods, smiling* of course, my dearest Valkyrie.

Desan

This is gonna be a hell of a lot of people. CANT WAIT
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I would love to play King Arthur, and although I'm familiar with him, you could PM that synopsis, just so I know what you're thinking overall, in terms of his personality.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Dark Raven

*snickers*  If you dont mind a gal playing a guy, I'd love to tackle any of the following:  Mordred, Lancelot or Bors.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Sir Wolfgang

Elayne

Quote from: Sir Wolfgang on April 24, 2009, 01:42:54 AM

Also, due to the dearth of useful female chars in Arthuriana  we will allow female knights to be a part of the game.

On behalf of myself and Isolde, boo to you.
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Sir Wolfgang

I believe I misspoke in my initial post when I said that there are no useful female characters in Arthurian Literature. My intention was not to discount the contributions of Isolde, Elaine, Gwenivere, Morgane, or the other women in the stories; it was rather an effort to allow women who want to play women the opportunity to play as knights and go off questing. I apologize if my words were misconstrued, my intent was never to offend.

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

TheLegionary

I never played sucha  massive project before but I am interested in being Sir Lionel.

Sir Wolfgang

You're in Legionary! Do you know Lionel, or do you need a char. synopsis?

TheLegionary

I know something - he is barely mentioned in the Graal's quest, but as far as I remember he is a friend of Lancelot. I was planning to do some research. However, it would help if you could send me a sinopsis.
Hugs,
TheLegionary

Quote from: Sir Wolfgang on April 26, 2009, 12:42:46 AM
You're in Legionary! Do you know Lionel, or do you need a char. synopsis?

Sir Wolfgang

*Update* Added Indigo and Legionary to the roster of players, as Galahad and Lionel.

Tatterdemalion

He doesn't appear on the list, but I would be interested in playing Sir Palamedes, the Saracen knight of the Questing Beast fame, if that's at all feasible.

Sir Wolfgang

Tatteredemalion,
Sure thing! Could you send me a PM with a basic character synopsis?

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Rhapsody

Is there a Niműe available, or are you counting her as the Lady of the Lake (as she is in some retellings)?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Sir Wolfgang

Nimue is acceptable as a character, if you would like her Rhapsody.

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Merlyn

If Merlin is available I'd be happy  to take him.  Just pm me with how you would like his personality, since it differs soo much between tales.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Sir Wolfgang

Added Rhapsody (Nimue), Merlyn (Merlin), and Peacethatpowerbrings (King Arthur)

Sir Wolfgang

Hey everyone,
It's been a couple days since we got new players, so I was wondering what you think we should do. We could begin in the next few days, while allowing others to join as we go, or we could wait and see if more join. Let me know on here or via PM what you want to do.