DC/Marvel Universe Complete Crossover (Recruitment Closed!!)

Started by MaiMizzu, August 01, 2013, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

Edit: Accepting players, but male players would be great!

DC/Marvel Universe

So here are my ideas. All of this is negotiable, of course. These are just general ideas. The heroes, villains and citizens. We’re going to start with the careers of all involved to be fairly young, for the most part. At least their public lives. You’ll notice a lot of this is based on the movies… just cause. This is a world where all these comic book characters from different company exist on the same Earth in the same universe.

Status of some important/popular figures:
-Superman: Only recently revealed himself, like within the last year. We could even use the events from the movie.
-Batman: I would say he’s been an urban legend for a while now. People in Gotham know of him, or think they do. I would say the events of ‘Dark Knight’ (Joker) happened, but not much beyond that.
-Iron Man: (Character reserved for co-GM Apygoos)Tony was kidnapped and made his armor to escape. He has had a public outing with it, like at the end of the first movie. It will be up to the player to decide if he’s revealed his secret identity yet.
-Wolverine: (Character is taken by me, sorry) Much of his past happened as it did in the comics. But he’s never been in the X-Men.

Again, most of this is based on them not being in the public eye for long (if at all). The Avengers don’t exist, neither does the JLA, or Fantastic Four.
I would say the Xavier school exists and helps mutants, but perhaps the X-Men don’t exist. Or if they do, they have had very limited adventures. Maybe just to fight Magneto.

SHIELD exists, but it’s not as wide scoped as it is in the movies. They won’t be in charge of the team that is formed. I see them as more of a covert government group that investigates ‘metahuman’ activities.

The team will be formed by one of the main heroes.. I can see Superman or Tony Stark doing this. Maybe Dr. Fate or Dr. Strange (or both and are NPC characters) enlists one of them to recruit other heroes to stop an evil they forsee. The villain itself, that’s up for debate. Has to be something big, though. Something to big for a single hero to handle. Darkseid was my first thought.. Thanos would be awesome, but he’s being used an awful lot recently. Ultron, perhaps. Galactus might be to much.. maybe. I also want our team to face multiple villains, from both universes. Maybe a league of evil sort of thing eventually. People can play heroes and villains in this RP.

The team name… I have no idea yet. Avengers? Justice League? League of Avengers? Up for debate too.

I see the team as being… 10 people. But I think we can open up the universe more. Have the team be 10 or so, but there are also other heroes in the world.

For the sake of this RP, no character will be.. ya know overpowered. There will be limits. Sure we want to see if the hulk can beat superman, but the hulk or superman can't lift the moon or punch a planet in half. there will be limits, limits strictly enforced by GM's.

We need heroes first, by the way. We're also looking for balance.. so if our team is 10 heroes, then we'd like to shoot for 5 to be from marvel and 5 to be from DC. I'm a co-GM, along with Apygoos. I'll be working on a character sheet in the near future. We're looking for players who can make decent sized posts (paragraph AT LEAST or more), and post at least twice a week please. We'd prefer way more than that, but those are the minimum.

Any questions, just ask! or PM me or Apygoos.

thank you for your interest!

Current Roster:
Wolverine - MaiMizzu
Iron Man - Apygoos
Thor - Arkhos
Raven - Belatris
Shadowcat - Imogen
Frenzy - Wardenice
Hawkgirl - madamcharisma
Stargirl - mia h
Storm - JDrew Spider

Links!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181454.0 Our OOC Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181588.0 The GM IC Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183392.0 IC Thread for New York
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183391.0 IC Thread for Stark Tower
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183393.0 IC Thread for anywhere outside of New York City
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183394.0 IC Private Time thread, for when your characters wish to be intimate or need alone time without cluttering the main IC threads.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181468.msg8683694#msg8683694 Approved Characters

The CS. Please PM post to me (MaiMizzu) and Apygoos
Codename: What do we call you?

Identity: Secret or public?

Sexuality: Hetrosexual, homosexual, whatever it might be

Approximate Age: Keep in mind we’re going with the idea that 99.5& of ‘heroes’ have made their first public appearance in the last year or so.

Source of Powers/Abilities: Mutie? Science experiment gone awry? Gods give you power when you say something?

City of Operation: If your hero has been working in or out of the public eye, is there a specific city or region they tend to stick to?

Personality: Tell us a little about your character’s attitude and outlook towards others

Weakness or Flaws: We should also include some flaws of your character. Don’t worry, nothing will be used IC

Powers: What.. powers your character has. if any.

Talents/Skills: Abilities that aren't necessarily part of your powers. Like being supersmart or being able to whittle a corncob pipe.

Equipment: Is there anything your character uses or carries on them regularly?

BRIEF History: We know who your hero is for the most part, but this is a different universe. It’s almost like a reset. So what has your character been doing in the passed year or so? Hero’ing? Laying low? Defending Asgard?

Appearance: If you want to post a pic, cool. If you want to describe the look of your character, cool. Both? Even better.

Are you going to be able to post at least once a week? :

Do you have an issue with making your posts AT LEAST one paragraph (more would be adored):

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

arkhos

I'd be jazzed for a shot to play Thor. :)

And as a fan of -both- universes, I think this is a great idea. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

BlackestKnight

Ugh. I hate to be that guy but Fuck Batman, Fuck Super man, Fuck Spider Man, Fuck Wolverine, Fuck Captain America. Punisher I could see more of but fuck  these overexposed under wearing breakfast cereal ass heroes. Yeah, I said it.  I'd rather see more Hit Girl than any of these boring schmucks and role plays based on alternative concepts rather than these tried and true blockbuster formulaic beaten horses. Same shit, different toilet. It's hard to be excited  about the same 10 characters, I want something different, I want something that's not the usual script. I want to play from the prospective of an unrepentant bad guy in a fucked up world ran entirely by villains,  our world. Or maybe flawed heroes, captain rapist, hero by day, rapist by night. I'm tired of conventional good vs conventional evil. Superhero games need to evolve *drops mic*

Staff aware and acting.

MaiMizzu

Quote from: BlackestKnight on August 01, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
Ugh. I hate to be that guy but Fuck Batman, Fuck Super man, Fuck Spider Man, Fuck Wolverine, Fuck Captain America. Punisher I could see more of but fuck  these overexposed under wearing breakfast cereal ass heroes. Yeah, I said it.  I'd rather see more Hit Girl than any of these boring schmucks and role plays based on alternative concepts rather than these tried and true blockbuster formulaic beaten horses. Same shit, different toilet. It's hard to be excited  about the same 10 characters, I want something different, I want something that's not the usual script. I want to play from the prospective of an unrepentant bad guy in a fucked up world ran entirely by villains,  our world. Or maybe flawed heroes, captain rapist, hero by day, rapist by night. I'm tired of conventional good vs conventional evil. Superhero games need to evolve *drops mic*

If you dont' like it, then don't join it. And it's unnecessary to post such things here. I'm sorry if this offends you so, but again... you don't have to join. Or even post here.

For everyone else who is actually excited for this, we look forward to hearing from you!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

arkhos

Heyas BK,

You could always start your -own- thread with those ideas you mentioned, rather than going into one you clearly aren't interested in - and posting your displeasure?

I bet if you started your own games with those ideas, you might get some takers. But why you felt the need to come here into a thread about two universes you obviously hate and drop a collection of f-bombs on someone else's ideas is really confusing, and comes across as pretty immature.

Just sayin'.

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

belatris

A by strapped for time at the moment, but I'd be interested in taking up the role of Raven :-)

Jmorty33

Sweet! I would be up for being either Superman or Kyle Rayner.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Imogen

I'd very much like to play Magneto. I know he's usually played as a villain but he's assisted fighting the 'evil' evil more often than enough to qualify as hero. Might also make for some fun dynamics with the X-men joining.

If that's a no go I like to submit a tentative interest for Miss Marvel, Cyclops or Storm.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

apygoos

personally id like to see more women in here. Storm or Ms. Marvel would be pretty legit
I remember your Magneto and Rogue from "A New Fate" while it was up and it was pretty epic.
One thing to keep in mind however: There are no Xmen, no Avengers, no JLA, JSA, Titans, none of it. Some characters history would be more affected than others [i.e. magneto]. Being their first or second year heroing, this will make for some unique interactions

Imogen

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 03:24:18 AM
personally id like to see more women in here. Storm or Ms. Marvel would be pretty legit
I remember your Magneto and Rogue from "A New Fate" while it was up and it was pretty epic.
One thing to keep in mind however: There are no Xmen, no Avengers, no JLA, JSA, Titans, none of it. Some characters history would be more affected than others [i.e. magneto]. Being their first or second year heroing, this will make for some unique interactions

Thank you for that lovely compliment!

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Primarch

I think I could get involved in this.

SHAZAM!

mia h

Sounds interesting just need to pick a hero can't decided between Stargirl, Starfire & Goldstar (anyone spot a theme there?  ;D )

As for the big villain, maybe Eclipso sending out black diamonds to possess\control all the world's leaders or something?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

apygoos

Quote from: Imogen on August 02, 2013, 06:02:10 AM
Thank you for that lovely compliment!
youre most very welcome ;)

Quote from: Primarch on August 02, 2013, 07:51:54 AM
I think I could get involved in this.

SHAZAM!
Billy will need to be a bit older, as-per E standards..as well as not getting treated like  a complete subordinate by others.
Quote from: mia h on August 02, 2013, 11:12:26 AM
Sounds interesting just need to pick a hero can't decided between Stargirl, Starfire & Goldstar (anyone spot a theme there?  ;D )

As for the big villain, maybe Eclipso sending out black diamonds to possess\control all the world's leaders or something?
I think Goldstar would be awesome, an older Stargirl could be pretty good too, as with an older Starfire

JDrew Spider

Oh I'm so up for this. I'd be Interested in playing Storm or Spiderwoman.

Really can't decide. Storm I think...but a different version.

Maybe Elektra.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 11:17:17 AM
Billy will need to be a bit older, as-per E standards..as well as not getting treated like  a complete subordinate by others.

I'm perfectly fine with bringing his age up a few years.

doodasaurus

I am fairly interested in playing Nightwing, though I don't know if that fusses with the timeline set up. 

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 11:17:17 AM
youre most very welcome ;)

As long as Billy doesn't mind getting bossed around when not being all Shazam, the age thing isn't a problem

apygoos

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 02, 2013, 11:44:38 AM
I am fairly interested in playing Nightwing, though I don't know if that fusses with the timeline set up.
by this set up. Richard Grayson would be in his teen years as Robin at best.
I'm a Nightwing fanboy, but unfortunately most of his [normal] history is near-impossible [hell we dont even have a batman..or a rule 63 bat].
I love Dick, and play him in our new Titans game here on E, but with the "year one/2" set up, It's really difficult to bring him to fruition. I would need to talk with Mai about it, but if Bats was bent a bit to allow for a logical time frame for Richard to make that ascension to Nightwing, Bats wouldn't be that "urban myth", he would be pretty well established vigilante in Gotham, which changes that possible plothook greatly.

Oldknight

I wouldn't mind taking Hal Jordon if he is open

Diesel Heart

If I were to join up as someone I'd be one of the following:

Rose Wilson: The daughter to Deathstroke and member of the Teen Titans. Precognitive powers and martial training withe enhanced physiology.

Frenzy: A mutant that belongs to the X-Men. A mutant with steel-hard skin and super-strength.

madamcharisma

Okay this sounds like a great crossover. I do have one questions... do you want people RPing as Villains as well or are the villains going to be strictly NPC.

If we're going strictly heroes and heroines here I would be interested in playing either Emma Frost or Hawkgirl. Either one, whichever you think will fit the plot better.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no beings under God are as we are. None so like him as ourselves." -Lestat, Interview with the Vampire

Current Stories
On the Run
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=176954.0

apygoos

Quote from: Tenshinhan on August 02, 2013, 11:58:52 AM
well we have Kyle as a GL too..only really one needed i would think, so have it out which Lantern should be it.
Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:16:57 PM
Okay this sounds like a great crossover. I do have one questions... do you want people RPing as Villains as well or are the villains going to be strictly NPC.

If we're going strictly heroes and heroines here I would be interested in playing either Emma Frost or Hawkgirl. Either one, whichever you think will fit the plot better.
Hawkgirl would be pretty legit. were not taking PC villains at this time, down the road, once we get going, [i.e. after the first "chapter"] we will though.

madamcharisma

I'm on board if you'll have me. I've always wanted to play Hawkgirl.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no beings under God are as we are. None so like him as ourselves." -Lestat, Interview with the Vampire

Current Stories
On the Run

mia h

Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:16:57 PM

*crosses fingers for ame-comi version of hawkgirl*

madamcharisma

Umm... is it bad if I don't know what ame-comi means? Please explain... I would love to broaden my knowledge.

Current Stories
On the Run

MaiMizzu

madamcharisma

Gotcha. I am very much cool with that. She doesn't have to look chibi or anything right? Because that's a little creepy ;) lol

Current Stories
On the Run

apygoos

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 02, 2013, 11:44:38 AM
so update on Nightwing..
"Who knows how long Batman has been working?"
With not Justice League, Batman and robin remained Urban legends, some still believe he is this ravenous creature that stalks its prey in the night, others, a hero that is gone by the time they turn around. In this light, Nightwing can exist, and likely be a lot more "friendlier to working with people" than Bats is.

mia h

Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:32:04 PM
Umm... is it bad if I don't know what ame-comi means? Please explain... I would love to broaden my knowledge.

Ame-comi was a digital comic that was around for a while, all of the heroes and villians were female so Sinestra instead of Sinestro. The artwork was definitely anime influenced and the writing was done as a parody of things that had happen in the main universe.
I liked Hawkgirl's costume because there something just a little bit different\fun about it

doodasaurus

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 12:41:28 PM
so update on Nightwing..
"Who knows how long Batman has been working?"
With not Justice League, Batman and robin remained Urban legends, some still believe he is this ravenous creature that stalks its prey in the night, others, a hero that is gone by the time they turn around. In this light, Nightwing can exist, and likely be a lot more "friendlier to working with people" than Bats is.

And here I was writing this long thingie about the Court of Owls and Deathstroke.  ;D

Jmorty33

Quote from: Tenshinhan on August 02, 2013, 11:58:52 AM

I could play as Superman and you could take Hal, but I am more seriously interested in playing as Kyle Rayner than anything else.

Imogen

If JDrew wants Storm, then I'll go with Miss Marvel. Unless you guys prefer a different power set to round out the team. I could imagine Shadowcat being an asset here.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

apygoos

Quote from: Imogen on August 02, 2013, 12:47:14 PM
If JDrew wants Storm, then I'll go with Miss Marvel. Unless you guys prefer a different power set to round out the team. I could imagine Shadowcat being an asset here.
I say whoever you wanna play more. Shadowcat would be pretty awesome.
Shadowcat vs Catwoman incoming.

madamcharisma

Quote from: mia h on August 02, 2013, 12:41:45 PM
Ame-comi was a digital comic that was around for a while, all of the heroes and villians were female so Sinestra instead of Sinestro. The artwork was definitely anime influenced and the writing was done as a parody of things that had happen in the main universe.
I liked Hawkgirl's costume because there something just a little bit different\fun about it

This is pretty damn steampunk here. I'm into it, but can we mix the justice league look with this. Maybe real wings instead of the metal ones?

Current Stories
On the Run

Imogen

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 12:50:31 PM
I say whoever you wanna play more. Shadowcat would be pretty awesome.
Shadowcat vs Catwoman incoming.

Shadowcat then. nifty powers, nifty skills; I think she'll be more useful overall :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

doodasaurus

MaiMizzu

The CS!! Once you have them completed, please PM them to me (MaiMizzu) and Apygoos so we can get you approved. OOC thread coming very very soon!!

Codename: What do we call you?

Identity: Secret or public?

Sexuality: Hetrosexual, homosexual, whatever it might be

Approximate Age: Keep in mind we’re going with the idea that 99.5& of ‘heroes’ have made their first public appearance in the last year or so.

Source of Powers/Abilities: Mutie? Science experiment gone awry? Gods give you power when you say something?

City of Operation: If your hero has been working in or out of the public eye, is there a specific city or region they tend to stick to?

Personality: Tell us a little about your character’s attitude and outlook towards others

Weakness or Flaws: We should also include some flaws of your character. Don’t worry, nothing will be used IC

Powers: What.. powers your character has. if any.

Talents/Skills: Abilities that aren't necessarily part of your powers. Like being supersmart or being able to whittle a corncob pipe.

Equipment: Is there anything your character uses or carries on them regularly?

BRIEF History: We know who your hero is for the most part, but this is a different universe. It’s almost like a reset. So what has your character been doing in the passed year or so? Hero’ing? Laying low? Defending Asgard?

Appearance: If you want to post a pic, cool. If you want to describe the look of your character, cool. Both? Even better.

Are you going to be able to post at least once a week? :

Do you have an issue with making your posts AT LEAST one paragraph (more would be adored):

apygoos

were also working on a character sheet now folks!
once we get that we will be ready to move from interest to OOC!

i forgot to hit post earlier ad we finished it before i posted! OOC coming soon!

Jmorty33

Hmmm I'm having a tough time choosing a lantern pic for Kyle. I'm torn between this, this, and even the pre-Flashpoint version. So I was hoping to get some feed back from you guys as to which you like more.

apygoos

second one i think is the most unique spin. its a shame Hal and John have such simple costumes, the other lanterns have such neat designs.

JDrew Spider

Yea, I think I'll go with Storm, but due the nature of the rp I'll be using Ultimate Storm personality. :)

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

apygoos

ill go ahead and post this here, but ocne again at the top of the OOC when we get to it:
State of Mutant and Alein affairs
This worlds lack of JLA, Titans, Xmen, Avengers and anything of the like leaves this world far more fearful of monsters, aliens and mutants, leaving grounds for much stronger Anti-meta speech, especially from the like of Lexcorpe CEO Lex Luthor, and hit nighttime television host,  Gordon Godfrey. you show your powers [if you have any]  and people will either thank you, or run in terror.  This is going to be a major plotpoint in our first arc, and likely a  reoccurring theme throughout the RP.

mia h

Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:51:08 PM
This is pretty damn steampunk here. I'm into it, but can we mix the justice league look with this. Maybe real wings instead of the metal ones?

It's your Hawkgirl so she can look however you want  :D
I just have a bit of a soft spot for that series because the artists and writers knew not to take it too seriously, look what they did to poor Diana

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 02:19:48 PM
ill go ahead and post this here, but ocne again at the top of the OOC when we get to it:
State of Mutant and Alein affairs
This worlds lack of JLA, Titans, Xmen, Avengers and anything of the like leaves this world far more fearful of monsters, aliens and mutants, leaving grounds for much stronger Anti-meta speech, especially from the like of Lexcorpe CEO Lex Luthor, and hit nighttime television host,  Gordon Godfrey. you show your powers [if you have any]  and people will either thank you, or run in terror.  This is going to be a major plotpoint in our first arc, and likely a  reoccurring theme throughout the RP.

So "borrowing" the new JLA backstory for Stargirl where she's a big hit, media freindly etc wouldn't work then?

Jmorty33

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 01:37:11 PM
second one i think is the most unique spin. its a shame Hal and John have such simple costumes, the other lanterns have such neat designs.

Yeah, you're right. Though Kyle's and Guy's uniforms just show how individualistic they are. Guy's was just a cry to say "Look at me!" while Kyle's was based on style and setting himself apart from Hal.

apygoos

Quote from: mia h on August 02, 2013, 02:24:09 PM
So "borrowing" the new JLA backstory for Stargirl where she's a big hit, media freindly etc wouldn't work then?
you can say local media loves her maybe, hell people love Iron Man [but then, hes just a man in a suit of armor..but then shes just a girl with a staff. if you went with Goldstar you can try and milk her relation to Booster Gold too.

apygoos

Quote from: Jmorty33 on August 02, 2013, 02:28:12 PM
Yeah, you're right. Though Kyle's and Guy's uniforms just show how individualistic they are. Guy's was just a cry to say "Look at me!" while Kyle's was based on style and setting himself apart from Hal.
did Ten say though he was going to use a different character?

Jmorty33

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 02:33:01 PM
did Ten say though he was going to use a different character?
Haven't heard anything with him. I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit?

apygoos

doesent hurt to have ideas for what ya wanna do, but if we can get everyone playing something they wanna play  itll all work out [not like the 3 man tug of war for nightwing in the new titans game, that same tug of war happening for tim drake as a second choice,]

Jmorty33

Oh I do remember that. You guys still looking for Tim in that?

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 02:32:00 PM
you can say local media loves her maybe, hell people love Iron Man [but then, hes just a man in a suit of armor..but then shes just a girl with a staff. if you went with Goldstar you can try and milk her relation to Booster Gold too.
Well they did suggest that S.T.R.I.P.E. is around somewhere, and wouldn't be a stretch to think that S.T.R.I.P.E. and Iron Man would have sat down and compared notes at some point. Also Courtney and Kitty on the same team, what's not to love about that  :D

apygoos

Tony compares notes with no one, only possibly finds concepts he observes interesting. in fact, his identity isn't public [yet]. Its no offence to STRIPE.

Jmorty33

Dood, are you sure you want to use Henry for Nightwing? I'm pretty sure that Mai was thinking of using the MoS version of Superman, therefore needing to use Hery for Clark.

MaiMizzu

Please make sure you PM your completed CS's to myself and Apygoos

And as for Superman.. whoever plays him can use whoever they want for him. It's up to the players. But I would expect the man of steel actor to be used for him, but it's up to the player. If you don't want to use anyone else for nightwing, then we'll do what we can I guess.

FromShadowlands

I am pretty sure I am too late but I was wondering if there is still room in this game

MaiMizzu

Quote from: FromShadowlands on August 02, 2013, 04:25:25 PM
I am pretty sure I am too late but I was wondering if there is still room in this game
I think we could go for one more.. who are you interested in playing?

MaiMizzu

apygoos

apygoos

so a decision has been made.
We will be taking Kyle in as GL over Hal Jordan currently. first come, first serve

Oldknight

Quote from: apygoos on August 03, 2013, 12:26:22 PM
so a decision has been made.
We will be taking Kyle in as GL over Hal Jordan currently. first come, first serve

Ok no worries

apygoos

so you will be dropping interest? or was there someone else you might have interest in?

Oldknight

Quote from: apygoos on August 03, 2013, 10:42:38 PM
so you will be dropping interest? or was there someone else you might have interest in?

I will try to think of someone but I don't think I can do so  and avoid occnes so most liely just dropping

Arkaniel

I would like to volunteer to play the Man of Steel version of Superman. I'm a big fan of his incarnation in the superhero verse. But how would he need to be altered story wise to fit into the roleplay story? When and how did the man of steel movie events take place? A year ago like mentioned in the first post?

apygoos

Quote from: Arkaniel on August 04, 2013, 04:38:54 PM
I would like to volunteer to play the Man of Steel version of Superman. I'm a big fan of his incarnation in the superhero verse. But how would he need to be altered story wise to fit into the roleplay story? When and how did the man of steel movie events take place? A year ago like mentioned in the first post?
you need to keep in mind, that whole event would've gone much differently in this universe, given you have Marvel heroes there too, for all you know you may have had Thor helping fight general Zod, the general concept though of MoS Superman works

Florence

Kinda interested, though I'm not sure what character I could play. Most of my favorites are female, like Scandal Savage or Kiden Nixon (Secret Six and NYX, DC and Marvel respectively.) Plus, Scandal's a villain and Kiden's pretty much just a super-powered civilian.

Also, for an rp on a site heavy on the erotic roleplaying... how has no one taken Power Girl?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

apygoos

this isnta  sex focused game for one, and were not quite looking for PC villains yet
and believe it or not, we have no Batman, no Cap, no hulk, no powergirl, no wonder woman, no she-hulk..I quite enjoy our current cast because most of the selected cast isnt too mainstream.

Florence

Quote from: apygoos on August 06, 2013, 09:58:07 AM
this isnta  sex focused game for one, and were not quite looking for PC villains yet
and believe it or not, we have no Batman, no Cap, no hulk, no powergirl, no wonder woman, no she-hulk..I quite enjoy our current cast because most of the selected cast isnt too mainstream.

I wasn't suggesting it was, I'm just saying, this site in general tends to attract people into erotic roleplay, and you'd think those people would be drawn to the legendary bustiness of Power Girl xD

Also, I figured you weren't accepting villains, hence why I pointed it out as a problem with that character.

Hmm... I could do Red Hood (Jason Todd) as an anti-hero, perhaps. He's a bit non-mainstream... even if he was the main antagonist in an animated movie... though with the timeline of this rp, his death and resurrection would probably be a little too... rushed to make sense.

Also tempted to give Booster Gold a shot, but I'm not sure I could really do him justice. Plus, Booster Gold might be hard to fit into this universe, I dunno. Future time travelers can always be a headache.

Batman (Terry McGinnis) is another character I love, but explaining why future Batman is in the present day of a combined universe sort of hurts my head a little to think about.

Also given how Raven and Starfire are in this, and... I gather from recent posts that he's open now (?), Nightwing could be fun, but... I actually just started reading Teen Titans recently, and I'm not too familiar with Nightwing apart from reading wikis, seeing him in cartoons, and his brief appearance in Batman: Under the Red Hood, so I'm not sure how well I could do the character :I

The modern Batwoman is pretty badass too, actually... but... I'm trying to think of a male character.

As for Marvel characters... I have a lot of male characters I like, but few I'm really confident in my ability to play well.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

arkhos

mia h

Quote from: arkhos on August 06, 2013, 10:46:30 AM
Heyyyyy! What's wrong with mainstream characters?

/cries!

Yeah, none of DC's big seven in the game, just shows some publishers have strength in depth  :P

apygoos

If you want real Nightwing, Young Justice does well to point out his general character. as well as pre-new 52. new 52 nightwing has some good plots, but otherwise..im not as much of a fan as i am pre-new 52. Nightiwing is normally my go-to

Florence

Quote from: apygoos on August 06, 2013, 11:24:46 AM
If you want real Nightwing, Young Justice does well to point out his general character. as well as pre-new 52. new 52 nightwing has some good plots, but otherwise..im not as much of a fan as i am pre-new 52. Nightiwing is normally my go-to

I am heavily reluctant to read any of the New 52 stuff, because that reboot killed The Secret Six :,C

mia h

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on August 06, 2013, 10:41:41 AM
Also tempted to give Booster Gold a shot, but I'm not sure I could really do him justice. Plus, Booster Gold might be hard to fit into this universe, I dunno. Future time travelers can always be a headache.

Batman (Terry McGinnis) is another character I love, but explaining why future Batman is in the present day of a combined universe sort of hurts my head a little to think about.

Booster Gold and Iron Man in the same room? Is the world ready for those two shameless self-promoting egomaniacs to exist side by side?
Who knows but it could be fun to watch.

And who says Batman has to be Bruce Wayne? It could be Terry if you can come up with a story that makes him the first Batman.

As for doing them justice, it would be your Booster or Batman or Nightwing or whoever so there is no wrong.  Primach hasn't done his intro post for Captain Marvel yet,(and this isn't a serious suggestion, but if Primarch turned Billy into some street rat, alcoholic who thinks Captain Marvel is just an alcohol induced hallucination he suffers from then that's his Billy it might not be cannon but it wouldn't be wrong.

apygoos

we as GMs have already established that Nightwingis around and Batman is Bruce Wayne. Either way, if you come up with something for a character sheet, send it out way.

Florence

If Green Arrow or Green Lantern are still free, I could try my take on one of those :o

And just a note, I haven't watched any of Arrow yet, so if I do Green Arrow it WON'T be based on that xD

As for Green Lantern... I'm more familiar with the Green Lantern as a concept than any particular individual Green Lantern, so would it be possible to have it be a new character that becomes the first Green Lantern of this Earth?

apygoos

well if youre familiar with the concept, Hal Jordan would possibly be the best cannon GL for you to play. Hes a rather witty, and very imaginative/creative person, part of what makes him arguably one of the best GLs in all of time
Justice League Doom Movie Clip - The Green Lantern Always Gets His Girl heres a really good example

apygoos

WashAutumstar

Don't know if you are still looking for people, but I would be interested

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

apygoos

who did you have in mind? we could use another guy or two to have approved characters before we clamp up recruitment for now.

WashAutumstar

Well my next question would be is there a preferred universe that I should pick from, noticed that there is mostly marvel, didn't know if I should look for a DC character or if anyone cared

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

belatris

Quote from: apygoos on August 06, 2013, 01:57:31 PM
well if youre familiar with the concept, Hal Jordan would possibly be the best cannon GL for you to play. Hes a rather witty, and very imaginative/creative person, part of what makes him arguably one of the best GLs in all of time
Justice League Doom Movie Clip - The Green Lantern Always Gets His Girl heres a really good example

Always disliked Hal Jordan... but that's just me.

;-)

apygoos

Quote from: WashAutumstar on August 06, 2013, 03:09:06 PM
Well my next question would be is there a preferred universe that I should pick from, noticed that there is mostly marvel, didn't know if I should look for a DC character or if anyone cared
we could use some DC
Batman, Nightwing, The Flash, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Captain Atom may be good Male picks
as for female DC picks: Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Batgirl [Barbra Gordon], Artemis, Huntress may be good picks

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 06, 2013, 03:40:32 PM
we could use some DC
Batman, Nightwing, The Flash, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Captain Atom may be good Male picks
as for female DC picks: Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Batgirl [Barbra Gordon], Artemis, Huntress may be good picks

Red Star to keep the star theme running
Or Firehawk to make one of those word ladder things  :D

WashAutumstar

Veluux

I'm definitely interested. I'd like to make a commitment, but I need to wait until I finish my temporary role in Lunar's Classic X-Men game. But I'd like to play Deadpool in this game (which might help with the cross-over thing, because of how he breaks the fourth wall). It would likely be at least a few weeks away - if not a month or two. Pencil me in as Wade, and I'll keep you updated as I get a better idea of when I'll be finished with my other commitment.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Oldknight

I think I might be able to use Grayson or booster gold if they are open

apygoos

Hal and Nightwing are open, just fill in a character sheet to Mai and myself whenever you decide. Time traveling heroes are a pain in the ass to deal with, so id rather not booster gold.

WashAutumstar

Quote from: apygoos on August 06, 2013, 09:00:24 PM
Hal and Nightwing are open, just fill in a character sheet to Mai and myself whenever you decide. Time traveling heroes are a pain in the ass to deal with, so id rather not booster gold.

You mean Hal Jordan? I wouldn't mind being green lanturn

apygoos

we jsut got an app for a GL so for teh moment perhaps consider something else?

WashAutumstar

apygoos

heh, i thought wed be having fights over who wanted to be batman, not Green Lantern XD though to be fair thers a  million GLs so.

WashAutumstar

In my opinion, and don't get me wrong I love batman, Batman isn't a superhero, being smart and rich doesn't make you super.

The CS you already got for Hal I assume?

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 07, 2013, 08:16:45 AM
heh, i thought wed be having fights over who wanted to be batman, not Green Lantern XD though to be fair thers a  million GLs so.
Could be an Indigo Lantern, although only being able to say "Nok" might be a bit limiting.

How there's a thought, Martian Manhunter. The team is a little light on telepaths, and the walking Swiss Army Knife is always handy to have around

WashAutumstar

I can be batman if you would like, though my batman would be more similar to Val Kilmar's style

apygoos

Quote from: WashAutumstar on August 07, 2013, 08:20:11 AM
In my opinion, and don't get me wrong I love batman, Batman isn't a superhero, being smart and rich doesn't make you super.

The CS you already got for Hal I assume?
the CS we got was for Kyle Raner, so if he gets approved..if..Hal will be the second GL of earth when the time comes, and Raner got Aben's Ring.

on the note of Batman, why Val Kilmar? why not pull form his ancestors in the roles portryal? or maybe even from the original animates series, aka Kevin Connory [best batman voice, ever]

WashAutumstar

apygoos

Batman from the Arkham games i think may be a good comparison for what i have envisioned for this game, but that's just me.

WashAutumstar

That wouldn't be a bad idea either, I can do that

but I refuse to be Nolan's version, to dark and gravelly voiced XD

apygoos

i didnt like Bales Batman. Nolan's stories were good, just..needed a better Wayne.
and of course in the Akrham games..Batman is voiced by non other than, wait for it, Kevin Connory!

WashAutumstar

apygoos

only if you really want to, as were prolly going to be clamping recruitment ehre very, very soon, bar someone who expressed interstin Wodner Woman to me, but needs to look into it whenshe has free time.

WashAutumstar

Jmorty33

Angelicant

I promised to at least post here, you know you I am interested, and again I appreciate you holding them for me. As soon as things settle, you can count me in. *smiles*
❤ Want to know more about me, please check out my links above. ❤

Batman4560

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

apygoos

sorry batman and strife, we are closing recruitment at this time, as we have a large enough pool [for now] feel free to bookmark the game threads to keep up with the action and story, down the line we will likely open up for more recruits. you could feel free though to express which characters you would be interested in down the line. The direction of the game will impact how/when we reopen recruitment.

MaiMizzu

As the sign says, we're once again recruiting! We're looking (ideally) for a guy and a gal to join the game as canon characters.

Also as an update, we've decided to allow original characters. BUT you have to take a canon character first, and establish yourself in our RP.

If you want to join the fun, just find the CS template in the first post and mail me and Apygoos your CS!

Hope to hear from you soon!

mia h

So should we start a pool about on who the next application is for?

I say it's going to be BatCow

apygoos

actually, the most recent app is for Green Arrow
STILL no Batman, im rather impressed this game has so many of teh side characters you never hear about, i love it

mia h

apygoos

mia h

So have you approved that Bat Cow application yet?  :D

Gannameade

Batman4560

apygoos

post green arrow to approved characters, join the ooc and post Green Arrows entrance on the main ic thread, Merlyn is there so that is plenty reason for him to be at Stark Tower, thanks to the current situation

Batman4560

apygoos

Batman4560

mia h

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 02, 2013, 08:37:10 PM
Thank you very much. *bows*

Are you bending at the waist or firing arrows at people??

Still no Bat Cow  :'(

VoluptuousVixen

Hey, can I take on either wonder woman ore carol danvers/captain marvel? And if So which Is more preferrd?

Batman4560

Quote from: mia h on September 03, 2013, 02:19:43 AM
Are you bending at the waist or firing arrows at people??

Still no Bat Cow  :'(
Bending at the waist.

apygoos

Quote from: loislanekent on September 03, 2013, 05:18:25 AM
Hey, can I take on either wonder woman ore carol danvers/captain marvel? And if So which Is more preferrd?
we don't need Ms. Marvel, and someone has a claim on wonder woman that we are waiting to hear if they're still interested in joining.
The only male character interest we need right now is a Batman which we will be looking at very carefully.
while wonder woman is on potential interest reserve, we need a few more female characters on the roster. after we get those two more players, we will be closing recruitment once more.

Phaia

I would be interested in this as well...heck didnt even know it was out there

Great to see some of ya all again

Phaia

MaiMizzu

Phaia

wellphooy!!!

bah even

great to see ya again anyway mia....

phaia

Batman4560

To be fair it was a good game. I would love to get in on a small one that didn't just die.

TamaRose

Sorry, to hear that. If you ever start another one up let me know. ;D

MaiMizzu

it was mostly my fault it died. and i did kind of feel it got to many players. but apygoos was a good gm. i just couldnt hang, i guess

apygoos

well i cant GM alone, if its just me alone i get all locked up in my head and i don't end up posting anything anywhere.