Denied peoples access?

Started by Scott, January 25, 2009, 11:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

A denied person was in the SB tonight asking about the status of his application, and apparently he couldn't access it in the intro archives to see it's status. I'm unsure if they receive some sort of message when they are denied, but shouldn't they at least be able to see the denial message from the GOD/GODDESSES on their app rather than having to hear it second hand from anyone who's willing to look their application up?

HairyHeretic

Generally the applicants thread is left up for a while so they can see it. Assuming you mean who I saw, he was declined on the 22nd. He only appears to have logged back in today, and by then the thread had been archived.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

I was under the impression that there was an ubersecret forum specifically for denied applicants and staff members (the name 'Quarantine' comes to mind?), where such members could communicate regarding this sort of thing.  There was another recent post on this forum from a denied applicant (different individual), which made me wonder if that had been discontinued in the reorganization.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

The first rule of ubersecret forums is you don't talk about ubersecret forums.

Seriously though, you're right. That forum is there to resolve issues with unapproved members. It has not been discontinued.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

In other words, those individuals should have been able to see that forum, and could have been directed there, yes?  Or does that expire after X amount of days as well?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moondazed

I believe that works until the applicant's status changes?
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Maeven

Once their usergroup is changed, they can see that forum, yes. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule