News:

Main Menu

Round numbers

Started by Bliss, June 04, 2007, 09:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeven

Grats Kurz and nope, I don't think so... I'm pretty sure that Bliss has more than 10K.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Kurzyk

Bliss

Bliss currently has 14,590.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

WyldRanger

Quote from: Bliss on January 06, 2009, 11:22:05 PM
Bliss currently has 14,590.

Bliss doesn't have enough PM's  :P

Bliss

Enough for what? >.>;;
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Paradox

Enough to make it a round number, perhaps?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

WyldRanger

That's for me to know and for the Goddess to figure out! :P

Bliss

13 more posts and I'll have a palindrome! Or twelve, if this counts as a post... >.>
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Inkidu

I just hit 300 PM's in my inbox. Now it... is... SPARTA!

Did I squeak that one in on the tail of cultural relevance or what! *Can't keep face straight!*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Trieste

Paradox

It's a little hard to see in the pictures (I was driving at the time, as evidenced by the speedometer), and it's entirely unrelated to Elliquiy, but the odometer reads 123321. My father always used to point out his palindromic odometer readings to me, and I picked up the habit when I began driving.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ket

I'm so glad I wasn't on the road while you were driving 65 miles an hour and taking cell phone pics. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Paradox

Quote from: Ket on January 09, 2009, 02:25:44 PM
I'm so glad I wasn't on the road while you were driving 65 miles an hour and taking cell phone pics. 

Come on now, Ket! Even I'm not that dense. I had my girlfriend lean over and take it.

Ket

Uh huh -keeps her comments to herself-
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Maeven

Quote from: Ket on January 09, 2009, 02:29:20 PM
Uh huh -keeps her comments to herself-

Glad I wasn't the only one whose mind went there.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Trieste

x2

Will

Quote from: Paradox on January 09, 2009, 02:26:37 PM
Come on now, Ket! Even I'm not that dense. I had my girlfriend lean over and take it.

Someone should really put that in Board Quotes.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Dawg

Quote from: Will1984 on January 09, 2009, 05:53:08 PM
Someone should really put that in Board Quotes.

Why not you Will
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

HairyHeretic

However, just for comparison

QuoteOz man cracks one off while speeding in drug-packed car
Track this topic
Print story

Films himself on the job, too

By Lester Haines • Get more from this author

Posted in Bootnotes, 31st July 2008 11:11 GMT

An Australian man unsurprisingly faces a spell in jail after cops pulled him for driving at 147km/h (91 mph) in a Holden SV6 packed with 5kg of cannabis, two dope plants, a couple of drug pipes and a loaded .22 rifle.

Brendon Alan Erhardt, 39, was pulled on 16 July on the Northern Territory's Stuart Highway roughly 500km (310 miles) south east of Darwin, according to the Northern Territory News.

One of the arresting officers explained to Darwin Magistrates Court that Erhardt became "visibly agitated" when told his car would be searched, but said "go right ahead". Cops accepted the invitation, and quickly discovered "4.96kg of cannabis hidden in a blue esky* in the boot, two cannabis plants on the back seat, two drug pipes" and the aforementioned firearm.

Prosecutor Sergeant Melinda Edwards told the court the father-of-three told officers he'd "masturbated while driving" just before he was stopped. She added: "He also video recorded himself masturbating while travelling at a speed of 150km/h."

Erhardt protested to officers that cracking one off at the wheel was "not dangerous", since the "only person he could hurt was himself". He claimed he'd found the drugs at a rest stop 100km (62 miles) north of Coober Pedy, and intended to smoke the lot at home.

Regarding the rifle, Erhardt said it was for "shooting kangaroos from the vehicle whilst driving north".

None of this impressed Magistrate Greg Cavanagh, who described the rest stop yarn as "fanciful". He suggested the whole thing smelt of a "courier" run, and the court heard the drugs had a value of "AU$136,000 if sold by the gram in Darwin - or double that in indigenous communities".

In the end, though, the court decided to grant Erhardt a certain degree of mercy in allowing him AU$10,000 bail so he could marry his girlfriend before going to jail. He is due back before the beak on 1 September
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

WyldRanger

Just passed the 22 days, 22 hours, 22 minutes mark :)

Unfortunately, I didn't get a screenshot at the time  ::)

Dawg

Awesome, High Fives the Catch 22 man as he passes through the round number thread
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Avi

Just passed the 2,500 post mark. ;D
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Trieste

Dang... just missed 7k posts... and missed 7777 by 2 hours.

Dawg

Quote from: aviationrox on January 10, 2009, 11:27:09 PM
Just passed the 2,500 post mark. ;D

Awesome - High Five

Quote from: Trieste on January 10, 2009, 11:40:13 PM
Dang... just missed 7k posts... and missed 7777 by 2 hours.

-: SNIP :-

Well you got me on the 7,000 post, but I didn't miss the 7777 when I went through it
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Marguerite

3500 woo...now 3501 oh well.