Ilvermorny (Seeking Co-GM and more Staff!)

Started by lux89, August 23, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Wheresmycow on January 01, 2019, 02:15:22 PM
Hello everyone.

A friend recommended this RP to me and it looks pretty interesting.  I have some questions I'd like to ask just to help me get a sense of things, do I PM the GM(s) or do I ask here?

Hello hun! Like Mellific ask and we shall do our best to answer. :)

Quote from: Crash on January 01, 2019, 06:47:23 PM
I have thought about jumping in but I have to admit the plot seems to revolve around a specific group of students and if they already have close ties and history or I am not interested in that plot are their enough players doing other things to find writing partners and stories?

Oh there are plenty of us that would be in for all manner of rp goodness. I am one for sure! The main plots are just an option and there are a few of us that tossed in our characters to see how much of them comes out the other side. LOLZ But I know I for one would love all manner of scenes, links, and plotting with who ever wants them. :) I'm pretty sure that goes for everyone.

Alaska

You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if only you dared.

Vergil Tanner

Welcome aboard! The more the merrier! Just whip up a bio and PM it to Lux :D Any questions, and if you need any help, we're all here to give you a hand. ^_^
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Mellific

Quote from: Crash on January 01, 2019, 06:47:23 PM
I have thought about jumping in but I have to admit the plot seems to revolve around a specific group of students and if they already have close ties and history or I am not interested in that plot are their enough players doing other things to find writing partners and stories?

Like Curvy said, there are plenty of characters available for connections. We have some characters who are strictly Staff working at Ilvermorny, some who are strictly students, and some who are simply residents of Sirenwell (like Hogsmeade). I think someone tallied up the total characters a while back and we had close to 50 active characters in the game. If you'd like to reach out for connections before making a CS, I'd suggest PMing around a bit after checking out some character sheets.  :-)

Quote from: Alaska on January 01, 2019, 09:46:23 PM
I'm interested

Thrilled to have your interest! If you need us for anything, don't hesitate to ask.  ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

lux89

Quote from: Alaska on January 01, 2019, 09:46:23 PM
I'm interested

Thank you for expressing interest! Yggdrasil is now our co-GM, you can PM me and Yggdrasil your character sheet to get started! ;D

Crash

Standard potter familiars?  Owl, Cat, Rat, Frog?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Vael the Destroyer

LamentingQuill

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

lux89

Quote from: Crash on January 02, 2019, 06:57:31 PM
Thank you!

Oh btw don't forget, you had made 3 characters already! You are welcome to make another, of course! Max number of characters is 6 ;D

Crash

Questions: Jackalopes being one of my favorite critters is interacting with them okay or GM permission required.  I guess the fame question for Trigremlins too.  Are they GM only interactions?

lux89

Quote from: Crash on January 03, 2019, 10:40:28 AM
Questions: Jackalopes being one of my favorite critters is interacting with them okay or GM permission required.  I guess the fame question for Trigremlins too.  Are they GM only interactions?

Good question!

This is an excerpt of first week of class at Ilvermorny when interacting with Jackalopes.

Tuesday. Professor Merritt warned his class that while the pronged
rabbits are quite funny, they are still no joke. Their horns can break legs.
Their specialty in mimicking human voices can and will mislead people to
get lost in the woods. "Never rely on sounds of classmates and teachers."
Whiskey is the jackalope's favorite beverage despite that they never go
as far south as near Sirenwell. They stay close to the secret den up on
North Hike Trail. Merritt told them to prepare for a trial on Thursday.

Thursday. MACUSA agents followed Professor Merritt and his class
out on North Hike Trail. While the third years often got distracted with
being shadowed, Merritt pretended the agents didn't exist. He kept speaking
incessantly and reminded students to never lose sight of the pack. Agents
on the other hand did not listen and wound up following Merritt's voice to
the other side of campus before they suddenly faced heart-stopping silence.
Jackalopes had led the agents astray while the class made it to the secret den.
Merritt instructed them to leave open flasks of whiskey in a tight circle and
retreat at least ten to fifteen yards away so that their legs won't get gored.
They did not wait long before jackalopes galloped to the whiskey and gulped
it down. The class watched on in awe as the rabbits sounded like they were
talking in human speech. Instead of making sense, rather they used words
that they liked. Merritt began singing an old tune, getting the drunken
jackalopes' attention. The beasts stared a while before bursting into laughter
and singing along, vocalizing, hiccuping, and careening into the bushes.

That said, players can have characters interact like this, but jackalopes are most likely to up and break your leg than actually allow to be approached and petted. You don't need a GM to play safely with jackalopes but if you wanted more lore and secrets to develop with jackalopes, the GM can provide.

Tigremlins are electric creatures that live mainly in electronics. The red ones are mischievous and trollish, very rude and messes with electronic communication especially during Mercury retrograde. The blue ones are more helpful and chase the red ones off. Their source material is from the language and culture of Internet. A character is able to tame one of either color and can bring them with anywhere for the rest of their life. You don't need a GM to play safely with a tigremlin but if you wanted more lore and secrets to develop with tigremlins, the GM can provide.

Thank you!

Crash

Thank you Lux and yes I am all in on the Jackalopes so we will talk.  I am thinking I would like to reinstate Tabitha but I want to change her up a bit so I will resubmit her to you.

Kendra

*dipping small toe into big pond*
Hi - are ye still taking new players on?
Game looks incredible.
I love the  Potterverse with something a wee bit short of an obsession  ::)

Malrunar

Hello Kendra! We are accepting new players, absolutely! If you have an idea for a character you'd like to play, go ahead and fill out our sheet and PM it to both Lux and myself so we can give it a look over! And if you have any questions, we're happy to help!

Kendra

Quote from: Yggdrasil on January 15, 2019, 01:43:49 PM
Hello Kendra! We are accepting new players, absolutely! If you have an idea for a character you'd like to play, go ahead and fill out our sheet and PM it to both Lux and myself so we can give it a look over! And if you have any questions, we're happy to help!

Thanks Yggdrasil, was hoping to have something up today but work got away from me and I had another cs to do for another game.
Will work on this tomorrow for sure.
Is it alright to do twins??

Malrunar

Absolutely! They would each require their own sheet, however. Character cap is six.

Crash

Kendra

Quote from: Yggdrasil on January 16, 2019, 02:13:42 PM
Absolutely! They would each require their own sheet, however. Character cap is six.

Brilliant, thank you.
Think the two will be about manageable for now  ;D

Quote from: Crash on January 16, 2019, 02:41:49 PM
Kendra!!!!!!  OMG!  *Hugs!!!!!!*

*tackleglomps* Crash! hey you <3

Crash

Quote from: Kendra on January 17, 2019, 07:15:33 AM
*tackleglomps* Crash! hey you <3

*Is glomped and loves it*  Glad to have you joining.  Looks like I need another character....

lux89

mai

Not often I see a thread specifically soliciting lesbian interest. What's the story?

Crash

Quote from: mai on January 17, 2019, 06:29:53 PM
Not often I see a thread specifically soliciting lesbian interest. What's the story?

At the moment I think it is more just a lack of lesbian characters.  There are a decent number of gay male character and some bisexual or bi curious characters but not many lesbian characters.  Lux is trying to add to the diversity.

mai

I see. I might be interested if there are a few others but I don't typically like playing the only lesbian in a game.

lux89

YES. I love seeing new neverbeforeseen things in the Potterverse, and honestly a lesbian couple or three is well overdue! Just seeing if anyone's out there that wants to! There are many stories, you can go sandbox and be unrelated to the main plot, or involve as much as you'd like with the main plot. Which is: A terrorist Dark witch the Lady Marvazio has caused mayhem with the school and the government, getting the wizarding world to question their capability to protect the students. Since many other character stories that unfold on their own, you'll see brilliant writers for yourself. They are great company in my opinion, really funny and clever. The Index thread has the main plot in chronological order too!