Books, books and more books!

Started by Immortal Flame, September 08, 2012, 06:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

:: takes Murphy's Space Marines and replaces them with Sisters::

Sasquatch421

I've gotten back into The Hallow's series by Kim Harrison... It take a little bit to get started, but they are good books and I love the covers. While I like the main character Rachel Morgan, I fell in love with Ivy the living vampire who becomes Rachel's business partner. Then there is the pixie Jenks... All his curses have to do with Tinkerbell and faeries...

Caeli

Quote from: Pyana on January 23, 2013, 10:52:18 PMMercedes Lackey - just about anything, but particularly the Valdemar books. I am not a huge fan of some of her earlier works, but all of her work is good.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I adore Mercedes Lackey's books. Which one I'll read at any given time will depend on my mood (if I'm looking for something more serious, I'll usually pick up her Bardic Tales titles; something more humorous, the 500 Kingdoms books; Valdemar & world titles if I'm looking for feel-good magic and happy endings and a bit of the exotic), but I really love all of her work.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

LilyRoseBlack23

One of my favourite authors will always be JRR Tokein, not only did he create an entire world, but entire languages from scratch, and his son did an excellent job finishing his father's works so they were able to be published.

Cyclone Havoc

House of scorpions is amazing book, and the author is finally writing a sequel to it.

Monica

Wow, Nancy Farmer is writing a sequel? I read that book when it came out in 2002. Damn.

Cyclone Havoc

Lol that's what I said when I found out.  It's called THE LORD OF OPIUM