The Curse of Millersborough -- Villagers Win!

Started by Remiel, January 10, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

If enough people don't want a tie, I can respect that. I am just seriously grasping at any way to acquire some sort information--it's so hard to early-game. I really hate doing things randomly if it can be avoided. :/

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Lynnie: 3 (NightOwl, Rummy, Mintprincess)
Mintprincess: 2 (Blythe, Yugi)
Rummy Tum Tum: 2 (Ket, Scott)
Imogen: 2 (Trieste, SithLord)

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor, Imogen, Lynnie

Madame Professor

I’m not sure the odds really change with a tie or not. Given that we have had only one night and no deaths.. the only ones with information are the vampires and potentially the vampire hunter. With the Constable, there is the role block option, add in Dracula’s power... there is no information in the open.

The chances of the vampires not turning someone are slim to none. Add to the numbers as quickly as possible to make things easier. The only way this doesn’t happen is if the Constable got really lucky.

I understand Blythe’s reasoning, about wanting to get more information in the open, even if it might not seem like it would yield much.

I find the vote withdraws interesting.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Lynnie

In my defense, I should have read back before posting as when I voted for Ket, I was thinking we were still reaffirming our votes for Mayor. Though, with not much information to go on I don't know how I should vote. Also with a few votes against me I can for a fact say that I am nothing more than a villager.

Imogen

Oh, there is not much mystery in my withdrawing my vote. I have two reasons:

1. I do not want to ruin our chances of gaining information in case of a tie by leaving Ket with no choice if it's between her and one other.
2. Also, with Ket believing I am out for her blood, I'd be a suicidal madman to risk being one of the options she may have to choose from if there is a tie. (yeah, i am so not into science, tyvm). So, to be blunt... I have to remove my vote from Ket as long as there are two votes behind MY name. I will need to place my vote with someone who has more votes than Ket (and me) and hope for the best.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Madame Professor

Oh, I completely understand why you would. I have no intention of voting for Ket, because if I was going to do that, I might as well have voted for Lynnie. But with the talk of ties, I can understanding wanting to protect yourself, given how it seems Ket thinks you are out for her blood.

I didn’t mean there was mystery behind it.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ket

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 14, 2018, 12:07:33 PM
I don't think Imogen's statements are out to get Ket either - I'm not sure why you read it that way Ket. 

It was not a totally serious comment.

Remember, I'm trying to protect myself and the other villagers and keep myself alive. So, when someone makes conclusions that keep saying "They mayor may have been turned!" I've got to put up my guards.

I'll say it again. I was not turned last night, and killing me really isn't a good option.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Remiel

Reminder:  the deadline for voting is approximately 12pm noon on Tuesday, 1/16.  Please try to have your votes in by that time.

Imogen

Okay... So, Ket and I had a chat in private and I'm going to put my doubts aside for the moment.

I still have to vote and the obvious candidates are Rummy, Mint and Lynnie since they have a couple of votes. I am not going to pick Rummy, because he might be the mad scientist. This leaves me with Lynnie and Mint. I don't have a reason to suspect either of them, but I have to make a decision. My vote goes to MintPrincess.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

Awesome.  For the record, I’m a citizen. 

Also, Imogen’s vote is super shady to me.  Let’s see. I have two. She has two. Lynnie has three.  Imogen is trying to save herself, yet rather than give Lynnie four making it very difficult for anyone to tie Imogen up, she votes for me.  Keeping herself one away.

Risky.

Wonder why.

Imogen

Because Lynnie also still has to vote. If I vote for Lynnie, she'll vote for me - not even a question. Most of us would do that.

That would put me at three votes. Madame Professor also still has to vote and she somewhat hinted that she doesn't intend to vote for Lynnie. She may vote neutral, but to force tie, she'd have to vote for me.

For the same record, Mint, I have no reason to suspect you more than anyone else. I have a hard time believing that any of the ones currently under threat are vampires, but the current situation is : buy a ticket at counter A and put your head on the chopping block, or buy a ticket at counter B with a chance your head won't be on the block. The chance at a prize is the same. Which counter do you visit to buy your ticket?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Madame Professor

Actually, I said I wasn’t voting for Ket. And that if I did for her, it would have been a vote for Lynnie because at the time, that would have tied them up and Ket isn’t going to lynch herself.

I never said I wouldn’t vote for Lynnie.

Imogen

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 15, 2018, 03:23:05 PM
Actually, I said I wasn’t voting for Ket. And that if I did for her, it would have been a vote for Lynnie because at the time, that would have tied them up and Ket isn’t going to lynch herself.

I never said I wouldn’t vote for Lynnie.

Ah, I misunderstood you then. My bad!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lynnie

If you feel the need to vote towards me Madame Professor by all means go ahead but I am nothing more than a citizen of this town. Imogen is correct though if Imo voted for me I would totally cast my vote that direction. But since time is now running short and since I need to cast my vote I will cast my vote towards MintPrincess for no other reason than I rolled a die on those who casted their votes for me.

Mintprincess

Awesome.  Stake the citizen, for no reason other than two people randomly picked her (so they claim) and two people don’t want to die (which makes sense). Good one vampires.   Can’t kill me in the night like last game, so kill me in the day.  It’s a pretty valid strategy.  I will at least say this. I have no special role so there is at least that team.  None of the precious specials will die.

And for Remi, second game where no one has outed their role to me either. 

yugi006

Quote from: Imogen on January 15, 2018, 02:17:37 PM
Okay... So, Ket and I had a chat in private and I'm going to put my doubts aside for the moment.

I still have to vote and the obvious candidates are Rummy, Mint and Lynnie since they have a couple of votes. I am not going to pick Rummy, because he might be the mad scientist. This leaves me with Lynnie and Mint. I don't have a reason to suspect either of them, but I have to make a decision. My vote goes to MintPrincess.

This seems kind of strange since you are leaving the decision in the hands of Ket should the votes tie.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Mintprincess: 4 (Blythe, Yugi, Imogen, Lynnie)
Imogen: 2 (Trieste, SithLord)

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor

Approximately 18 hours left to vote!

Blythe

As I said, I want a tie. >_>

Changing my vote away from Mint. I am voting instead for Scott. The reason being that I can't in good conscience for Rummy if I feel he might legit be the Mad Scientist, and Imogen's math and all has been reasonable enough to dissuade me from initially voting for her at least, even if we disagree about a tie and all. I'm more looking at the long-game for information, not just the math of one round, and starting to gather intel is helpful for deducing patterns later. Depending on how Madame votes, we'll see what happens.

Madame Professor

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Mintprincess: 3 (Yugi, Imogen, Lynnie)
Imogen: 3 (Trieste, SithLord, Madame Professor)
Scott: 1 (Blythe)

Approximately 15 hours left in the day phase!  If you're going to change your votes, now's the time.

Rummy Tum Tum

Looking good. All we need now is for Ket to vote Scott, Scott to vote one of the other 3, and someone from the other 3 to vote Scott to even things out.

If we want to make things more fair and potentially helpful

Imogen

This is strange.

Why are certain people so desperate for that tie when we decided the hunter will scry the Mayor in the coming night? All this is doing is making sure the votes are so scrambled that they will mean nothing anymore and giving our bad guys a chance to claim "oh, I didn't know who to vote for and changed to X or Y because we wanted that tie. Just being helpful'.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ket

Where was it ever decided that the hunter would scry the mayor in the coming night? I don't recall anyone saying this.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Blythe

It was certainly never decided in public, no.

Mintprincess

I still don’t understand how the tie thing tells us anything at all.
Chances are still high of a citizen kill.  Are we going to claim ket is a vampire if a citizen dies?
I prefer the hunter looks at her strategy as well.