5th Ed D&D - The Legend of Dryad Wood

Started by Devil's Advocate, April 12, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: EvilBeast on May 30, 2015, 10:26:29 PM
Do you still need another player?

I have no issue taking in more players if they fit. :)
O/o's

A/a's

EvilBeast

I have a female gnome druid just about ready to go. If there's room for her, I'll complete her and write up a background. If you'd rather have need of a different class, let me know.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: EvilBeast on May 31, 2015, 02:57:54 PM
I have a female gnome druid just about ready to go. If there's room for her, I'll complete her and write up a background. If you'd rather have need of a different class, let me know.

That will work well enough.  PM me with it all.
O/o's

A/a's

Lynnie

I will. Its a pdf file. How should i send that?

EvilBeast

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on May 31, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
That will work well enough.  PM me with it all.
i'll get her sent over a bit later tonight. thanks!

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Lynnie on May 31, 2015, 03:53:57 PM
I will. Its a pdf file. How should i send that?

I advise using Myth Weavers.  See it here
O/o's

A/a's

Lynnie

I think I am going to gracefully bow out as I saw how big this was getting >.> A bit to much for me.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Lynnie on June 01, 2015, 08:08:17 AM
I think I am going to gracefully bow out as I saw how big this was getting >.> A bit to much for me.

*shrug*  No worries.  We will hope to write with you some time in the future.  It is smaller than you think but the invite remains open.
O/o's

A/a's

Lynnie

Thank You :) I will try to figure out the site you showed me.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Lynnie on June 01, 2015, 11:21:13 AM
Thank You :) I will try to figure out the site you showed me.

Figure it out?

We're experiencing a bit of a slow down in Dryad Wood due to some players either disappearing or having life experience.  We can add a few more players, especially if they're regular writers.
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

Is there room for a (future) Gnarley Ranger?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

eternaldarkness

I'd love to join if you have room. I think every D&D game needs a good 'ol burly Fighter. I'm thinking he's probably a militiaman from Dryad Wood.

Muse

*chuckles*  A barbarian and a fighter, ey?  :)  Between you and Ran we'll have a really strong front. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: eternaldarkness on August 08, 2015, 10:31:27 PM
I'd love to join if you have room. I think every D&D game needs a good 'ol burly Fighter. I'm thinking he's probably a militiaman from Dryad Wood.

PM me your idea.  Party's only a day out from Dryad Wood.  Certainly would be good for the group.

Quote from: greenknight on August 08, 2015, 07:57:03 PM
Is there room for a (future) Gnarley Ranger?

Mayhaps.  I think we have another ranger but I can handle as many players as necessary.  There may be times where the party shall have to split.  *evil grin*
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

A couple of questions. What is epic point buy for stats and do you allow feats and how much gear do we get (roll for cash, max cash, or starting class/background gear only)?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: greenknight on August 09, 2015, 03:08:00 PM
A couple of questions. What is epic point buy for stats and do you allow feats and how much gear do we get (roll for cash, max cash, or starting class/background gear only)?

Normal 5th ed point buy.  I think I said epic at one point because I was looking at Pathfiinder at the same time.  My bad.  All equipment is standard per the PH.  No die rolls for money starting cash, etc.
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

Great. Can someone help me out with the ranger's starting equipment. I'm about 450 miles from my PHB and will be for the next few weeks. The basic rules only cover so much.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: greenknight on August 09, 2015, 08:49:25 PM
Great. Can someone help me out with the ranger's starting equipment. I'm about 450 miles from my PHB and will be for the next few weeks. The basic rules only cover so much.

Not including background stuff;
Scale or leather armour
Two shortswords or two simple melee weapons
A dungeoneer's pack, or an explorer's pack
A longbow and 20 arrows.

The dungeoneer's pack contains a backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, a  waterskin and  50 ft of hemp rope.
The explorer's pack is a backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin and 50 ft of rope.

greenknight

Thanks, Joanie.

DA, any issue with trading the two shortswords and longbow for longsword, shield, and shortbow? I'm considering a Justicar like build, but I may need to throw a level of fighter in there if I want to go the full route.

EDIT: Are any of the additional languages in use; Old Flan, Velondi, etc?

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: greenknight on August 09, 2015, 10:06:57 PM
Thanks, Joanie.

DA, any issue with trading the two shortswords and longbow for longsword, shield, and shortbow? I'm considering a Justicar like build, but I may need to throw a level of fighter in there if I want to go the full route.

EDIT: Are any of the additional languages in use; Old Flan, Velondi, etc?

No additional languages to concern yourself with.  Let's stick to the PHB as written.  I'm quite sure you will find weapons more to your preference at some point.
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

How's this? I'm working the background out, but I don't want to get too in depth and never have it come up in game. Basically, he is from Dryad Wood or near to it and spent most of his childhood running around in the woods. He's met a few things there, too.

Brannock

Human Ranger (Outlander) 1 Neutral Good
AC 16 (scale armor)
HP 12 (1d10+2)
Speed 30 feet

14 Strength 14 Dexterity 12 Constitution 12 Intelligence 14 Wisdom 10 Charisma
Saves Str +4, Dex +4
Skills Athletics +4, Medicine+4, Nature +3, Perception +4, Stealth +4,  Survival +4
Languages Common, Elf, Goblin, Sylvan

Features & Traits
Proficiencies. Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, viol
Favored Enemy. You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track goblins and orcs and on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
Natural Explorer. You are particularly at home in forest terrain. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to forest terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in. While traveling for an hour or more in forest terrain, you gain the following benefits:
• Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s speed.
• Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
• Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling, you remain alert to danger.
• If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
• When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
• While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
Skill. You have proficiency in Athletics
Medium Armor Mastery. When wearing medium armor, you may add up to a +3 Dexterity bonus to AC and never suffer disadvantage to Dexterity (Stealth) checks.
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography and you always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around me. You can always find fresh food and water for yourself and up to five other people each day.

Attacks & Spellcasting
Shortsword  +4  1d6+2 piercing, finesse, light
Longbow  +4  1d8+2 piercing, ammunition (150/600 feet), heavy, two handed
Staff  +4  1d6+2 bludgeoning, versatile (1d8+3 bludgeoning)
Dagger  +6  1d4+5 piercing, finesse, light, thrown (20/60 feet)

Additional Equipment
backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, hunting trap, traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, viol, 8 gp

Age 20
Height 5’10”
weight 170 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair brown

Dhi

Hi DA, is there room for another meat shield? I'm interested in playing a fighter, though I'm told you already have a barbarian, paladin, and ranger.

Wolfy

Is there still room for more party members? ;3

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Dhi on August 12, 2015, 11:09:38 AM
Hi DA, is there room for another meat shield? I'm interested in playing a fighter, though I'm told you already have a barbarian, paladin, and ranger.

Always works for me.
O/o's

A/a's