Brave New World Small group

Started by DarkAngel111, March 18, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel111

Alright guys I believe we are ready to kick the game off as soon as everyone figures out their connections. We can talk those in OOC?

Rick Davis
Sarah Shaw
Malini Pandit
Anna Maria

All of the above are characters that are not accepted and can post in the Accepted Character's thread their profiles.
The link to the thread is in the Very first post.

BlueMaiden88 your profile looks great to me so far, you only need to add a few things like a Picture for your character. And you said you have not finished the sheet yet, so whenever it is done let me know.

BlueMaiden88

I edited it and added her picture.  I didn't want to spam the thread with reposts of the profile, so I just edited the existing one.

DarkAngel111

Alright.
If your profile is final now, you can added it to accepted characters Thread aswell.

DarkAngel111

Each character is free to start on their own and meet up with the group in a couple of first posts.

But if you wish to make connections Everyone should do so in the OOC thread.

El Maligno

DarkAngel111

It is open. But I believe the other Game has taken away most of our players. Maybe I will put it on hold. IF I don't get a response from G We are going to make first IC post before the end of the week... or not at all.

El Maligno

let me know so i can transition over unless you have enough people

DarkAngel111

This game is Officially Dead.

I am sorry Guys,
I know you all worked hard, but we donot have enough people Some more people have pulled out of the game at the last moment. :(

Miroque

DarkAngel111

real life issues, I Guess we cannot help that right?,

Plus there is a new game, so I am thinking till they are accepting characters we won't be getting any. Maybe in a while we can start again.. hopefully.

BlueMaiden88

Oh well. Maybe, for now, you can hang on to the information for this one and try to start it up again in a few weeks.  There's nothing stopping different people from joining it at a later time.

DarkAngel111

That is my plan exactly
I will be keeping the thread open,
We will eventually get more people.

Otherwise I have a little change in mind we can work on and make it a *large* game. With three or more established Colonies fighting for control over supplies.

BlueMaiden88

Factions, intrigue, fights for life, liberty and food!  Human struggle amidst chaos..

Oh, that sounds positively vicious.  I like it. 

DarkAngel111

indeed but i have little experience in GMing big or small games for that matter so i will need at least 2 or 3 more GMs to help me with that game
so it will take alot more planning

BlueMaiden88

Your main idea is to set rules of 'combat' and basic guidelines for character deaths- a possible storyline that you want followed.  It's more important to have extra GMs for a large group than it is for a smaller one.  With smaller groups, you just have to remember to stimulate the RP with random events to rekindle interest. 
I've GM'ed and co-GM'ed  a couple of times, so if you need help, just ask.

DarkAngel111

indeed there will be a lot of struggle.
Between the living that is.

So combat will be done often.

The main thing I am working on in the background is the three colonies,
I am thinking they each have control over 1 critical supply.

Trading is done between colonies, but each group wants it all to themselves.

Another critical point is the Leaders of Each Colony. 

What do you suggest for the Combat system?

Help is welcomed always! :)

BlueMaiden88

I'm most familiar with the DnD system of attacking, but that may be too complicated...with all the levels, base attack bonuses and what have you.

I'd say that you could use a somewhat diluted version of that system so that fights are fair.  For example, a person simply picks their ability scores for Strength, Constitution and Dexterity.  We'd have to flesh out how that would work precisely.  But that would help you determine a character's strength with their attacks and their ability to avoid attacks.

You can use dice rolls to determine if attacks hit or how badly a person's damaged.