Topless day at Venice Beach!

Started by Trieste, August 26, 2010, 10:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Lilias on August 27, 2010, 01:01:12 PM
This. Right. There.

Can we implement a law that moobs are indecent exposure? They're not supposed to exist, after all! :P

D: *now has his feelings hurt* T_T *runs away crying*

Merlyn

Quote from: Lilias on August 27, 2010, 01:01:12 PM
This. Right. There.

Can we implement a law that moobs are indecent exposure? They're not supposed to exist, after all! :P

OOOH and guys that look like bears... or walrus's.

And honestly I wouldn't mind my child seeing breasts (if/when I have one.)  It is a natural part of the body.  Now if said women was shoving them in my child's face, or playing with her chest for pleasure, then I might get upset.  But honestly why not explain sex early?  You can explain it, and explain it's something that you do as an adult... not a child, so they don't need to worry about it.

And I can accept that others have their own views, but I also accept that I have a right to my own.  I have no problem with people having views.  My problem comes from when they try to dictate what others can and cannot do.  It wouldn't hurt anyone if a women was topless, and if someone doesn't like it they could go elsewhere.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Trieste

People who get upset about public breastfeeding just upset me. I mean, come on people, that's what they're there for. It's one thing if you oppose random public breast-baring, okay whatever floats your boat. But to oppose breast-feeding when breast milk is one of the most key components of infant health? What are those people smoking?

Not to mention that the moment you try to justify something to me with "The Lord God commands...", you've lost me. I'm not Christian, I don't believe in God, I resent the very fact that someone thinks that their God can command me to eat a popsicle, let alone anything else. It's quite arrogant.

I really have yet to hear a single rational, non-religious argument supporting this discriminatory practice.

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on August 27, 2010, 02:13:37 PM
I really have yet to hear a single rational, non-religious argument supporting this discriminatory practice.

Men don't like having blue balls.   O:)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

I remember some *bleep* on Yahoo Answers, asking (really terrified) if his newborn daughter would be a lesbian if she was breastfed(!), because the babe 'attacked the breast' (!!) with much more gusto than her older brother had. All the suggestions that lesbians have existed for millennia, while alternatives to breastfeeding have existed for a century or so, went to waste. And of course the massive hairflip came when someone slyly suggested that he should be more worried that his son was gay, if he didn't like booby >:)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Merlyn

Quote from: Lilias on August 27, 2010, 02:51:44 PM
I remember some *bleep* on Yahoo Answers, asking (really terrified) if his newborn daughter would be a lesbian if she was breastfed(!), because the babe 'attacked the breast' (!!) with much more gusto than her older brother had. All the suggestions that lesbians have existed for millennia, while alternatives to breastfeeding have existed for a century or so, went to waste. And of course the massive hairflip came when someone slyly suggested that he should be more worried that his son was gay, if he didn't like booby >:)
Idiot 0, random question answerer 1

Perhaps the guys are just upset because they have no chance at getting the women that are walking around topless.  After all look at the ones that are in the video...

Oh and did anyone else get a kick out of the fact that behind the fat one that didn't shut up there was a boy wearing a bikini top over his shirt?  It made me wonder why the guy didn't turn around and say that he was going to hell for cross dressing. Cause that seemed like something he'd say.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Wolfy on August 27, 2010, 11:24:26 AM
Well, unless you practice Islam...as I understand it, women have to be covered from head to toe, with basically only their eyes visible, when out in public.

Though...I never really understood the reason why. O-o...is is Masogony(I probably spelled that wrong)?, is it Tradition? Is there even a reason for it anymore? Hmm...

Then again, I could be confusing the whole thing with something else. o3o

Not quite. I'm no expert on the subject, but I believe it's down to a passage about women dressing modestly. It can be as little as a headscarf. The full body one I think is a more strict / fundamentalist thing.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sho

I'm of two minds on this - I don't particularly think that topless bathing is bad, but then again, I don't see a huge difference between your nether regions and yours breasts, in terms of sexuality. They are both sexually charged parts of the body in our society, though their proper functions are for breeding/nursing young children. I could understand a parent not wanting to have to explain public nudity - I think that some people think it will make their child too open with their own bodies, too willing to bare themselves.

Would I go to a topless beach? Maybe.

Would I bring my young children to one? Probably not.

I had an experience where I had my two young neices (four and six at the time) and we stumbled onto a private, nude beach. Naturally they were delighted and started giggling, asking why everyone was naked, and I had to sheperd them away and explain that they were naked because it was private property, and that there was nothing wrong with being naked, but that they had to save it for times it was appropriate.

Personally, I think the problem with public nudity is that it makes it so much harder to distinguish when it's proper to be naked, and when it's not. Afterall, if you're allowed to be naked on a beach with a group of men around you, why is it wrong to do it with one man, behind the school bleachers? A bit of an extreme example, I suppose.

Anyways, personally I see no reason not to allow it, just that there are some legitimate reasons as to why people would be against it. Even if they are a bit exaggerated and fear-mongering, as reasons go.

TheDarkMiko

I feel peole should do what they want....but stipulations need to be put in place. It's bad enough I see saggy old men chesticles. Adding some old woman's might send me over the edge of madness. A certain portion of the beach should be sanctioned off for those kinds of things.
[tr][td]
TDM's O/O's [/td]
[td]TDM's A/A's[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Serephino

Actually, society's view of sexuality has changed a lot in the past hundred years.  Think about how women used to dress; layers of clothing that covered up pretty much everything.  I can't remember where I heard this, but supposedly long tablecloths and table skirts were made because it was though that the sight of table legs would arouse men because it would get them to thinking about a woman's legs.  I remember it because it was so ridiculous I almost fell off the couch laughing. 

Up until the 20's a woman showing arms and shoulders was considered lewd.  We learned in 10th grade History that women started wearing those flapper dresses as sort of a way of rebelling and starting a sexual revolution.  But then it became okay to show your arms, but showing cleavage meant you were loose. 

When 'I Dream of Jeanie' was on the air Barbara Eden's costume stirred up a lot of controversy.  Apparently they couldn't show her belly button because that was inappropriate for children.  Now you have women running around in shorts so short their ass cheeks show, and they have on a tube top and a belly button ring.

I guess my point is that things that used to be considered sexual fifty years ago aren't anymore.  Each decade things seem to get a little more relaxed.  Right now it's perfectly fine for a woman to stroll down the beach in a string bikini that only covers up her breasts and nether regions.  If the woman is attractive men will be aroused by it, but skin isn't considered sexual anymore. 

I guess going topless is just the next step up.  Actually, I just had a thought.  As little as some bikini tops cover anymore, kids have already seen breasts, they just haven't seen nipples.... 

Wolfy

Indeed..there is plenty of Side-boob and underboob on TV and in video games. :P

Oniya

Quote from: Serephino on August 27, 2010, 08:59:06 PM
Actually, society's view of sexuality has changed a lot in the past hundred years.  Think about how women used to dress; layers of clothing that covered up pretty much everything.  I can't remember where I heard this, but supposedly long tablecloths and table skirts were made because it was though that the sight of table legs would arouse men because it would get them to thinking about a woman's legs.  I remember it because it was so ridiculous I almost fell off the couch laughing. 

Anything goes by cole porter
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Quote from: Oniya on August 27, 2010, 09:26:29 PM
Anything goes by cole porter

O_O *Is suddenly washed over with Nostalgia of Fallout 3* Damn you Oniya! My addiction is starting again!

Ket

Quote from: SesshoumarusPriestess on August 27, 2010, 08:14:13 PM
I feel peole should do what they want....but stipulations need to be put in place. It's bad enough I see saggy old men chesticles. Adding some old woman's might send me over the edge of madness. A certain portion of the beach should be sanctioned off for those kinds of things.

So, only pretty people should be allowed to be naked? If so, who defines what is pretty and acceptable?  Are only young women in their 20's with perfect breasts allowed to bare them? And must they be under a certain body weight?  What if some people don't find the same things attractive as those making the standards?

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Trieste on August 27, 2010, 11:06:43 AM
... every five year old has seen boobies, at least if they are breast fed.

WIN