Spunky's Cafe (open to all)

Started by Spunky, November 16, 2009, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jena8806

Well, I hope to liven the place up some, and thank you.
-smiles while watching the man leave before turning back to the book-

DarkWorld0BrightHope

-spends a fair fifteen minutes in the kitchen area preparing the soup, chopping up the vegetables quite finely and pulling the crackers out of the cabinents. The chicken was rendered well cooked in the process after having been diced up finely. Finally, with the soup ready and plated, he returns-

Your Chicken Soup is ready mi'lady.

It is made with the finest carrots we here at Spunky's Cafe can afford, as well as other vegetables. The chicken is as fresh as can be without having been slaughtered her as well.
I do hope you find it to you liking.

I am called Dark by many, and you are mi'lady?
Looking for writing prompts, 500-1000 words. Will do one a day.

jena8806

-tastes the soup and smiles-

It is absolutely delicious.  I don't believe I could have made it better myself.  It is a pleasure to meet you, Dark.  I am known as either Jen or Jena.  It depends on which you would rather, because I don't mind either one.

Why not take a seat, and join me for a while?  I'm quite lonely tonight, and could use the company.

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Closes his eyes and smiles, "It would be my pleasure Lady Jen. Becoming more acquainted with my guests is something that would make this place feel more at home for all who seek solace, or entertainment here."

Walks up to the chair nearest you and takes a seat, looking you in the eye-his violet eyes gleaming.

"What book are you reading Jen? Does it hold your interests?""

jena8806

-blushes a little-

"Well..right now I'm reading a book called 'Shadow Game.'  It's a book by Christine Feehan about a military group that has special powers.  the doctor was creating a group of super soldiers known as the 'ghost whisperers' so they could communicate telepathically.  That way, no sounds are heard.  They can go in, complete a mission, and go out just as silently."

DarkWorld0BrightHope

"That would be a very tactically sound device to use in any operation, whether military, or stealth. Could allow for even more deadly precision than could be had elsewise, if one were so inclined. I would no be, unless it of course, were a means of protecting the one who I am currently devoted to. I am a creature of service, and I do my best to carry out the wishes of my misteress when she is most herself. The book you are reading does sound quite appealing. Anything in the book that you find most interesting?"

jena8806

"Well..I am actually re-reading the series, so I pretty much know what goes on in the story.  I know that later on in the books, you find out that the woman in the first book is not just a normal scientist.  Her father used her and a couple of other girls as a science experiment.  She also has powers of her own.  It definitely has some nice twists in the books.  I, however, am a sucker for romance.  I like how Lily and Ryland team up to find the other girls, because each one is hidden somewhere."

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Gets up and steps up closer to you, from behind, and reaches down to look at the book as well, his face setting gently upon your own over your shoulder as I peer into the book.

"A romantic you say? Romance is a fine art. It can either be of passionate expression, or a tool to incite the one into doing something they might not normally otherwise do. There are no sure-fire ways of romancing a person as a rule, but, if one reads a person well enough, it could be a damned close guess. I find... romance to be quite..." moves to breathe the last word into your ear, "enticing."

jena8806

Shivers as you breathe the last word in her ear.  "Yes..it can." tries to gain composure.  "It's an excellent series.  One I would recommend to anyone.  It combines military forces with romance quite nicely in my opinion."  looks over shoulder and smiles up at you, hazel eyes twinkling.

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Quote from: jena8806 on October 28, 2011, 09:50:18 PM
Shivers as you breathe the last word in her ear.  "Yes..it can." tries to gain composure.  "It's an excellent series.  One I would recommend to anyone.  It combines military forces with romance quite nicely in my opinion."  looks over shoulder and smiles up at you, hazel eyes twinkling.
Straightens back up, bringing his right arm onto his lower torso and using his right to support himself as he does so, eyes closing once again, a gentle smile across his lips.
"I shall seek it out the next time I go book hunting then, I've not read a new series in a long time. The reccomendaon of yours, I shall trust."

Bows lightly, "If you'll excuse me, I'll go and retrieve us some hot beverages for us to share. I won't be long dear Jena, I promise you that."

jena8806

Quote from: DarkWorld0BrightHope on October 28, 2011, 10:13:30 PM
Straightens back up, bringing his right arm onto his lower torso and using his right to support himself as he does so, eyes closing once again, a gentle smile across his lips.
"I shall seek it out the next time I go book hunting then, I've not read a new series in a long time. The reccomendaon of yours, I shall trust."

Bows lightly, "If you'll excuse me, I'll go and retrieve us some hot beverages for us to share. I won't be long dear Jena, I promise you that."

((sorry..I fell asleep because of my medicine.))

"Hot beverages sound amazing right now, thank you.  You are very kind.  Your mistress is very lucky to have someone like you." blushes and looks back down at the book.

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Advances around the corner holding a wide vareity of hot beverages to choose from, ranging from mulled wine, hot cocoa, coffee, latte, cappucino, apple cider, all the way to horlicks.

"I am but her servant, I am there for her only as she desires. It is I who is lucky to have her as a dear friend. Now tell me, what beverage would you most like tonight fair maiden?"

jena8806

Gingerly takes a cup of hot cocoa.  "This smells amazing.  Thank you."  Takes a sip of the hot cocoa.  "You are very kind to have brought drinks out."

DarkWorld0BrightHope

"Why of course. It is chill out, and any additional warmth is oft welcomed. Anything less would be unacceptable. If drinks, meals, or blankets cannot suffice, I do provide hugs, cuddles, and snuggles as well. I am a very flexible servant, who desires to please above and beyond all else. Of course, if I could manage to attract more customers in here, I am certain you could find this place to be far warmer. Though we do have a fireplace around here somewhere... I am certain. Spunky did not give me full detail on what this place has..."

jena8806

giggles slightly and blushes at cuddles comment.  "I don't mind not having anyone else here at the moment, though I'm sure you think otherwise for business.  I tend to like the peaceful quiet.  It's soothing."  Gets up from chair and places book in purse.  "There must be a fireplace somewhere."  Takes a sip from hot cocoa. "I can go searching for it to get out of your hair."

Night Stalker

Returns from a long sojourn to voices in the main area, entering through the kitchen area with coffee in hand he slides into his booth, glancing around briefly.
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I stalk the night, looking for her
My next victim to take away from here
She will be the prize to my collection
A joy for me to hold and use at my discretion
I belong to the night, stalking it and surveying
taking what I need to suffice my desires
I am the NightStalker

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Greeting sir, as always, you are quite welcomed to stay as long as you desire.
I shall be your server today, so if there is anything I can help you with, food, music, or anything else, do feel free to ask.
Quote from: jena8806 on October 29, 2011, 08:27:18 AM
giggles slightly and blushes at cuddles comment.  "I don't mind not having anyone else here at the moment, though I'm sure you think otherwise for business.  I tend to like the peaceful quiet.  It's soothing."  Gets up from chair and places book in purse.  "There must be a fireplace somewhere."  Takes a sip from hot cocoa. "I can go searching for it to get out of your hair."
You are not a bother, I do assure you dear. If it is quiet you seek, there is still plenty of space in which you can enjoy peace in silence, save of course the natural sounds of this Cafe. I was merely thinking of your comfort.

jena8806

Smiles and shyly waves at the newcomer. 
"I'm glad you do not find me a bother.  That would be the most awkward position, I think."  Takes another sip of hot cocoa.

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Turns on some soft relaxing music for the guests, and then walks over to sit across from Jena to provide company.
"I find that a place as quiet as this is a good place to get away from the stress and the headaches the rest of the world tends to provide. It would be a shame if that was lost. This is a family establishment where one is free to play as long as it doesn't much bother the children, I find that there is plenty of place to play such games at here, and even the noisiest guests tend to not be that troublesome. To be honest, I think there may even be a hint of magic here."

DarkDragonboy

* walks in and looks around* Hello? there any people here to want to talk to me?

DarkWorld0BrightHope

"Greetings young lord, do please come in and take a seat by the fireplace, it will warm you up from all this cold we've been having lately. As you wait for other guests to this establishment, would you like to place an order?"
He greeted as he got up from his chair and placed an arm around the newcomer, showing him all that he could do as he waited.
"Or you could sit anywhere else you like. I assure you, you are most welcome here."

DarkDragonboy

" I will eat only if you join me"

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Gives you a small smile and nods, bowly politely, "I shall indulge you of this good sir. Now then, since we shall be sharing a meal together, what would you like to order? We have many fine things on your menu."

DarkDragonboy

" how about strawberries, Im in the mood for something sweet "

DarkWorld0BrightHope

I made equal servings so we do not need compete for the deliciousness...
Admittedly, I may have made more than needed.