Hogwarts: More Than Magical (Full)

Started by kckolbe, April 18, 2013, 02:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

I have Edgar's impressions up! If anybody has any problems or ideas or what-have-you, feel free to send me a PM about it, and we'll work something out.

For Gustav, since he's brand new, I won't post any impressions for him yet; but I will do ones as time goes along, and he gets to meet and interact with others.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AidenWhite

Ooo, the relationships seem tough. Anyone want to hash out some details with me and see what your character is to Alex and perhaps vice versa?

BTW: I'm fine with whatever is already put up for Alex, so no worries ^^
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

xRebecca

Name: Valerie O'Reilly 
Nationality: Irish
Blood Status: Valerie is the daughter of a pureblood man and a muggle woman, and thus a half-blood. She loves them both equally although her life is greatly influenced by her heritage.
Age: Valerie is a sixteen year-old girl (thought it'd be interesting as I normally only play 18 or older)
Year: 4th
House: I would prefer her to be in Slytherin, but as this isn't my choice, I'll leave it up to you.
Description: Valerie stands about 5 foot 5 inches tall and her body is average for girls her age, having the curves every young woman has. Her hair is honeyblonde and reaches her waist, her eyes are green and surrounded by dark yet refined brows. Although she takes good care of her body in other ways, she bites her nails. She does that out of the great stress leaning upon her shoulders and tries to quit, but fails miserably at every attempt.
Personality: Valerie is a very kind girl, but she can be very snappish when someone offends her in any way. She is a caring person and will do anything it takes to reach her goal. She is very ambitious and doesn't fear getting dirty hands in order to gain what she feels rightfully belongs to her. Valerie can be very apathetic to people she doesn't like and will never doubt to speak her mind about them, either.
Background: Being bullied a lot as a child, Valerie is a reserved young woman and doesn't tell people much about her past and/or heritage. There is much more to her than just that, though, and she will show that to the right people. She's more or less introverted.
Interesting Fact: Valerie enjoys playing muggle platform games such as Super Mario, but hides this from her peers.
Wand: Her wand is standard length, african hardwood. The core consists of dragon blood.
Pet: Valerie has a red striped cat, named Bertie.

Agility 3
Athletics 2
Awareness 3
Cunning 3
Deception 4 (act)
Endurance 2
Fighting 3 (unarmed)
Magic Expertise 3 (charms)
Magic Projection 4 (charms)
Marksmanship 2
Persuasion 3 (seduce)
Reflexes 3 (quickness)
Status 3
Stealth 2
Will 4 (dedication)

Classes:
Majors: Astronomy (1B) and Care of Magical Creatures
Minors: Potions, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy
Others: Herbology,  History of Magic, Devination, Muggle Studies
~Do I want to be with you as the years come and go?
Only forever if you care to know.
Would I grant all your wishes and be proud of the task?
Only forever if someone should ask.

~Even when I'm clumsy, I'll try to make it into something graceful.

Codexa

XD Question!

How do you get a picture to show up? I use photobucket...
and for some reason my brain is just not getting it.

Any one willing to help a gal out? :P

Rogue

I have relationships/first impressions up. Those are bound to change as discussions start. PM me if you wanna hash things out.

Also, I personally use Tinypic. The code below I think is how you insert pics.

[img]enter url here[/img]

JamesSureWould

Cameron isn't a threat?
sure, keep on thinking that >:)

Rogue

*Smiles* Not much written hon. So I went with what I had. Not a threat based on what's there, as she doesn't involve herself in petty squabbles or many athletics.

JamesSureWould

oh its no problem. I'm just messing with you.

Besides, I always leave my character's backstory light. That way, if somebody was a great idea (like "hey, my character are your's are irish. what if they childhood friends") then it's easy to put in.

Rogue

Blinkin

Well, first impressions are up, and bound to change as play begins. Some are simply based on somewhat shallow impressions based on what the sheet offers. If anyone wants to hash out things between Darci and others, I'm happy to work with anyone... who knows, she makes a rather nice shoulder ordiment. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Rogue

Did you put them in the relationships thread? Because I can't see them there...

kckolbe

James, I normally do the same thing with my characters, especially with 3-5 years of potential interaction.

Aiden, these can be intimidating, but once you get going it is cake.  Your character strikes me as a proper type, so how does he feel about the seemingly less cultured or cruder types?  Also, take what others say about your character as something to work off of.  Rogue is right that they will change often.  While not required , I recommend writing them in the character's voice, really helps the other players get a feel for their mannerisms and such.

Rebecca, your character looks good.  For her to be 16, she will had to have skipped a grade early on.  I am okay with this, and it may help explain why she is so overwhelmed with classes now.  With the exception of Charms, Transfiguration, and Defense Against the Dark Arts, she will have trouble in the majority of her classes.  She has 1 point to spend on specialties.  Also, no Qualities or Drawbacks were chosen (which is fine).  Lastly, did you look over the wand information in the Setting Info thread?

Blinkin, not seeing your impressions either.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Rogue

Quote from: kckolbe on April 23, 2013, 03:03:32 PM
James, I normally do the same thing with my characters, especially with 3-5 years of potential interaction.

Which is why I left it blank after the Hogwarts express and vague to primary and secondary school. *grins*

kckolbe

Kdyami, would your character be a muggleborn?  Just noticed.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Don't see it? Ermph... let me go hunt it down, you know these wild post, they get away so easily and a cattle rustler would be hard pressed to catch them again.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Rogue

She is the child of squibs! *laughs* So yes. Two Slytherin muggleborns. *grins*

xRebecca

My character's wand is yielding, though not too flexible. It's not floppy in the slightest but not stiff as board either. I pictured this'd have the nicest feel to it, somehow (I know this might sound very strange). Her specialty is astronomy, I'd say.

kckolbe

Sounds good Rebecca.  Bear in mind that both her wand wood and core are uncommon, but that's not a bad thing.  Go ahead and add the 1b to Astronomy and then she is approved.

And yeah, Slytherin is definitely shaping up differently than expected.  Lucian and Vidya are the only pure bloods.

Intro Thread

xRebecca

Done! Must say though, my character is a halfblood. Not a muggleborn.

kckolbe

So Valerie skipped year 1 at Hogwarts, meaning she has been at the school for 2 years, starting her third, though is classified as 4th year.

Intro Thread

xRebecca

Kdyami

Ok everything should be taken care of now. sorry bout that.
Xavril Robeson

Name: Xavril (Zave-Rill) Robeson
Nationality: American
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Year: 6th
House: Slytherin
Description: At 19 Xavril is a hair over six feet tall, long dark hair, and an athletic build.  He has several tattoos including his clan symbol, warrior band, and the sign of the wolf.  When not in school robes he typically wears comfortable casual clothing that is easy to move in, often with a leather jacket or pull over to hide the scar on the base of his neck. 

Personality: Xavril is his own person.  He believes in accepting who he is as an individual in mind body and spirit.  Because of this he is not afraid t make a fool of himself.  He says what he means and doesn’t accept other people’s drama.  He walks his own path.

Background: Xavril was born for the Panimaha tribe of the Skidi clan, of the Pawnee people. He was raised with tales of spirit guides and working from the time the sun came up until the sun went down when the tribe gathered at the large fires and shared the fruits of everyone’s combined effort in a large family meal.  The Panimaha believe in the saying “it takes a village to raise a child.” As such he had many fathers and many mothers, but his grandmother by blood had been the last witch doctor of the tribe.  She was described as being able to heal any wound, change the shapes of plants and stones, make it rain in a drought; even become the spirit wolf to ward off evil.  Even muggles today scoff at the notion that any of this could be true and write it off as Indian superstition.  Normally they would be right.  But, Xavril’s Grandmother, was a real live wand wielding witch.

Xavril and the other children his age was like any other child outside the reservation.  Children of both sexes have toys and games, the girls inclining to dolls and "playing house," while the boys turn to bows, riding, and marksmanship.  They were all carefully instructed by their elders, not only in household arts and hunting methods, but also in the code of ethics, the traditions, and the religious ideas pertaining to the tribe.  Xavril was formally enrolled into the first degree of the warrior society and given his first tattoo through an initiation ordeal at an early age of 5 years.  At about 12 years of age Xavril made solitary fast and vigil to obtain communication with the spirit guide which was to be his protector through life.  Xavril spent several days alone in the forest before he felt the wolf spirit calling to him.  He performed the tribe’s ritual and fell into a trance.  He awoke feeling no different.  Later that day some of the men from the tribe came to check on Xavril and found a white wolf.  Believing that the wolf had killed Xavril one of the men stabbed the wolf through the neck.  When he did the wolf re-took human form and Xavril lay dying on the ground before the search party. 

They rushed him to Xavril’s grandmother who sent the men away and healed him without much difficulty and told him all about the magical world and a school where he could learn magic. But it was across the ocean in England.  Xavril thought all night about magic and whether it was real and then an owl arrived with an invitation to attend Hogwarts.  Xavril took the invitation and started with the wizarding preschool to learn about the world he was stepping into and then when he turned 14 he started his first year proper.  Since then he has studied hard and done well for himself in the classroom and on the pitch.

Interesting Fact: Xavril has Heterochromia; he has one green eye and blue eye.
Wand: Yew, Boggart Skin, regular
Pet: Horned owl

Agility: 3 (Fly, Acrobatics)
Athletics: 3 (Throw)
Awareness: 3
Cunning: 3
Deception: 2
Endurance: 3 (Fortitude)
Fighting: 3 (Unarmed)
Magic Expertise: 4 (Transfiguration)
Magic Projection: 4 (Transfiguration)
Marksmanship: 3
Persuasion: 3
Reflexes: 3 (Dodge)
Stealth: 3
Will: 3

Classes:
Majors: Arithmancy, Astronomy
Minors: Divination, Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes
Others: Potions, Herbology, Muggle Studies, History of Magic

Qualities:
Unarmed Combat
Advanced Animagus (Athletics and Agility)
Animagus: White Wolf

Drawbacks:
Marked: Scar
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

AidenWhite

Alright, I'll look at everyone and see what my character might think of them.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

kckolbe

Kdyami, Xavril is approved.

Quidditch time!  Here is how I have everything organized so far.  I just need Penelope, Alexander, and Desiree's preferred positions. 

Gryffindor

Chasers: Katrina Ravenshire
Beaters:
Seeker: Stevie Arai
Keeper:

Alexander D'Artagnan VII (any)

Hufflepuff

Chasers: Cameron Joyce
Beaters: John Summerby
Seeker: Petra Vinter
Keeper:

Ravenclaw

Chasers: Darci Donavon
Beaters: Gabriel Brewer
Seeker:
Keeper:

Penelope Blackthorn, Desiree Elvire Gullory (any)

Slytherin

Chasers: Vidya Ayers
Beaters:
Seeker: Xavril Robeson
Keeper:

I am really tying with limiting the size of school Quidditch teams.  Maybe each House team only has 2 Chasers, 1 Beater, 1 Keeper and 1 Seeker?  The pro teams would be larger, still, but that would mean 7 or 8 less NPCs just to fill out the teams.  Does this work with everyone?

Intro Thread

JamesSureWould

oh, Cameron's a chaser? cool.
Has Cameron been doing it long, or would this be his first year?