The Hunger Games interest check

Started by MusicNoteAngel, March 12, 2013, 02:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicNoteAngel

Another user and i are working on getting a Hunger Games RP set up and we would love to know how many people wpuld be interested in doing one. We did see there was another one in the process of being fleshed out but never started so a few pieces have been taken from that.

The age range would be 16-25 instead of the 12-18 allowed in the book/movies.

We would be playing the Gamemakers, which would be deciding at random who would be killing who based on where the characters are as well as triggering traps and twists within the arena.

We were also thinking having one dedicated stylist that could work with all 24 tributes to prepare them for the parade and interviews.

We would also need an interviewer that could also do narration during the games for all of the folks back home watching (narrator thread would also be a great way to keep everyone up to date on whats been going on while they were away so its crutial that a narrator keeps on top of the game fairly regularly).

Of course, we also will need the 24 tributes from the districts. A male and female from one. It would also help if you knew at least some background on what the district is known for to help you with the game.

We were also thinking a group of 5 or so sponsors that are assigned a set amount of money at the beginning of the game. There would be a shop with prices of gifts sponsors could send tributes if they so desired.

We were also thinking of setting this Hunger Games before the ones that took place in the books because of what happens at the end of the third book.

If you are interested, please let me know. Also, please include a few different positions you wouldnt mind playing so we can see where things are at. Also, any ideas or anyone else willing to help out please pm me.

Thanks! And remember, may the odds be ever in your favor. Happy hunger games!
As beautiful as a musical melody...

ChaNeko

"May the odds be ever in your favor."

I'm interested. I'd love to play a tribute from my district. Thank you for making the age range a more comfortable level.

MzHyde

That is a ton of people you are looking for. I'd recommend toning it down to a much smaller number to make it easier to manage and faster to get started. Other character's can be NPC'd.

azzmeister89

If it helps i can play three or two characters: a tribute, a sponcer and if you like the interviewer although just the tribute and sponcer would also be fine.

But anyway i'm interested

Although having it so that you choose when the characters die is a little to much, sure if they get into a certain death situation but write in that they survive then you could tell them "sorry but that would have killed your character" but most people don't want to play a game where they have no control over something like that.

I suggest only having six or eight tribute players and have the rest as Npc's. That way there are plenty of deaths and we can develope a story where perhaps the escape and maybe even possibly escape to area 13. Anyway these are just suggestions you don't need to follow my advice to take it too seriously.

persephone325

Since the OP hasn't been on for a week, I'll just say that I'm the one who is helping out with this RP. Though I'm letting her take the lead since she knows more about THG than I do. But I will second the opinion about having NPC tributes to cut back on having player's characters immediately killed. That would ruin the fun for those who were killed.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kaya

Ghostly

Love this idea. What would you think about 2 'villain' tributes? They could be completely ax-crazy careers. (Also no problem with one or both of them dying horribly). 

persephone325

Quote from: Ghostly on March 27, 2013, 05:05:03 PM
Love this idea. What would you think about 2 'villain' tributes? They could be completely ax-crazy careers. (Also no problem with one or both of them dying horribly). 

Like antagonists? I say go for it! :) Not everyone can be a good guy. lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

TheRaven

I've still got a District 2 Tribute who's never been used from the previous one that never got off the ground. He's not Ax-Crazy, per se. More along the lines of Magnificent Bastard (or Smug Snake, since he'll probably end up dead, but you get the idea.)
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Ghostly

They'd be pretty unhinged, but good at hiding it. I also like the idea of the two of them using the time they spend training to covertly size up the other tributes.

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Prosak

Ah! How did I not notice?! Count me in as a district 4 tribute. ;)  The male one.

ChaNeko

persephone325

Well it's been over a month, and Angel hasn't been on. I really can't do this by myself, but I would love to run it for you guys. If anyone wants to help me, but at the expense of being an NPC or possible non-tribute character, I would really appreciate it. I'm sorry you all have been waiting so long, but I wanted to give Angel some time to see if she would get back on. That hasn't really worked out.
I don't know.

Ember Star

MxHyde is right. You're after too many players. I'd cut the "playable" tributes in half and either NPC the others or have people take in two with the understanding that one is gonna get killed right off yhr bat (remember, nearly half always get killed when it first starts and they're after the supplies).

The none tributes characters are gonna be tricky to fill. Though I think it's possible. I'd also cut the district narratives out unless players want to do that themselves. That's a bit too much. Reducing it down to one stylist is an interesting idea. Though I'm not sure it sticks, it certainly works for cutting down character load.

reduce your workload for GMimg. It's a big job, especially for a game if this size.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

persephone325

Anyone who has expressed interest, we're trying this again. Lurking and I are going to be running a game together. I highly doubt either of us will disappear or become banned any time soon. So once we have the thread up, feel free to join in!

EDIT: Here's the link!
I don't know.