Dragon Hunters

Started by Crowe, November 04, 2011, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowe

Eira

Eira shifted and opened her eyes as the two entered the room. "Cirnelle..." She said as she stretched. "What did you find?" She sat straight up and fixed her hair behind her ears and then to one side of her neck before turning her full attention to the elf.

Claira was still sleeping, clinging to her teddy bear.

MiaKage

Walking over to Eira standing before her she whipped out the papers with the notes scribbled onto them. "I found where that one eyed man was staying, and I 'confiscated' some notes of his." She handed the note to her, then finding herself a spot to sit and relax a little, removing her armor and using it as a makeshift cushion.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Crowe

Eira

Eira looked at the notes and read them. "It looks like the mage was desperate to get his daughter back if he was willing to pay these smugglers." She passed them on to Goraidh. "It looks like we have our meeting place. This elf, Taven, must be a servant of Claira's father. The exchange is taking place behind this Black Rune Inn."

She knew they had to be careful. Usually, these things have a nasty habbit of turning sour when things don't go according to plan. Taven might bring more men with him in an attempt to ambush them. They had to prepare and make sure to talk to Taven first before handing over the girl.

FazzEagle

"Black Rune Inn, huh...?" He looked over the paper before casting a glance to the sleeping girl. "Are you sure things will go down easy? We just killed the Mages they hired - they're obviously going to be asking questions about them if not the Drakes they requested. We could ask the girl though if she knows this elf named Taven first. Well... once she wakes up, that is." He pushes the paper back to Cirnelle before heading towards the door. "I'm assuming the elf will want to stay here as well, and I for one am not fond of crowded places like this. I will be outside if you need me."

Crowe

Eira

Eira cast a glance at the girl before responding. "I'll talk to her once she wakes up." Then she returned her gaze to Goraidh. "We'll deal with the elf one way or another. I doubt he'll want to incur the wrath of his master by failing to deliver his daughter. He must know what they wanted with the Drakes, at least. We'll propose a trade; information for the girl, and see what happens."

As Goraidh left the room, she returned to her position on the floor and tried to get some sleep.

~

The next morning, the Templars were indeed asking a lot of questions to everyone in sight. The rumors of a battle going on, with mages to boot, had reached them. While some stayed with the Mother, others were questioning the passengers. Luckily for the party, they had already arrived in Jader.

Music could be heard and balloons could be seen floating up into the sky from the city. Apparently, there was a festival of some sort taking place. Many people lined up near the harbor to welcome the arrivals.

~

Eira woke up to find that Claira was out of her bed. She got up as fast as she could, though her body ached from sleeping on the floor. She saw a light coming from the washroom and quickly opened the door to find Claira playing with a wisp. It was a Spell Wisp, dancing in the air around the girl. Claira seemed delighted and was giggling while trying to catch it.

Shocked, Eira took a few quick stomps and grabbed the girl's hand firmly. "Stop that! Don't ever do that!" She harshly shouted without tact. Claira lost concentration as she jumped in surprise and the spell wisp disappeared. "Are you trying to call the Templars?!" Eira said, still furious.

Claira just looked at her in fear before yanking her hand away and running back into the room on the verge of tears. Eira realized she had mistreated her and let out a remorseful sigh. She slowly went back into the room, where Claira was sitting in the bed, silent, and once again gripping her teddy bear. "I...I'm sorry." Was all she could say.

FazzEagle

A knock would soon be heard on the door, and Goraidh would return. "Looks like all of you are awake..." he said, "Good; looks like we've made it. The Templars are asking around so we'd best not do anything to attract attention. Though... seems like we just made it for the festival---" Noticing the sad expression on Clara's face, he raised a brow at Eira. "Did I... interrupt something? Anyways, it's time we get off this ship. Let me just put my armor on."

He walked towards his equipment before looking at the girl and then back to Eira again. "Have you fed her yet?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira's attention was taken by Goraidh as he walked into the room. She listened to what he said silently and simply nodded. When he asked about Claira, she looked at the girl and then averted her gaze. Claira, in turn, only looked down, but her eyes seemed to light up just for a second at the mension of the festival.

Eira passed Raid and crouched near her bag. She combed her hair and put it back into a ponytail. "Nothing yet. I thought we'd get some food in town." She responded to his question while putting on her boots, weapons and armor. She didn't look his way, and she didn't know if Cirnelle had been awake to hear what happened.

For now, their priority was to get off the ship and away from the Templars.

FazzEagle

Goraidh took notice of how Eira was trying to avoid looking at either him or the girl, but made no mention about it for now thinking it was none of his concern.

"Exactly what I was thinking," Raid said in response to the food, "Finally we'll get something actually decent to eat around here."

Once he was done, the swordsman buckled his weapon on his side and then turned to look at Claira. "It'll be crowded out there so don't wander off on your own, you hear?"

MiaKage

Cirnelle started to stir at the mention of a festival going on, she was groggy however, mornings and her never agreed. She stood and stretched then began to start packing her bag. "So have we docked yet?" Trying to be as clear as possible, although her words mumbled as she fought to wake. "Where we eating?" She gave a yawn, clearly ignorant to the events going on, almost forgetting about what had happened the day before.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Crowe

Eira

Claira nodded to Goraidh's question and sat on the edge of the bed. She took his hand and stepped out of the bed, still holding his hand and grabbing the teddy bear with the other.

Eira looked at Cirnelle as she picked up her bag. "We'll find something to eat at the festival. Right now we need to move on." She opened the door and walked out after a quick glance back. As they moved through the crowd of people, Eira tries to avoid the gaze of the Templars. Thankfully for them, there are so many people in line that the Templars are having a hard time filtering them.

At the gate, they present their fake IDs and move on through. Claira, in turn, tugs on Goraidh's arm and points to the puppet show. "Look! A puppet show!" Her eyes glow with excitement.

FazzEagle

Apparently the little girl refused to let go of his hand no matter what, but Goraidh did nothing to set her aside for now - it was still better than having her run off on her own. The sights and sounds of the festival soon came into their senses, the colors and music being good changes of pace compared to the dark and gloomy atmosphere the ship had to offer them throughout the whole journey. Of course - true to his personality - Goraidh was the least enthusiastic over the whole situation; they annoyed him more than it entertained him. He cursed under his breath about everything being a 'commoner's taste', but before he could finish, the tug on his arm made him turn his attention to Claira, and then towards the Puppet Show.

"Right... a Puppet Show," he said in a plain tone, "... interesting." Then, he sighed and looked back at his comrades. "You two find a room in the inn first; we'll... meet you up later." Just like that, the swordsman walked closer towards the Puppet Show, bringing the girl with him. "As soon as we're done, we're heading off to find something to eat, understand?"

MiaKage

"Aww, I think she likes him." Cirnelle turned to Eira as Raid and the little girl wondered off to the puppet show. "But do we really need to find a room now?! It's a festival! we should be checking out the stalls! the plays! and the food!" She grinned as she pulled up a small pouch of coin that she had 'found' "I'm buying." She looked back at Goraidh being dragged to the puppets by the little girl and chuckled, "We should pick up something sweet for the little one at least."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Pulling her hood up, Eira took a look at the crowd. "Heh, it's definitely Orlais. Only they could be having a festival while their neighboring country is in the brink of a Blight." She said to no one in particular.

Eira looked at Goraidh and the girl. She couldn't help but smile a little bit when Cirnelle made a comment about them. She stopped walking to take a look around them as Raid and Claira walked away. Cirnelle seemed just as excited as the girl. "Tell you what, go find a nice place for us to eat and we'll meet up within the hour at that Aveline statue over there." She said, pointing towards the statue of the female knight that was surrounded by flowers and a steel fence. She didn't even ask where the elf got the coin. After all, right now they couldn't afford to be picky, especially with the Templars still about.

"I'll go find us lodging for the moment. Maybe I'll try to find that Black Rune Inn that the note mentions." With that, she gave Cirnelle a slight pat on the shoulder and walked away.

~

Claira excitedly tried to take a peek at the puppet show, but there were many people in the crowd. Next to them, a father had his boy on his shoulders. Claira looked up at Goraidh but she couldn't bring herself to ask him to do the same.

Eira walked towards the Black Rune Inn after she spotted it down the streets. The festivities had almost all buildings covered in flowers and flags, with confetti carpeting the stone streets. She entered the building and walked up to the counter. To further confuse anyone that might be following them, be it Templar or not, she signed them in as a family of three; Claira being Raid and Eira's daughter and their elf servant, Cirnelle. It seemed to be the most convenient and believable lie at the moment, and it also made them seem less threatening.

FazzEagle

Goraidh had no choice but to watch the Puppet Show along with Claira, but as expected, it didn't entertain him as much as it did for the children.

"This is why I'm not good with children... hm?" Noticing Claira looking up at him, he raised a brow. "... what? Is there something on me?"

Crowe

Eira

Claira shook her head. "I can't see..." She said, as she stood on the tip of her toes, trying to look over one woman's shoulder but couldn't.

Meanwhile, Eira was trying to get some information out of the woman in the front desk. "So you haven't seen an elf aroud here?"

"Not one that wasn't already in the company of their masters." the woman replied. "Are you expecting something?"

"No, but if an elf comes asking for anyone, just tell him that his 'package' will be delivered just as promised." She said, hoping to set a lure for Taven when he came to make the exchange later that night.

FazzEagle

"Maybe we should have come here later when there's less people?" Goraidh suggested, but in the end, he groaned before kneeling down. "... alright, alright. Here, ride on my shoulders for now. I'm pretty tall so you'll get a good view that way. Just don't move around too much or I'll probably drop you." Of course, secretly, this was embarrassing to him - the son of a noble, doing simple favors being a standing platform for a child? "Well? Come on, or the Puppet Show's going to end."

Crowe

Claira beamed a bright smile and quickly jumped up on his shoulders. She held on to his face with both hands and giggled. She remembered when her father would let her do it while her mother worried about her safety. But she didn't want to think too much about her mother, and her fate. For now, she just smiled as only a child knows how, and enjoyed the show.

MiaKage

Cirnelle nodded and made her way into the crowd, easily distracted by the entertainment going on at various locations throughout the festival. Figuring this would probably be the only time to enjoy herself for a while, she wanted to make the most of her time here. As she made her way through the food stalls she began to indulge her sweet tooth with candied apples and small tarts. She of course 'borrowed' a few to give to the little one when her coin she had found started to run low. It wasn't long, however, that she started to notice people keeping an eye on her. Maybe she was going a little overboard, and decided to head to the statue to meet Eira before everyone decided to call the guard on her.
On/Off

FazzEagle

Goraidh would wait - or better yet - 'endure' the whole situation until the Puppet Show would come to an end.

"Finally..." he groaned, "I cannot handle so many nonsense at once. Why in the Maker would that other Puppet keeping hitting the other Puppet with a club? ... was there a joke in there I didn't understand...? Well... either way, the show's done so let's go find the others." He looked up at her. "Let's have you stay this way for now - perhaps that girl or the elf could find us easier this way through this bloody crowd. Just hang on... just... don't pull on my hair too hard."

The swordsman made his way through the crowd, while giving Claira a good view from 6 feet above.

Crowe

Eira

"Okay, Gora." Claira responded, holding on to his face and hair. "I'll find them." She said, looking over the crowd for the others. She liked being so high up. "There!" She pointed to the statue in the middle of the plaza.

Eira was already at the statue of Aveline, sitting on the fence while trying not to stand out too much. As she watched the crowd, she could swear she saw someone familiar. "Kareth..?" She stood up and started walking towards him. Almost like in a trance, she reached out, ignoring everyone else around her. "Kareth!" She grabbed his shoulder to turn him around. When the elf turned around, it was someone else, a stranger. He gave her the odd look while she returned to her senses. Without another word, she turned and walked away, almost bumping into Cirnelle. "Oh...hey. Did you find a good place to eat?" she asked her elven companion.

FazzEagle

"Good," Goraidh said, "The sooner we get this done, the... Did you just call me 'Gora'...? Don't ever address me in such a manner again - it's either 'Sir Goraidh' or 'Sir Raidh'! 'Gora'... sounds like something I'd named a baby ogre... An ugly one too." When the girl pointed towards the direction of the statue, Raid spotted the rouge as well - though he can't exactly hear who she's calling out due to the music around them. As soon as they walked closer, the familiar elf soon showed herself too. "Oh, good; you're both here - saved me the time looking for you both. Alright, time to get down, you." He knelt down, giving Claira the chance to finally hop off of him. "Did you manage to find a place for us to rest for the night?"

MiaKage

She gave a nervous chuckle at the question, "Uh...no, nothing that appetizing in that area," She scratched at the bag of her head as she spoke, "I did pick up some sweets to share though! She swung her pack down and pulled out a candied apple, handing it to Claira, "Here you go little one! did you have fun with the big scary man?" She ruffled her hair as she spoke to her.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Claira giggled and then thought about it. "Sir?...Oh! Are you a real knight?" She asked, leaning forward to see his face, her hair hanging down as she did so. She carefully jumped down afterwards. She quickly took the apple from Cirnelle and shook her head energetically. "He's not scary at all." She said, grabbing his hand.

Eira looked at them, a bit of surprise at how he was carrying the girl. It almost made her smile at the sight. Big, serious Goraidh being sweet and kind to the little girl. "We'll stay at the Black Rune Inn for the night. They have food there as well, so its alright." She replied.

FazzEagle

"Even a child apparently has more sense than you, elf," Goraidh said, standing up once again, "Perhaps -you- might stand to learn from her a little." Hearing the name of the Black Rune Inn, however, he turned his eyes sharply towards Eira, knowing what that could mean. "I see. Well, so be it then." He patted the little girl once on the head before walking away. "Come on, let's go find the inn and get something to eat. That Puppet Show made me hungry for some reason."

MiaKage

Cirnelle chuckled, "Thats so cute!" She couldn't  help find the situation with claira and Goraidh adorable.
On/Off