World of Warcraft -Recruitment thread-

Started by LamentingQuill, October 18, 2017, 11:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Mildly A/U

-Taking place during the Legion expansion-

This game will be a little bit more sandboxy and very open world rather than heavily guided, though I will take a tighter grip on the reins for things like big events and such. You'll know like at the very least a week ahead before an event takes place and I'll normally keep events active awhile to give folks time to participate what with busy lives and work schedules, etc, etc.

It will be a lot like an rp server... you know, without the non-stop dueling and naked dancing toons... *shudders*

The Rules:

1. Respect the GMs. LamentingQuill and Dashenka be the bosses, please respect us and what we have to say regarding whatever game issues come up. We will have zero issues between us personally so long as you do this.

2. No meta-gaming. Do not try and say that your character actually knows something that would be considered classified or hush-hush information without clearing it with me first and having good reason to back it up for how and why your character would have said otherwise impossible to obtain information.

3. No God-modding. Do not try to control the actions of another character without clear permission from the character's player to do so. If accusations are brought before me and you cannot provide me with proof that you were given permission to do this. I will be forced to ask you to leave the game and free your spot for someone else. This may seem extreme, but I have no time for nonsense.

4. We are Anti-Harassment. Please, don't be that douche... respect the players and respect their characters, alright? I won't play around if I find out about harassment going on in my game. If it is severe enough harassment, I will report it directly to staff. So please, play nice.

5. Character count- Only two character's per player, please.

{More to come as needed}

Canon character's and their offspring: Some canons are allowed, OC offspring of canons are much more doable though. This is first come, first serve... 

For example: if someone that was here first has an OC offspring of a canon character (Like Malfurian and/or Tyrande, for example) and you wish to play either Malfurian or Tyrande, you will have to work with the person owning the OC offspring. This works the other way around too, as in if a Malfurian is already in play, you need permission from that writer to play Malfurian's offspring and get your character facts straight with each other to fit together.

Once a canon is claimed as an OC character's parent, they are off the table for other's as parents, unless of course someone is willing to work with you and allow you to be a younger or older sibling.

That being said, do not let the examples confuse you, a good many of the canons are not going to be allowed for the fear of them being too legendary and/or powerful. Many of the canons will be npc'd by myself or Dashenka when their presence becomes necessary.

We will be allowing the younger generation though like Anduin, Wrathion, an adult Li Li Stormstout and people like that, ask us if you are unsure about a specific canon or if it qualifies in this.

Fair is fair, do not complain. You want something, do not wait around and then whine at me when someone else snatches it up, speak up.

Canons already claimed as parents of OC offspring:

Kael'Thas Sunstrider

Jaina Proudmoore

Arthas Menethil

Summary:

Azeroth needs heroes!

Heroes like you!

Demons have been popping up all over Azeroth like grotesque daisies, it is up to the noble heroes of Azeroth to journey and begin the extermination, both on the home front and on the Broken Isles!

You can even accept custom quests from the quest board posted by civilians or even by other heroes requiring assistance!

Along the way, there will be diplomacy, scandals, love, passion, danger, adventure and so much more, are you bold and brave enough?

Character sheet:

Please remove text in { }

Name:

Race:

Class and Spec:

Faction: {Neutral factions such as Cenarian Circle and such are acceptable as well, we understand character may reject the 'race war' Azeroth has been caught up in for so long. You can be simply neutral if your character lives in a neutral territory and doesn't participate in the 'faction' thing at all for whatever reasons they may have.}

Appearance: {Picture preferred, but detailed description will work just fine as well. I have a vast wow picture collection, please come to me {LamentingQuill} if you need help}

Personality:

Sexual orientation:

Background: {Can be brief, just make sure to include the important stuff to help us get to know your character}

Dislikes:

O/O's: {Please link your ons and offs here, thank you}

Please do not be shy about asking questions, I want to assist any way I can and your questions could very well help to shape this group even more for the better.

Thread Navigation:

Approved Characters

OOC

Cataclysmic Archangel

Color me vaguely curious.  Hypothetically, and without giving away too much, what about hidden agendas?  Wolves in sheep's clothing, or twilight infiltrators, or... um... well, you get the idea, I guess.

in other words, can we play evil and just NOT tell anyone (fake character sheet, just discussed with the GM) to act in our own interests?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 19, 2017, 09:13:09 AM
Color me vaguely curious.  Hypothetically, and without giving away too much, what about hidden agendas?  Wolves in sheep's clothing, or twilight infiltrators, or... um... well, you get the idea, I guess.

in other words, can we play evil and just NOT tell anyone (fake character sheet, just discussed with the GM) to act in our own interests?

It happened in game, so within reason, I don't see why not. I'll be slightly restrictive on how many I allow to do this though, so we don't have villains running amok in total chaos, you know? lol.

Dashenka

If you do this, will you still be open for the bigger picture and adapt to curveballs either the GM or the other players throw you?

There is a big risk of you playing your game and the rest playing theirs, because they don't know what you are up to and vice versa. The idea of a hidden agenda is very nice and tempting but very difficult to play out in a roleplay with others as you constantly have to react to others.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Isn't that half the fun? :)

I do not have to do this.  It was simply the first idea that came to mind.  I also have 'normal' ideas going.

hell, just the fact that I mentioned it aloud means everyone would now assume from me something off, so....

Dashenka

I'm not saying you shouldn't. Was just pointing out the potential hazards :D

LamentingQuill

Whatever you like to do, dear. I did warn folks about meta-gaming, so if you want a villain, go for it.

Cataclysmic Archangel

LamentingQuill

I will likely place up an Approved Character Thread after we have at least five characters submitted and approved.

keyotess

I have only played WoW a couple of times, how necessary is WoW knowledge, especially of classes?
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

LamentingQuill

Quote from: keyotess on October 22, 2017, 01:14:09 AM
I have only played WoW a couple of times, how necessary is WoW knowledge, especially of classes?

Eh... I'd prefer you know what you're talking about :/

BlackStone

Name: Exteus Heartspear

Race: Blood Elf

Class and Spec: Retribution Paladin

Faction: Blood Elf only, not neutral in all other regards.

Appearance: Exteus stands taller and muscular when compared to most of his race, but it is really the only thing which sets him apart from other males of his kind.  He stands six feet two inches tall with a wing span if he held out his arms passing seven feet.  He has muscle to his frame which at times has him mistaken for human from a distance.  One look at his shoulder length blood red hair and his eyes, dusky silver surrounded by a ruby red glow puts people straight.  His armor is the same style and colors of the rest of the Blood Knights, gold and crimson.  His favored weapon is one of the artifact weapons of his people, Sin'Dori, and is a great sword near six feet in length.

Personality: Typical of many Blood Elves, with burning righteous fury towards anything undead, be it Forsaken or the Scourge, and their architects of all which caused the plight of his people, the Burning Legion.  Other races other than Blood Elf he gives a grudging tolerance but if pressed he could find fault in near any race save the Tauren with whom other than being allies of the Horde, they played no role in the tragedy of his race.

Sexual orientation: Bi-curious but prefers females

Background:  Exteus is the natural son of Andrissa Heartspear, former Knight of the Silverhand and now Blood Knight dedicated to the cause of the Shattered Sun.  Of his father, Andrissa does not say anything, for while it was not exactly forbidden, laying with a paladin and impregnating her.  It did cause Andrissa to be cast out of the Knights and disowned by her family, a time she does not speak about.  She taught Exteus the only way she knew, and raised him to follow in her footsteps, to further her legacy as a Knight.   Despite the circumstances of his birth, Exteus passed the trials and became a Knight Protectorate in the Silverhand.

Then came the Scourge.

Desperate to protect Quel'Thalas, no help was turned aside, especially when Andrissa proved the Light cared not if she had a child, she was still every bit the paladin she was before she gave birth to Exteus.  Thus mother and son fight side by side against the advance of the Scourge, partaking in every major battle against them.  They were both deeply wounded in the battle for Silvermoon and the Sunwell, and despite their objections, were removed from the battle, and thus were not there when the Scourge finally sacked Silvermoon, and became exiles with the rest of the High Elves.

Such did not last as they joined the rest of their race to fight, and were renamed Blood Knights as a reminder of their purpose, their goal, and what they had lost.  Once more Exteus was in every major conflict, ad viewed drawing his powers from the captured Naaru as necessary to reclaim was was lost of Quel'Thalas.  His fury was unmatched upon the battlefield as he abandoned his calling to defend and embraced righteous retribution his enemies now deserved.  As such he had decimated his enemies, the Scourge and demons alike unable to stand against him in battle.

Exteus resides in Silvermoon where he continues the fight for his people.  He is fiercely loyal to them, and he is tolerable of his Dranei allies and bears no animosity towards the Tauren, but all other races, especially the Forsaken, he bares no love for, and will only ally or work with them under extreme circumstances or can be convinced doing so is for the betterment of his people and be a blow to the Scourge and the Legion.  It is said some of the top commanders in each faction know of Exteus, know his name, and have him marked, to either be turned like his Prince was to serve the Legion, or to be killed and raised to become a Deathknight in eternal service to the Scourge.

Dislikes: Same as Player

BlackStone

BTW, damned effing difficult to find a male blood elf picture out there not a screen capture.   But if you want to be a Blood Elf female, you are in luck, smutty pictures galore!

*grumbles*

Cataclysmic Archangel

I would just like to take this opportunity to say how much I dislike the 7000 paladins all running around with Ashbringer right now.  I mog every artifact, ebcause reasons.

That said, need to work on my character sheet today.

BlackStone

Its why I did not pick Ashbringer as his weapon to be honest and hunted for something else, and the sword was a quest reward for the Argent Dawn so I thought it fit well

Cataclysmic Archangel

Really?  The image in that screen shot looked like one of the alternate Ashbringer skins.  Huh.  I'll need to look that one up.  I actually saw someone yesterday in the BT timewalk who was playing Fury, and had mog'd both of his swords to the OLD corrupted ahsbringer.

BlackStone

Again lack of decent pictures for male blood elves so yes any paladin with a two handed sword will have ashbringer in the picture, but it is not the weapon he will be using in the game

Dashenka

I agree... the paladin class hall is all yellow shiny armour as well.

I guess of all the class halls I like rogues and druids best. They also have the best weapons I feel.

BlackStone

There are lots of great pictures of Blood Elf female knight with all sorts of cool weapons.  My issue is I really play crap females and they come off as nymphomaniac sluts, or stone cold man haters and very shallow and two dimensional.  A flaw I know.  There were a few pictures of male blood elves with war hammers and two handed maces but they had blonde hair and did not fit what I was going for.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Dashenka on October 22, 2017, 06:11:36 AM
I agree... the paladin class hall is all yellow shiny armour as well.

I guess of all the class halls I like rogues and druids best. They also have the best weapons I feel.

My Paladin main is dressed all shiny in Judgement, though I swapped out a few pieces.  His sword is a Dazzling Longsword, his shield is the royal crest of Lorderon, and his belt is from the Order Hall... a very 'crossed swords' motif.

I always get lost in the Druid hall.  Paladins are easy, just a single long hallway.

I just finished getting my elemental shaman very high, and got really upset from the fist/shield combo... terrible transmog options.

Dashenka

How can you get lost in the Druids class hall? You can fly in it :D

Cataclysmic Archangel

stupid answer?  Paladin is my main.  It's a BUILDING.  indoors.  So I never tried flying.

Dashenka

Haha I know. Which is why I love being a Druid. You can fly basically everywhere and our class hall is outside so you can fly :D

Cataclysmic Archangel

When Cataclysm came out, and Worgen became a thing, I immediately made a Worgen druid and went to town.  Flying everywhere.  Whee!  I especially loved Warlords, because I LOVED the Claws of Shivallamadingdong or whatever it was called, because I got catman form.  When the artifacts came out and Ferals instead got cats wearing gloves, the novelty wore off quickly.

I've always been a Paladin at heart anyway.