Shindo Supremacy--planning for Kingdom Supremacy has begun

Started by Jezabelle, September 05, 2017, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zahard

Well, if anyone laughs at you, you just charge them more for the road toll.

Bedroom Lazarus

Character creation:

Name: Itakura Tametane
Sexuality (IC): Bisexual (The player however will only do scenes in a heterosexual setting, malexmale would be more fade to black)
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): For anything that goes into actual intercourse Heterosexual.  Homosexual is something I could see happening in the story, just nothing I find erotic to write intimately.
Physical Description: Itakura was a man of striking countenance, His hair flowed like a starless night to finish just beyond the blades of his shoulders.  His nose could be called sharp and his smile was one that showed teeth to any who'd have the fortune of seeing it. But it was his eyes that caught attention, the fire that burned in them hungered and devoured any who looked into the near black pools that made one question his sanity.  He was fond of wearing his dark grey Kunate, the Kabuto forged to look like a wicked Oni from locale folklore.   He stood just under six feet tall and carried a neatly trimmed beard that moved from lip to chin without ever touching his cheeks. 
Personal History:  A bandit clan leader in service of the Oshiro Clan Daimyo Midori Oshiro, Itakura is the thirsty blade to his mistresses' cool grace.  He is more mercenary than true samurai retainer, his disreputable deeds a mask for which the self styled Princess can enforce her rule without having to stain the silk of her gown in the process to do so.   Born to a Samurai household Itakura chafed greatly under his fathers guidance, his urge to be his own person free of the stifling class obligations that came with service leading him into becoming a rogue who found his place on the battlefield, using cunning as well as he uses his blade.  It has been only by the discretion of princess Oshiro that he has yet to lose his head for the liberties he has taken with captives and locals both.

Culture:Tea Etiquette, a ceremony practiced throughout adolescence that hones their sense of propriety, +1 to rolls made to request rituals.
Ethnicity: Shindo

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Etiquette:
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

Inventory:  Blooded Katana [Tapped 0/2]
Passion is something no man can resist eternally.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 
Open to ideas and messages

The Sins that Beckon Me

Zahard

Yessssss.

I'm so excited!

Vonandi

Liking him quite a bit; It's a shame his allegiances lie with with clan Oshiro, the Aka ka would of welcomed him with open arms.

Bedroom Lazarus

One thing I"m going to recommend Jezz is when you have a chance can you add a Played by: X   to the top of the character descriptors you have up.  It just makes things a lot easier for me.  I'm old and fading towards senility.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 

The Sins that Beckon Me

Faeli

So!  I just noticed that Nanami has been put in the bandit subgroup in the first post and... I'm not entirely sure how that even works... lol

Haaaaalp!  I have a crazy polite girl in my drunken farmer camp!

Bedroom Lazarus

Where you see innocence, I see sacrificial Miko.   Its all about perspective.  You can still be captured and subdued unless she politeness's someone to death.

The Sins that Beckon Me

Jezabelle

Managing Post 2 has been terrible so I realized that rather than wasting time fucking with that edit, I'mma just replace the list with links straight to your character.  So if it hasn't already been please post your character in this thread.

Quote from: Faeli on September 15, 2017, 06:16:40 PM
So!  I just noticed that Nanami has been put in the bandit subgroup in the first post and... I'm not entirely sure how that even works... lol

Haaaaalp!  I have a crazy polite girl in my drunken farmer camp!

Yeah that was one of the fuck-ups I realized I made that highlighted the folly b\c it was way harder to fix than it should've been.  I'd forgotten how hard it is to fiddle w/ large posts.

Quote from: Bedroom Lazarus on September 15, 2017, 06:11:05 PM
One thing I"m going to recommend Jezz is when you have a chance can you add a Played by: X   to the top of the character descriptors you have up.  It just makes things a lot easier for me.  I'm old and fading towards senility.

Probably a good idea, although also the links will take you to the player's post so that can clear some things up.

Quote from: Vonandi on September 15, 2017, 04:10:29 PM
Liking him quite a bit; It's a shame his allegiances lie with with clan Oshiro, the Aka ka would of welcomed him with open arms.

Always time for swapping allegiances\betrayals\etc, especially once a Clan's been cleared off the board.

Speaking of which we need at least one Yunar Exile.  I abhor DMPCs in these sorts of games or I'd play the faction myself, it just always ends poorly.

We need a way to evangelize the game, if anyone's got ideas feel free to share.

Zahard

Not really sure... signatures, word of mouth, and this interest check thread.

Have you thought any more about balancing for fewwe characters? Attrition will happen as we go anyway, so even if we end up with more characters we may end up shorthanded a month or two from now.

AnnieSatin

Hi all, I'm currently working on creating a character. Her name is Emiko and she is Midori's sister as well as a friend of Kiyoshi. I'm excited to start the game ! :-)

NovembersRime

Hoddamn, seems there's still time. PMing Jeza for info.

Actually no, I think I figured it out. Putting together the sheet now.

APPLYING FOR HACHISU

Sexuality (IC): Bi
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Anything in the limits on O/O and the setting goes, including non-con (prepare for a fight though :) )
Physical Description: Tsukiko is 5 foot 2 (158 centimetres) with an athletic build. She carries a well kempt semi-long hair (reaches lower neck). She has rare blue eyes with a constantly calm and focused gaze about them. Wears a black and blue casual kimono for formal occasions, and a black haori for casual times as well as most times training with her katana. Her battlegear is also quite standard and practical, samurai-styled armour also in clan colours, in open field and an ordinary ninja-garb when there is need for stealth and swiftness.
Personal History: Born to a traditional father, who was a high-ranking officer of the Hachisu armies, who eventually became general. Being the conservative he was, he feared that his only child that happened to become a daughter would not become a good warrior herself to carry on the family tradition. His fears and prejudices were proven unnecessary, as Tsukiko proved an intelligent and fast-learning child at very early on.

Having grown up, she was already of a notable rank for her years and serving loyally under her father. The man however does not seem to live to that glorious death in battle, as he has fallen deathly ill. The upper branch of military is split on those who would want to see one of the older more experienced officers to take up the general's spot, while some being firm believers in the strength of bloodline would have Tsukiko on the title. Either way the desicion falls to the leader of the clan, and whatever the result, Tsukiko has the urgency to prove herself for real.

Culture: Tea Etiquette. +1 to rolls to request rituals

Etiquette: ⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐

Inventory:  Lucky Beads [Tapped 0/2]

( please let me know if I messed up anything :) )

AnnieSatin

Name: Emiko Oshiro
Sexuality (IC): Heterosexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Strictly hetero, noncon permissible
Physical Description: Her father nicknamed her “ Dorin “ because of how much she looked like a little porcelain doll when she was born. With large brown eyes that captured flecks of emerald green, pale white skin and full pink lips her beauty captured many rumors when she was a guest of the Emperor in his palace. Standing only 5’3 she is found mostly in softer pastel kimonos and favors cherry blossoms.
Personal History: The youngest of two daughters of Arkase and Hoshi Oshiro. Her older sister was born and bred to be the heir of their clan. She was taught the things she needed to know to run things. Emiko was raised to be wed. Her father knew she would be worth more than a year of rice if he could marry her off to another clan for an alliance. As she grew she was trained how to be a good wife. How to sew and sing and perfect the tea ceremony. She learned how to run a household and how to please a man. Tho her father was strict to keep her pure. When she turned 18 she was sent the Emperor’s court with orders to catch the eye of Ikina Morimoto the trusted advisor to the Emperor. Tho he was nearly forty and she barely 18 Arkase knew that this match would mean more for the clan than any war could bring them. Luck was not on the young Emiko’s side tho and before the arrangement for a marriage could be secured Ikina was found dead , poisoned by someone. Emiko was sent home to wait for her Father’s next plans.

Culture: Shindo (tea ceremony)
Ethnicity: Shindo (which of the three groups are you descended from?  Individuals of diverse parentage are not rare, but rarely reach the halls of power)

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Etiquette: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bureaucracy: ⭐
Warfare:
Growth Stars:  ⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your . Clan has the right building)

Inventory:   A necklace with a sapphire inside.

Jezabelle

Quote from: DiktatrSquid on September 17, 2017, 12:46:27 PM
Hoddamn, seems there's still time. PMing Jeza for info.

Actually no, I think I figured it out. Putting together the sheet now.

APPLYING FOR HACHISU

Sexuality (IC): Bi
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Anything in the limits on O/O and the setting goes, including non-con (prepare for a fight though :) )
Physical Description: Tsukiko is 5 foot 2 (158 centimetres) with an athletic build. She carries a well kempt semi-long hair (reaches lower neck). She has rare blue eyes with a constantly calm and focused gaze about them. Wears a black and white casual kimono for formal occasions, and a black haori for casual times as well as most times training with her katana. Her battlegear is also quite standard and practical, samurai-styled armour in open field and an ordinary ninja-garb when there is need for stealth and swiftness.
Personal History: Born to a traditional father, who was a high-ranking officer of the Hachisu armies, who eventually became general. Being the conservative he was, he feared that his only child that happened to become a daughter would not become a good warrior herself to carry on the family tradition. His fears and prejudices were proven unnecessary, as Tsukiko proved an intelligent and fast-learning child at very early on.

Having grown up, she was already of a notable rank for her years and serving loyally under her father. The man however does not seem to live to that glorious death in battle, as he has fallen deathly ill. The upper branch of military is split on those who would want to see one of the older more experienced officers to take up the general's spot, while some being firm believers in the strength of bloodline would have Tsukiko on the title. Either way the desicion falls to the leader of the clan, and whatever the result, Tsukiko has the urgency to prove herself for real.

Culture: Tea Etiquette. +1 to rolls to request rituals

Etiquette: ⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐

Inventory:  Lucky Beads [Tapped 0/2]

( please let me know if I messed up anything :) )

Lookin' good, the character is approved, up to Clan Hachisu's leader if they want you or not but your odds are good.

Quote from: AnnieSatin on September 17, 2017, 02:16:29 PM
Name: Emiko Oshiro
Sexuality (IC): Heterosexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Strictly hetero, noncon permissible
Physical Description: Her father nicknamed her “ Dorin “ because of how much she looked like a little porcelain doll when she was born. With large brown eyes that captured flecks of emerald green, pale white skin and full pink lips her beauty captured many rumors when she was a guest of the Emperor in his palace. Standing only 5’3 she is found mostly in softer pastel kimonos and favors cherry blossoms.
Personal History: The youngest of two daughters of Arkase and Hoshi Oshiro. Her older sister was born and bred to be the heir of their clan. She was taught the things she needed to know to run things. Emiko was raised to be wed. Her father knew she would be worth more than a year of rice if he could marry her off to another clan for an alliance. As she grew she was trained how to be a good wife. How to sew and sing and perfect the tea ceremony. She learned how to run a household and how to please a man. Tho her father was strict to keep her pure. When she turned 18 she was sent the Emperor’s court with orders to catch the eye of Ikina Morimoto the trusted advisor to the Emperor. Tho he was nearly forty and she barely 18 Arkase knew that this match would mean more for the clan than any war could bring them. Luck was not on the young Emiko’s side tho and before the arrangement for a marriage could be secured Ikina was found dead , poisoned by someone. Emiko was sent home to wait for her Father’s next plans.

Culture: Shindo (tea ceremony)
Ethnicity: Shindo (which of the three groups are you descended from?  Individuals of diverse parentage are not rare, but rarely reach the halls of power)

Etiquette: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bureaucracy: ⭐
Warfare:
Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your . Clan has the right building)

Inventory:   A necklace with a sapphire inside [Lucky, Tapped 0/2]

Very good, I added that it was Lucky so you could use it for stuff and it's functionally identical to other people's items but still a nice bit of additional character flavour.

Oh and you only have ⭐ rather than ⭐⭐⭐ growth stars on ya sheet for some reason, everyone starts with three.  They're your level-ups, kinda.

Zahard

Have you reviewed Bedroom Lazarus' character yet? His is toward the top of this thread page.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Zahard on September 17, 2017, 02:32:40 PM
Have you reviewed Bedroom Lazarus' character yet? His is toward the top of this thread page.

Yes, I approve of the character but apparently thought I'd added him to Characters when I hadn't.

That post has been reworked into links directly to sheets so people can more freely edit and it's generally less of a headache to add\swap people around.

Please let me know if there are any mistakes about Clan membership or something similar, I'm realizing I really should've added that to the sheet.  Also if anyone's missing\not where they should be just poke me to fix it.

Anyone considering joining know we have no Yunar Exiles so if one signed up, they'd automagically assume rulership of the Clan at gamestart.  Best and probably last chance to wind up a ruler besides usurping your own.

Update:
We have a signature image now, code below///
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=274532.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/5/50/ShindoSupremacy.png[/img][/url]

Bedroom Lazarus

Not to much longer before I can cut through feudal japan like an overactive scythe.   Who do you think we wind up setting flame and murdering first clannies?

The Sins that Beckon Me

Jezabelle

Quote from: Bedroom Lazarus on September 17, 2017, 05:36:23 PM
Not to much longer before I can cut through feudal japan like an overactive scythe.   Who do you think we wind up setting flame and murdering first clannies?

Ooooh I think Clan Oshiro's gonna have a #1 on y'alls (s)hit list Day 1 per pre-arranged RP shenanigans.  I won't spoil too much here though, gotta have that allure for Wednesday.

Silk

Zahard

Quote from: Bedroom Lazarus on September 17, 2017, 05:36:23 PM

There will probably be some scything for sure. I should definitely talk with my new clanmates... Being [Empress] means we have to be discriminating on who gets scythed. In any event, there will be plenty for Itakura to do, even before we inevitably end up fighting another PC faction.

QuoteOoooh I think Clan Oshiro's gonna have a #1 on y'alls (s)hit list Day 1 per pre-arranged RP shenanigans.  I won't spoil too much here though, gotta have that allure for Wednesday.

:'(

Midori hasn't killed anyone... yet. At least no one can prove she has.

In a strange turn of events, may be the Oshiro Clan doesn't have to conquer anyone to get to the top!

Bedroom Lazarus

Nothing at all Silk, now just put your head back down and start praying fervently.  Divine intervention is still your best hope of surviving this game.

The Sins that Beckon Me

Xue

Tentative interest.

Looking to play a bureaucratic role. Anyone interested in a female administrator?

Taxation, paying soldiers, keeping the spice flowing... what's not to love.

Zaer Darkwail

So far Krai folk miss clan lord (could apply for it Xue) as we need someone on Krai folk even start the game officially. Besides that I myself would welcome people on my clan (even if my own char is master bureucrat with 5 ranks in but if you can mix bit war and bureucracy skill equal measure, it would be great and make you sort military bureucrat :)).

Jezabelle

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 18, 2017, 02:02:05 AM
So far Krai folk miss clan lord (could apply for it Xue) as we need someone on Krai folk even start the game officially. Besides that I myself would welcome people on my clan (even if my own char is master bureucrat with 5 ranks in but if you can mix bit war and bureucracy skill equal measure, it would be great and make you sort military bureucrat :)).

Krai Folk have been taken care of with two members, just need a Yunar Exile though I believe we may have one in the works.

So really just filling out any Clan's roster.  She could indeed do well in your Clan Gunba, together y'all could pump out massive amounts of troops.

Quote from: Xue on September 18, 2017, 01:13:29 AM
keeping the spice flowing

Nnnnng don't tempt me with dreams of Dune Supremacy while we've only just begun this one  ::)

Silk

Quote from: Bedroom Lazarus on September 17, 2017, 09:27:10 PM
Nothing at all Silk, now just put your head back down and start praying fervently.  Divine intervention is still your best hope of surviving this game.

But I'm a good fae warped mutated abomination!...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jezabelle on September 18, 2017, 03:25:56 AM
So really just filling out any Clan's roster.  She could indeed do well in your Clan Gunba, together y'all could pump out massive amounts of troops.

That makes me to ask...would the skill check influenced (in war/battle) by sheer amount of troops + eguiptment? Meaning even if there is 5 star skilled general other side with couple squads of padded leather armored sohei (peasant warriors with swords/pikes/spears/bows etc) while facing full metal armored legions of samurai led by 1 star general? Basically would numbers and gears shuffle advantage to one way or other?