News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Unemployed need not apply?

Started by Oniya, July 26, 2011, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice Wonder

Quote from: Linna on July 29, 2011, 12:38:10 AM
Tis sad :(

I guess they feel like it's the unemployed man's fault for being that way.  It's not.  But it's just a way for them to discriminate because they know certain groups will be affected more by the high unemployment than others.

Quoted for truth!

The policy is absolutely disgusting, I think you are right - I think it often is a way to discriminate against certain demographics without out-rightly stating that is what they are doing. Nice observation!
I enjoy criticism on my stories - either way: The Student (explicit Femdom)

JadenMystic

Quote from: Linna on July 29, 2011, 12:38:10 AM
Tis sad :(

I guess they feel like it's the unemployed man's fault for being that way.  It's not.  But it's just a way for them to discriminate because they know certain groups will be affected more by the high unemployment than others.

I understand completely.

Quote from: ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut on August 06, 2011, 11:26:48 AM
I'm 21, I've been unemployed for 9 months now, I have a degree in English Lit, and all my references are in New Zealand. I bet most people wouldn't even give me a second look, but what can I do? My dad keeps telling me that the unemployment rate in the UK is going down. That may be, but youth unemployment (16-25) is rising.

Here, they get around telling unemployed people to out and out not apply, by saying 'experience required'. Please, someone tell me how to get experience when no one will employ me! It's maddening! I want to work! I want to do something, and yet people who complain about their jobs all the time are getting employed because they 'have experience'.

I'm 31 today. I have two children on hte Autism Spectrum, I'm diabetic. I have Transverse Myelitis, I can't get SSI for my disability even tho both my children have SSI because of their Autism. (My kids are 12 and 9). I have 3 medical trainings: CNA (now expired...), Medical Assistant (associate's degree), and Pharmacy Tech. 2 of the 3 trainings I got before I was diagnosed with the TM. The CNA I went thru afterwards. All three trainings I have, the only work experience I've had was when I went thru my externships.

Even adding my knowledge of ASL and PECS programs because of my kids hasn't done anything to help me when I've applied for jobs.

Before I did the schoolings (went back to school because of divorce to try to find work to support my kids) I was a stay-at-home mom to a man that served in the U.S. ARMY.

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on August 10, 2011, 02:01:09 AM
Spin it, that's what I did. Look objectively at all the tasks that are part of that job, and it is one even if you never get a day off and your not paid, and spin it on your resume. True, job jobs are better, but it explains the gap, and shows that you've been doing something. People are a lot more accepting these days of taking mothers who have taken the time to raise their children back into the working world. At least that's what the vocational counselors tell me.

I'll have to try this on the next job application I try and let you all know how things go. :-)

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.