News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A game I'd like to do....

Started by Fyrangel, May 26, 2006, 07:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyrangel

Ok, here goes, little me, totally new to all this.  But.... I used to run a game that I really enjoyed and would like to run again but I really want to know if anyone would be interested before I try setting it up.

Eros Futura:

What happens when a group of people put in Cryostasis for various fatal medical illnesses, wake up in a world totally alien to the one they left.  Their conditions healed and strange new abilities formed from them.

What happens when the world you knew is gone and in it's place is a feudal system filled with mutations, gangs and violence. 

How do you survive, how do you learn to live again when you never thought you would.

So, what do you all think? 

Elvi

Interesting.......

And you don't have to be 'an old hand' to start a game here, just have enough players to get it up and running. *smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Fyrangel

Thanks for the encouragement Elvi... I surely appreciate it.

King_Furby

What time frame are we talking for the people put on ice? Like would they be frozen in say modern day or like somewhere in the future.

This idea reminds me so much of the 4400. I would be willing to be a player if it was kept freeform.

Fyrangel

I'm thinking put into stasis in the current day and awakened in the future.. after wars have destroyed most of the civilizations of the world leaving it populated by a strange fuedal sort of system, run by warlords, gangs and such.

And I prefer freeform myself.

Elvi

Quote from: King_Furby on May 26, 2006, 11:21:55 AM
What time frame are we talking for the people put on ice? Like would they be frozen in say modern day or like somewhere in the future.

This idea reminds me so much of the 4400. I would be willing to be a player if it was kept freeform.

*shocked look*

What?
Something has intrigued you so much that you are willing to come out of hiding for us Furby?
*smiles*
It would be good if you did.....

King_Furby

I was not hideing Elvi lol. But yea this would be my first thread style RP here.

So there would be mutant creatures but also normal humans in this future then? Yes i like the idea of being frozen in modern day times..i just got to think of a character i would want to play lol.

I say for the abalities that they should be kept somewhat tame. Like no super strength, super speed or anything similar to X-men. This way people actually got to think of something interesting. Keeping special abalities minor would help add to the RP instead of taking away. And when somehow the system goes down most probably would not even know they were specail or realize the world has changed. First challenge would be finding a way out of the complex correct?

Elvi

That should of been 'hiding' Furby.......*smiles*

King_Furby

oh snap Elvi smiled at me. *does not know if thats a good or bad thing* lol

Swedish Steel

Be affraid...be very affraid... :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Fyrangel

I can agree.. powers would be limited.. more of something that coincides with their illness/injury prior to freezing.. a sort of mild mutation..No Supermen or Wonder Women... *wink*

King_Furby

Elvi

I would have actually gone for "there's the problem, now it's fixed" and not given any enhancements at all.
Every day 21st century people dumped into a strange world.

Though I can also see that if, for instance you were about to die of testicular cancer, that it could be quite funny having cyber balls fitted which makes you cum at a distance of fourty feet......*laughs*   

Fyrangel

*lol* ;D

Gee Elvi.. I hadn't thought of that... and if the preference is for ordinary people I'll go with that too... because it will still be interesting that way.  Just see the 20th Century woman who was in charge suddenly enslaved by a local warlord.   

Swedish Steel

Though I can also see that if, for instance you were about to die of testicular cancer, that it could be quite funny having cyber balls fitted which makes you cum at a distance of fourty feet......*laughs*   

Hahaha.
"I am Bukkake Man, fear me!"

On Off page:

King_Furby

That would scare the shit out of me if i had that power lol. It would be quite a deadly weapon..as powerful as a firehose.

I think abalities should still be part of it and would be fun as long as people can keep them somewhat tame. Play would still mostly i believe be about the characters and not that they have something special. A long time could go by in the game before anyone knew anything was different. And who says all of them would have anything special with them. I think that would be the best way to go.

Elvi

*rolls eyes*
Not on my characters you don't Swede, so you can drop that thought right out of the windows desktop!

I would like to see the players describe their past lives and illnesses before they were frozen and leave it for the GM to say if or what enhancement the player would have.

And now my silly mind has wandered off to create a whole new Elliquiy Super hero class of it's own.

The first two are now Cyber Balls and Wonder Womb........

King_Furby

lol

yea character profiles are usually a good thing to do but, i don't like to see people lay out everything about their character. Just a simple last of name, age, why they were frozen, and what abality they would eventually have would work nice. Some background is okay but i don't like to lay everything on the table right away, as it takes some of the mystery away.

Swedish Steel

Hehehehe. Very funny. And don't you worry Elvi, bukkake is something I try to stay clear off, it's fun to joke about though.  ;D

On Off page:

King_Furby

lol this thread has got so off topic.

But yes jokeing is always fun. I love stupid and lame jokes the best. I got a few ill PM ya with but i won't post them here so it can get back on topic

Elvi

Just don't like the face thing......ickity ickity ick.........

OOOOO.......
Cyber Balls would have to have a side kick.....Super Sperm - Impregnates at a thousand paces...well actually, he may have several hundred side kicks if you think about it.....

[Note to Fyr: apologise, but I blame the opiate pain killers and the bag of white choclate mice, my daughter has left for me....I'll shut up now]

PhoenixBlaze

*hugs everyone* God a new game YAY! *has had too much chocolate and coffee today* Anyway sounds cool to me I like survival stuff, probably why I am a Lost freak. But count me in.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Fyrangel

Quote from: Elvi on May 26, 2006, 12:27:06 PM
Just don't like the face thing......ickity ickity ick.........

OOOOO.......
Cyber Balls would have to have a side kick.....Super Sperm - Impregnates at a thousand paces...well actually, he may have several hundred side kicks if you think about it.....

[Note to Fyr: apologise, but I blame the opiate pain killers and the bag of white choclate mice, my daughter has left for me....I'll shut up now]

No problem Elvi.. believe me.. I could use some right now.. my head is just throbbing.

King_Furby

I never got into Lost but yea i like survival stuff also.

I love the movie Robinson Cruso on Mars lol

Swedish Steel

???
That sounds like the bestest movie ever!

On Off page:

PhoenixBlaze

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

King_Furby

i liked the plant thing he used for food. LOL they just took a hotdog and put it inside a plastic prop for the food he found. The movie was wacky and made little sense but i love it.

Elvi

Quote from: Fyrangel on May 26, 2006, 12:36:12 PM
No problem Elvi.. believe me.. I could use some right now.. my head is just throbbing.

Awwwwwwwww...........*hugs*........

PhoenixBlaze

I also liked Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So how exactly do you want us to do this, make a character profile just do something simple?

King_Furby

i am not sure. I believe she is waiting to see if enough people are interested.

Elvi

Yeah give the poor girl a chance, if you hadn't noticed, she is new and she has said she's got a headache.

*Moves everyone back*
Come on everyone, give the poor girl some space to breath, let her have thinking time.

PhoenixBlaze

*bounces on the balls of his feet like hyperactive monkey boy* Come on come on wheeeee

Elvi

*sighs and gets out tranquiliser gun.*

PhoenixBlaze

*swings from tree to tree in the meantime and sings george of the jungle*

Violet Maui

::Sweatdrop:: Cra-zee men.

::Is interested. Sits on her perch and waits.::
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

Offs & Ons :: PM if interested!

Elvi

*LOL*
Violet, have just seen your title!
(And that avatar need to be purple)

Violet Maui

>:3 Yuh huh, since you called me that, it kinda stuck. ::Giggle::

I don't know how to turn it purple and still keep the animation. ;--; ::Graphically impaired.::
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

King_Furby

I have to say it is rather unique.

*Runs around like a furby with his head cut off*

AmberMK

I'd be interested.  *See's Elvi's tranqualizer gun and hides.*   :o

Elvi

*shows Amber trancgun*
See?
It says here:

Only for use on pheonix during sugar and caffene highs

AmberMK

*Relaxes a little and breathes a sigh of relief.*  Whew, that is good to hear!   :D

King_Furby

Elvi is your gun bigger then mine? I always wanted a tranc gun but i have to just settle with my furby gun. It shoots out mini Furbies that explode on impact.

AmberMK

Now I'm scared.  *Hides behind Elvi*   :o

King_Furby

yea i would hide also. A flying mini furby would scare the heck out of me lol.

Fyrangel

Since Elvi was so wonderful and set up my game for me, I've posted Character Creation there, send them to me PM and then I'll add you on...

Here is the link:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=233.0

So... Let's get some characters going shall we.

And you don't have to tranq Phoenix.. I kind of like that sadistic hyperactivity... he could make a great villian with a romantic streak. *wink*

King_Furby

cool..ill get there as soon as i can

Violet Maui

Furbys... I owned one of those.

And then it began to malfunction. >:3 and I skinned it. Literally.

AmberMK

Nah-nah, nah-nah, beat ya to it!  Already there!  :P  *Bounces around taunting Furby*   :D

King_Furby

Fyrangel

Just to let people know, the game is open for characters:

Eros Futura,  It's in Heavy Exotic under Systems. 

It is Freeform and it should be good for everyone but I could really use some dominant Warlord type characters for the outside.

Jester

hi there,

this is a suprise. do you remember playing this game with me fek_angel?

i sent you a pm about this. i came up with the original concept and have the website associated with it on my computer.

i advertised it on the old pbem.com and pbem-portal.com  http://www.pbem-portal.com/games_show.php?id=1459

its nice to know that after five years its still going strong. its flattering.

i remember enjoying playing with you fyr.

xx

Jester

goodness.

i have just been checking up my history and you also played my lichen village game with me as well!!!
the website is still up for that!!
http://www.angelfire.com/games3/lichenvillage/

were you involved in flatmates or vampire nights?