Interest check:D&D: Stolen Virginity

Started by CaptainErotica, September 18, 2006, 06:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

I'm not willing to change my character either, I'm really wanting to see this go up and I've played enough low-level characters :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

RubySlippers

Well I don't consider Level 5 low level more low middle level. In any case I'm not going to play I hate to hold up the game any longer.

Praxis

I'm good with high or low.

I've played D&D for...well...too many years.  Right up to 3.5, but some of the character classes, races, feats and crafting that has been mentioned;  I just don't grok.

Everyone's playing in a league that I never even knew existed, so I'll take a powder.

Have fun though.

:)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I said I CAN be pirate only background and rpg wise but I like Dread Pirate's skills which I view suit to pirate (and gives some options). I get my most pirate skills being Swashbuckler and Warblade only adds trick or two in combat what I can exploit and Dread Pirate other hand gives alot class features which neither cannot never give (Seamanship examply, So far only Exemplar can give bonus to certain skill checks to people around him and that is PrC too, also Steady Stance is hard to mimick whitout PrC also).

Basically said it is possible play many classes whitout ever multiclassing but PrC gives most cases nice extra tricks and also help specialize certain tasks and fields more easily. Of course hard core rogue can beat my dread pirate in skill wise but in direct combat whit no sneak attack chance rogue is quickly goner when battling on ship where I plan fight on ropes, balancing on mast or hanging upside down from a rope etc. Also Dread Pirate gets small skill bonus either diplomacy or intimidate which can help save SP and also of course if you max skill out you have bigger mod in the skill than same level rogue.

Do not take this post offensively Ruby :). I just point out that when I said 'I cannot play a pirate' meanted I could not play one in way what I wanted (which this case is means not to able use Dread Pirate PrC and I have waited to try PrC out some time).

WarDragon

I've always considered 1-5 low levels, 6-14 mid level, and 15-20 high level (disregarding Epic, of course).  And frankly, anything below 8th or so just bores me to tears.

QuoteIts not a huge deal I just take it kind of offensive when some player think they NEED a prestige class to have a character be something. The core rules are in my opinion more than enough.
No offense, but this is a huge pet peeve of mine; just saying "in my opinion" doesn't mean you're not wrong.

CaptainErotica

I can understand how having so many options available to you can be a bit Duanting. All I can suggest is stick with it and go with waht you think you will enjoy. don't worry about trying to get the best feats, or best Bang for the buck(Pun intended). As for holding things up..it isn;t you holding it up it is me. i want to have all my ducks in a row and added to webstie.(at least the info on the Dieties and the world, the rest can be finished as i find time). Unfortunately It looks like we wil lbe staying at level 10. I do hope you stick with it, as form what i have seen/read you are an excellent  RP'er.

CaptainErotica

Ok website is pretty much done for now. I will wrk on the Heroes, Fallen, Story, and Bardic Tales Pages as we go. Feel free to make any suggestions for improvements. I was going to add a section for character creation tutorials but that would take me forever, and i know most of you are excited to kick this off so. If you havn't already please finish up your characters, and pm them too me or post them here. I plan on starting up on Monday, Wedsday at the latest.

http://www.geocities.com/gm_marvel/index.html?1160236362526

Zaer Darkwail

Nice main pages and I liked the geography parts :). Is the Golden Coast area wher emy char (a pirate) hails from? Then I can change my K:Local to suit that. Also any major oceans around?

CaptainErotica

Yeah, I fugure That would be the area he is from. As for oceans the only one is the Great Ocean., which the Gold Coast leads to. there are other continents and islands out there but i didn't go into then because we shouldn't have to go to any of them.

WarDragon

The Northern part of the empire sounds like the terrain copper dragons favor, so that's probably where my chracter's from.

Zakharra

I click on the link and the site wants to install a plug in.

RubySlippers

I finally getting almost finished I made my character a member of the Western Kingdom, Mage of the Arcane Order a Transmuter and a an official Royal Mage of the Western Kingdom. I figure its likely all mages allowed to practice would likely over there have to be nominally in service to the ruler.

3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14360

CaptainErotica

hmmm... It might be for the music...I can't think of anything else that would need a plug in. Aslo I thought I had the Dieties page linked but but i guess not. It shoulf be up shortyl since I just have to go in and add the link.

Zaer Darkwail

Ruby, when I try click your link it speaks of 'error message'.

Muse

Gahg!  I don't know what to make!  Do we have a divine caster? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 09, 2006, 04:01:21 AM
Ruby, when I try click your link it speaks of 'error message'.

That's her name "error message" lol.

A mysterious mage you don't want to know anything about. lol

Just kidding I forgot to stick in the character number for the character when I caut and pasted the link.

Be good or I'll turn your character into a hampster! [Baleful Polymorph DC= 20- fear the transmuter!]

indarkestknight

My stats are lying around on paper at the moment, but I want to help Zee finish before I get around to my own. Hope none of you mind too terribly.

RubySlippers

I don't mind don't rush the genius of creating a character but we can use a cleric I think? ahem (hint, hint)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on October 09, 2006, 08:07:26 AM
Gahg!  I don't know what to make!  Do we have a divine caster? 

Hmm, no, we dont have cleric. So what god you would follow? I asume you are not follower of the virgin goddess (they have quite strong taboos for loose relationships) and I doubt the virgin goddess would call aid of cleric of her counter part.

WarDragon

We can always use a cleric!  Druid or Favored Soul might fit too, but Cleric is preferable.  As for which god.... Aphrodite might be apporpriate, since she's the virgin's mother.

CaptainErotica

Yes she would be a good choice. Take your time, whenever you all are ready i'll set up the board.

RubySlippers

Ok I have her magic gear I put a good deal into her main Grimoire, I suggest not touching it unless you feel like risking becoming a mouse chasing cat forever.  Well over 3 rounds I wanted to avoid anyone by accident setting off the main ward she wants to deter thieves not hurt innocent people. Crafting wonderous items are fun!

Zaer Darkwail

Hey, I am cat already so I wonder which I beocme if I touch the tome (or do you mean someone transforms into a mouse? Quite irony for me it would be XD).

RubySlippers

Well it takes 3 rounds of contact I wanted to be sure a THIEF got it not some child curious about my tome. After all a black dragonhide Grimoire floating in the air can be an inviting curiosity. And once she TRUSTS you folks you will get the shut-off commands. But it is the wizards most prized possession and the source of her power oif course she wanted it protected and her trust is not gained easily.

It also shrugs of 12 damage from elemental attacks like fire, electricity, cold. It is water proof. It also has magic pest resistance from mites and the like that would try ot eat the Grimoire all common effects. And it levitates more for show than common sense. Well a master wizard needs to keep up appearances.

Might I add having Craft Wonderous Item AND access to the Arcane order Spell Pool is fun!

Oh you want to be a mouse just ask I have regular Polymorph as well.

(Her backup is kept at the Guild Hall nice and safe if anything can blast past layers and layers of magical wards and traps to get to the vaults I'd be MOST impressed.)

I did think to help the Barbarian and fighters in the group Protection from Arrows and Haste makes a fine combo. Especially for the sword swinging chainmail bikini clad barbarian. And if she gets gold I can fashion wonderous items of many types including items working with the cleric. Like oh a Bracelet the casts healing spells on the wearer as they take damage or an Elixer of Love (its a wonderous item not a potion) for the horny cat man to use. All I'll expect is a fair price paid plus something extra for her time.

Cosmo_ac

ok, i'm willing to play a male cleric.  I admit i'm more then a little hesitant and intimidated by the rules and set up, but If rob is willing to help me out when he has time, then i'm in at least to try things out.