Black Tokyo Redux [NC-E]

Started by Chris Brady, March 18, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transgirlenstein

II'll think on and try to write up a character :)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Elohim

Name:            Megumi Kajitani
Desigination:    Shield Maiden 000000001
Point of origin: Tokyo   
Apparent Age:    16
Height:          5'10
Weight:          140
Hair:            Brown
Eyes:            Brown
Skin:            Light complexion
Race:            Gynoid (Experimental Supernatural Defence Unit)

Attributes:

Str:  8  (believed 2)
Dex:  7  (believed 2)
Con:  7  (believed 2)
Int:  4
Per:  2
Wil:  4

Life:   

Essence:

Skills
Kung Fu 4*
Energy weapons 3* (Linked with supernatural attack) 
Mz Fixit      3
Science       4
Occult        2 ^
Language      2 (English)
computers     4
Acrobatics    2
Driving       1

*Believed to b Zero
^Believed to be One

Qualities (15):

Photographic Memory (3)
Robot               (7)
Attractive          (2)
Resources           (1)
Nerd                (2)

Wild Card
Supernatural attack (Distance level 2) 12
Increased life points  (3)
Immortal               (o)

Drawback points  (10)
Natural armor    3
Natural weapon   2  (Energy blades)
+ 2 streangth
+ 2 Dex
+ 2 Con

Drawbacks:
Secrets    (2)        Machine
Cowardice  (2) 
Adversary   (3)        Enemy that managed to damage to the point of a hard reset
Outcast    (3)

*Has no knowledge of any supernatural traits

Megumi is a prototype model, created by a splinter cell in the government that concerned themselves with supernatural threats.  She was meant as a front line fighter, capable of sparing human life if direct combat ever became necessary between the dark things that lurked beneath the surface of the world and humanity.  Initial testing, proved that the machine was more then capable of acting as a warrior on par with the very beasts she was designed to fight.  Unfortunately,  other forces had already heard of the being that was being created to act as they're bane, and they preempted to project.  The prototype peice of machinery, managed to fight off the horde to the best of her incomplete abilities,  but was eventually brought low by a demonic creature.  It believed that it destroyed the girl,  and it and its companions laid waste to the area... 

Megumi would eventually pull herself out of the wreckage, most of her memory wiped from the conflict and began wandering the city alone.  She was eventually discovered,  and given Jane Doe status.  No one came for her, and she was eventually adopted by a family who didn't realize that the girl was a walking weapon.  So, she lives her life as your typical high school student, not realizing that a demon will be hot on her trail at her rediscovery, not to mention the organization that created her may want their toy back,  to restart the program.

Sorry if this has an overly anime feel!

Chris Brady

OK, Megumi works, except for a few points.

First, if she's supposed to be modelled after an 'Anime Girl' she's WAY too tall.  Most anime leads tend to be under the average American heights, like less than 5' 5" for girls, and under 5' 9" for boys.  Most villainesses are over, because they are evil and thus must be imposing.  Also she's pretty unperceptive for a combat machine, with no built in or extra sensor systems.  Third, there are TWO universes, the one we all know about (What I'll call the Real World) which has no demons, no monsters on any sort of wide scale, the other where she'd be from (Because there is a higher level of tech, because Demons are known to exist by the important types, like Government officials and Military) is known as Black, of which the city of Tokyo is known as Black Tokyo for those in the know.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Elohim

I'll go back to the drawing board as the concept works better as a human created machine over a demonic one. 

Chris Brady

Wait.  There ARE humans in the Black World.  In fact, they're the SAME humans in the Real World.  The only time people can cross over (Unless they aren't fully human) is when their counterpart, their 'twin' dies for some reason.

So Megumi CAN still be human made, it's just she's not from the Real World.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Elohim

Alright, thanks,  I'll make the changes.

Elohim

Name:            Megumi Kajitani
Desigination:    Shield Maiden 000000001
Point of origin: Tokyo   
Apparent Age:    16
Height:          5'5
Weight:          104
Hair:            Brown
Eyes:            Brown
Skin:            Light complexion
Race:            Gynoid (Experimental Supernatural Defence Unit)

Attributes:

Str:  8  (believed 2)
Dex:  6  (believed 2)
Con:  7  (believed 2)
Int:  4
Per:  4
Wil:  4

Life:   

Essence:

Skills
Kung Fu 4*
Energy weapons 3* (Linked with supernatural attack)
Mz Fixit      3
Science       4
Occult        2 ^
Language      2 (English)
computers     4
Acrobatics    2
Driving       1

*Believed to b Zero
^Believed to be One

Qualities (15):

Photographic Memory (3)
Robot               (7)
Attractive          (2)
Resources           (1)
Nerd                (2)

Wild Card
Supernatural attack (Distance level 2) 12
Increased life points  (2)
Immortal               (o)
+1 Per
Supernatural sense     (1)

Drawback points  (10)
Natural armor    2
Natural weapon   2  (Energy blades)
+ 2 streangth
+ 1 Dex
+ 2 Con
+ 1 Per

Drawbacks:
Secrets    (2)        Machine
Cowardice  (2)
Adversary   (3)        Enemy that managed to damage to the point of a hard reset
Outcast    (3)

The Great Triangle

Are my character's revised (batman like) stats acceptable? 

QuoteName: Yoshida "Judas" Takehiko

Birthplace: Yonabaru, Okinawa
Height: 175 centimeters
Weight: 66 Kilograms
Hair: Bleach blond, shoulder length
Eyes: Blue contact lenses
Skin: Fairly dark, with many scars

Attributes:

Str: 5
Dex: 5
Con: 6
Int: 5
Per: 2
Wil: 1

(26/18, 8 freebie points spent)

Life: 66

Skills:

Acrobatics 5
Computer 1
Crime    2
Doctor   1
Getting Medieval 5
Influence   2
Kung Fu    3
Languages 2
Notice 3
Occultism 4
Wilcard Skill: Bondage 4

Qualities:

Attractiveness 2pts.
Hard to Kill   4pts.
Nerves of Steel  3pts.
Occult Library (bible black) 1pt.
Enchanted Item (demon chain) 8pts. (indestructable, deals  7x strength damage)
Natural Toughness  2pts.

(22/15, 15 freebie points spent, 10 drawback points spent)

Drawbacks:

Addiction; tobacco 1pt.
Cruel               2pts.
Honorable          2pts.
Screwed-up Adolescent 4pts.
Curse (stigmata)    1pt.  (Whenever she enters a particularly stressful situation, wounds on her palms, ankles, and forehead open up, causing 1 point of damage and potentially inflicting social penalties.  Whenever she has vaginal sex, she bleeds as if her hymen was broken, causing 1d6 damage)

Spells Known:

Open Portal; Level 5 (Requires a complex ritual at a site where the barriers between the human world and the demon world are weak.  The ritual requires either a hymen to be broken, or the spilling of 20 life points worth of blood.)

Exorcism; Level 2  (Requires the subject to be bound and subjected to sadomasochistic rites, moving the subject closer to orgasm as the ritual continues.  If the demon is successfully expelled, the subject orgasms at the same time, expelling the demon, which is then free to act.)

Rod of the Lillim; Level 2 (Custom spell; requires orgiastic sex sufficient to fill a goblet with cum.  (either male or female)  Drinking the goblet causes the ritualist to grow a penis for 1 day per success level.  If the subject already has a penis, he gains another one.)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

Alright, I updated my sheet.  Should be fine now!

Hikari

What limit are we using for Drawbacks?
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Crovonovin

Quote from: Hikari on March 28, 2009, 01:48:09 PM
What limit are we using for Drawbacks?

A max of ten points, I believe.

Hikari

Name: Koga Hikari

Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 103 lbs.
Hair: Strawberry blonde, straying toward pinkish red; long, slightly curled.
Eyes: Green.
Skin: Milky white.

Attributes:
Strength 4
Dexterity 6
Constitution 6
Intelligence 2
Perception 2
Willpower 1

Life Points 85

Qualities: (10 Drawback Points Spent)
Athlete (4)
Attractiveness (5)
Half-Demon (4)
   Emotional Influence, Lust -3 (5)
      Uncontrollable Power (-5)
   Anti(Pro?)-Social Impulses, Nymphomania (-1)
   Increased Life Points +20 (2)
   Regeneration (1)
   Supernatural Form, Cosplay Fantasia (1)
      Attractiveness +2
Resist Pain Level 3 (3)
Natural Toughness (2)
Fast Reaction Time (2)
Hard to Kill Level 5 (5)

Drawbacks: (10 Drawback Points Gained)
Easily Flustered (-1)
Honorable (-2)
Outcast, Inattentive (-3)
Secret, Half-Demon (-1)
Teenager (-2)
Adversary, Yuki (-1)

Skills: (15 Wildcard Points Spent)
Acrobatics 8
Art 5
Influence 5
Knowledge 3
Kung Fu 5
Notice 1
Sports 4
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Transgirlenstein

Still thinking on a character, haven't thought of anything yet though I am afraid :/
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

The Great Triangle

We've got an android, a lolita girl, a mysterious foreign exchange student, and a token human.  (sort of) 

That leaves room for the talking animal mascot character, the hyper athletic cool girl, the manipulative and implicitly sadomasochistic psycho character, and the catgirl.  (Which can be combined with the talking animal mascot.) 

Any of those roles should fill out an anime ensemble.

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

OK, I'm going to have to change the focus a bit. ;D

THis is a little more powered than I had in mind, but I'm flexible.

The Great Triangle

Technically, it's partially my fault, since I based the point spread for the game on regular unisystem instead of cinematic unisystem, which lead to unexpectedly powerful characters.   :-)

But that just means we're doing Melancholy of Haruhi or Full Metal Panic instead of Azumanga Daioh or Fruits Basket.

Ons and Offs

Cosmo_ac

my charactor will be a normal human, or at least normal in the sense he would have any special powers.  He should be up in a day or two, depending on how things go.

Chris Brady

Alright, guys, gimme a few here, because given the characters, I'll need to change a few things on the general setting and idea.

Cosmo_ac

ok, i think i have a rough here.

Name: Sho Oda

Birthplace: Tokyo
Height: 5’9
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Grey hair, short cut
Eyes: Grey
Skin: Light skin

Attributes: 18 =18

Str: 4 (+1) 5
Dex:  3 (+1) 4
Con:  4 (+1) 5
Int:  3 (-1) 2
Per:  2
Wil: 2

Life:

Qualities: 20 =4+2+2+3+2+3
Athlete 1
Fast Reaction Time 1
Natural toughness 1
Nerves of steel 1
Resistance-Pain 2
Attractiveness 3
Hard to Kill 4
Luck 3

Drawbacks: +5
Smoking & Casual Drinking 1
Humorless 1
Honor 1
Teenager 2

Qualities:15
Acrobatics 5
Kung-Fu 6
Sports 2

Bio:  Sho has been into sports a good portion of his life.  The only real reason for this, is aside from the fact it was something he was the best in, was that he knew that being the best at sports would get him out of his current life.

Sho is the single son of his mother and father.  Sho’s father was an alcoholic, and regularly beat his mother and Sho until Sho was strong enough to physically evict his father at age 16.  Since then, Sho and his mother have lived on their own.

Sho’s mother works full time, so Sho has had to learn to be self reliant, though that was something he learned at an early age do to a missing father figure, his dad hardly an ideal role model.  When Sho was young however, he picked up boxing.  His coach, an old boxing pro, in many ways filled the gap his father left, and Sho devoted himself to the sport.

18 years old now, Sho is the captain of the high school boxing team, and is a potential Olympic hopeful for Japan.  Sho plan’s on using this as a means of getting a good education, and hopefully being able to find a job where he will earn enough to help take care of his mother.  Because of this, Sho devotes almost all of his spare time to training. 

Char Pic: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/348561/highres-persona-persona_3-sanada_akihiko-scan

Chris Brady

The game is still happening, FYI.  It's just I'm hurting real bad at the moment, and I can't really think straight.

Crovonovin

Take your time.  We can certainly wait.

Thorn14

I had no idea this game was going on, but it seems awesome!

Uhm...would one more player be okay? Or at least can I make a sheet just in case?

I was thinking a demon hunter :)

Thorn14

I was thinking someone who's twin was actually a bad person who died. But she grew up as part of a family who knew about demons and the occult.

She's just gotten on her own (but is also told to go to school finally, and has no idea how society works, more about black tokyo society)

So she's trying to prove herself to her family, while also trying to fit into the school.

Chris Brady

Two things.  First, there are more supernatural types than expect, second, you guys are at the very top of your fields.  Human average is two, most of you have fives, which makes you masters at your selected skills.

So...  I was thinking of droppig the "Real World", and just focusing on Kuro Tokyo, and secondly, bumping you guys out of High School.

Crovonovin

So long as my character still wouldn't know that he's a supernatural being from the get go, I'm fine with any setting.