Black Tokyo Redux [NC-E]

Started by Chris Brady, March 18, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Aw, OK.  :-( Anyone else?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Crovonovin

I'm not experienced with systems, but as long as it's simple enough for a scatterbrain like myself to work with, I don't really mind.  This idea is way too interesting for me to give up on.  I do think we should actually settle firmly upon a system as soon as possible though so this can get underway.  Otherwise things will stagnate and interest will wane, and I really want to see this get off the ground.

Chris Brady

Cinematic Unisystem, with Angel as the main rule book.  That's what I'm using.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Crovonovin

Well, so long as Corinthi is able to help out with setting up my character, I don't see any problems there!  Thank goodness for nice people...  I'll do my best to keep up!

Chris Brady

Well, I have the book too, so if anyone needs help...  I'm here as well.

Cosmo_ac

ok,was it cinematic system that was posted?  Just need to know what we're working with.

Chris Brady

No, it was Classic Uni.  If I have to, I can 'lend' my copy to people, but what you do with it after you're done is your resposibility.

Cosmo_ac

well, i might need to burrow a copy, depending on what your talking about.  Or i could just give you an idea of my charactor, though that would probably only help with stats  and not nesesarily skills and such.

Chris Brady

The Great Triangle

Here's my character statted up as a investigator character:

Name: Yoshida "Judas" Takehiko

Birthplace: Yonabaru, Okinawa
Height: 175 centimeters
Weight: 66 Kilograms
Hair: Bleach blond, shoulder length
Eyes: Blue contact lenses
Skin: Fairly dark, with many scars

Attributes:

Str: 5
Dex: 5
Con: 6
Int: 5
Per: 2
Wil: 1

Life: 66

Skills:

Acrobatics 5
Computer 1
Crime    2
Doctor   1
Getting Medieval 5
Influence   2
Knowledge  1
Kung Fu    3
Languages  1
Notice 3
Occultism 4

Qualities:

Attractiveness 2pts.
Hard to Kill   4pts.
Nerves of Steel  3pts.
Occult Library (bible black) 1pt.
Enchanted Item (demon chain) 8pts. (indestructable, deals  7x strength damage)
Natural Toughness  2pts.
Fast Reaction Time 2pts.
Good Luck 4pts.

(6)

Drawbacks:

Addiction; tobacco 1pt.
Cruel               2pts. 
Honorable          2pts.
Screwed-up Adolescent 4pts.
Curse (stigmata)    1pt.  (Whenever she enters a particularly stressful situation, wounds on her palms, ankles, and forehead open up, causing 1 point of damage and potentially inflicting social penalties.  Whenever she has vaginal sex, she bleeds as if her hymen was broken, causing 1d6 damage)

Spells Known:

Open Portal; Level 5 (Requires a complex ritual at a site where the barriers between the human world and the demon world are weak.  The ritual requires either a hymen to be broken, or the spilling of 20 life points worth of blood.)

Exorcism; Level 2  (Requires the subject to be bound and subjected to sadomasochistic rites, moving the subject closer to orgasm as the ritual continues.  If the demon is successfully expelled, the subject orgasms at the same time, expelling the demon, which is then free to act.)

Rod of the Lillim; Level 2 (Custom spell; requires orgiastic sex sufficient to fill a goblet with cum.  (either male or female)  Drinking the goblet causes the ritualist to grow a penis for 1 day per success level.  If the subject already has a penis, he gains another one.)

Background: From the day of her birth, Takehiko never had it easy.  Her father desperately wanted a son, and was completely devastated when his wife died after childbirth, leaving Takehiko alone.  The next few years weren't kind to her, as her father maintained a cold distance from his daughter, as if he blamed her for the death of her mother.  Things went from bad to worse shortly after Takehiko turned 8, when her father was laid off, and took to drinking to deal with his pain. 

6 years later, the body an unemployed middle aged man named Yoshida Akira washed up on the beach, nearly all of his bones broken, his body covered in horrible wounds.  Not long after this, a family of foreigners in Tokyo adopted a ward of the state; a boy named named Yoshida Takehiko.  Their ways were strange, and they practiced an odd religion of the west.  (Or possibly the demon world, on balance.)  Takehiko became a juvenile delinquent, getting into fights almost constantly, much to the distress of her foster family.  Yet, as she got into more and more trouble, she eventually softened to the teachings of her adopted family, as her relationship with her stepbrother intensified. 

Takehiko remained a violent girl at her very core, dressing as a boy and perpetrating violence in the alleys of Tokyo.  Slowly, he drew his brother into his world, getting into a great deal of trouble, more often with the Yakuza, and even stranger things hiding in the shadows than they did with the police.  And so, Takehiko's brother shared with him the bible black, a book of rituals sacred to the demon world. 

Since begining a practice of the rituals of the bible black, Takehiko has grown considerably more interested in his studies, getting into a remarkably good high school.  He's known to everyone as a badass, and wears his uniform in a disrespectfully sloppy manner.  Underneath the sleeves of his uniform, he wears a pair of leather cuffs, tightly strapped onto his wrists.  A like pair of cuffs adorns his ankles.  After school hours, he wears a leather trenchcoat, with a massive chain draped over the back of his neck.  The chain is a relic from the demon world, something his brother frequently binds him with, and a souvenir of his occasional trips to the dark world. 

Despite having traveled to the demon world, Takehiko  hasn't actually seen a demon, having mostly been in storage units, or occasionally blindfolded, bound, and gagged.  He's a slight sexual predator, needing many sexual partners to carry out his rituals, and get insight on the strange ravings of the bible black. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

Figure I'll post mine up too!  Thanks again for the help with this, Corinthi.  (Stats in parenthesis are applicable only when shapeshifted)

Name: Ikegami Izumi
Species: Human/Nix
Height: 6'4" (9.144 Meters Long, 1.8288 Meters Diameter)
Weight: 148 lbs (12,000 lbs)
Facial Features:

Life Points: 34
Drama Points: 20

Attributes:
Strength 3            Intelligence 4
Dexterity 3                    Perception 4
Constitution 3            Willpower 4

Qualities:
Artist 2pts
Attractive +3
Resources (Well Off) 2pts
Hypnosis (Look Into My Eyes, Requires Playing a Musical Instrument) 4pts
Emotional Influence (Requires Playing a Musical Instrument) 2pts

Drawbacks (9):
Easily Flustered: 1pt
Teenager 2pts
Honorable 1pt
Secret (Half-Demon, Deadly) 3pts
Dual Shape (Human and Water Serpent) 1pt

Skills :
Art: 5  - Master Musician
Influence: 4 - He's a real charmer.
Knowledge: 2 - Pretty good student/book learning.
Sports: 4 - Excellent Swimmer/Athlete.

Personality: Izumi is a particularly strange character.  Those that speak to him on a regular basis note the peculiar sort of charm that he wields, despite the oddball American influences in his dress and appearance.  He addresses everyone with formal titles, including his own peers and those younger than him.  Depending on the situation, Izumi may be soft-spoken and calm or wildly eccentric, speaking with a sort of infectious glee reminiscent of a child in a candy shop.  The boy has a habit of treating everyone as though he were close friends with them, with very mixed results. 

Though his physical charm, verbosity, and above average grades seem more than enough to make him a somewhat popular figure in the school, it is his musical talents that have drawn most people to his side.  He is never seen without a violin case at his side, and frequently sits in the hallways between classes in order to play.  The sounds he produces border on the unreal, and from the reaction of the student body one would be quick to liken it to a siren's call; teachers and students alike are often drawn out of classrooms just to hear him play.  As of late however, he has been reprimanded and told explicitly to find more private locations in which to practice.  Though admittedly brilliant, the distraction has caused many a student to be habitually late to class, leading to some rather unfortunate grades.

When he isn't in class or weaving tunes from his fiddle, Izumi generally spends his off-hours in one of the Cooking rooms.  Regretfully, his talent here ranges somewhere in the negatives.  His cooking is so nauseatingly abysmal that it borders on the supernatural; on one occasion he managed to freeze a turkey with an oven, and has even managed to turn a pot of soup into ash.  Nevertheless, it is one of his few joys, and the depths of his failure as a chef are only matched by the depths of his enthusiasm. 

Izumi carries around a belt filled with bottles of spring water constantly, which he gradually drains throughout the day.  Oddly enough, he is never seen using the bathroom.  On any occasion where water is not readily available, the boy appears to be intensely uncomfortable.  Though he has professed to be a rather good swimmer, he has refrained from joining the swim team, stating that the chlorine irritates his skin.

Chris Brady

Crovonovin

Oh goodness, I'm sorry to hear that you're in such pain!  Here's to a speedy recovery!

Transgirlenstein

Great Triangle's character almost makes me want to come back to this.  Problem is I don't own the Angel book at all nor know the system
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Crovonovin

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 23, 2009, 07:19:38 AM
Great Triangle's character almost makes me want to come back to this.  Problem is I don't own the Angel book at all nor know the system

Well don't let that stop you!  I'm in the same boat, but there are plenty of generous and knowledgeable people here that are willing to help out.  I can't say I'm not a wee bit intimidated, but the learning stretch just makes things more interesting!

The Great Triangle

Creating a character in Unisystem really isn't very complicated.  I'll give a comprehensive explanation.

The first thing you do to create a character is determine whether you want your character to be an Investigator type or a Champion type.  Investigators are essentially normal humans pulled into extraordinary situations, and are a lot more favored by luck.  (they get more drama points)  Champions are extraordinary beings, quite often not even human.  They're people like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Inuyasha, and that vampire wanker from twilight.

Champions can get the spotlight more easily, but Investigators have the advantage of being almost certain to succeed when they would like to.  (rather than having to save their drama points for special occasions)

Characters have four main areas in which they develop other than their drama points.  The first is attribute points, the character's basic level of talent, similar to the ability scores in D&D.  (Identical, in fact, except that the charisma stat is removed and wisdom is split up into perception and willpower) 

Attributes, for humans, have a rating between 1 and 6, though 5 is the practical limit of human potential.  Raising an attribute from 1 to 5 costs only 1 point per level, while raising an attribute to level 6 costs 3 points.  If you're a supernatural creature who gets bonuses to your attributes, those bonuses are applied after you buy your attributes, so you don't have to worry about paying extra if you're playing something unusual.

The second is qualities, which are aspects of the character that define him or her.  Aspects can include things like being a nerd, having really fast reflexes, and iron will, or being a half demon who can chuck fireballs around.  Champions receive substantially more points to spend on qualities.

The third is drawbacks, flaws which your character has.  A player may take up to 10 points of drawbacks, and each of them limit a character in some way, or create a threat to the character's safety.  (such as the secret drawback)  Drawbacks range from the trivial (mild lechery, 1 point) to the utterly crippling (quadriplegic, 8 points)

Finally, characters have skills, the talents and abilities which help them do things in general.  Both Investigators and Champions receive a generous portion of skill points, though champions receive slightly more.  Skills are notable in that they can be raised above level 5 indefinitely, at a cost of 3 points per rank.  This can result in some frighteningly skilled characters down the line. 

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

How the Points Add Up:

18 points for Attributes
20 points for Qualities
Up to 10 Drawback Points
20 Points for Skills
15 "Wildcard" Points (can be placed anywhere like drawback points)

List of Attributes:

Strength
Dexterity
Stamina
Intelligence
Perception
Will

List of qualities:

Acute Senses
Artist
Athlete
Attractiveness
Braniac
Commando
Contacts
Criminal
Demon/Half Demon
Demon Hunter
Eidetic Memory
Empathy
Enchanted/Superscience Item
Fast Reaction Time
Good Luck
Hard to Kill
Natural Toughness
Nerves of Steel
Occult Investigator
Occult Lubrary
Psychic Visions
Resistance
Resources
Robot
Situational Awareness
Slayer
Vampire
Werewolf

List of Drawbacks:

Addiction
Adversary
Bad Luck
Clown
Covetous
Curse
Dependent (someone who needs you)
Emotional Problems
Honorable
Humorless
Impaired Senses
Love
Mental Problems
Minority
Obligation
Outcast
Physical Disability
Recurring Nightmares
Screwed-up Adolescent
Secret
Talentless
Teenager  (EVERYONE in this game qualifies for this flaw)

Qualities Appropriate only to supernatural characters:

Emotional Influence
Enhanced Attribute
Hypnosis
Immortal
Increased Life Points
Invisible
Iron Mind
Natural Armor
Natural Weapon
Psychometry
Pyrokinesis
Reduced Damage
Regeneration
Supernatural Attack
Supernatural Senses
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Unique Kill (can only be killed in a specific way)

Drawbacks Appropriate only to Supernatural Characters

Antisocial Impulses
Limited Use Power
Reduced Attribute
Supernatural Form
Uncontrollable Power
Vulnerability

List of Skills:

Acrobatics
Art
Computers
Crime
Doctor
Driving
Getting Medieval (melee weapons and crossbows)
Gun Fu
Influence (socialization)
Knowledge
Kung Fu
Languages
Mr. Fix-It
Notice
Occultism
Science
Sports
Wild Card (other)

Ons and Offs

Cosmo_ac

are we using the investigator/champion classes?  I thought we were using the points that you had put out earlier.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on March 23, 2009, 03:43:48 PM
are we using the investigator/champion classes?  I thought we were using the points that you had put out earlier.

That was my understanding.

Corinthi

Chris,

Could you be a bit more clear about what you want with character creation? I'm having trouble deducing what you actually desire.

Are we using character creation as per the Angel Corebook, or did you have a different spread of points in mind. If we're using a different spread, which is fine, will you post exactly what that spread is? I'll tweak my sheet and help Shihong tweak his accordingly.

Thanks.

Chris Brady

Fair enough.

I'm liking this suggestion, so I'm using it as my baseline.

Quote from: The Great Triangle on March 19, 2009, 09:11:58 PM
Well, if I can put in my two cents, I think a character creation system that gave the PCs around 15-18 points for attributes, 20 points for skills, 15 points for qualities, and 10-15 "wildcard" points for supernatural stuff or fleshing out character design would be about reasonable for anime high schoolers.

And yes, everyone should take the Teenager flaw.

Cosmo_ac

ok, now what/how exactly do the "wild card" points get used? Like,can we use them anywhere or do they go for a specific set of qualities/skills/whatever?

Chris Brady

Yes.  Or you could save them for when the time comes to give your character a change or two.

Corinthi

Gotcha. Really, that point spread is only 2-5 overall points less than the default Champion build, so it should be easy to trim a few points. I'll PM you a new character sheet, or post it in thread if you like.

Chris Brady