Black Tokyo Redux [NC-E]

Started by Chris Brady, March 18, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorn14

I think we are following the Hero thing which gives about 20 for attributes.

I personally was hoping for the high school thing though. It helps my character's background out of being a kind of social outcast.

Thorn14

Name: None Yet

Birthplace: None Yet
Height: Not Sure
Weight: Not Sure
Hair: Dark Green, cut to slightly below ears.
Eyes: Light Green
Skin: Tannish

Attributes:
STR 5
DEX 4
CON 4
INT 3
PER 4
WIL 3

Life: Not sure how to calculate

Skills:
Getting Medieval 7 (6+1 from Demon Hunter)
Acrobatics 2
Notice 1
Occultism 3 (2+1 from Demon Hunter)
Kung Fu 4 (3+1 from demon hunter)
Language 1 (Old Latin)
Computers 1
Knowledge 2

Qualities:
Demon Hunter 4pts
Enchanted Weapon 6pts level 3 (What kind of bonuses can I give it?)  Big Ass Sword
Attractiveness 2pts
Enchanted Armor 2pts (level 1) (Same as bonuses here) Enchanted breastplate
Fast Reaction Time 1pt
Contacts 2pt

Drawbacks:
Adversery (Succubi who knew her evil twin version)
Mental Problem(Recklessness) -1
Teenager -2
Obligation -1 (Demon Hunting)
Mild Delusion (all supernaturals are evil)

Background coming up soon.

Lemme know what is blatently wrong :)

Edit: Made her a bit more normal, with contacts as some of her friends. And Knowledge and Computers as some hobbies.

The Great Triangle

Personally I'd much rather lower the power level to high school level than reset the setting, unless I've got an opportunity to redesign my character out of a high school setting and into a street level superheroes setting.  (which works for me)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Thorn14

If you set how high are attributes should be then I wouldnt mind as well.

Chris Brady

OK.  Seeing as my spine is in a better place, (It's in a jar.  On my desk.) let's try this again.

As I stated, the average human ADULT will have 2 and 3 in either attribute and skill, remember this game ADDS them together and you add a d10 roll to it.  Most of you are masters at your various fields, now I don't mind having a few skills that high, or attributes (Some of you are special creatures) but as it stands, most of you are much more powerful than I intended.

Not that this is an issue, I can change the scope and focus of the game, but it's up to you guys if you want that.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cosmo_ac

i'd rather bump the skills and stats down and keep the original setting/idea, personally.

Chris Brady

Alright.  Anyone else?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Crovonovin

I'd prefer if the setting were kept intact for this one.  For my character, most of his skills are not used in a competitive (read: violent or manipulative) manner.  However, I'd be willing to lower some of the others further in order to keep up with the idea you have in mind, Chris.

Hikari

I'm okay with trimming things down to keep the high school theme intact.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Chris Brady

Well, we got three so far, anyone else?

The Great Triangle

I'm willing to have a massive trim down of skills.  Really, the entire problem was a result of me suggestiong a layout of stats that was pretty mediocre in vanilla unisystem but incredibly powerful in cinematic unisystem.  (and my character sheet is a result of adding a bunch of points to a high school character concept anyway)

If you scale back character attributes signifigantly, will you still give us drama points so we have the dignity of causality or is the system sufficiently gentle that average adult humans can actually accomplish things in it?  (given how gimped the majority of systems tend to make the average adult human.)

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

The basic difficulty for any rolled task is a 9.  Which for an adult is a 50/50 proposition.  (2 for attribute + 2 for skill + 5 or higher on the d10)

This isn't White Wolf where you need an 8 or better to actually do anything successful.

Chris Brady

I don't mind an attribute of 4-5, but I would like to have most of the skills within 2-3 range at tops, but most of them at 1 (Remember you CAN bank your points for later use.)

As for our Android, I was thinking on that.  Seraph, would you be averse to having a secondary 'mode'.  Her combat mode?  Her primary is mostly 'human', with human range attributes, but when she needs to, she can bust out the heavy weapons?  Of course, with her current mental condition she wouldn't know how to use it.  Yet.

Crovonovin

I presume that would apply to my character as well?  He is capable of transforming into a Water Dragon at will, though he is currently unaware of his ability to do so.

Chris Brady

*Rereads*  Oh, yes.  And for the record, he's probably had a family member that came from the Kuro World.

Elohim

The Great Triangle

Chris, it's counterproductive to give our characters more points than they can practically use to create high school characters and then expect us to have high school level skills.  Just cut the number of points used in character creation! 

(otherwise supernatural characters are going to TOTALLY kick the asses of the non supernatural characters, and I'm uncomfortable playing in a game where human = victim.)

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

Fair enough.

Alright, let's try this again.  Gimme a sec to check a few things, and I'll redo the point selection.

We cool with that?

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

All fine here.

If possible, could you think of two different point spreads?  For people with characters like myself, who are capable of shifting into a more powerful form.

Like: 

Normal spread:  <number>
Shifted spread: <number+>

Something like that.  Just so we know how to put together our second forms.

Chris Brady

Actually, Shihong, it's going to be a special 'Advantage' you'll have to buy.  A dual form which gives bonuses and penalties depending on your character.

Unishifter

Hi, I'm new around here, and I thought this kind of thread was right up my alley. I saw that you're already pretty much full and that people had to be turned away before, but I figure I have nothing to lose by posting anyway.

Could you, maybe consider taking me in if someone else drops out of the game? I've already got a character concept in mind and everything!

Chris Brady

Sorry for taking so long, been having a back episode and could barely think.

However, because I found the Buffy game book, which answers the 'stat' issue.

OK, due to the relative 'low power' we want to start with, I'm giving everyone 'White Hat' level of capabilities:

15 for Attribures. 10 for Qualities and up to 10 points for Drawbacks and 15 for skills.   Also, you get 20 'Drama points', which can be used as a 'Get out of Jail' or put me in Jail now, but I get something interesting later (Which is your choice of)

Chris Brady

Guess I killed it, huhn?  Guess I took too long.

Oh well.

Cosmo_ac

i don't think it's been killed.  Give it a week and see who responds and then go from their.  I'm still interested, for whats it's worth.  I just need to sit down and redo the stats, thats whats slowing me down a bit.  I mean, that and oher real life stuff.