Black Tokyo Redux [NC-E]

Started by Chris Brady, March 18, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

OK, it's been a while, but as I HATE leaving games and game worlds I design to languish in the dust, I am going to redust this one off.

It'll be a Japanese based world, in a fantasy modern Tokyo, where the world meets another parallel.  Demons and other creatures roam the other. Sometimes one leaks into the other.  The players will be high school students (16-18) who are caught in a conspiracy and how they deal with it.

I want at least two players, but no more than five.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hikari

I'm up for reprising my (titular*) role, or taking a new one if the group dynamic needs to shift.

*Boobs.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Corinthi

I'd be happy to play a brooding member of the Kendo club, perhaps with a dark secret.

Elohim

Is there room for a surprisingly sexy, but nerdy girl?   

Cosmo_ac

i admit, this sounds like it might have potential.  I would love to hear more about the plot.

Crovonovin

I too am intrigued.  I'd love to hear more about the setting or plot, so I can better envision what sort of character would be suitable.

Chris Brady

OK, the set up is that there are two Worlds, both side by side.  Both have the same geography, similar history and even the same people.  But the Other World (Also know as Black, or Kuro, which this is taking place in Tokyo, the other would be Kuro(Black) Tokyo) is home to demons and the like.  However, for the most part, if your counterpart is alive in the other world, one cannot travel between.  Demons can and do (Although the 'real' world is hard for them to exist, which is why they aren't all that common.)

The game will be Non-Con and Exotic.

Now, the players can be one of a few things.  First, you can be a 'normal' student whose 'other' has died, and thus able to cross over (Usually unwillingly.)  The other is being half-'demon' which can be a multitude of several things, from Oni, Vampires, Tengu, Werewolves, Western styled demons, or what have you.  Usually unknowing of your true heritage.  There are exceptions, but they remain out of reach for the beginning of the game.

The other thing I need to know is which of you want to be 'victims' in this game.

As for the plot, you are students in the same school (Preferably the same age so you can all share the same classes), and there's something or someone making girls disappear.  Or so the rumous state, but like most Japanese, the adults are claiming that the students are 'sick'.  Who's next, and why?

This is also going to be a more 'sandbox' type of game, I'm going to need you people to be a little proactive, as in do the typical Anime lead thing and seek out the trouble.

And Seraph...  Would someone like her do?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Elohim

*Grins* Chidori is sexy...

Crovonovin

Well, I must say that my interest is certainly peaked!  Now, when you say "half-demon", I'm still a wee bit hazy.  Would we be the direct product of a demon/human coupling, or a demon that took human form and, due to the difficulty of maintaining themselves in the "real" world, were stuck like that without memory or power?  I would suppose the former, but the latter came to mind and I supposed I'd ask. 

I'm not quite sure I'd be willing to play a victim, as I'm thinking of settling upon a male character.  Still, I wouldn't rule out the possibility, even as a male...

Chris Brady

Quote from: Seraph on March 19, 2009, 12:25:04 AM
*Grins* Chidori is sexy...

Her name is Chihiro Fushimi, actually.  ;D  And she's the one my character Persona 3 is currently chasing.  :)

And Shihong, you don't have to be a 'victim', no one does.  I just need to know if you want your character to be.

One more thing, this game WILL be violent.  Demons are not nice people, but I don't want to go into the 'Extreme' catagory.

Crovonovin

I'm perfectly fine with that.  Mixing demons and non-con, well, I wasn't exactly expecting it to be all sunshine and tea parties!

For the time being I will tentatively state that, if my character is simply human, I would like for him to be a victim.  I'm still contemplating the whole half-demon idea, as Eastern mythology always has so many interesting critters to toy around with...

Chris Brady

All 8 million are available.   ;)

Elohim

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 19, 2009, 12:46:51 AM
Her name is Chihiro Fushimi, actually.  ;D  And she's the one my character Persona 3 is currently chasing.  :)

And Shihong, you don't have to be a 'victim', no one does.  I just need to know if you want your character to be.

One more thing, this game WILL be violent.  Demons are not nice people, but I don't want to go into the 'Extreme' catagory.

Name mistake, haven't played P3 since  I picked up P4... 

Chris Brady

And she looks absolutely STUNNING in P4.

Crovonovin

Just thought I'd post this Wikipedia page.  Quite the extensive list of legendary beasties, for anyone who needs inspiration!  I know I'll be sorting through it for hours...

Chris Brady

Well, I got my five.

The onlt question now is:  Freeform or System?

Corinthi

If we do system, I'd prefer to use the system just for the purposes of guidelines and scaling. For example, we could stat up characters in Tri-Stat or the like just to establish what they would be capable of, then freeform our writing based on those stats.

And while I say Tri-Stat, I just say that because it's the default Anime go-to game. Honestly, high school kids dealing with demons and general badness? Cinematic Unisystem as seen in Buffy would be brilliant.

Cosmo_ac

yes, this game did remind me a bit of persona from the earlier details, and  this deffinitly sounds like it would appeal to me.  I amit i am a little scared at the meantion of it being a system game, but so long as i don't need to do more math thenon my tax forms, i think i should be ok.

Hikari

I like system games, but I can do freeform if that's what we decide on.  As for which system, that doesn't concern me as much; I just like having metrics in place for comparative purposes, even if they're only of a purely relative sort and lack granularity.

Regardless of whether I play Hikari or another character, I'd want to be a victim.  I love demons, and demonically possessed train passengers, and just plain randy high school kids!
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Cosmo_ac

hmm...allow me to amend what i was saying.  I'm cool with a system, and in fact, depending on how the game is supposed to play out, a system might be a good thing.  My biggest concern is getting bogged down with say, combat.  I've seen games take almost a month to resolve a single fight, which can become tedius.

That being said, if a system can be found that is fast and efficiant and doesn't require sitting down with a calculator and pencil everytime a roll is made, then by all means, i say we go for it :D

The arkham horror board game actually has a fairly quick dice pool system, and while i think it should be tweaked a bit, i think it could work well.

Crovonovin

My experience with roleplay thus far has been basically restricted entirely to prose, though I agree that some sort of underlying system would prove useful.  If only to keep track of our various strengths and weaknesses in relationship to one another, and to decide the outcomes of fights.  Any other inter-player interactions could likely be settled through private messages or discussions in the OOC thread.

As for my character, I do believe I've settled on an appropriate "demon".  I've also decided to keep him submissive, and wouldn't mind playing a victim initially, until he actually becomes aware of his mixed ancestry and the abilities that would come along with it.

Corinthi

After giving more thought to my character, I'm thinking he's a blatant ripoff of Mugen from Samurai Champloo, just younger. He's a hip hop listening, break dancing, crude thug with a gift for acrobatic swordplay using a Bokken instead of a sword. He's a glutton and a crook, but was trained by his grandfather to fight demons before the old man's demise. Maybe he's got some demonic blood in him that he doesn't know about. After all, why not fight fire with fire?

The Great Triangle

How many players are we at by now?

Is there room in the game for an androgynous, highly religious, and surprisingly lecherous individual?

(A practitioner of a strange western religion, constantly carrying around what seem like dozens of crosses.  The strange... person is always yelling or mumbling about purity and redemption, and about how the evils of the world are morally instructive.  Nobody can quite tell whether he (she?) is an exorcist or frighteningly openly in league with demons.)

I favor system, by the way, if we're going to eventually be going and fighting directly against the demons.  :)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Hikari

The Great Triangle!  Someone call Pythagoras, quick!

Ahem.  Anyway, Hikari--as she stood in the original game, I might make some adjustments--is the daughter of succubus and a normal human, though she's not aware of that fact; as far as she knows, she's just the product of what could be any other single-parent family in Japan, if obviously of mixed ancestry.

Hikari was a very talented gymnast when she was younger, and there was even talk she might be fit for Japan's Olympic hopefuls, but she hit puberty early, and hit it hard; her figure is now quite a bit too exaggerated in certain ways for her to be seriously competitive as a gymnast, though she's still a star at the local/regional level.  Aside from gymnastics, she participates in a few other extracurricular activities: she's in Fashion Club (which many students now cheekily refer to as 'Cosplay Club' because of her many costume projects on the sewing machines) and a card-carrying member of Anime/Manga Club, though as a mostly-male club she doesn't seem to have much in common with the other members, given her obsession with Shoujo Manga.

Hikari isn't especially bright and is extremely naive; as one would expect, her grades are fairly mediocre, and low enough to be conspicuous by Tokyo standards.  This, combined with her obvious signs of mixed ancestry (hair color and style) and buxom figure, make her a target of quite a bit of bullying by other girls.  There are still a few who like her due to her infectiously cheerful and infallibly polite manner, but she's definitely not part of the 'in' cliques.  Though she's somewhat well-liked by the boys (for obvious reasons), she has a bad reputation as being 'Spacegirl'; essentially, she's impossible to get a date with because she's completely oblivious to the fact boys are trying to come onto her.  There's a running game in some of the junior and senior class crowds as to how blatant a come-on someone can make toward her without her realizing it.

As she is a virgin, her half-succubus nature is currently dormant.  However, once she loses her virginity it will activate, though for the most part it remains latent and uncontrolled: she projects an aura of lust and desire.  This aura is normally fairly mild, causing things people say to seem more suggestive, for instance, and making arousal more sudden and more evident...  but not actually causing people to become attracted to those they normally wouldn't be, or to do things they wouldn't do.  However, the longer she goes without sex, the more desperate this aura becomes: after a few days, it starts to insinuate perverse ideas into anyone nearby, and can cause those with weak-wills to be overcome by a voracious (and rapacious) sexual appetite.  After a week, the effect elevates to a near-compulsion driving anyone in close proximity into a frenzy of lust--though, for it to reach this stage without her being isolated for an entire week is unlikely, for obvious reasons.

This aura is completely out of her hands; she does not realize it exists, and wouldn't be able to activate or deactivate it even if she did.  The aura, notably, does not affect her, and is likely ineffective against other succubi and incubi (not that they need the encouragement).
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Haibane

I'm curious Chris... but are you full now?

The Great Triangle

As far as system goes, if we don't use some kind of derivative of the original Black Tokyo d20 system (possibly having the GM create characters based on the descriptions of the players)  I would recommend using either Tri Stat DX (the cheaper generic alternative to BESM) RISUS, Fudge/Spirit of the Century, or some generic form of ORE or Storyteller.  (A mildly exalted derived system might just be a good way to run a hentai game)

Ons and Offs

Transgirlenstein

I would be interested in this if there is room/its still open :)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Chris Brady

Actually, GT, Haibane, I am full...  But...  I suppose I could squeeze both of you in.  However, that is my max.  No more or the game will degrade.

[Edit]Ah Satyr, sorry dude, didn't see you...  But I can't handle any more.  Sorry, man.  :-(  I hate turning people away.

If I were to use a system (And I am a system gamer first) I am thinking of using Unisystem, Cinematic would be from Angel.  Mainly because BESM 3rd is a bit dense, and 2nd is roll under, which to me causes system issues.  And I'm burnt out on D20.

For those who don't know Unisystem, it is a 'Stat+Skill+1 ten sided die roll, must beat nine'.  The base human stats for everything is 2, as is the average in a skill, so basically the average person needs a 5 or better on a D10.  (2+2+1D10, beat 9)

The game system for the basic engine is free to download here:  http://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/index.html

The Great Triangle

*nods*  So the system baseline essentially works like storyteller, with stats rated between 1 and 5, 2 being average?

Ons and Offs

Hikari

I don't really know Unisystem, but that's not an issue for me beyond character creation.  And I've already got the concept work and everything done, so working it through system gives me something to do?

Sounds fine to me, regardless!
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Corinthi

If anyone needs help statting a character, I'd be happy to help via PMs. Just drop me a line. I've all the books and have run more than a couple campaigns with Buffy/Angel.

The Great Triangle

Also, how dark or light is this game going to be? 

I'm not sure whether I want to play a comedic revolutionary girl utena type character or a dark antihero with a tortured past.

I do know I plan on having much of my character be based on her possession of religious texts from the demon world though. 

Ons and Offs

Cosmo_ac

i might need some help, Corin as the link posted tells me nothing.

The Great Triangle

You're looking for the witchcraft RPG free download.  I'm not sure of how much use the book is, since I'm not sure how much is being used, but the basic system is the one we're using.  :)

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

Quote from: Corinthi on March 19, 2009, 07:26:27 PM
If anyone needs help statting a character, I'd be happy to help via PMs. Just drop me a line. I've all the books and have run more than a couple campaigns with Buffy/Angel.

I think I'll have to take you up on that offer...what sort of information do you need us to send you?  Systems always tend to baffle me...since this'd be my first!  I'll have to look through that downloaded book also.

Cosmo_ac

aha,ok, i think i got it now. Will check it out once it downloads.

Corinthi

If you need help, just PM me a brief description of your character's role, natural aptitudes, and what special skills and weaknesses they might have.

I'll pm back a preliminary character sheet with explanations for everything, and we can tweak if you like.

For example,

Name: Shogo Niida
Role: Breakdancing Demon Slayer
Aptitudes: Highly physically adept and quick. Not too clever or charismatic.
Skills: Dancing, Acrobatics, Athletics, Mad Kung Fu and Sword Skills.
Weaknesses: Impulsive, Aggressive, Enemy of Demons, Hatred of Demons, Horndog.

Chris Brady

Quote from: The Great Triangle on March 19, 2009, 07:07:41 PM
*nods*  So the system baseline essentially works like storyteller, with stats rated between 1 and 5, 2 being average?

Not...  Quite.  1 to 6 is the human range with 6 being Batman level, but the stats can and do go higher for monster types.

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 19, 2009, 08:40:34 PM
Not...  Quite.  1 to 6 is the human range with 6 being Batman level, but the stats can and do go higher for monster types.

Ahh... which character creation guidelines are we going to use?  Can we use material from other unisystem games, like say Angel or All Flesh Must be Eaten?

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

That's a bit of a hang up for me at the moment.  Because first, I would like to use the basic Unisystem, CineUni is too broad for this, but at the same time Angel's monster creation qualities are perfect for this...

The Great Triangle

Well, if I can put in my two cents, I think a character creation system that gave the PCs around 15-18 points for attributes, 20 points for skills, 15 points for qualities, and 10-15 "wildcard" points for supernatural stuff or fleshing out character design would be about reasonable for anime high schoolers. 

But on the other hand, I've just had a lot of trouble with anime based games quickly becoming overpowered, and I like more street level action.  (For my character, I want a high toughness, low willpower, low finesse character with a magic ritual or two and a couple of artifacts from the demon world that she doesn't quite understand.)

Ons and Offs

Corinthi

I /really/ prefer Cinematic Unisystem. I think on a system level, Classic Unisystem is too detailed. Unique skills for each facet of life. I've the same problem with Gurps.

Great Triangle's point spread looks pretty good for High Schoolers Versus the demon world. At least by my eyes.

Hikari

I have no strong feelings either way.  They'd both be alright by me.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Haibane

I'm sorry Chris, I think I'll drop out, I'm not a system gamer at all. Freeform is my thing.

Chris Brady

Cosmo_ac

i don't think it matters a ton as to what system we use, but something i should point out, and this could be just the system i looked at, and i only really gave it a glance, but it does seem that it was set up so that charactors that are mundain would be somewhat compensated for their lack of spiritual/demonic augmentation, usually in the way of stats like strength, dexterity, etc.  I plan on playing a mundain charactor, but i don't want to be too badly knee-capped because of that choice, though i know it will still limit my charactor in certain ways and accept that.

Elohim

Well I really wouldn't think mundane characters will be limited,  perhaps by having their otherworldly self die they're given their own supernatural capabilities.  It does make the game even more personaesque but its could be a way to bridge the gap.

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on March 20, 2009, 12:45:09 PM
i don't think it matters a ton as to what system we use, but something i should point out, and this could be just the system i looked at, and i only really gave it a glance, but it does seem that it was set up so that charactors that are mundain would be somewhat compensated for their lack of spiritual/demonic augmentation, usually in the way of stats like strength, dexterity, etc.  I plan on playing a mundain charactor, but i don't want to be too badly knee-capped because of that choice, though i know it will still limit my charactor in certain ways and accept that.

Really, supernatural qualities don't seem to be THAT big of a deal.  I'm planning on going ahead and taking a couple, but they seem to be priced fairly compared to non supernatural traits given their limitations.  (For example, following the witchcraft rules, if a character uses miracles, she has to spend 10 points on qualities, then 5 points on metaphysics per miracle.  Miracles do enable spectacular things like gaining +5 strength for a scene, but these impressive things are generally only possible once per day, and only in life or death situations.  Compared to mundane qualities, the supernatural could even be a bit overpriced.)

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

Welp, I'm thinking of using Angel, I have the PDF (I used to own the book before I moved, of course it was the first thing I lost) so it makes it easiest for me to use, rather than Witchcraft, which is admittedly more granular.

Transgirlenstein

If its system I think I will bow out.  Sorry.

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Chris Brady

Aw, OK.  :-( Anyone else?

Crovonovin

I'm not experienced with systems, but as long as it's simple enough for a scatterbrain like myself to work with, I don't really mind.  This idea is way too interesting for me to give up on.  I do think we should actually settle firmly upon a system as soon as possible though so this can get underway.  Otherwise things will stagnate and interest will wane, and I really want to see this get off the ground.

Chris Brady

Cinematic Unisystem, with Angel as the main rule book.  That's what I'm using.

Crovonovin

Well, so long as Corinthi is able to help out with setting up my character, I don't see any problems there!  Thank goodness for nice people...  I'll do my best to keep up!

Chris Brady

Well, I have the book too, so if anyone needs help...  I'm here as well.

Cosmo_ac

ok,was it cinematic system that was posted?  Just need to know what we're working with.

Chris Brady

No, it was Classic Uni.  If I have to, I can 'lend' my copy to people, but what you do with it after you're done is your resposibility.

Cosmo_ac

well, i might need to burrow a copy, depending on what your talking about.  Or i could just give you an idea of my charactor, though that would probably only help with stats  and not nesesarily skills and such.

Chris Brady

The Great Triangle

Here's my character statted up as a investigator character:

Name: Yoshida "Judas" Takehiko

Birthplace: Yonabaru, Okinawa
Height: 175 centimeters
Weight: 66 Kilograms
Hair: Bleach blond, shoulder length
Eyes: Blue contact lenses
Skin: Fairly dark, with many scars

Attributes:

Str: 5
Dex: 5
Con: 6
Int: 5
Per: 2
Wil: 1

Life: 66

Skills:

Acrobatics 5
Computer 1
Crime    2
Doctor   1
Getting Medieval 5
Influence   2
Knowledge  1
Kung Fu    3
Languages  1
Notice 3
Occultism 4

Qualities:

Attractiveness 2pts.
Hard to Kill   4pts.
Nerves of Steel  3pts.
Occult Library (bible black) 1pt.
Enchanted Item (demon chain) 8pts. (indestructable, deals  7x strength damage)
Natural Toughness  2pts.
Fast Reaction Time 2pts.
Good Luck 4pts.

(6)

Drawbacks:

Addiction; tobacco 1pt.
Cruel               2pts. 
Honorable          2pts.
Screwed-up Adolescent 4pts.
Curse (stigmata)    1pt.  (Whenever she enters a particularly stressful situation, wounds on her palms, ankles, and forehead open up, causing 1 point of damage and potentially inflicting social penalties.  Whenever she has vaginal sex, she bleeds as if her hymen was broken, causing 1d6 damage)

Spells Known:

Open Portal; Level 5 (Requires a complex ritual at a site where the barriers between the human world and the demon world are weak.  The ritual requires either a hymen to be broken, or the spilling of 20 life points worth of blood.)

Exorcism; Level 2  (Requires the subject to be bound and subjected to sadomasochistic rites, moving the subject closer to orgasm as the ritual continues.  If the demon is successfully expelled, the subject orgasms at the same time, expelling the demon, which is then free to act.)

Rod of the Lillim; Level 2 (Custom spell; requires orgiastic sex sufficient to fill a goblet with cum.  (either male or female)  Drinking the goblet causes the ritualist to grow a penis for 1 day per success level.  If the subject already has a penis, he gains another one.)

Background: From the day of her birth, Takehiko never had it easy.  Her father desperately wanted a son, and was completely devastated when his wife died after childbirth, leaving Takehiko alone.  The next few years weren't kind to her, as her father maintained a cold distance from his daughter, as if he blamed her for the death of her mother.  Things went from bad to worse shortly after Takehiko turned 8, when her father was laid off, and took to drinking to deal with his pain. 

6 years later, the body an unemployed middle aged man named Yoshida Akira washed up on the beach, nearly all of his bones broken, his body covered in horrible wounds.  Not long after this, a family of foreigners in Tokyo adopted a ward of the state; a boy named named Yoshida Takehiko.  Their ways were strange, and they practiced an odd religion of the west.  (Or possibly the demon world, on balance.)  Takehiko became a juvenile delinquent, getting into fights almost constantly, much to the distress of her foster family.  Yet, as she got into more and more trouble, she eventually softened to the teachings of her adopted family, as her relationship with her stepbrother intensified. 

Takehiko remained a violent girl at her very core, dressing as a boy and perpetrating violence in the alleys of Tokyo.  Slowly, he drew his brother into his world, getting into a great deal of trouble, more often with the Yakuza, and even stranger things hiding in the shadows than they did with the police.  And so, Takehiko's brother shared with him the bible black, a book of rituals sacred to the demon world. 

Since begining a practice of the rituals of the bible black, Takehiko has grown considerably more interested in his studies, getting into a remarkably good high school.  He's known to everyone as a badass, and wears his uniform in a disrespectfully sloppy manner.  Underneath the sleeves of his uniform, he wears a pair of leather cuffs, tightly strapped onto his wrists.  A like pair of cuffs adorns his ankles.  After school hours, he wears a leather trenchcoat, with a massive chain draped over the back of his neck.  The chain is a relic from the demon world, something his brother frequently binds him with, and a souvenir of his occasional trips to the dark world. 

Despite having traveled to the demon world, Takehiko  hasn't actually seen a demon, having mostly been in storage units, or occasionally blindfolded, bound, and gagged.  He's a slight sexual predator, needing many sexual partners to carry out his rituals, and get insight on the strange ravings of the bible black. 

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

Figure I'll post mine up too!  Thanks again for the help with this, Corinthi.  (Stats in parenthesis are applicable only when shapeshifted)

Name: Ikegami Izumi
Species: Human/Nix
Height: 6'4" (9.144 Meters Long, 1.8288 Meters Diameter)
Weight: 148 lbs (12,000 lbs)
Facial Features:

Life Points: 34
Drama Points: 20

Attributes:
Strength 3            Intelligence 4
Dexterity 3                    Perception 4
Constitution 3            Willpower 4

Qualities:
Artist 2pts
Attractive +3
Resources (Well Off) 2pts
Hypnosis (Look Into My Eyes, Requires Playing a Musical Instrument) 4pts
Emotional Influence (Requires Playing a Musical Instrument) 2pts

Drawbacks (9):
Easily Flustered: 1pt
Teenager 2pts
Honorable 1pt
Secret (Half-Demon, Deadly) 3pts
Dual Shape (Human and Water Serpent) 1pt

Skills :
Art: 5  - Master Musician
Influence: 4 - He's a real charmer.
Knowledge: 2 - Pretty good student/book learning.
Sports: 4 - Excellent Swimmer/Athlete.

Personality: Izumi is a particularly strange character.  Those that speak to him on a regular basis note the peculiar sort of charm that he wields, despite the oddball American influences in his dress and appearance.  He addresses everyone with formal titles, including his own peers and those younger than him.  Depending on the situation, Izumi may be soft-spoken and calm or wildly eccentric, speaking with a sort of infectious glee reminiscent of a child in a candy shop.  The boy has a habit of treating everyone as though he were close friends with them, with very mixed results. 

Though his physical charm, verbosity, and above average grades seem more than enough to make him a somewhat popular figure in the school, it is his musical talents that have drawn most people to his side.  He is never seen without a violin case at his side, and frequently sits in the hallways between classes in order to play.  The sounds he produces border on the unreal, and from the reaction of the student body one would be quick to liken it to a siren's call; teachers and students alike are often drawn out of classrooms just to hear him play.  As of late however, he has been reprimanded and told explicitly to find more private locations in which to practice.  Though admittedly brilliant, the distraction has caused many a student to be habitually late to class, leading to some rather unfortunate grades.

When he isn't in class or weaving tunes from his fiddle, Izumi generally spends his off-hours in one of the Cooking rooms.  Regretfully, his talent here ranges somewhere in the negatives.  His cooking is so nauseatingly abysmal that it borders on the supernatural; on one occasion he managed to freeze a turkey with an oven, and has even managed to turn a pot of soup into ash.  Nevertheless, it is one of his few joys, and the depths of his failure as a chef are only matched by the depths of his enthusiasm. 

Izumi carries around a belt filled with bottles of spring water constantly, which he gradually drains throughout the day.  Oddly enough, he is never seen using the bathroom.  On any occasion where water is not readily available, the boy appears to be intensely uncomfortable.  Though he has professed to be a rather good swimmer, he has refrained from joining the swim team, stating that the chlorine irritates his skin.

Chris Brady

Crovonovin

Oh goodness, I'm sorry to hear that you're in such pain!  Here's to a speedy recovery!

Transgirlenstein

Great Triangle's character almost makes me want to come back to this.  Problem is I don't own the Angel book at all nor know the system

Crovonovin

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 23, 2009, 07:19:38 AM
Great Triangle's character almost makes me want to come back to this.  Problem is I don't own the Angel book at all nor know the system

Well don't let that stop you!  I'm in the same boat, but there are plenty of generous and knowledgeable people here that are willing to help out.  I can't say I'm not a wee bit intimidated, but the learning stretch just makes things more interesting!

The Great Triangle

Creating a character in Unisystem really isn't very complicated.  I'll give a comprehensive explanation.

The first thing you do to create a character is determine whether you want your character to be an Investigator type or a Champion type.  Investigators are essentially normal humans pulled into extraordinary situations, and are a lot more favored by luck.  (they get more drama points)  Champions are extraordinary beings, quite often not even human.  They're people like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Inuyasha, and that vampire wanker from twilight.

Champions can get the spotlight more easily, but Investigators have the advantage of being almost certain to succeed when they would like to.  (rather than having to save their drama points for special occasions)

Characters have four main areas in which they develop other than their drama points.  The first is attribute points, the character's basic level of talent, similar to the ability scores in D&D.  (Identical, in fact, except that the charisma stat is removed and wisdom is split up into perception and willpower) 

Attributes, for humans, have a rating between 1 and 6, though 5 is the practical limit of human potential.  Raising an attribute from 1 to 5 costs only 1 point per level, while raising an attribute to level 6 costs 3 points.  If you're a supernatural creature who gets bonuses to your attributes, those bonuses are applied after you buy your attributes, so you don't have to worry about paying extra if you're playing something unusual.

The second is qualities, which are aspects of the character that define him or her.  Aspects can include things like being a nerd, having really fast reflexes, and iron will, or being a half demon who can chuck fireballs around.  Champions receive substantially more points to spend on qualities.

The third is drawbacks, flaws which your character has.  A player may take up to 10 points of drawbacks, and each of them limit a character in some way, or create a threat to the character's safety.  (such as the secret drawback)  Drawbacks range from the trivial (mild lechery, 1 point) to the utterly crippling (quadriplegic, 8 points)

Finally, characters have skills, the talents and abilities which help them do things in general.  Both Investigators and Champions receive a generous portion of skill points, though champions receive slightly more.  Skills are notable in that they can be raised above level 5 indefinitely, at a cost of 3 points per rank.  This can result in some frighteningly skilled characters down the line. 

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

How the Points Add Up:

18 points for Attributes
20 points for Qualities
Up to 10 Drawback Points
20 Points for Skills
15 "Wildcard" Points (can be placed anywhere like drawback points)

List of Attributes:

Strength
Dexterity
Stamina
Intelligence
Perception
Will

List of qualities:

Acute Senses
Artist
Athlete
Attractiveness
Braniac
Commando
Contacts
Criminal
Demon/Half Demon
Demon Hunter
Eidetic Memory
Empathy
Enchanted/Superscience Item
Fast Reaction Time
Good Luck
Hard to Kill
Natural Toughness
Nerves of Steel
Occult Investigator
Occult Lubrary
Psychic Visions
Resistance
Resources
Robot
Situational Awareness
Slayer
Vampire
Werewolf

List of Drawbacks:

Addiction
Adversary
Bad Luck
Clown
Covetous
Curse
Dependent (someone who needs you)
Emotional Problems
Honorable
Humorless
Impaired Senses
Love
Mental Problems
Minority
Obligation
Outcast
Physical Disability
Recurring Nightmares
Screwed-up Adolescent
Secret
Talentless
Teenager  (EVERYONE in this game qualifies for this flaw)

Qualities Appropriate only to supernatural characters:

Emotional Influence
Enhanced Attribute
Hypnosis
Immortal
Increased Life Points
Invisible
Iron Mind
Natural Armor
Natural Weapon
Psychometry
Pyrokinesis
Reduced Damage
Regeneration
Supernatural Attack
Supernatural Senses
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Unique Kill (can only be killed in a specific way)

Drawbacks Appropriate only to Supernatural Characters

Antisocial Impulses
Limited Use Power
Reduced Attribute
Supernatural Form
Uncontrollable Power
Vulnerability

List of Skills:

Acrobatics
Art
Computers
Crime
Doctor
Driving
Getting Medieval (melee weapons and crossbows)
Gun Fu
Influence (socialization)
Knowledge
Kung Fu
Languages
Mr. Fix-It
Notice
Occultism
Science
Sports
Wild Card (other)

Ons and Offs

Cosmo_ac

are we using the investigator/champion classes?  I thought we were using the points that you had put out earlier.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on March 23, 2009, 03:43:48 PM
are we using the investigator/champion classes?  I thought we were using the points that you had put out earlier.

That was my understanding.

Corinthi

Chris,

Could you be a bit more clear about what you want with character creation? I'm having trouble deducing what you actually desire.

Are we using character creation as per the Angel Corebook, or did you have a different spread of points in mind. If we're using a different spread, which is fine, will you post exactly what that spread is? I'll tweak my sheet and help Shihong tweak his accordingly.

Thanks.

Chris Brady

Fair enough.

I'm liking this suggestion, so I'm using it as my baseline.

Quote from: The Great Triangle on March 19, 2009, 09:11:58 PM
Well, if I can put in my two cents, I think a character creation system that gave the PCs around 15-18 points for attributes, 20 points for skills, 15 points for qualities, and 10-15 "wildcard" points for supernatural stuff or fleshing out character design would be about reasonable for anime high schoolers.

And yes, everyone should take the Teenager flaw.

Cosmo_ac

ok, now what/how exactly do the "wild card" points get used? Like,can we use them anywhere or do they go for a specific set of qualities/skills/whatever?

Chris Brady

Yes.  Or you could save them for when the time comes to give your character a change or two.

Corinthi

Gotcha. Really, that point spread is only 2-5 overall points less than the default Champion build, so it should be easy to trim a few points. I'll PM you a new character sheet, or post it in thread if you like.

Chris Brady

Transgirlenstein

II'll think on and try to write up a character :)

Elohim

Name:            Megumi Kajitani
Desigination:    Shield Maiden 000000001
Point of origin: Tokyo   
Apparent Age:    16
Height:          5'10
Weight:          140
Hair:            Brown
Eyes:            Brown
Skin:            Light complexion
Race:            Gynoid (Experimental Supernatural Defence Unit)

Attributes:

Str:  8  (believed 2)
Dex:  7  (believed 2)
Con:  7  (believed 2)
Int:  4
Per:  2
Wil:  4

Life:   

Essence:

Skills
Kung Fu 4*
Energy weapons 3* (Linked with supernatural attack) 
Mz Fixit      3
Science       4
Occult        2 ^
Language      2 (English)
computers     4
Acrobatics    2
Driving       1

*Believed to b Zero
^Believed to be One

Qualities (15):

Photographic Memory (3)
Robot               (7)
Attractive          (2)
Resources           (1)
Nerd                (2)

Wild Card
Supernatural attack (Distance level 2) 12
Increased life points  (3)
Immortal               (o)

Drawback points  (10)
Natural armor    3
Natural weapon   2  (Energy blades)
+ 2 streangth
+ 2 Dex
+ 2 Con

Drawbacks:
Secrets    (2)        Machine
Cowardice  (2) 
Adversary   (3)        Enemy that managed to damage to the point of a hard reset
Outcast    (3)

*Has no knowledge of any supernatural traits

Megumi is a prototype model, created by a splinter cell in the government that concerned themselves with supernatural threats.  She was meant as a front line fighter, capable of sparing human life if direct combat ever became necessary between the dark things that lurked beneath the surface of the world and humanity.  Initial testing, proved that the machine was more then capable of acting as a warrior on par with the very beasts she was designed to fight.  Unfortunately,  other forces had already heard of the being that was being created to act as they're bane, and they preempted to project.  The prototype peice of machinery, managed to fight off the horde to the best of her incomplete abilities,  but was eventually brought low by a demonic creature.  It believed that it destroyed the girl,  and it and its companions laid waste to the area... 

Megumi would eventually pull herself out of the wreckage, most of her memory wiped from the conflict and began wandering the city alone.  She was eventually discovered,  and given Jane Doe status.  No one came for her, and she was eventually adopted by a family who didn't realize that the girl was a walking weapon.  So, she lives her life as your typical high school student, not realizing that a demon will be hot on her trail at her rediscovery, not to mention the organization that created her may want their toy back,  to restart the program.

Sorry if this has an overly anime feel!

Chris Brady

OK, Megumi works, except for a few points.

First, if she's supposed to be modelled after an 'Anime Girl' she's WAY too tall.  Most anime leads tend to be under the average American heights, like less than 5' 5" for girls, and under 5' 9" for boys.  Most villainesses are over, because they are evil and thus must be imposing.  Also she's pretty unperceptive for a combat machine, with no built in or extra sensor systems.  Third, there are TWO universes, the one we all know about (What I'll call the Real World) which has no demons, no monsters on any sort of wide scale, the other where she'd be from (Because there is a higher level of tech, because Demons are known to exist by the important types, like Government officials and Military) is known as Black, of which the city of Tokyo is known as Black Tokyo for those in the know.

Elohim

I'll go back to the drawing board as the concept works better as a human created machine over a demonic one. 

Chris Brady

Wait.  There ARE humans in the Black World.  In fact, they're the SAME humans in the Real World.  The only time people can cross over (Unless they aren't fully human) is when their counterpart, their 'twin' dies for some reason.

So Megumi CAN still be human made, it's just she's not from the Real World.

Elohim

Alright, thanks,  I'll make the changes.

Elohim

Name:            Megumi Kajitani
Desigination:    Shield Maiden 000000001
Point of origin: Tokyo   
Apparent Age:    16
Height:          5'5
Weight:          104
Hair:            Brown
Eyes:            Brown
Skin:            Light complexion
Race:            Gynoid (Experimental Supernatural Defence Unit)

Attributes:

Str:  8  (believed 2)
Dex:  6  (believed 2)
Con:  7  (believed 2)
Int:  4
Per:  4
Wil:  4

Life:   

Essence:

Skills
Kung Fu 4*
Energy weapons 3* (Linked with supernatural attack)
Mz Fixit      3
Science       4
Occult        2 ^
Language      2 (English)
computers     4
Acrobatics    2
Driving       1

*Believed to b Zero
^Believed to be One

Qualities (15):

Photographic Memory (3)
Robot               (7)
Attractive          (2)
Resources           (1)
Nerd                (2)

Wild Card
Supernatural attack (Distance level 2) 12
Increased life points  (2)
Immortal               (o)
+1 Per
Supernatural sense     (1)

Drawback points  (10)
Natural armor    2
Natural weapon   2  (Energy blades)
+ 2 streangth
+ 1 Dex
+ 2 Con
+ 1 Per

Drawbacks:
Secrets    (2)        Machine
Cowardice  (2)
Adversary   (3)        Enemy that managed to damage to the point of a hard reset
Outcast    (3)

The Great Triangle

Are my character's revised (batman like) stats acceptable? 

QuoteName: Yoshida "Judas" Takehiko

Birthplace: Yonabaru, Okinawa
Height: 175 centimeters
Weight: 66 Kilograms
Hair: Bleach blond, shoulder length
Eyes: Blue contact lenses
Skin: Fairly dark, with many scars

Attributes:

Str: 5
Dex: 5
Con: 6
Int: 5
Per: 2
Wil: 1

(26/18, 8 freebie points spent)

Life: 66

Skills:

Acrobatics 5
Computer 1
Crime    2
Doctor   1
Getting Medieval 5
Influence   2
Kung Fu    3
Languages 2
Notice 3
Occultism 4
Wilcard Skill: Bondage 4

Qualities:

Attractiveness 2pts.
Hard to Kill   4pts.
Nerves of Steel  3pts.
Occult Library (bible black) 1pt.
Enchanted Item (demon chain) 8pts. (indestructable, deals  7x strength damage)
Natural Toughness  2pts.

(22/15, 15 freebie points spent, 10 drawback points spent)

Drawbacks:

Addiction; tobacco 1pt.
Cruel               2pts.
Honorable          2pts.
Screwed-up Adolescent 4pts.
Curse (stigmata)    1pt.  (Whenever she enters a particularly stressful situation, wounds on her palms, ankles, and forehead open up, causing 1 point of damage and potentially inflicting social penalties.  Whenever she has vaginal sex, she bleeds as if her hymen was broken, causing 1d6 damage)

Spells Known:

Open Portal; Level 5 (Requires a complex ritual at a site where the barriers between the human world and the demon world are weak.  The ritual requires either a hymen to be broken, or the spilling of 20 life points worth of blood.)

Exorcism; Level 2  (Requires the subject to be bound and subjected to sadomasochistic rites, moving the subject closer to orgasm as the ritual continues.  If the demon is successfully expelled, the subject orgasms at the same time, expelling the demon, which is then free to act.)

Rod of the Lillim; Level 2 (Custom spell; requires orgiastic sex sufficient to fill a goblet with cum.  (either male or female)  Drinking the goblet causes the ritualist to grow a penis for 1 day per success level.  If the subject already has a penis, he gains another one.)

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

Alright, I updated my sheet.  Should be fine now!

Hikari

What limit are we using for Drawbacks?
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Crovonovin

Quote from: Hikari on March 28, 2009, 01:48:09 PM
What limit are we using for Drawbacks?

A max of ten points, I believe.

Hikari

Name: Koga Hikari

Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 103 lbs.
Hair: Strawberry blonde, straying toward pinkish red; long, slightly curled.
Eyes: Green.
Skin: Milky white.

Attributes:
Strength 4
Dexterity 6
Constitution 6
Intelligence 2
Perception 2
Willpower 1

Life Points 85

Qualities: (10 Drawback Points Spent)
Athlete (4)
Attractiveness (5)
Half-Demon (4)
   Emotional Influence, Lust -3 (5)
      Uncontrollable Power (-5)
   Anti(Pro?)-Social Impulses, Nymphomania (-1)
   Increased Life Points +20 (2)
   Regeneration (1)
   Supernatural Form, Cosplay Fantasia (1)
      Attractiveness +2
Resist Pain Level 3 (3)
Natural Toughness (2)
Fast Reaction Time (2)
Hard to Kill Level 5 (5)

Drawbacks: (10 Drawback Points Gained)
Easily Flustered (-1)
Honorable (-2)
Outcast, Inattentive (-3)
Secret, Half-Demon (-1)
Teenager (-2)
Adversary, Yuki (-1)

Skills: (15 Wildcard Points Spent)
Acrobatics 8
Art 5
Influence 5
Knowledge 3
Kung Fu 5
Notice 1
Sports 4
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Transgirlenstein

Still thinking on a character, haven't thought of anything yet though I am afraid :/

The Great Triangle

We've got an android, a lolita girl, a mysterious foreign exchange student, and a token human.  (sort of) 

That leaves room for the talking animal mascot character, the hyper athletic cool girl, the manipulative and implicitly sadomasochistic psycho character, and the catgirl.  (Which can be combined with the talking animal mascot.) 

Any of those roles should fill out an anime ensemble.

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

OK, I'm going to have to change the focus a bit. ;D

THis is a little more powered than I had in mind, but I'm flexible.

The Great Triangle

Technically, it's partially my fault, since I based the point spread for the game on regular unisystem instead of cinematic unisystem, which lead to unexpectedly powerful characters.   :-)

But that just means we're doing Melancholy of Haruhi or Full Metal Panic instead of Azumanga Daioh or Fruits Basket.

Ons and Offs

Cosmo_ac

my charactor will be a normal human, or at least normal in the sense he would have any special powers.  He should be up in a day or two, depending on how things go.

Chris Brady

Alright, guys, gimme a few here, because given the characters, I'll need to change a few things on the general setting and idea.

Cosmo_ac

ok, i think i have a rough here.

Name: Sho Oda

Birthplace: Tokyo
Height: 5’9
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Grey hair, short cut
Eyes: Grey
Skin: Light skin

Attributes: 18 =18

Str: 4 (+1) 5
Dex:  3 (+1) 4
Con:  4 (+1) 5
Int:  3 (-1) 2
Per:  2
Wil: 2

Life:

Qualities: 20 =4+2+2+3+2+3
Athlete 1
Fast Reaction Time 1
Natural toughness 1
Nerves of steel 1
Resistance-Pain 2
Attractiveness 3
Hard to Kill 4
Luck 3

Drawbacks: +5
Smoking & Casual Drinking 1
Humorless 1
Honor 1
Teenager 2

Qualities:15
Acrobatics 5
Kung-Fu 6
Sports 2

Bio:  Sho has been into sports a good portion of his life.  The only real reason for this, is aside from the fact it was something he was the best in, was that he knew that being the best at sports would get him out of his current life.

Sho is the single son of his mother and father.  Sho’s father was an alcoholic, and regularly beat his mother and Sho until Sho was strong enough to physically evict his father at age 16.  Since then, Sho and his mother have lived on their own.

Sho’s mother works full time, so Sho has had to learn to be self reliant, though that was something he learned at an early age do to a missing father figure, his dad hardly an ideal role model.  When Sho was young however, he picked up boxing.  His coach, an old boxing pro, in many ways filled the gap his father left, and Sho devoted himself to the sport.

18 years old now, Sho is the captain of the high school boxing team, and is a potential Olympic hopeful for Japan.  Sho plan’s on using this as a means of getting a good education, and hopefully being able to find a job where he will earn enough to help take care of his mother.  Because of this, Sho devotes almost all of his spare time to training. 

Char Pic: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/348561/highres-persona-persona_3-sanada_akihiko-scan

Chris Brady

The game is still happening, FYI.  It's just I'm hurting real bad at the moment, and I can't really think straight.

Crovonovin

Take your time.  We can certainly wait.

Thorn14

I had no idea this game was going on, but it seems awesome!

Uhm...would one more player be okay? Or at least can I make a sheet just in case?

I was thinking a demon hunter :)

Thorn14

I was thinking someone who's twin was actually a bad person who died. But she grew up as part of a family who knew about demons and the occult.

She's just gotten on her own (but is also told to go to school finally, and has no idea how society works, more about black tokyo society)

So she's trying to prove herself to her family, while also trying to fit into the school.

Chris Brady

Two things.  First, there are more supernatural types than expect, second, you guys are at the very top of your fields.  Human average is two, most of you have fives, which makes you masters at your selected skills.

So...  I was thinking of droppig the "Real World", and just focusing on Kuro Tokyo, and secondly, bumping you guys out of High School.

Crovonovin

So long as my character still wouldn't know that he's a supernatural being from the get go, I'm fine with any setting.

Thorn14

I think we are following the Hero thing which gives about 20 for attributes.

I personally was hoping for the high school thing though. It helps my character's background out of being a kind of social outcast.

Thorn14

Name: None Yet

Birthplace: None Yet
Height: Not Sure
Weight: Not Sure
Hair: Dark Green, cut to slightly below ears.
Eyes: Light Green
Skin: Tannish

Attributes:
STR 5
DEX 4
CON 4
INT 3
PER 4
WIL 3

Life: Not sure how to calculate

Skills:
Getting Medieval 7 (6+1 from Demon Hunter)
Acrobatics 2
Notice 1
Occultism 3 (2+1 from Demon Hunter)
Kung Fu 4 (3+1 from demon hunter)
Language 1 (Old Latin)
Computers 1
Knowledge 2

Qualities:
Demon Hunter 4pts
Enchanted Weapon 6pts level 3 (What kind of bonuses can I give it?)  Big Ass Sword
Attractiveness 2pts
Enchanted Armor 2pts (level 1) (Same as bonuses here) Enchanted breastplate
Fast Reaction Time 1pt
Contacts 2pt

Drawbacks:
Adversery (Succubi who knew her evil twin version)
Mental Problem(Recklessness) -1
Teenager -2
Obligation -1 (Demon Hunting)
Mild Delusion (all supernaturals are evil)

Background coming up soon.

Lemme know what is blatently wrong :)

Edit: Made her a bit more normal, with contacts as some of her friends. And Knowledge and Computers as some hobbies.

The Great Triangle

Personally I'd much rather lower the power level to high school level than reset the setting, unless I've got an opportunity to redesign my character out of a high school setting and into a street level superheroes setting.  (which works for me)

Ons and Offs

Thorn14

If you set how high are attributes should be then I wouldnt mind as well.

Chris Brady

OK.  Seeing as my spine is in a better place, (It's in a jar.  On my desk.) let's try this again.

As I stated, the average human ADULT will have 2 and 3 in either attribute and skill, remember this game ADDS them together and you add a d10 roll to it.  Most of you are masters at your various fields, now I don't mind having a few skills that high, or attributes (Some of you are special creatures) but as it stands, most of you are much more powerful than I intended.

Not that this is an issue, I can change the scope and focus of the game, but it's up to you guys if you want that.

Cosmo_ac

i'd rather bump the skills and stats down and keep the original setting/idea, personally.

Chris Brady

Alright.  Anyone else?

Crovonovin

I'd prefer if the setting were kept intact for this one.  For my character, most of his skills are not used in a competitive (read: violent or manipulative) manner.  However, I'd be willing to lower some of the others further in order to keep up with the idea you have in mind, Chris.

Hikari

I'm okay with trimming things down to keep the high school theme intact.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Chris Brady

Well, we got three so far, anyone else?

The Great Triangle

I'm willing to have a massive trim down of skills.  Really, the entire problem was a result of me suggestiong a layout of stats that was pretty mediocre in vanilla unisystem but incredibly powerful in cinematic unisystem.  (and my character sheet is a result of adding a bunch of points to a high school character concept anyway)

If you scale back character attributes signifigantly, will you still give us drama points so we have the dignity of causality or is the system sufficiently gentle that average adult humans can actually accomplish things in it?  (given how gimped the majority of systems tend to make the average adult human.)

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

The basic difficulty for any rolled task is a 9.  Which for an adult is a 50/50 proposition.  (2 for attribute + 2 for skill + 5 or higher on the d10)

This isn't White Wolf where you need an 8 or better to actually do anything successful.

Chris Brady

I don't mind an attribute of 4-5, but I would like to have most of the skills within 2-3 range at tops, but most of them at 1 (Remember you CAN bank your points for later use.)

As for our Android, I was thinking on that.  Seraph, would you be averse to having a secondary 'mode'.  Her combat mode?  Her primary is mostly 'human', with human range attributes, but when she needs to, she can bust out the heavy weapons?  Of course, with her current mental condition she wouldn't know how to use it.  Yet.

Crovonovin

I presume that would apply to my character as well?  He is capable of transforming into a Water Dragon at will, though he is currently unaware of his ability to do so.

Chris Brady

*Rereads*  Oh, yes.  And for the record, he's probably had a family member that came from the Kuro World.

Elohim

The Great Triangle

Chris, it's counterproductive to give our characters more points than they can practically use to create high school characters and then expect us to have high school level skills.  Just cut the number of points used in character creation! 

(otherwise supernatural characters are going to TOTALLY kick the asses of the non supernatural characters, and I'm uncomfortable playing in a game where human = victim.)

Ons and Offs

Chris Brady

Fair enough.

Alright, let's try this again.  Gimme a sec to check a few things, and I'll redo the point selection.

We cool with that?

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

All fine here.

If possible, could you think of two different point spreads?  For people with characters like myself, who are capable of shifting into a more powerful form.

Like: 

Normal spread:  <number>
Shifted spread: <number+>

Something like that.  Just so we know how to put together our second forms.

Chris Brady

Actually, Shihong, it's going to be a special 'Advantage' you'll have to buy.  A dual form which gives bonuses and penalties depending on your character.

Unishifter

Hi, I'm new around here, and I thought this kind of thread was right up my alley. I saw that you're already pretty much full and that people had to be turned away before, but I figure I have nothing to lose by posting anyway.

Could you, maybe consider taking me in if someone else drops out of the game? I've already got a character concept in mind and everything!

Chris Brady

Sorry for taking so long, been having a back episode and could barely think.

However, because I found the Buffy game book, which answers the 'stat' issue.

OK, due to the relative 'low power' we want to start with, I'm giving everyone 'White Hat' level of capabilities:

15 for Attribures. 10 for Qualities and up to 10 points for Drawbacks and 15 for skills.   Also, you get 20 'Drama points', which can be used as a 'Get out of Jail' or put me in Jail now, but I get something interesting later (Which is your choice of)

Chris Brady

Guess I killed it, huhn?  Guess I took too long.

Oh well.

Cosmo_ac

i don't think it's been killed.  Give it a week and see who responds and then go from their.  I'm still interested, for whats it's worth.  I just need to sit down and redo the stats, thats whats slowing me down a bit.  I mean, that and oher real life stuff.

Crovonovin

I'm still interested as well.  I've just been really busy as of late.  I'll get around to reworking the character sheet soon.

Chris Brady

Ah, OK.  Well, I got worried with the lack of response, is all.  Good to know that people are interested.  :)

Elohim

Sorry I was having computer problems,  I'll see what I can do

Chris Brady

Seraph, mind JUST making the unpowered state?  And then telling me what you'd want when she does power up?  Oh, and leave some Quality and Drawback points available?  :)

Same applies to anyone else with a second more powerful form.

Hikari

I'll see what I can do about restating.  Just hard to find a minute lately since I'm in the middle of moving back to the East Coast.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Elohim

Crovonovin

Alright, I fixed it up a bit.  Leaving the alternate form blank for now.

Chris Brady

All right, I think I'll start the game now.  I'm going to start a couple of threads, and set it up for you people.  :)

Crovonovin

Awesome!  Let us know when they're all up!

Chris Brady