Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

The X-Men are a band of mutant terrorists who will not rest until the whole of humanity is under their heel... or so says the media.  Some give a different take, however.  Some think they are trying to do the best they can to protect a world that hates and fears them from mutants who would try and subjugate mankind.  The X-Men themselves would say that the latter is the truth, but more than that they are a family.  Banded together from all over the world at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, nestled in Westchester County in upstate New York, the X-Men train every day to ensure that they have control over their powers so that not only are they not the danger to society that many think they are, but so they can effectively face the threats to themselves and to humanity that comes as part of being superheroes.

This game will be freeform and will involve players having the opportunity to play either canon X-Men characters or original mutants who are either already X-Men or new students hoping to master their nascent mutant abilities.  Feel free to come up with anything you'd like, but remember, too many powers and you might not get approved.  That said, I'm not looking for characters who are barely superhuman.  Y'all are superheroes, or at least superheroes in training.  I want you to be super.  Note, if the character in question is obviously more powerful than any of the canon X-Men, he or she probably won't be approved.  Magneto and Juggernaut are very powerful, but they're also villains.  Heroes have to band together to take out threats like them. 

Setting will be modern, though in terms of the team and canon events having taken place, we're using the X-Men from the mid 90s... Jim Lee/Chris Claremont era.  If you've read the comics, think around the time of X-Men (as opposed to Uncanny X-Men)#1.  The X-Men are all living fairly peacefully at the mansion under the watchful eye of Professor X and the two field leaders, Storm and Cyclops.  This is most definitely a game based on the 616 (mainstream) comics, rather than the movies.  A few notes...

-Wolverine still has the adamantium.  Magneto never ripped it out of him.

-Angel is still Archangel.  He still has his deadly metal wings, though his personality is very much a happier one rather than dark and brooding if you choose to RP that (to anyone who wishes to play him).

-Jean and Cyclops are engaged (if the players so wish) or not, depending on what those players desire.  Heck, if they want, they could both be single.

-No Phoenix Force attached to Jean or Rachel.  The Phoenix left Earth when it's clone body of Jean died on the moon.

-Rogue permanently has Ms Marvel's old powers.

-Professor X had his legs fixed by Lilandra's people a couple years back, but when he returned and had to face the Shadow King, his legs were once again crushed.

-Characters like Kitty Pryde and Jubilee are at least 16 years old, per site rules.

-Relationships in the comics are not set in stone.  Just because Colossus and Kitty had a relationship in the comics doesn't mean they did in this game, for example.

-If you're going to play a canon character, please do some research if you don't know the character so you can play them (basically) true to form.  No one is judging how you RP, but I would like to avoid things like Jubilee played as a hardened murderous veteran, for example.  Just really off the wall way out there stuff.  Make the character your own, but pay homage to the original.

Here is a list of available characters.  Players are permitted one canon and one original character.  I may at some point allow people to play a villain, but for now let's just stick with X-Men.

NOTE:

If you have a question about any canons not listed, feel free to ask!

ORIGINAL CHARACTERS ARE ACCEPTED FOR APPROVAL

CHARACTER LIST

Canons:

• Forge - AVAILABLE
  • Psylocke - AVAILABLE
  • Banshee - AVAILABLE
  • Bishop - AVAILABLE
  • Longshot - AVAILABLE
  • Polaris - AVAILABLE
  • Wolfsbane - AVAILABLE
  • Rictor - AVAILABLE
  • Boom Boom - AVAILABLE
  • Professor X - (NPC)
  • Beast -  (NPC)
  • Archangel - (apygoos)
  • Iceman - (TheBlackThrone)
  • Nightcrawler - (Emmykins)
  • Cyclops - (LunarSage)
  • Gambit - (LunarSage)
  • Colossus - (LunarSage)
  • Dazzler - (Pumpkin Seeds)
  • Storm - (Lady Lunarius)
  • Rogue - (Imogen)
  • Havok - (Imogen)
  • Jubilee - (Josietta)
  • Jean Grey - (CurvyKitten)
  • Wolverine - (TheBlackThrone)
  • Chamber - (Sasquatch421)
  • Shadowcat - (Imogen)
  • Majik (Rainbowrian)
  • Cannonball (Sasquatch421)
  • Marrow (Swordsman18)

Original Characters:

• Force - (LunarSage)
  • Echo - (CurvyKitten)
  • Hayley - (CurvyKitten)
  • Santana - (CurvyKitten)
  • Beast Girl (CurvyKitten)
  • Terabyte - (Josietta)
  • Joshua - (Josietta)
  • Nevan - (Crowe)
  • Alexandri - (RainbowRian)
  • Scarlet - (RainbowRian)
  • Eris (Rainbowrian)
  • Alexi - (Sasquatch421)
  • Ahyisha - (Lady Lunarius)
  • Mirror (Lady Lunarius)
  • Steele - (Josietta)
  • Law - (TheBlackThrone)
  • Sapphire (TamaRose)
  • Jaguar (apygoos)
  • Solari (apygoos)
  • Fox Fire (Sasquatch421)
  • Nuo (Pumpkin Seeds)

NOTE:  Strength in Marvel uses the following table.  The weights listed are the maximum that can be lifted with minimal effort.  By exerting yourself you can lift one category above your 'limit' for short periods.

Underdeveloped Strength: Lift (press) 20 lbs or less

Human strength with little to no exercise: Lift (press) approximately 50 lbs

Human strength with regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 200 lbs

Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs

Maximum Human strength: Lift (press) approximately 800 lbs

Low End Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 1 ton

Class 10 Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 10 tons (Example: Spider-Man)

Class 50 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 50 tons (Example: Rogue)

Class 75-80 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 75-80 tons (Example: Colossus)

Class 100 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) 100+ tons (Example: Hulk or Thor)

FIGHTING SKILL:  Sometimes we want to know just how good someone is at fighting.  Here is a chart to help with this.  Make sure and put your character's fighting skill class number on your sheet under Fighting Skill.  This is to help you gauge fighting ability for RP.  It's not 'stats' per say... just an aid.

Class 1: Little to no training or talent (Your average American)

Class 2: Some natural talent or training (Average military training) (Examples: Jubilee, Iceman)

Class 3: Regular training (Brown Belt Martial Artists, Professional Boxers) (Example: Storm, Cyclops)

Class 4: Intensive training (UFC Contenders, Special Forces Training with experience) (Examples: Gambit, Bishop)

Class 5: Natural Talent with intensive training (High end martial artists) (Examples: Psylocke, Mystique)

Class 6: Superhuman Talent with intensive training (Among the best fighters on the planet) (Examples: Wolverine, Captain America)

I am the main GM of the game, with Josietta as my co-GM. Please PM sheets to both of us for approval.

Character Sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Nom De Guerre:[/b]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[b]Current Nationality:[/b]

[b]Known Relatives:[/b]

[b]Current Occupation:[/b]

[b]Current Place of Residence:[/b] New York

[b]Affiliations:[/b] Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[b]Origin of Powers:[/b]  Breed Mutant

[b]Strength Level:[/b] (This represents physical strength)

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Power Mastery Rank:[/b]

[b]Fighting Skill:[/b] (Class 1-6.  See the rules for such in the Interest Thread.)

[b]Limitations:[/b]

[b]Unusual Features:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] 

[b]History:[/b]

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

kckolbe

Since multiple "generations" of X-Men are available, how will age work?  Will the original X-Men (like Beast, Jean and Cyclops) be older, having fought for a decade before the newer ones joined, or will Jean still be in her 20s?  I am okay with either answer, just want a set "age".  I ask because I am considering playing Banshee, who was older than the X-Men, which was a big part of his character.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

LunarSage

It works just like standard Marvel time in the comics.  It's been about 13 years since the Fantastic Four took their trip into space... 12 years since the X-Men were founded.  That means Iceman is 28, Warren, Jean and Scott are 30ish and Hank is 31.  The other X-Men are in their early to mid 20s I would think.  Banshee is probably around 38 or so.

I hope that helps.

kckolbe

There was a larger separation, but knowing that does actually help a lot.  Thanks!
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

LunarSage

If you'd like to play a Banshee in his 40s you're more than welcome to.  :-)

kckolbe

Aiden's playing Wolverine?  I might like this game.  So, will there be conflict, or will this game just take place in and around the school?

Intro Thread

Aiden

Is Logan's background generally the same?

I planned on keeping his past history, World war 2, the Weapon X program, Department H- moving to New York when Prof X approached him then picking it up there.

Memory wiped, looking to regain his past and eventually become James...something I wanted to do in the previous game.

EbonyQueen

For completeness sakes... Sheet sent for approval... Though I already do approve myself I can say that!

EbonyQueen

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 12:44:13 PM
Aiden's playing Wolverine?  I might like this game.  So, will there be conflict, or will this game just take place in and around the school?

There will be stuff going on, that is a near guarantee.

LunarSage

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 12:44:13 PM

There will be conflict, not to worry.  As I said, the game will not be entirely sandboxy.  You'll get your action.  :-)

Quote from: Aiden on August 28, 2011, 12:47:54 PM
Is Logan's background generally the same?

I planned on keeping his past history, World war 2, the Weapon X program, Department H- moving to New York when Prof X approached him then picking it up there.

Memory wiped, looking to regain his past and eventually become James...something I wanted to do in the previous game.

Yep all that is the same.  He's been with the X-Men for about 7 years now, but as always he comes and goes as he pleases.

Oh, also...

if you'd like to claim a canon character to play, please express your interest in this thread before submitting your sheet so others know that a given character is not available.

We'll update the list at the top of the thread here as we get character interest.

Kendra

should have asked - is this freeform or system?

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Kendra on August 28, 2011, 03:57:20 PM
should have asked - is this freeform or system?

It will be Freeform, I believe!

LunarSage

NOTE:  Strength in Marvel uses the following table.  The weights listed are the maximum that can be lifted with minimal effort.  By exerting yourself you can lift one category above your 'limit' for short periods.

Underdeveloped Strength: Lift (press) 20 lbs or less

Human strength with little to no exercise: Lift (press) approximately 50 lbs

Human strength with regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 200 lbs

Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs

Maximum Human strength: Lift (press) approximately 800 lbs

Low End Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 1 ton

Class 10 Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 10 tons (Example: Spider-Man)

Class 50 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 50 tons (Example: Rogue)

Class 75-80 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 75-80 tons (Example: Colossus)

Class 100 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) 100+ tons (Example: Hulk or Thor)

FIGHTING SKILL:  Sometimes we want to know just how good someone is at fighting.  Here is a chart to help with this.  Make sure and put your character's fighting skill class number on your sheet under Fighting Skill.  This is to help you gauge fighting ability for RP.  It's not 'stats' per say... just an aid.

Class 1: Little to no training or talent (Your average American)

Class 2: Some natural talent or training (Average military training) (Examples: Jubilee, Iceman)

Class 3: Regular training (Brown Belt Martial Artists, Professional Boxers) (Example: Storm, Cyclops)

Class 4: Intensive training (UFC Contenders, Special Forces Training with experience) (Examples: Gambit, Bishop)

Class 5: Natural Talent with intensive training (High end martial artists) (Examples: Psylocke, Mystique)

Class 6: Superhuman Talent with intensive training (Among the best fighters on the planet) (Examples: Wolverine, Captain America)

Kendra:  Yes, it will be freeform.  :-)

EDIT:  I added an Approved Character Sheet thread as well as an OOC Thread

Kendra

excellent ;) here you go ...

Name: Satin Shields

Nom De Guerre: Metallica

Player Name: Kendra

Sex: female

Height: 5'10

Weight: 140lbs

Hair: long deep red

Eyes: pale gray

Sexual Orientation: bisexual

Ons: link

Offs: link

Place of Birth: Hyde Park, Chicago

Current Nationality: American

Known Relatives: parents - Daniel Shields and Penn Metling

Current Occupation: Sports Instructor at Xaviers

Current Place of Residence: New York

Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

Hobbies: Chess, volleyball, horse riding, absailing

Origin of Powers:  Breed Mutant

Strength Level: Class 50 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 50 tons

Powers:
Touching metal causes her body to become enveloped in that particular metals casing but her mutant gene altars it so that it molds to her with the appearance of liquid metal.
It works as a shield protecting her body from bullets, blows, sonic booms, cuts etc. The weight of the metal helps to completely ground her in place almost like a human anchor, while it also gives her super strength. The liquid casing makes her body more maneuverable to run and fight.

Able to  sense physical irregularities - used for detecting breaks in bones, infections, nerve damage, etc - often uses it to detect and exploit weaknesses in opponents she fights.

Fighting Skill: Class 3: Regular training

Limitations: She is normally a fast runner but in her metalic form she becomes encumbered by the weight and slows down to half her normal speed. Her body can handle the transformation for long durations but she becomes extremely physically weak afterwards, to the point where even her normal human strength fails her. It is safer for her to do short periods but not easier. She can not shut off the ability either, so simple things such as using a fork and knife have to be of the plastic variety.

Unusual Features: tattoo on inside right wrist of tribal inscription ‘equality comes at a price’

Appearance:

Personality: 
She has a typical temper associated with her hair colour, though has been taking yoga classes to calm it somewhat. Swift to jump to conclusions and often displays little patience. Gets a hard time for acting first and thinking later.

History: 
Born on the south side of Chicago to two mutant doctors, Satin was doted on from an early age. Her father Daniel Shields watched eagerly for the day when his only child would reveal her abilities. He had the ability as his name suggested to protect his body, to shield it by any means necessary. He could cause a force field to expound from his very core in times of crisis. When humans were about this shield took on the guise of whatever was nearby. A matching wall, another car, a tree. Her mother, Penn Metling had the ability to turn her fingers into any metal weapons or tools. Very useful in surgery.

Satin was aware from a young age that her parents were different and loved how they never tried to influence her decision on anything. Always trying to get her to see things for herself and to get the full story before forming an opinion on anything or anyone. When she turned ten years of age both parents began to worry about her growth. She was very tall even then but never seemed to put on any weight. They ran procedural checks on her but she was healthy and so they merely watched as she grew up. By her thirteenth birthday she was taller than most girls her own age and much thinner than them as well. On holding a few balloons she felt herself get light headed only to hear some of her friends screaming and pointing at her. She had risen a few inches from the ground.

Her parents managed to convince the adolescents in attendance that there had been too much helium in the balloons and stayed by their daughters side for the rest of the day, effectively holding her down. That night as they sat at the dinner table she reached for her fork, as soon as it touched her hand it melded with it. She began to scream not knowing what was going on. Her parents were out of their chairs like lightening watching bewildered but delighted as their daughters entire body began to encase itself in metal. Bit by bit the iron seemed to pour into place until she was covered completely. Though she looked like a liquid silver person, her entire body was actual metal and the chair broke beneath her.

Xavier eventually came and informed the parents about the school he was setting up and that she would be perfect there. She grew to become comfortable with her powers, controlling them perfectly by the time she graduated.

kckolbe

~compares the Metallica from the other X-Men thread to this one~  The years have been kind to her.  Very kind.

Intro Thread

Kendra

*grins* much too kind ;)

been assured this game won't be so swift paced - so hopefully will be able to keep up

Lady Kitsune

I have an interest in Psylocke, if it's not too late?
I am working on it, I swear!

kckolbe

~looks at LK's avi~  ...damn that's hot.  I say we let her in! 

By the way, anyone mind a Banshee without the accent?

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Right on!  Psylocke is most definitely available.  :-)

Work up a sheet using the coded sheet at the top and PM it to myself, Josietta and EbonyQueen.

Also note that this would be the telepathic/psychic knife version of her, not the modern telekinetic teleporting version.

Lady Kitsune

I am working on it, I swear!

LunarSage

LunarSage

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 06:54:42 PM
~looks at LK's avi~  ...damn that's hot.  I say we let her in! 

By the way, anyone mind a Banshee without the accent?

I don't mind, really.  Or you could say he has an accent without making it ridiculous with the emphasis on the "ye" instead of "you" and "me" instead of "my" and such.  Accents can be implied without writing them out phonetically.

I certainly don't plan on playing Peter crying out "Lenin's Ghost!" every other sentence like he used to in the comics, so I don't expect "begorrah" to be the third word out of Sean's mouth every sentence.   ;)

EbonyQueen

Quote from: LunarSage on August 28, 2011, 07:35:35 PM
I don't mind, really.  Or you could say he has an accent without making it ridiculous with the emphasis on the "ye" instead of "you" and "me" instead of "my" and such.

I certainly don't plan on playing Peter crying out "Lenin's Ghost!" every other sentence like he used to in the comics, so I don't expect "begorrah" to be the third word out of Sean's mouth every sentence.   ;)

Every time he says "Lemin's Ghost!" Ororo will stick a magnet to him.

Pumpkin Seeds

Mind if I stick my hand up to join in?

kckolbe

Only if you let me stick my hand somewhere.  ~smirks~

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on August 28, 2011, 08:33:52 PM
Mind if I stick my hand up to join in?

Of course you're welcome to join!  :-)

Were you thinking of playing a canon character or an original character? 

Pumpkin Seeds

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 08:34:30 PM
Only if you let me stick my hand somewhere.  ~smirks~

Down the garbage disposal? 

Quote from: LunarSage on August 28, 2011, 08:37:38 PM
Of course you're welcome to join!  :-)

Were you thinking of playing a canon character or an original character? 

An original one if I can.

kckolbe

OUCH!  Damn well played though.  ~smiles~

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on August 28, 2011, 08:38:28 PM
Down the garbage disposal? 

An original one if I can.

By all means, whip up a sheet via the sheet in the code at the top of this thread and PM it to me, Josietta and EbonyQueen.  :-)

kckolbe:  Shall we put your name by Banshee's listing as taken?

kckolbe

By all means.  I'll whip up a sheet tomorrow once my hand has healed.  ~grins~

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 08:45:26 PM
By all means.  I'll whip up a sheet tomorrow once my hand has healed.  ~grins~

O.O

Do I want to know? 

kckolbe

Garbage disposal.  She got me good, boss.

Intro Thread

Josietta

We currently have 7 female (bisexual/heterosexual) characters and 3 (straight) males. We will be cutting off recruitment soon (2-4 more characters MAX). We would not be adverse to transgendered, transsexual or queer characters either!  It'd just be nice to have a smooth balance in some direction.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

Well I'll be making an original male as well, but yeah... he'll be straight too. 

If we don't get more men, the women may start fighting over the guys or worse... turn to one another for love and not let us videotape it!  *gasps*

Wolfy

<3 if I may, I'd like to reserve an original character...and I'll make it male if you like.

Astrofig

Josietta

We would love to have both of you!

We are accepting Originials and/or Canons.  You don't have to play both, either one or the other works. :)

Wolfy that would be cool. If you're comfortable in that skin then please do!

Astro>  Gambit is there for the asking.

If both of you could fill out a character sheet and PM it over to LunarSage, myself, and EbonyQueen, we'll give it a once or twice over and get back with you tomorrow. In the meantime feel free to hang out in the OOC and chat or what not!

I'm off to bed for the night.. Someone will be checking in with you all in the morning if not sooner!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pumpkin Seeds

Kendra

Quote from: Josietta on August 28, 2011, 09:01:02 PM
We currently have 7 female (bisexual/heterosexual) characters and 3 (straight) males. We will be cutting off recruitment soon (2-4 more characters MAX). We would not be adverse to transgendered, transsexual or queer characters either!  It'd just be nice to have a smooth balance in some direction.

wow that is an imbalance for sure O.o

kckolbe

Not worried.  Superhero games always draw plenty of males in time.  By the way, this is a rather lovely group of writers.  Are we good to start coordinating relationships in this thread or wait for an ooc?

Intro Thread

Kendra

there is an ooc already - Lunar linked it to us in one of his earlier posts ;)

GAME OOC

am very much inclined to agree with you concerning the writers ;)

Aiden

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on August 28, 2011, 09:47:27 PM
Hey Aiden..think we can figure out a way to this scene?

Hmmm I think we could work something out...

If it is background history related shoot me a PM.

Josietta

We are still looking to recruit two more players. We have a preference to male characters or some sort to balance our ranks. We don't necessarily have to have the same boy/girl ratio, just looking for balance. Queer/Trans are very much welcome as well.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Astrofig

kckolbe

Is this before or after Banshee and Emma co-ran the school?  Guessing before.

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Way before... Emma is still a villain in this game. 

Also, they ran a modified Massachusetts Academy together under Xavier's name if you're referring to the Generation X stuff.  :-)

kckolbe

oooh, okay.  Since Banshee was never permanent staff in the canon, I am trying to find a permanent position for him.  I am leaning toward Danger Room supervisor and scenario planner for students.  Team tactics and surveillance were specialties of his.

Intro Thread

LunarSage

LunarSage

Updated with canon availablity...

Male Canon Characters Available:

Cyclops
    Beast
    Forge
    Iceman
    Bishop
    Archangel
    Nightcrawler
    Longshot

Female Canon Characters Available:

Dazzler
    Jubilee
    Shadowcat

Characters not on this list will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.  Just ask!  :-)

Also remember, we are also accepting original mutant characters!

kckolbe

We seem to have balanced out the genders pretty well.  A shame there are so many more potential male roles than female.

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Wolfy

Still going to make a profile for an original character...

Though..male or female?

Either way, I had an Idea for his/her powers to be something along the lines of their body acting as a bag of holding/hammer-space, where they can store anything and everything inside it, as long as it's not bigger than they are. (And by Bigger I mean Taller..it doesn't matter how long it is).

And their weapon of choice? Clawed Chains that come from their body. And Martial arts.

kckolbe

I humbly submit Chain Wallet as a codename.  Could living things travel inside this person?

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Quote from: Wolfy on August 29, 2011, 10:09:31 PM
Still going to make a profile for an original character...

Though..male or female?

Either way, I had an Idea for his/her powers to be something along the lines of their body acting as a bag of holding/hammer-space, where they can store anything and everything inside it, as long as it's not bigger than they are. (And by Bigger I mean Taller..it doesn't matter how long it is).

And their weapon of choice? Clawed Chains that come from their body. And Martial arts.

That sounds feasible.  Just remember, in the X-Men it's generally not advised to kill anyone on missions and such.

You can make them make or female... it's your choice, although we do have quite a few females already. 

Would they be a student or an X-Man?

Dark Deception

Made up my mind.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Josietta

Avengers is still going strong. We're just doing another game with strictly X-Men. ;D

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Dark Deception

I decided to go with Iceman. I plan to play him at the early stages of understanding his mutant ability, so he'll always be seen wearing winter clothes until he learns to control it better. I may get Internet sometime this week. As soon as I do, I'll send you a character sheet. In the future, if you need someone to play villains, consider me. We'll see what kind of mood I'm in since I dislike playing two main characters.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

LunarSage

As long as you understand that the X-Men need to played heroic rather than villainous, I have no problem with you playing Iceman. 

Also, this game has a very specific timeline set up, so he'd need to be 28 with more than minimal control of his powers.  It's been 12 years since the X-Men were formed (in 1999) and he was 16 back then.  He wouldn't have had his powers opened up and amplified by Emma yet either so he still creates a coating of ice around himself rather than becoming living ice.

kckolbe

Very sorry if this has been brought up, but are the "New Mutants" playable as students?

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Yes.  Historically speaking, Xavier left Magneto in charge of the New Mutants and the school.  Later, the X-Men let the New Mutants and Magneto think they had died fighting the Adversary and went to Australia to hide.  During that time, Magneto abandoned the New Mutants and they were essentially left on their own.  Cable found them and took them under his wing.  It's possible that the New Mutants could have returned to the Institute now that the Professor is back, but some of them may resent the X-Men for what they feel was abandonment.  In truth, Storm made the decision to let everyone think they were dead to try and protect the kids from their enemies.  It's something that canonically Storm has wondered if she made the right choice to this day, but she never truly regretted it since it worked out for the best.  After all, Storm had no idea that Magneto would up and abandon the kids.

kckolbe

Oh wow.  I did not think all that had already happened.  I just knew they were written into canon when I stopped reading (shortly after Rogue joined).  Oh well, worth a shot.

Intro Thread

Wolfy

They would be an X-man and student, if that makes sense.

And Yes, people can travel inside him/her...so the term "I want you inside me" can be both sexual and normal. ;D

See, living things are put into a sort of..suspended animation until pulled retrieved, while inanimate objects are suspended too, so say if he/she put in a rusted sword, it wouldn't rust any further until it was pulled back out.

Energy, however, can't be absorbed. :P

LunarSage

Sounds kinda like Cloak from Cloak and Dagger in terms of the "I take things into the dimensional void that is my body" thing.  I look forward to seeing a sheet.  :-)

LunarSage

Alright, here is where we stand thus far with players and characters.

Aiden (Wolverine)
LunarSage (Colossus and Force)
Josietta (Rogue and an uncreated original)
EbonyQueen (Storm)
Astrofig (Gambit)
CurvyKitten (Jean Grey and an uncreated original?)
kckolbe (Banshee)
Lady Kitsune (Psylocke and an uncreated original?)
Pumpkin Seeds (Nuo -OC)
Wolfy (An uncreated original)
Foxy Oni (Near finished original character)
Dark Deception (Iceman)

So we have nine female characters (I think) and six male characters, with Wolfy's character's gender undecided so far.

Wolfy

Quote from: LunarSage on August 30, 2011, 08:26:34 PM
Sounds kinda like Cloak from Cloak and Dagger in terms of the "I take things into the dimensional void that is my body" thing.  I look forward to seeing a sheet.  :-)

Right...He/she can make them partially appear, as well, and actually control whatever pops out as long as it still has a connection to them...so say that he/she absorbs a sawblade. They can then make the teeth from the blade appear on their wrist and spin it like an actual saw to do damage. ;D

kckolbe

And the only limitation is height?  So could every X-Man shorter than him/her travel within him/her at once?

Intro Thread

Wolfy

Well of course. :P

So we're talking about potentially transporting an entire army using just one person here..@_@

I dunno where that would put them on the power scale.

kckolbe

Well, Colossus would be out of luck unless your character were very tall.  While the power is handy, it does have limitations and not a lot of combat use.  I wouldn't think it too strong at all.

Intro Thread

Josietta

We are still seeking 1-2 more players. We do take preference for men but are willing to consider one of each. Keep in mind the list of available X-Men and the possibilities for original characters! Students are welcome as well!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Idariel

Quote from: Josietta on August 31, 2011, 09:10:56 AM
We are still seeking 1-2 more players. We do take preference for men but are willing to consider one of each. Keep in mind the list of available X-Men and the possibilities for original characters! Students are welcome as well!

I would be interested in attempting Jubilee, if that is still open? Kolbe thought she might be! I will work up a character sheet if she is still available! :)

"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Idariel on September 01, 2011, 12:26:52 AM
I would be interested in attempting Jubilee, if that is still open? Kolbe thought she might be! I will work up a character sheet if she is still available! :)

She is, please work up a sheet and send it to myself, Lunar and Josi.

Pumpkin Seeds

Muse

Hi folks, may I join in the fun? 

I'd like to audition for the rolls of either Beast or Nightcrawler (the original Clearmont interpretation, faithful but not a priest) and an original female character that I'll come up with soon if you have room? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Major Major

I too am considering joining; with an original male character of my own devising.

LunarSage

Quote from: Idariel on September 01, 2011, 12:26:52 AM

You are most welcome to join us.  She has a sheet already worked up in the approved thread if you want to take a look.  If there's anything on the sheet that you wish to change, let me know.  Just so you know though, one of the original characters being played (by myself) is her half brother Kane, who goes by Force.  You might want to check out his sheet and history as well since it relates to Jubes.  :-)

Quote from: Muse on September 01, 2011, 01:56:08 AM
Hi folks, may I join in the fun? 

I'd like to audition for the rolls of either Beast or Nightcrawler (the original Clearmont interpretation, faithful but not a priest) and an original female character that I'll come up with soon if you have room? 

Sure thing!  Work up a sheet based on the sheet coded on the first post of this thread and send it my way.

Quote from: Major Major on September 01, 2011, 06:00:44 AM
I too am considering joining; with an original male character of my own devising.

Welcome aboard.  ;D

Just work up a sheet and send it our way.

Remember everyone... send the sheet to me, Josietta and EbonyQueen since we all discuss approvals. 

With that though, I'm going to close recruitment for the time being.  All those who have expressed their interest up to this point are in, but I think we're going to have more than enough players to start.

tcost

I understand that recruitment is closed for the time being.  If there is a waitlist, though, I'd like to be on it.
I prefer justice to irony.

LunarSage

Sorry it took me so long to notice this, tcost.  Right now I'd like to limit recruitment to canon characters if at all.  Let me know who you're interested in playing and perhaps down the road you can bring in a custom character as well.

tcost

Thanks for the response.  I'd be happy to volunteer for any of the following cannon characters, roughly in order of preference:

Charles Xavier (though you might prefer to keep him an NPC, I would love to play him)

Hank McCoy (presumably the furry blue model, but the original version would be okay too;  he had a long term relationship with Vera that ended badly, perhaps when he changed forms, and would be what, about 31 now?)

Doug Ramsey (didn't die on schedule, about the same age as Kitty, maybe a year older)

Sebastian Shaw, head of the Hellfire Club, looking to protect mutants from the Sentinels and other threats but not looking to bring on World War III.  If you want to leave Sebastian as an NPC, then perhaps another Hellfire Club male such as Harry Leland (who would have survived the fight with Pierce).

While I have a concept for an original, I'll keep that for when those ideas are sought. 
I prefer justice to irony.

LunarSage

Out of all those, Beast would likely work best.

He's the big blue gorilla variety at the moment.  :-)

Check out the history included here to get an idea of the past three years of history for this game.

LunarSage

I've decided to reopen the interest thread for this game.  The canon characters available are listed on the first post of this thread, and you're always welcome to create your own original character.  I only ask that you abide by our rule of one OC and one Canon Character per player.  Please let us know if you're interested in this thread.  :-)

Love And Submission

Having just started reading the X Men Books again ( Wolverine and The X-Men and Uncanny X-Men). I'm really interested in this. My question is though , Do we have to be a breed mutant or can we create someone like Omega Sentinel/Karima Shapandar whose not actually a mutant but someone granted powers through nanotechnology?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

LunarSage

I would prefer a Breed Mutant.  Remember we're using the continuity as of the 90s Jim Lee era. 

We'd love to have you make a character though.  :-)

Kokaine

Hmm... Someone put a bug in my ear about this game a while ago but you were closed at the time...  all my favorite canon characters are taken but I might be interested in creating an OC if you'll have me.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aemirys

You know I've been keeping my eye on this thread for a while now but I don't think I've ever put myself forwarding in expressing my interest.........

::puts herself forward::
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

LunarSage

Certainly!  Go ahead and whip up a sheet and send it to me, Josietta and EbonyQueen.  :-)

We would absolutely love having you, Kokaine! 

As an OC you could be a student or an established X-Man.  It's up to you.  Remember, don't be afraid to be super. 

Aemirys:  You as well!  ;D

We'd love to have you!

kckolbe

By the way, feel free to coordinate with current players when working backgrounds.  I'm playing Banshee, and he has more than a few unaccounted for years in his lifetime.

Intro Thread

Josietta

We would love to have you both indeed!

Please do PM us with your concept ideas before you fill out a complete sheet so we can make sure its all okay before you spend too much time on something you may have to change. Also if you need help on picking powers or what not for and original character, do feel free to ask. LunarSage is an expert on character powers and such.

Make sure to read over the history included here to get an idea of the past three years of history for this game.

You can find a listing for the fighting and strength tables here.

Any other information or questions you may have or need answered feel free to pop a PM over and we'll be happy to work with you. :) 

We have a great group of writers and role-players amongst us and look forward to adding to that!

Remember we are a free form a game the stats included, such as fighting and strength, are just for character concept's sake so that we can measure how you'd do in Danger Room sessions and actual plot combat. :)

If you'd like to look over sample sheets of PCs already in play, feel free to check out our Approved Character Sheets.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kokaine

Awesome ^^ Will spend a little time reading and exploring before I start the creating anything.

Also, do you have a preference for a male or female character? I'm cool with either if you're looking to balance things, otherwise I'll just go with whatever comes to me.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Josietta

I think another male would help but either is acceptable! 

EDIT: actually glancing over the current list and incoming, we do have an even or close to even amount so either will work equally.  :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Idariel

Quote from: Kokaine on November 17, 2011, 07:31:51 AM
Hmm... Someone put a bug in my ear about this game a while ago but you were closed at the time...  all my favorite canon characters are taken but I might be interested in creating an OC if you'll have me.

oo yay Lady Kaine!! <3
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

Box

-Prepares for the hail of jokes-

Can... I play Pixie? With or without the awesome upgraded souldagger. She's just so awesome... and that teleport spell. Not to mention the weirdness of her family! Of course, Pixie at age.. You know. 16-18ish, as per site rules.
Or perhaps Blindfold.
Le'Kinks (As a quick reference, that is!)
On/Off Thread
Solo ideas/Some Group ideas
And: A bunny (/(o.o))

LunarSage

I'm hesitant to allow Pixie or any other more recent character for a couple reasons... one, the continuity we have is set up as of when Xavier had just come back from the Shi'ar a year ago.  Two, I'm not positive but I think I may have denied such a request in the past for this game.  (Not for Pixie, but for more recent characters like her)  To be honest I'm more concerned about the second reason than the first (we can always have her be an older version of her as you said)... so I'm going to ask the current players what they think.  If no one seems to mind, I'll give you the green light, but if anyone objects it'll be a no. 

That said, even if Pixie is a no-go (and she might be ok, we'll see), you're still more than welcome to play an original character.  We'd love to RP with you.  :-)

Box

That's just fine with me! If there are objections, there's a good chance I'll probably just make an original character and figure a way to tie her in.

I figured Pixie may be allowed in because, while she is a *newer* character, her father is Mastermind - whom has been around since the 60's I believe. :D

Edit: If there are objections, I would really dig playing a deadpool, too. Though he is more of an anti-hero/villian. Or, perhaps, Multiple Man? As a female... I just remembered he was around as a side character.
On/Off Thread

LunarSage

You could always make a female OC with powers similar to Multiple Man.

I always thought this was a cool idea for powers, personally.  Imagine this...

She's super strong (say Class 50 Strength) normally.  Then if she splits into two of herself, they each have Class 10 Strength.  Four of herself each have the ability to lift 1 ton.  8 of herself can lift 800 lbs.  16 of herself can lift 400 lbs and 32 of herself have normal human strength for her build.

Just an idea.   :-)

Pumpkin Seeds

Box

Bahaha.. She is! Plus I can steal multiple mans awesome personality and mortal kombat-esque move... Where he makes a copy of himself inside someone. xD
On/Off Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Box

It's true! In the comics he put his hand in someones mouth - and then duplicated himself and made them explode. How awesome of a threat is that?

"GIVE ME YOUR WALLET
"Hold on. Lets do an experiment. Open your mouth.."

Ker-splode!
On/Off Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Sounds like you have a winner there for an original character at least.

LunarSage

Just as long as you know that sort of thing would probably be highly frowned upon by the other X-Men.  :P

Box

Yeah.. frowned upon indeed. Also: Lunar, I tossed you a pm. :3
On/Off Thread

Caela

Looks like a good game y'all have going on. Looking through your Information and Relationship thread (very cool set up there btw) it looks like a lot of fun. Are you still taking new players or set up with the new ones you've already got?

bubby

LunarSage

Caela and bubby:  Heya ladies!  ;D

We'd love to have you two join us! 

Shadowcat is already being played but you're more than welcome to create an original character (either a student or a new X-Man, full or probationary) and come join the fun! 

bubby

LunarSage

Aww I'm sure you could.  I'd even be willing to help you create a character if you'd like.  Your choice in the end though.  We get to play together either way.  :-)

Caela

Yay! Going to work on an original character sheet. With so many established relationships I am thinking a new student if that's all right.

LunarSage

A new student would be great!  It's still the evening of the first day of school... the next day is Saturday and there's a field trip to Salem Center planned for the (PC) students, chaperoned by Logan and Jean.

Caela

The field trip would be the perfect place for her to run into folks. Am thinking some sort of water manipulation for powers. Going to sleep on it and will work her up in my head at work tomorrow. Will try to write her up tomorrow evening or Monday after work. :D

LunarSage

Awesome.  Take your time.  We're still in some solid evening RP before we transition to the next day.  :-)

PigPin

I'm interested.  Archangel, the one with the metal wings, is intriguing to me. 

LunarSage

Very nice.  Warren is definitely available.  Are you familiar with the character?

Go ahead and work up a character sheet and send it to myself, Josietta and EbonyQueen.

bubby

LunarSage

FrostShifter

LunarSage

He certainly is!  Just work up a sheet of your own and send it to myself, Josietta and EbonyQueen or you can use a modified sheet of the one already posted here.  The player who was originally going to play Gambit disappeared and never actually made an IC post for him... that was some months back so we decided to move on and reopen his spot.  :-)

FrostShifter

LunarSage

I'm going to close recruitment for now.  Those who have already expressed interest still have their in, so no worries.

LunarSage

Recruitment is temporarily open for this game again.  We need a Cyclops pretty badly, but original characters, male and female are as always welcome.  We're a large game well on our way to having our own subsection (big game status).

We do need players who can commit to posting frequently enough that the game doesn't stagnate, so I ask that any interested RPers be able to commit to being able to post frequently enough that no more than 2-3 days pass when it's their turn to post. 

This game has plot and substance... it's looking to be an absolute blast! 

LunarSage

Still need a Cyclops or new original characters.  If interested, let me know in this thread or by PM to me, Josietta and EbonyQueen.

The mansion is currently under assault by mutant hunting Sentinels and the hapless students went on a field trip only to find themselves in Arcade's MURDERWORLD!  Action and drama await!

AribethAmkiir

Is it permissible to put our own spin on canon characters, like in Teen Avengers, or do we need to try and stick to the canon characters and personalities as closely as possible?

As far as non-canon, what limitations should be placed on them?

LunarSage

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on February 06, 2012, 11:25:23 PM
Is it permissible to put our own spin on canon characters, like in Teen Avengers, or do we need to try and stick to the canon characters and personalities as closely as possible?

We're looking for pretty close to canon in this game, though you are welcome to do your own take on personalities as long as it's fairly close to the original from the comics.  Remember the game is set in 2011 but things are as they were in the mid 90s in the X-Books.  There's a timeline under "Important History" in the Information Thread that should be read to get an idea of everything.  If you would like, there is also a synopsis of gameplay so far on page one of the OOC Thread.

QuoteAs far as non-canon, what limitations should be placed on them?

Think the power levels of your average X-Man in the comics.  Nothing cosmically powerful, but enough to make you super and able to be a superhero.  If you aren't sure, PM me, Josietta and EbonyQueen with your idea and we'll let you know if it's kosher.  :-)

It's all about protecting a world that hates and fears you.

Alysanthia

>.>

*Places a tiny little interest mark.*

<.<

*Sneaks back out.*

LunarSage

Glyph

I'd be up for playing an original character if there's room for one more.

Josietta

There is indeed.

Feel free to work up a sheet (You'll find it on the first post of this thread)  and PM it over to LunarSage, myself, and EbonyQueen. :) 

To repeat what Lunar said before:

Quote from: LunarSage on February 06, 2012, 11:43:28 PM
We're looking for pretty close to canon in this game, though you are welcome to do your own take on personalities as long as it's fairly close to the original from the comics.  Remember the game is set in 2011 but things are as they were in the mid 90s in the X-Books.  There's a timeline under "Important History" in the Information Thread that should be read to get an idea of everything.  If you would like, there is also a synopsis of gameplay so far on page one of the OOC Thread.

Think the power levels of your average X-Man in the comics.  Nothing cosmically powerful, but enough to make you super and able to be a superhero.  If you aren't sure, PM me, Josietta and EbonyQueen with your idea and we'll let you know if it's kosher.  :-)

It's all about protecting a world that hates and fears you.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Darth Deadpool

Is this RP still running, and if so is it still accepting? If yes, I would like to get involved in this. I'd be interested in making an OC, though if a Cyclops is needed more then I could work with him. I've had a lot of experience writing for Cyclops so that wouldn't be a problem.
I'm back, and currently looking!

My Requests

F-List

Josietta

This RP is indeed still running. While we have been closed for recruitment we would consider taking on anyone wanting to play Cyclops, Iceman, or Gambit.  If you are indeed interested in one of those positions keep in mind that we are looking for pretty close to canon in this game, though you are welcome to do your own take on personalities as long as it's fairly close to the original from the comics.  Remember the game is set in 2011 but things are as they were in the mid 90s in the X-Books.  There's a timeline under "Important History" in the Information Thread that should be read to get an idea of everything.  If you would like, there is also a synopsis of gameplay so far on page one of the OOC Thread. There is a sheet already done up of a previous players version of those characters in the Current Approved Characters Thread.   Feel free to look it over and make any changes you'd like (bearing in mind the previously stated guidelines on keeping it canon) and PM it to myself, LunarSage, and EbonyQueen.

We are not accepting any other Original Characters or other Canon characters than those stated above or on the actual Information Thread (the ones above taking precedence).  Thank you for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon!

On behalf of the Classic X-Men staff,
-Josi

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

We're opening up recruitment again to try and get some new committed blood to play with us.  :-)

Currently as far as canon characters go, Longshot, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Bishop and Psylocke are definitely available (although Psylocke's availability is pending depending on a potential player's interest).  Other canon characters like Boom Boom, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Shatterstar, Cable, Cannonball, Polaris, Multiple Man and Havok can be worked in with the right backstory.  Any other canons should be asked about up front.  We'll let you know if they're kosher for this game. 

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, you're more than welcome to create an original mutant character of your own.  Just let us know what your concept is and we can go from there. 

Remember also, though most of our PCs so far are straight or bi, we welcome players and characters of any orientation and identity.  We'd love to see some real diversity in here, especially given the setting and theme of the X-Men. 

We're very close to attaining big game status with our own subforum, as well!  Come on in and join the fun!

PigPin

Name: Clifford James “CJ” Simmons

Nom De Guerre: N/A

Player Name: PigPin

Sex: Male

Height: 6’

Weight: 220

Hair: Short dark

Eyes: Brown eyes

Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Ons: TBD

Offs: TBD

Place of Birth: Unknown

Known Relatives: Unknown left at orphanage at as infant

Current Occupation: Petty

Affiliations: None

Hobbies:  Learning, drinking, poker, using his knowledge to his advantage

Strength Level: Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs upwards if clones are involved

Powers:
Self-duplication through kinetic absorption (which includes items on his person at time)
Omni-Knowledge (extensive knowledge learned through re-absorption of clones)
Telepathic linkage to clones (communications, sensory data, location…)
Sonic scream
Psionic force field (protects against sonic vibrations and directs his own sonic power)
Flight (through use of the psionic ability)
Power of suggestion by voice modulation
Enhanced hearing (from distances hearing to discerning a single entity in mass chaos)
Echolocation (either through using his own voice or other sounds)
Sound containment

Fighting Skill: Class 5 through use of clones’ knowledge

Limitations:
                He is vulnerable to overstraining, overusing or injury to his throat and vocal cords.
                He is mortal.

Unusual Features: None

Appearance: 

Personality:  Cj overall attitude is uncaring.  He mostly concern with himself and personal gains.  He has high self-confidences and very self-reliant.  He’s overall morale compass lies in a grey area.

History:
                To say Cj was a product of a broken home would incorrect.  Cj was raised in an orphanage.  Nothing is known of his parents.  He was dropped of one evening on the door step, of a now defunct orphanage in southwest Tennessee.

Cj had always been able to produce clones of himself.  It wasn’t until later when his secondary mutation came to light. He was out on a date when attacked. The thug pulled a gun and demanded money.  Cj’s date began screaming for help, the thug warned the pair before firing a single shoot. Cj stepped in front of his date to shield her.  As the gun went off, Cj screamed. It was that moment the kick his sonic scream into gear. The bullet’s force was diminished instantly and it fell to the ground.  Though he saved the day, Cj lost the girl due to her disgust in “freaks”.

As the years past, Cj learned to rely on himself. He would send out clones to gather up knowledge anyway they could.  They all took different jobs, read books, and learned by doing.  The clones always came back to Cj with all they knew. 

Either it was fate, destiny, or just a curiosity, that brought Cj to New York.  He felt that New York was where he should be.  Though he was still considerable young, Cj relied heavily on his powers to get up to New York on his own.

The truth of Clifford James remains a mystery. Only the boy’s parents know who they are; which are the future’s Theresa Maeve Rourke Cassidy and James Madrox.  Siryn fearfully of her son’s life sent him back in time (with Bishop’s help).  Siryn’s fear was that James would absorb the baby, classifying it as a clone.  She wanted her child to have a chance at life.  She placed Bishop in charge of the young Sean Madrox and kissed her baby good bye.  She felt that if the baby was old enough that he could be able to come into contact with his father and the three could be a family.

LunarSage

We're opening up recruitment again to try and get some new committed blood to play with us.  :-)

Currently as far as canon characters go, Longshot, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Bishop and Nightcrawler are definitely available.  Other canon characters like Boom Boom, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Shatterstar, Cannonball and Havok can be worked in with the right backstory.  Any other canons should be asked about up front.  We'll let you know if they're kosher for this game. 

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, you're more than welcome to create an original mutant character of your own.  Just let us know what your concept is and we can go from there.

Remember also, though most of our PCs so far are straight or bi, we welcome players and characters of any orientation and identity.  We'd love to see some real diversity in here, especially given the setting and theme of the X-Men. 

We're very close to attaining big game status with our own subforum, as well! 

We have have our own subforum for some time now.  Come on in and join the fun!

See the first post for details of character creation.

Kokaine

Getting back into the swing of things posting wise and think I might like to try and join again (with a different character) if you'll have me.

My O/Os

LunarSage

We'd love to have you back, Kokaine!  Send us a sheet and we'll let you know if he or she fits.  :-)

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

We're sending out an all call again to try and get some new committed blood to play with us.  :-)

Currently as far as canon characters go, Longshot, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Bishop and Beast are definitely available.  Other canon characters like Boom Boom, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Shatterstar, Cannonball and Havok can be worked in with the right backstory.  Any other canons should be asked about up front.  We'll let you know if they're kosher for this game. 

Remember also, though most of our PCs so far are straight or bi, we welcome players and characters of any orientation and identity.  We'd love to see some real diversity in here, especially given the setting and theme of the X-Men.  We do have some gay characters in the game at this point and we certainly wouldn't mind some more. 

We have have our own subforum for some time now.  Come on in and join the fun!

See the first post for details of character creation.

Kuroneko

Would you allow a version of Ultimate Forge rather than 616 Forge?
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Kokaine

My O/Os

LunarSage

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 17, 2013, 09:50:08 AM
Would you allow a version of Ultimate Forge rather than 616 Forge?

I don't know anything about Ultimate Forge.  What's different about the character?

Quote from: Kokaine on March 17, 2013, 10:08:06 AM
Is the rule still that a player is only allowed 1 OC?

The one OC and one canon rule was essentially for new players so we could get a sense of that player's commitment to the game before we allowed a bunch of characters.  You've been with us for long enough that I'd allow another OC if you wanted.  :-)

Kuroneko

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 10:11:08 AM
I don't know anything about Ultimate Forge.  What's different about the character?

Mostly that he's younger and was never military.  I've played a version of him on my own Marvel site for a long time, cboosing this version because it allowed me to focus on his Native hertage and make up a suitable rez kid background, treating his powers as a gift from Great Mystery just like any other medicine man.  More of a machine savant prone to meditative trances while using his powers than a mechanic, if that makes sense. Talking to machines, dreaming up new designs, hearing them in his head, and so on.  I guess you'd probably need to read some of it to make a decision on whether or no he'd be suitable.

LunarSage

Ah, that should be fine then.  So no sacrificing the souls of his squadmates to summon demons to kill the enemy to save his own life?   ;)

As long as you play him as though he's been with the X-Men for a few years helping out with gadgets (as that's already been established in this timeline with him as a background NPC before), you can make him yours however you'd like.

You could even make him a student or a student/probationary X-Man.

Kuroneko

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 10:27:06 AM
Ah, that should be fine then.  So no sacrificing the souls of his squadmates to summon demons to kill the enemy to save his own life?   ;)

As long as you play him as though he's been with the X-Men for a few years helping out with gadgets (as that's already been established in this timeline with him as a background NPC before), you can make him yours however you'd like.

You could even make him a student or a student/probationary X-Man.

LOL, uh no.  Just a distracted inventor who talks to every machine around him, maybe even the toaster >.>, occasionally spouting off zen like wisdom and maybe treating the danger room like a perfect girlfriend, lol.

I'd rather he was an X-Man, and build on the NPC background.  I'm not much for playing teenagers ;).

LunarSage

Well we do have a PC who's essentially a ghost in the machine.  Pumpkin Seeds plays her.  Mayhap you should correspond with her for your concept.  :-)

Being an X-Man is totally fine though.  ;D

Kuroneko

I'll take a look at her character sheet ;).

Oh, wait ... the game's in the non con forums.  I'm sorry, but I don't play there.

LunarSage

Well, I've never seen a single NC scene in the year and a half that we've been playing.  Putting it in NC was a pretty arbitrary decision.  If you'd prefer, we can see about getting it moved to Bondage.

Kuroneko

There's no reason to move a game for one person.  I'm just not comfortable playing in the NC forums for personal reasons.

Good luck with the game :)

LunarSage

I've already sent the request.  You're not the first person who's mentioned that, Kuro.  It's something we'd been considering for some time, so no worries... it's not entirely because of you, though we would love to play with you.  :-)

Kuroneko

LunarSage

One thing we want to make a point of mentioning is that we want characters whose backgrounds aren't too outrageous.  Right now we're saying no to Original Characters from the past/future, another dimension, government experiments and the like.

Apologies for not making this clear before... but we're at the moment looking for OCs who are students learning to control their powers or actual X-Men who've got a good handle on their powers.  Experience is fine for X-Men, so long as the bolded and blue part is heeded.

Photo

I'm in. I just had the intention to start an x-men game with 100% original characters, maybe one day we can cross over. :)

Anyway. I'd like to commit a new OC to your RP. I'll find the character template and PM it to you LunarSage. I feel like that is the most simple way to go.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Alysanthia

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 12:08:47 PM
Right now we're saying no to Original Characters from the past/future, another dimension, government experiments and the like.

Wait!?! So you are saying my super awesome character won't get approved?

And I worked so hard on her!!

Worst Idea Ever
Name: Mary Sue

Nom De Guerre: Mary Sue because everyone knows her!

Player Name: Alysanthia

Sex: Female

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 90

Hair: Burnish Summer with flecks of gold and streaks of sunset orange.

Eyes: Emerald Green

Sexual Orientation: Straight but everyone loves her.

Ons:

Offs:

Place of Birth: Neo-Future-Japan

Current Nationality: Semi-Neo-Future-Yesterday-Japan

Known Relatives: Father is Wolverine and Mother is Storm!

Current Occupation: Saving lives!

Hobbies: Creating music, writing, drawing, learning and speaking different langues, running, bicycling, flying her airplane, exploring Mayan ruins, race car driving, and scuba diving.

Origin of Powers:  Was born with them, has been trained by all her father's friends on how to use her powers.

Strength Level: Super

Powers: Can fly, create fire balls, teleport, control weather, can change into animals and summon animals, telepathy, talk to unicorns, cannot die.

Fighting Skill: 6

Limitations: None cause she's perfect.

Unusual Features: Cat ears, angel wings, and a tail.

Appearance:
Simply beautiful, everyone is in awe of how she looks and amazed by the sheer beauty that is Mary Sue.

Personality:  Friendly because no one hates her. Wonders why she was cursed to be so beautiful and liked by so many.

History: Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped. Turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there. I'll tell you how I became the Princess of X-Men! In west Future-Neo-Magical Japan born and raised, on the playground where I spent most of my days.

Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some Sentinels outside of the school. When a couple of guys, they were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your past dad and mom!" I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Xavier!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homes smell you later!" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there! To sit on my throne as the princess of X-Men.

But seriously I would love to rejoin the game if you'll have me.  ;D

Josietta

Photo> We look forward to seeing what you have in mind! The character template is on Post One of this thread. :)

I'll pop it here for conveniency sake for those interested. :)

Character Sheet

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Nom De Guerre:[/b]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[b]Current Nationality:[/b]

[b]Known Relatives:[/b]

[b]Current Occupation:[/b]

[b]Current Place of Residence:[/b] New York

[b]Affiliations:[/b] Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[b]Origin of Powers:[/b]  Breed Mutant

[b]Strength Level:[/b] (This represents physical strength)

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Fighting Skill:[/b] (Class 1-6.  See the rules for such in the Interest Thread.)

[b]Limitations:[/b]

[b]Unusual Features:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] 

[b]History:[/b]

Also For those sending sheets.. Please PM them to all GMs... LunarSage, PumpkinSeeds, and Myself for review.

*giggles uncontrollably* Oh god.. thats brilliant Aly! ;D

We do want you!! And your OC you were playing before if you want to bring her back! Or you can start with a new one if you'd rather. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Flower

Alysanthia

Quote from: Josietta on March 17, 2013, 02:07:14 PM
*giggles uncontrollably* Oh god.. thats brilliant Aly! ;D

We do want you!! And your OC you were playing before if you want to bring her back! Or you can start with a new one if you'd rather. :)

I'd love to be able to play my OC again! :D

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Dancing flower on March 17, 2013, 04:29:21 PM
Thinking of powers is hard...

Don't be afraid of asking for advice, we have many knowledgeable types around here.

Alysanthia

Flower

Quote from: EbonyQueen on March 17, 2013, 05:59:16 PM
Don't be afraid of asking for advice, we have many knowledgeable types around here.
Quote from: Alysanthia on March 17, 2013, 06:33:41 PM
This site is really helpful if you are having a hard time finding a power.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

Thank you for the help tips, ladies. Almost done with the charrie. :)

LunarSage

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 11:21:47 AM
I've already sent the request.  You're not the first person who's mentioned that, Kuro.  It's something we'd been considering for some time, so no worries... it's not entirely because of you, though we would love to play with you.  :-)

I talked it over with the current players and we have decided to have the game remain in the NC forums.  I'm sorry Kuro.  I look forward to playing with you in our other games though.  :-)

Kuroneko

Flower

I would not mind some help fleshing out powers and limitations with her but other than that she's done. :)

Flower's First Charrie
Name: Kyle (pronounced Ky-leh)

Nom De Guerre: Nightmare

Player Name: Dancing Flower

Sex: Female

Height: 5'6

Weight: 130

Hair: Reddish Brown

Eyes: Dark Brown

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Ons: Sweets, music, light colored eyes, Fireworks, insects, autumn

Offs: Springtime, Heat, too much noise, cigarette smoke, ice

Place of Birth: Unknown

Known Relatives: None

Current Occupation: None other than being a student

Hobbies: Listening to music, hanging outdoors, the occasional video game

Strength Level:  Human strength with little to no exercise: Lift (press) approximately 50 lbs

Powers:

Hypnosis: One of Kyle's abilities is being able to induce sleep. At this point, she can only do this by holding her target's gaze.

Create nightmares: Once her target is secure within sleep, Nightmare is capable of creating a dreamscape within their mind. Most of the time, she feeds off their inner fears to make their time within her world almost unbearable.

Turn Dreams into reality: Any injury sustained within the dreamscape would transfer over into the real world.

Illusions: Nightmare is capable of having her opponent believe they are fighting a fear rather than her. Again, it would not cause physical damage if the attack is successful but it would drain the person's mental abilities. 

In the future, with training, Nightmare would be capable of simply observing other people's dreams. Also, she will discover the inner ability to provide peaceful dreams to people rather than the darker side of sleep.

Fighting Skill: Class 1

Limitations: Insomnia, animals immune to abilities, cyborgs immune to ability, potential for ability to turn on its creator

Unusual Features: none

Appearance: Her hair is natural curly, falling slightly past her shoulders. There are times she appears almost lanky but there are some curves on her body. She has light freckles across the bridge of her nose. It is not often she smiles. Her clothing choices tend to lean more towards darker colors of blacks and violets. She never wears dresses. Her only piercing is her ears while she has no tattoos. She tends to like silver jewelry more than gold. Gaudy gems caused her to frown more often than not. 

Personality: A lot has changed since the days Kyle spent in the orpahanage. When she first came to Xavier's Institute, she was leery of friendly faces and people who claimed the desire to help her, but time has proven this to be true rather than a cleverly veiled lie. She is not the most cheerful person in the school but neither is she the gloomiest.

History: Kyle was born in the midst of a January storm in the backseat of her parents' car. Her birth was one full of  gore, screams, then finally silence after her mother. The negative experience was likely the reason why her mother never had another child. Even though her first few hours were not necessarily the best, considering the car was stuck in the snow, Kyle always seemed to be in cheerful spirits as a baby. Forever smiling and gurgling at the cameras her father placed in front of her. It was not until she was about two did the fits start. At first, it was seen as nothing other than a phase. Terrible twos but she was unable to sleep, leading to more tantrums and inclination towards physical violence. Her parents did everything in their power to help but Kyle remained the same. Soon, her mother began to suffer from sleep deprivation as well. Whenever Kyle did sleep at the same time as her parents, their dreams became almost like a mental prison. No matter how hard they tried they could not wake up until Kyle rose from her bed with a ghostly countenance rather than restfulness.

This went on for about a year until her father had enough of their life. Unlike some men, he did not chose to simply leave wife and daughter. When his wife was gone to visit her family, in desperate need of a break after another anxiety attack, her father wrapped her in blankets. He drove until the car's tank was on E then left her outside of a hospital. That was the last time she ever saw her parents. From then, her life was spent within foster homes. Being pretty helped her to be placed within a home but she never stayed for more than a year or two. They all complained about the same troubles. A few years later, it appeared as if she was placed on the black list within the orphanage since potential parents were not brought near her. Among the adults and other children, she was labelled as a freak...a mutant...so it was hard for her to make friends. Forced into solitude, she found some happiness in her ability to fix things. The ability just seemed natural to her so she was always working on some small project within the orphanage as long as she stayed out of the way. 

It was around the age of six, Kyle came to realize something was wrong with her. However, she did not lean the exact nature of what made her different until age nine when she accidentally used her powers maliciously against one of her roommates. The attack was born out of jealousy, and Kyle found herself desiring for the girl to lose what others always swarmed around her for like she was sweetly spun cotton candy. She imagined the girls face breaking out into hives, and nearly fainted when it actually happened in front of her. Yet, Kyle felt no satisfaction in what could have been revenge. The act caused fear of her to deepen, and she was move to a room near the basement.

When she was fifteen, Kyle was brought from the orphanage to live within Xavier's institute. It did not take much convincing for her to come to the school since she was under the impression of being returned just like in the past. That mindset remained until about six months at the Institute.

TheBlackThrone

Hi! I'm new to E but not new to RP. I saw two threads for some Marvel action, and I decided to choose this one. I am relieved that Iceman is still available. Usually I would expect that character to be one of the first to go. I typically tend to be active in the evenings during the week and during the weekends, I am active throughout the entire day. I would very much be interested in the Iceman slot if you'll have me. I can submit a character sheet to the GMs tomorrow night, seeing as I have little time tonight.  :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Josietta

Heyas!

Just be sure to send over the sheet to all three of us (LunarSage, PumpkinSeeds, and me)! ;)

We look forward to seeing what you have.

Also just as a note Iceman is listed on our character roster as inactive if you want to look it over first and see just how our last player handled him that might help as well.  You are free to make adjustments as needed. He wasn't played out too much but he did have the beginnings of a relationship sort of thing with Kitty Pryde and went on a mission with Rogue to the Savage Lands. You may want to peek through those or you can ask just what is important and we'll let you know all that is necessary to move forward.

We are currently in October in game so its only been a month or so since school started.

If you have any questions do feel free to send us a PM.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

TheBlackThrone

Great! I'll be sure to read over the past posts involving him.

I also would like to request an OC, but I want to make sure his concept is okay. He's a cop for the NYPD. Because of this, he may only be active around his job in the city until discovered by the X-men. Once discovered, he can swing by the X-mansion whenever necessary. I've just always had this character, and I've been eager to play him in a lasting storyline. I will submit him along with the Iceman profile when I can. Feel free to let me know what you like and dislike, and we can iron out the wrinkles together.  :-)
The gates are open

Josietta

You are welcome to send over your concept before hand if you want to be sure its all kosher with all the GMs before working out a sheet.

Everyone is allowed one OC  and one Canon (or two OCs) when they first join.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

TheBlackThrone

Good Evening! I was doing some brainstorming for the Iceman profile, and while browsing your threads in the Big Game section, I saw that you had an inactive profile for him. I read over the information and thought it was very similar to what I had brainstormed. I am wondering if it is okay to adopt that profile for the game? I do not claim the work of course. I noticed another thread where I saw some players writing small summaries of what has happened with their characters over a period of time. If allowed to use that profile, I was thinking I could just write a summary for Bobby and what he has been doing during his absence. Let me know what you think.
The gates are open

Josietta

Yes that is acceptable with me.  I think using that profile would be easier in the long run. You do need to write upa time skip summary based on what Bobby has been doing in his absence and when he decided to come back. As in which day/time frame. Did you want him to come back right when that big fight happens? (You'd need to read the plot summary about that to get the full details there) or would it be after?

Lunar? Pumpkin?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pumpkin Seeds

:: looks up from the cookie jar:: Lunar made me do it!  err..oh..umm...:: coughs::

I think that works very well in terms of using the previous profile and work.  Though we may want to make the Relationship thread anew for you if you choose to update or add your own flare to that section.  Also a time skip summary perhaps going back beyond the month advancement mark would be appropriate.  As for when he came back I would say after the fight just to give the player a clean start.

LunarSage

Agreed and Iceman's profile is up and approved, TBT.  :-)

*Directs you to the OOC Thread where you have been officially introduced to the other players*

Josietta

Yup it sure is! :)

Feel free to look over the first post and send in a concept and/or character sheet to myself, LunarSage, and PumpkinSeeds.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LordMing

Okay, Hanks history is prohibitively long, I linked the wiki.  I hope that is acceptable.
*EDIT*  Modified for proper continuity
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Henry Phillip "Hank" McCoy
Nom De Guerre: Beast
Player Name: LordMing
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 402 Lbs
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Blue
Ons:
Offs:
Place of Birth: New York, New York
Current Nationality: USA
Known Relatives: Sadie McCoy (Grandmother), Norton McCoy (Father), Edna McCoy (Mother), Robert McCoy (paternal uncle), John McCoy (paternal uncle)
Current Occupation: Adventurer, Biochemist, College Lecturer
Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters,
Hobbies: Biological, genetic and chemical research
Origin of Powers: Breed Mutant
Strength Level: Low End (1 ton)
Powers:
Superhuman Strength: can lift 1 ton
Superhuman Speed: Can run at 40 MPH, especially on all fours
Superhuman Stamina: Can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours
Superhuman Durability: Not bulletproof, but highly resistant to physical impacts from being hit or falling.
Superhuman Agility: Agility, balance and coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
Superhuman Dexterity: Can perform tasks with his feet as easily as with his hands.
Healing Factor: Able to heal mild to moderate injuries much faster than a human.
Acute Senses: Enhanced olfactory, and auditory
Pheremones: Can secrete pheremones to attract members of either sex.
Claws and Fangs: claws on fingers and toes.  These are sharp and strong enough to rend flesh, wood, stone and some metals.
Intelligence: Possesses an IQ of over 200.  He has extensive knowledge of genetics, biochemistry and electronics as well as other fields of interest.
Fighting Skill: Class 4
Limitations:
Unusual Features: Covered with blue fur, pointed ears, fang-like teeth, claws, unusually large hands and feet (shoe size: 20).
Appearance: Muscular, with blue fur covering his body and claws at the ends of his toes and fingers.  His eyes are yellow.  His hands and feet are usually bare, though he wears whatever clothes appropriate to his situation.  Tends to wear round spectacles that perch on his nose.
Personality: 
Despite his ongoing battle with the demons of loneliness and rejection, he is an inveterate prankster and wit, and besides his brutish exterior, Beast has been the most literate and eloquent of the X-Men, possessing a million-dollar vocabulary. Henry is every bit a human being plagued by duality: man/beast; genius/sports star; gentle giant/feral aggressor.
Equal parts biochemist and activist, Beast focuses on the X-Men's goals of building better relationships between man and mutant. In immersing himself in this campaign, Beast holds hope that in the world he and the other X-Men dream of, he'll finally be known more for the genius within than for the creature outside.
History:
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Josietta

Quote from: LordMing on March 27, 2013, 10:34:50 PM
Okay, Hanks history is prohibitively long, I linked the wiki.  I hope that is acceptable.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Henry Phillip "Hank" McCoy
Nom De Guerre: Beast
Player Name: LordMing
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 402 Lbs
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Blue
Ons:
Offs:
Place of Birth: New York, New York
Current Nationality: USA
Known Relatives: Sadie McCoy (Grandmother), Norton McCoy (Father), Edna McCoy (Mother), Robert McCoy (paternal uncle), John McCoy (paternal uncle)
Current Occupation: Adventurer, S.W.O.R.D. Agent, Biochemist, College Lecturer
Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters, S.W.O.R.D.
Hobbies: Biological, genetic and chemical research
Origin of Powers: Breed Mutant
Strength Level: Class 10
Powers:
Superhuman Strength: can lift 10 tons
Superhuman Speed: Can run at 40 MPH, especially on all fours
Superhuman Stamina: Can exert himself at [eak capacity for several hours
Superhuman Durability: Not bulletproof, but highly resistant to physical impacts from being hit or falling.
Superhuman Agility: Agility, balance and coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
Superhuman Dexterity: Can perform tasks with his feet as easily as with his hands.
Healing Factor: Able to heal mild to moderate injuries much faster than a human.
Acute Senses: Enhanced olfactory, audial and visual senses including cat like night vision
Pheremones: Can secrete pheremones to attract members of either sex.
Claws and Fangs: retractable, razor sharp claws on fingers and toes.  These are sharp and strong enough to rend flesh, wood, stone and some metals.
Intelligence: Possesses an IQ of over 200.  He has extensive knowledge of genetics, biochemistry and electronics as well as other fields of interest.
Fighting Skill: Class 4
Limitations:
Unusual Features: Covered with blue fur, vertical pupils, pointed ears, fang-like teeth, claws, unusually large hands and feet (shoe size: 20).
Appearance: Muscular, with blue fur covering his body and claws at the ends of his toes and fingers.  His eyes are yellow and slitted like a cats.  His hands and feet are usually bare, though he wears whatever clothes appropriate to his situation.  Tends to wear round spectacles that perch on his nose.
Personality: 
Despite his ongoing battle with the demons of loneliness and rejection, he is an inveterate prankster and wit, and besides his brutish exterior, Beast has been the most literate and eloquent of the X-Men, possessing a million-dollar vocabulary. Henry is every bit a human being plagued by duality: man/beast; genius/sports star; gentle giant/feral aggressor.
Equal parts biochemist and activist, Beast focuses on the X-Men's goals of building better relationships between man and mutant. In immersing himself in this campaign, Beast holds hope that in the world he and the other X-Men dream of, he'll finally be known more for the genius within than for the creature outside.
History:

Hey there. We will look it over and get back with you tomorrow once all three GMs can give their opinions. Look for our PM in your inbox! :)  In the mean time feel free to drop by the OOC Thread and have a look around and chit chat. We're a friendly lot and there are plenty of other threads for info and background to see and look at until we can get back to you.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Yes and I'm pretty sure we to back to you with approval.

I'll have Lunar  double check.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Quote from: TamaRose on April 03, 2013, 10:58:52 PM
Just wondering if you guys got my character bio?

Ack!  I am so sorry... your PM got lost in the shuffle and I can do nothing but profusely apologize. 

I'll get you posted up shortly.  In the meanwhile, consider yourself approved.

LunarSage

Update:  Storm and Nightcrawler have been added to the available canons list.

ShadowFox89

How much knowledge of the X-Men comics would you need to play?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

Not much at all, if any really.  Some familiarity does help but in large part there is plenty of support from the GM staff and the players.

LunarSage

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on May 12, 2013, 11:12:12 PM
How much knowledge of the X-Men comics would you need to play?

The lovely Pumpkin Seeds speaks the truth!  :-)

If you're playing a canon, a basic homage should be payed to the character but if you're playing an OC, you can get away with even less actual comic book knowledge. 

We're working on a Wiki as we speak that should make the game's info even more accessible. 

Lady Lunarius

I am very interested!!!

I'd like to play Storm too if that's okay I can work on a sheet. But I'd like to know for sure if that's okay as I've recently made sheets for games and then the person change their mind. X_x
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Josietta

Yep. Storm is available for play. :) I'll double check with LS before I give a full on green light. We had a Storm before if you want to look over her sheet and gameplay, which wasn't a great lot but maybe something you'd want to know.

I'm off to bed but I'll have that answer in the morning for ya.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Josietta on May 14, 2013, 11:58:27 PM
Yep. Storm is available for play. :) I'll double check with LS before I give a full on green light. We had a Storm before if you want to look over her sheet and gameplay, which wasn't a great lot but maybe something you'd want to know.

I'm off to bed but I'll have that answer in the morning for ya.

That's a good enough reason for me to start the sheet at the very least. I'll keep an eye on the thread <3
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Muse

*waves*  hi everyone. 

Any chance I could have Nightcrawler and Pulse back?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

Josietta

I am getting things together to get started on that wiki. I hope to have a lot of it done by the end of next week.

The Wiki will help with finding information and seeing our students and staff!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pumpkin Seeds

LunarSage

We are still recruiting!  Much in the way of plots and cool relationships await!  :-)

Veluux

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Veluux

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Veluux

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Veluux on July 14, 2013, 04:10:05 PM
How could I forget you? You're even in my shout-out post: RE: Elliquiy Shoutout Thread

*pounces back!*

*Blushes* Aww *nudges ground with tip of her toe.* Shucks
>:) Lets see if you can keep up with Ahyisha in this one. She'll make your guy's head spin. MUHAHAHA
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Veluux

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 14, 2013, 04:21:06 PM
>:) Lets see if you can keep up with Ahyisha in this one. She'll make your guy's head spin. MUHAHAHA

Au contraire, I believe MY character will make YOUR head spin (I proposed the idea to Lunar of Deadpool/Wade Wilson making an appearance, either for real or as a Danger Room training excercise). I don't think his head can spin any faster than it already does... and in very chaotic rotations I might add.

:P

Josietta

Lunar's computer is in the shop, until Monday or Tuesday, and he can't get to posts right now but he is checking from his phone. I will have him look for your PM and try to get some form of reply back to you Veluux.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Veluux

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Veluux

Done. I'm completely open to any input or ideas about it. If you'd like a taste at my take on Wilson you can check out a previous RP here: Marvel - A New Fate

Josietta

We are updating our Roster soon with new openings! Anyone is welcome to come in and check us out, ask questions or hang out and see if you are a good fit for our group!! We are always open to any gender, and player who wishes to play any gender, and as always we are LGBT friendly with a few of those in our mix already!

We have a big plot getting started and as always are open to doing side plots for anyone who wants to submit those in to the GMs!

We are a slower paced game, easy going, but steady and strong!  This game as been going since 2011 and we aren't stopping anytime soon, if ever! :D

Don't be shy.. don't be scared of group games! We are always open to introducing new members to E, new group players, and old ones as well!

Our game has a pretty detailed accounting for how to get into the game easily without worry on backstory thats already been written. So as I said before just stop in. If you want to just chill in our Chatterroom thats cool too. We're always willing to entertain and get to know people who might be interested in joining or getting to know us!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

GM NOTICE

The following characters are now available to play as PCs:

Archangel
Wolverine

Please express interest via PM to Josietta and myself.  This will not be first come first served.  If multiple players are interested in the characters, we will make the call as to who gets to the PC based on a handful of factors.  We will not be playing favorites.  If you're interested in more than one of the characters listed, feel free to PM us that you're interested in either of them and let us know which one you're more interested in.  These characters are pretty important to the game so if you have interest in playing either of them, please be honest with both us and yourself whether you can truly commit to posting on a regular basis with them.

Thank you.

-Classic X-Men Team

We also have the following canons available for PCs:

Forge
Banshee
Bishop
Longshot
Polaris
Wolfsbane
Rictor
Boom Boom

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, we also welcome original characters.  Feel free to ask any questions you wish here or via PM to myself and Josietta.

Phaia

Hey Lunar how ya been?

Xmen hmm may have to give this some thought... I could dust off Domino! I seem to remember you kinda liked how I was handling her in another group.
Or even Raven Queen ;)

Phaia

LunarSage

Quote from: Phaia on December 09, 2013, 11:07:26 PM
Hey Lunar how ya been?

Xmen hmm may have to give this some thought... I could dust off Domino! I seem to remember you kinda liked how I was handling her in another group.
Or even Raven Queen ;)

Phaia

Heya Phaia.  :-)

Domino is a possibility.

EDIT:  Sorry, I spaced there.  I already told other players no on Domino in the past for this game.

Raven Queen, maybe... though I'd love to see you come up with something entirely fresh for the game too.  We'd love to have you. 

Josietta

Quote from: LunarSage on December 09, 2013, 12:08:33 PM
GM NOTICE

The following characters are now available to play as PCs:

Archangel
Wolverine

Please express interest via PM to Josietta and myself.  This will not be first come first served.  If multiple players are interested in the characters, we will make the call as to who gets to the PC based on a handful of factors.  We will not be playing favorites.  If you're interested in more than one of the characters listed, feel free to PM us that you're interested in either of them and let us know which one you're more interested in.  These characters are pretty important to the game so if you have interest in playing either of them, please be honest with both us and yourself whether you can truly commit to posting on a regular basis with them.

Thank you.

-Classic X-Men Team

We also have the following canons available for PCs:

Forge
Banshee
Bishop
Longshot
Polaris
Wolfsbane
Rictor
Boom Boom

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, we also welcome original characters.  Feel free to ask any questions you wish here or via PM to myself and Josietta.

Archangel and Wolverine have been claimed.  We do have Psylocke coming up for play however. Though it is going to be done as Wolverine and Archangel were.  PM with interest only.

Also... Just to note to those leery of joining preexisting big group games.. we are a slow paced game. It is easy to keep up with our storylines and we are more than willing to work with you.  We have plots open for personal character developments as well as running 2 Danger Room scenarios at a time  and a big group plot.  So there is always room for you to get in on some action... start your own character plots... or just hang out and do side scenes sandbox style. 

We have a mix of types of characters, from lesbian/bisexual/gay and we welcome any and all to the game that wants to give it a go. As GMs we do try to accommodate any type of gender/non gender/sexuality you may want to play out. That can be seen in a few characters we have in the game currently.

Please do PM us with any interest you may have or post up ideas you have for characters here! We are open and willing to work with almost anything you may have in mind. If you have something that won't work in the time line, Lunar is very good at helping to work something similiar or help you find something you will want to play that does work with the story we have going. :)

So come join in on the fun! We're fun and friendly and we won't bite.. unless you want us to! ;)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Mmmmm..... I'm quite interested in this. Are we limited to canon characters listed here? Are there any powers that are off limits, or too many characters with the same ability/ies? Are there certain restrictions on original characters?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Josietta

Quote from: persephone325 on February 07, 2014, 02:29:09 AM
Mmmmm..... I'm quite interested in this. Are we limited to canon characters listed here? Are there any powers that are off limits, or too many characters with the same ability/ies? Are there certain restrictions on original characters?

I'm half asleep here so i'm gonna try to answer these real quick and may come back in tomorrow and add or edit things.

First off, we are accepting Canon or Original Characters.  Powers that are off limits -- Time and Space, Mind Control, Emotion Control, I'm sure theres a couple more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

You should read the Wiki for more info and  the first page to the IC/OOC. Those two pages will have alot of info you are asking about.

Like I said I'll pop back in here tomorrow and answer more thoroughly. I'm heading to bed now. *hugs*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Quote from: Josietta on February 07, 2014, 03:01:21 AM
I'm half asleep here so i'm gonna try to answer these real quick and may come back in tomorrow and add or edit things.

First off, we are accepting Canon or Original Characters.  Powers that are off limits -- Time and Space, Mind Control, Emotion Control, I'm sure theres a couple more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

You should read the Wiki for more info and  the first page to the IC/OOC. Those two pages will have alot of info you are asking about.

Like I said I'll pop back in here tomorrow and answer more thoroughly. I'm heading to bed now. *hugs*

*hugs* Have a good night, Josi! Thank you for the links. ^^ I can already feel my muse running about. :-)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

apygoos

LunarSage

persephone:  We'd love to have you!  As far as canons go, there's a list of who's taken and who's generally available on the first page of this thread.  If there's a canon character you were curious about that's not on that list, PM Josietta and I about them and we'll let you know if they're up for grabs or not.  :-)

persephone325

Quote from: LunarSage on February 10, 2014, 08:59:29 AM
persephone:  We'd love to have you!  As far as canons go, there's a list of who's taken and who's generally available on the first page of this thread.  If there's a canon character you were curious about that's not on that list, PM Josietta and I about them and we'll let you know if they're up for grabs or not.  :-)

I'm excited, Lunar! I've wanted to join an X-Men game for a while. ^^

One thing I could find an answer for on the wiki, is if there are any restrictions on original characters. Besides the powers that are off limits that Josi listed.
I don't know.

LunarSage

I'm excited for you as well!  :-)

Restrictions in what way?  Other than powers, the only things that are restricted at this point are origins for OCs.  This means no esoteric origins like being the child of one or two canon Marvel characters from the future, from the future, past, another dimension, government experiment or anything of the like.  Normal mutant backgrounds please.  We're looking for characters who have a reason to be at the Institute to learn to control their powers if a student.  Origins can be slightly less tame (with the previous restrictions still in mind) for actual X-Men.

Josietta

We should also note that Xmen Members have more leeway in terms of powers and power mastery compared to students.  We have a good number of each, so if you want to make one of each you are welcome to, or just one or the other is fine. We'd like to keep it at a max of 2 characters to start. You will find we are a slow/relaxed paced game most of the time. If you get involved in the GM plots or other type plots we do ask for more participation/posting but those are posted as such when we put them up for sign ups, along with the rate we are looking for. Typically with posting we are pretty patient. We've gotten this far (it'll be 3 years in August we've had our game running) with our understanding and patience with our players and we aren't about to change it now. :)  So as stated in our GM Announcements thread, we typically give a lot of leeway as long as communication is continued. Thats a huge factor in our game -- the OOC communication with us.

We have plot points threads where you can post up an idea of a plot for your character or something you might want to do with other characters. We have sandbox threads for you to just post with whoever you want whenever, private threads for those moments you need intimacy (though there are rules in place for students regarding this -which we can explain later), and we have Plot threads, past plot threads (For scenes in the past), and Danger Room threads. Lots of places for RP and its all kept neatly organized so theres no confusion. 

I try to keep a summary up of whats going on in game every issue so you don't have a ton of back reading to do. I still need to post another one up soon.

The wiki is not complete yet (as you may have noticed) but it does have a lot of the important information on it.  If you need help figuring out powersets Lunar is WONDERFUL at doing that. He listens to what ideas you have and can give you ideas on powersets based from that. :)  Just feel free to pop us a PM and we'll work with you however much or little you need. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

OK. Thank you both. That makes sense, and answered my question. ^^
I don't know.

Kimera

I'm actually interested in making an OC, if that is still possible.

LunarSage

Quote from: Kimera on February 14, 2014, 04:07:42 PM
I'm actually interested in making an OC, if that is still possible.

Sure, go ahead and submit a character under the guidelines here on the WIKI.  The more the merrier!  :-)

Though note the following especially regarding backgrounds:

"All characters start the game as having already been present at the Institute, either as probationary X-Men, full fledged X-Men or students.
No esoteric backgrounds will be accepted at this point. This means no characters from another time/dimension/planet. No government experiments. We want to see normal mutants who are coming to the institute to learn to control their powers properly."

As far as powers go, mutants' powers generally fit a common theme.  At this time you may select one "major" power and two "minor" powers at the most.  You don't have to have a major and two minors.  You could have a major and one minor or simply two minor powers, but not more than one major and two minor powers.

Examples:

A mutant character could have a fire generation power as their major power with fire immunity as a minor power.  The player could if they desired add the ability to manipulate fire on a limited basis (since it's a minor power).

A mutant character could have rock-like skin as a major power and superhuman strength (Class 50) as two minor powers.

I hope that makes sense.

Please use the character sheet format on the page that I linked above for your submission.  Remember to send the sheet to both myself and Josietta.  One note, please no anime pictures.  Comic book pictures, drawings or real life face claims are fine.  See our existing approved character sheets for some examples of pictures that are acceptable.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing what you have to show us.  :-)

persephone325

I don't know.

LunarSage

Chaosfox

I may look into joining this one I have seen the recruitment for it in the past. Just not sure if I want to do an OC or take one of the open cannon characters.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Josietta

Hey there!!

You are welcome to try either or both!  If you have any questions or concerns about either an OC or a Canon feel free to pop myself and LunarSage a PM  or ask away here if you want. We'll answer and quickly as we can and hopefully help with any hesitation you may feel.

Our game is slower paced and we are patient so there is no worries there. We have a few players who like a faster pace at times and there is always room for side scenes to mix into our plot scenes as well. We do both so there is almost always going to be some kind of combat going on somewhere if you choose to participate in it. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Chaosfox

RP I think for now I will stick to an OC I have Ideas from past marvel games I have played and  I'm feeling a bit to lazy to  research  cannon characters at the moment >.<  I will look  through what all you guys have right now (Just to see what powers you guys have covered and what not) and may have a character submitted tonight or sometime tomorrow.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Josietta

Sounds good! Just be sure to read over the info listed above that Lunar laid out for Persephone as far as power restrictions and such.  You may want to PM myself and Lunar your concept and basic idea before you fill out a complete sheet just so we can give you an okay or not on the OC.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Spynmaster

LunarSage

Heya Spynmaster!

*reposts, because it still works*   ;)

Sure, go ahead and submit a character under the guidelines here on the WIKI.  The more the merrier!  :-)

Though note the following especially regarding backgrounds:

"All characters start the game as having already been present at the Institute, either as probationary X-Men, full fledged X-Men or students.
No esoteric backgrounds will be accepted at this point. This means no characters from another time/dimension/planet. No government experiments. We want to see normal mutants who are coming to the institute to learn to control their powers properly."

As far as powers go, mutants' powers generally fit a common theme.  At this time you may select one "major" power and two "minor" powers at the most.  You don't have to have a major and two minors.  You could have a major and one minor or simply two minor powers, but not more than one major and two minor powers.

Examples:

A mutant character could have a fire generation power as their major power with fire immunity as a minor power.  The player could if they desired add the ability to manipulate fire on a limited basis (since it's a minor power).

A mutant character could have rock-like skin as a major power and superhuman strength (Class 50) as two minor powers.

I hope that makes sense.

Please use the character sheet format on the page that I linked above for your submission.  Remember to send the sheet to both myself and Josietta.  One note, please no anime pictures.  Comic book pictures, drawings or real life face claims are fine.  See our existing approved character sheets for some examples of pictures that are acceptable.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing what you have to show us.  :-)

Spynmaster

Excellent! As far as powers go, I'm definitely leaning towards mental powers, like telekinesis, kinetic weapons(like blades and poles), flight, enhanced speed, etc.

Have you checked out this wikia? http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

LunarSage

Quote from: Spynmaster on February 25, 2014, 12:35:57 PM
Excellent! As far as powers go, I'm definitely leaning towards mental powers, like telekinesis, kinetic weapons(like blades and poles), flight, enhanced speed, etc.

Sweet.  We look forward to what you can come up with!  :-)

QuoteHave you checked out this wikia? http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

Yes, I believe I've looked at that before.  By all means if it helps you figure out your character's powers, feel free to use it.  ;D