Steffy's Magic Shop

Started by Steffy, July 04, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Al Terego

Quote from: Steffy on August 12, 2018, 02:06:50 PM
[snippety] But even if it’s not disrespectful whatever that means, I’ll keep a watch. [snip]

Fine, fine, here's your watch

Quote from: Amelita on August 12, 2018, 03:54:50 PM
THIS IS EFFIN BRILLIANT!

What's an effin?  Is it like an elven muffin?

Amelita

Just a more polite 'fucking' ::) Developed from 'f***ing'

XD

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Al Terego

Quote from: Amelita on August 13, 2018, 04:25:04 AM
Just a more polite 'fucking' ::)

Polite fucking?  Is that a Canadian thing?
So an extended foreplay, making sure the lady achieves complete satisfaction, and saying "please" when suggesting and "thank you" after the fact?

Quote from: Amelita on August 13, 2018, 04:25:04 AM
Developed from 'f***ing'

Interesting.  I will add the word Ftriplestaring to my vocabulary.
Thank you Lita.

Flower

I couldn't think of any other place to share this... And I want to since it's a huge makeover. #proudofmyself

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89614.msg14325469#msg14325469

I need to figure out how to make the group code less messy. Suggestions are welcome.

Steffy

Heave ho!  All together now!

Thoughtful Steffy (analyst)

As I agree that only one set of magicians would be capable of such a task, I ask Flower:

Q.  What do you want exactly?  Group code less messy--huh? (that's a Steffy reaction only)?  Design?  Formatting? 

Oh!  And besides specific how about some general reaction of changes from anyone.  An extra spell perhaps.

I will say you have one impressive collection of work there Miss!

Flower

It's a bit lengthy. I'll have to fiddle with it.

Al Terego

Very nice, Flower!  Kudos and standing ovations!
I particularly liked the idea of putting [hr] tags inside the table.

I know that only Steffy is allowed to to issue awards, badges and plaques, so this is just an unofficial token of appreciation:

One small suggestion.  You could save one column by making the RP name also serve either as a link (putting it inside [url] tags) or as the description (by using it as the label of the [spoiler] tag).

Cheers,
-- Al

Steffy

There just may be a landslide of praise Flower, so . . . . . . .
to get things rolling along with that growing flower above, for an overall reaction how about:

Flower

Quote from: Al Terego on August 13, 2018, 03:27:25 PM
Very nice, Flower!  Kudos and standing ovations!
I particularly liked the idea of putting [hr] tags inside the table.

I know that only Steffy is allowed to to issue awards, badges and plaques, so this is just an unofficial token of appreciation:

One small suggestion.  You could save one column by making the RP name also serve either as a link (putting it inside [url] tags) or as the description (by using it as the label of the [spoiler] tag).

Cheers,
-- Al

I'll have to give that a go. Thank you. Also hey!  (^^)

Quote from: Steffy on August 13, 2018, 03:44:28 PM
There just may be a landslide of praise Flower, so . . . . . . .
to get things rolling along with that growing flower above, for an overall reaction how about:

Lol thank you. I'll be glad when it's done

Steffy

Flower in a Nutshell

I can be of no help personally on any coding or any formatting.  (I know: obviously!) 
I also will say my advice would be to listen to advice, but it looks super.
That said, with so much, might you want to say something that summarizes the whole experience?
Maybe: 'Please unzip a little or a lot and enjoy' or the essence of Flower summarized. 
That’s the purpose of the pic, to illustrate and see if that idea presents any interest.
I did see a construct where a person was in the opening area of the nut

Steffy

& NOW

Is it so hard to get framing of a picture, as if a smart phone is taking the pic? 

So let’s say there’s a pic of KitCat and I want it to appear as if I’ve captured that pic on a cell phone.  I want both to appear.  KitCat is pictured in the background and a picture is shown in the cell phone screen image.  Is that so hard? 

What is it with you people?

Al Terego

Quote from: Steffy on August 15, 2018, 03:48:53 PM
So let’s say there’s a pic of KitCat and I want it to appear as if I’ve captured that pic on a cell phone.  I want both to appear.  KitCat is pictured in the background and a picture is shown in the cell phone screen image.  Is that so hard?

Nope.

Quote from: Steffy on August 15, 2018, 03:48:53 PM
What is it with you people?

I don't know.  What is it with us people?

-- Sent from my AlPhone

Steffy

Tick-Tock!!!!!

Al!  There’s no time!  We need to defuse the situation. 

The only solution is revealing the pic trick. 

Tick-Tock!!! 

Hurry, please! Hurry!

Flower

Quote from: Al Terego on August 15, 2018, 05:46:12 PM
Nope.

I don't know.  What is it with us people?

-- Sent from my AlPhone

That's really cool.

Al Terego

Oops...

Al Terego

You know what they say about laws and sausages?  Here's the ugly technical part:

Step #1: Find a phone image.
Go to Google images; search terms: iphone hand; if you're lazy time-conscious, click on [tools] ans set the colour to 'transparent', otherwise you'll have to use an image editor to delete the background and screen using a 'magic wand' tool.

Step #2: Find a better Kit Cat image.
Yandex search by image sometimes gives better results than Google due to a different search algorithm but every now and then I find the need to use both. going back and forth with 'similar pictures' until I find something good.

Step #3: Fire up an image editor that supports layers.
I use Paint.net, but you can use Gimp, Photoshop, Corel Draw or others.  Online editors work as well (I posted links earlier)

Step #4: Open it Cat's pic as layer #1 (from bottom)

Step #5: Create 2 more layers

Step #6: Open or paste iPhone pic as layer #3, scale and position to fit.

Step #7: Paste Kit Cat's pic to layer #2, scale and position to fit the part that you want framed into the iPhone screen.
This works best when layer #1 visibility is turned off as to not interfere.

Step #8: Select a rectangle slightly larger than the phone's screen on later #2, invert the selection and delete it.
That way only the picture inside the phone screen remains.

Step #9: Apply a blur to layer #1.  I used 'unfocus blur' but your editor of choice can have different (or better ones).  Play with the blur strength to achieve the desired effect.
Don't forget to restore the visibility of the layer if you turned it off in step #7.

Step #10: Save (or export) your work as a JPEG file, upload it to Elliwiki, and post in the appropriate thread.

Step #11: Accept songs of praise, heaps of adoration, bags of money and countless offers of sexual favours from the grateful masses.

Step #12: Profit! Live happily ever after.

Kit Cat

Quote from: Al Terego on August 15, 2018, 10:12:59 PM
You know what they say about laws and sausages?  Here's the ugly technical part:

Step #1: Find a phone image.
Go to Google images; search terms: iphone hand; if you're lazy time-conscious, click on [tools] ans set the colour to 'transparent', otherwise you'll have to use an image editor to delete the background and screen using a 'magic wand' tool.

Step #2: Find a better Kit Cat image.
Yandex search by image sometimes gives better results than Google due to a different search algorithm but every now and then I find the need to use both. going back and forth with 'similar pictures' until I find something good.

Step #3: Fire up an image editor that supports layers.
I use Paint.net, but you can use Gimp, Photoshop, Corel Draw or others.  Online editors work as well (I posted links earlier)

Step #4: Open it Cat's pic as layer #1 (from bottom)

Step #5: Create 2 more layers

Step #6: Open or paste iPhone pic as layer #3, scale and position to fit.

Step #7: Paste Kit Cat's pic to layer #2, scale and position to fit the part that you want framed into the iPhone screen.
This works best when layer #1 visibility is turned off as to not interfere.

Step #8: Select a rectangle slightly larger than the phone's screen on later #2, invert the selection and delete it.
That way only the picture inside the phone screen remains.

Step #9: Apply a blur to layer #1.  I used 'unfocus blur' but your editor of choice can have different (or better ones).  Play with the blur strength to achieve the desired effect.
Don't forget to restore the visibility of the layer if you turned it off in step #7.

Step #10: Save (or export) your work as a JPEG file, upload it to Elliwiki, and post in the appropriate thread.

Step #11: Accept songs of praise, heaps of adoration, bags of money and countless offers of sexual favours from the grateful masses.

Step #12: Profit! Live happily ever after.

Find a better Kit Cat image...I'd be hurt if the one you hadn't found of it wasn't so good!

Purple is my favourite colour too, though using that search engine has helped me find a couple of new images too!

So instead of being hurt, have some hugs instead!!

Steffy

NSDB Steffy

“That’s sort of complicated.  So many steps.  Wait.  I know.  Step 1 locate Al.  More steps:  Have picture in mind.  Look helpless.  Knock on Al’s door.  Bat eyelashes.  Sigh.  Heave chest.  Ask Al.  ‘Can you do the picture thing for me?  I’d be very appreciative.’ Guage need for more eyelash batting and chest heaving.”

Thank you Al!

Jaclyn

  You mean like this? #Giggle

  Tammy's Shehog!

  Something else I did was when I was doing makeovers back at the Lacy Place Orientation Center, I'd have the player send me a picture of what the wanted to look like after the makeover was over, and then surprise them with their picture in a mirror like this. Same technique. I use GIMP so I made and kept around several different mirrors with transparent centers, then put that in front of the avatar picture and resized the avatar to fit in the mirror.

Al Terego

Quote from: Kit Cat on August 16, 2018, 04:26:24 AM
Find a better Kit Cat image...I'd be hurt if the one you hadn't found of it wasn't so good!

I meant to say "better suited for the task at hand."

And no you wouldn't, because being hurt is so uncatlike.  Now pretending to be hurt is something that I fully expect a cat to do.

Quote from: Steffy on August 16, 2018, 07:24:32 AM

NSDB Steffy

“That’s sort of complicated.  So many steps.  Wait.  I know.  Step 1 locate Al.  More steps:  Have picture in mind.  Look helpless.  Knock on Al’s door.  Bat eyelashes.  Sigh.  Heave chest.  Ask Al.  ‘Can you do the picture thing for me?  I’d be very appreciative.’ Guage need for more eyelash batting and chest heaving.”

Thank you Al!

Ugh!  Boobs!  Unfair!

Quote from: Jaclyn on August 16, 2018, 09:54:49 AM
  Something else I did was when I was doing makeovers back at the Lacy Place Orientation Center, I'd have the player send me a picture of what the wanted to look like after the makeover was over, and then surprise them with their picture in a mirror like this. Same technique. I use GIMP so I made and kept around several different mirrors with transparent centers, then put that in front of the avatar picture and resized the avatar to fit in the mirror.

Well then, speaking of mirrors...  *cracks knuckles*

Ages ago, when the universe was young and Al (then known as Lurker) was settling into his role as the resident alien of the Bimbo Sanctuary (now defunct), among his friends there was a certain lady called Shauna Marie, who one day posted pictures of herself in drag.  Given that the avatar she was using was a picture of Natalie Wiggins, I decided to transform her into her idol.

Here is the result
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9-RVG8Fqk

Turn on the sound, it doesn't "work" nearly as well without the Grae Phillips song in the background.

Full-size clip can be downloaded from here.

Peace,
Lurker.

Jaclyn

This is an experiment only. Comments welcome. I’m inspecting visual readability, font sizes first and then fonts. (And thanks to Wikipedia for the pangrams).

Default font, which as best I can tell is specified as Verdana, Arial, sans-serif. More on this below.

  Jived fox nymph grabs quick waltz. (8 pt)
  Glib jocks quiz nymph to vex dwarf. (default size, 10 pt I believe)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (10 pt)
  How vexingly quick daft zebras jump! (12 pt)
  The five boxing wizards jump quickly. (14 pt)

Okay, verified that the default here is 10 pt. My eyes are better with 12 pt so I’m staying with that – partly why I’m doing this. Now let’s try those three fonts. Staying with one pangram for this.

  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Verdana)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Arial)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (sans-serif)

Okay, I use the Chrome browser in Windows 10 on a PC. I’ll look at this again in other Windows browsers and modify this remark accordingly. Chrome renders the Verdana different from the Arial and sans-serif. How does Safari on a Mac or iPad render those?

And just for giggles, the 11 (updated for October ’23 changes) fonts offered in the toolbar above, with one pangram again for comparison

  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Arial)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Arial Black)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Comic Sans MS)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Courier New)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Georgia, my personal favorite)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Impact)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Sans-serif)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Serif)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Times New Roman)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Trebuchet MS, MS is short for Microsoft who designed and owns the font)
  Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. (Verdana)

And there you have this little experiment. My suggestion, now that we know how to format, pick your fonts and sizes for your reader. A little added effort goes a long way.

Steffy

Shhh!!!  Jaclyn's thinkin' and experimenting!

Steffy

Sure.  She said it was an experiment.

But experiments have results right? 

I’ll just rest my eyes and get comfortable until the experiment results are known.

Al Terego

Not really magic, just something neat to keep in mind:
spoilers
can
be
nested
:)

Thank you to FroreQueen for prompting it.