News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

OneManga is shutting down...

Started by BraveEarth, July 22, 2010, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraveEarth

I just found out today, I often use the site for it's convience and lack of viruses (Yes I mean you MangaFox) and I'm honestly bummed that it's shutting itself down.

Nyarly

Well, it's not like there aren't any better sites.

While I certainly don't say "good riddance", I do feel rather indifferent.

Wolfy

D:..But..But I use One Manga!...or MangaFox. o-o

Unless anyone can recommend somewhere better. T-T

Ramael

Mangastream. Especially for Naruto.

Nyarly

LIAR

Considering the reason as to why they're shutting down, a lot of other sites will be doing the same or dropping a lot of their material.

aya

Mangastream for my fairy tail needs. Mangafox too I guess D:

If not, it's back to IRC @_@

Wolfy

This sucks..o-o...Cause like...while I don't mind buying Manga, it's expensive as hell. o-o

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on July 23, 2010, 12:39:10 AM
This sucks..o-o...Cause like...while I don't mind buying Manga, it's expensive as hell. o-o

Have to agree with ya wolfy, if they brought down the prices I might consider grabbing manga once in awhile. Especially if I really enjoyed the series but so far the only one Ive read from front to back is Gantz. Bleach, FMA, and Kurumi were the only ones I even read halfway through
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

King_Furby

i think manga sucks but i know onemanga was important to alot of people but i heard they are keeping their forums open.

Kunoichi

They are, but forums aren't manga.  I know the only reason I was ever on their forums was to talk with people about the latest releases of manga I was following, and with the manga section of the site shutting down, I've got pretty much no reason to go there any longer... ^^;

Nyarly

But really, this isn't just happening to OneManga. Other sites shut down or remove mangas too.

Black Orchid

Is this over the Yaoi conflict? My sister is going to noes dive into depression...
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

Wolfy

Damn it. D:..I want to read Franken Fran, but MangaFox is down right now! T-T

Nyarly

Not just Mangafox...

The publishers are finally acting against such sites. While it's not impossible to get free mangas (this is the internet after all), it will be much harder in the future.

Wolfy

Well that sucks. o-o..Manga is expensive.

Zadaris

Mangstream is a great place for reading all the currents but I occasionally like to go back and read over some earlier chapters, an impossibilty on that site. And Mangafox is too slow half the time.

Quote from: Nyarly on July 25, 2010, 10:18:07 AM
Not just Mangafox...

The publishers are finally acting against such sites. While it's not impossible to get free mangas (this is the internet after all), it will be much harder in the future.

Onemanga going down has set a precedent for the publishers; if we can take one down, we can take all of them down. As expensive as manga can be I'd still pay for it... if it was available. Ireland is too small a country and publishers don't take into account its lack of availability here.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

RoseyRene

Quote from: Black Orchid on July 24, 2010, 09:11:16 AM
Is this over the Yaoi conflict? My sister is going to noes dive into depression...

Well.. Recommend her animea.net,
it has a good collection of mangas including yaoi :D
for me, this animea have quite a good collection of mangas and some categories might even have more mangas available compared to onemanga.com.. :D Hope this helps~