News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Israel / Hamas Conflict in the West Bank

Started by GloomCookie, October 07, 2023, 04:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elone

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 11, 2023, 10:00:46 AM
It comes with disavowing something. When you reject a belief you don't go around spreading it. Hope that helps.

Doesn't help at all, I find your logic ridiculous. No one spread Unz beliefs. Do you consider speaking of it spreading it?  If so, you are guilty as sin.

In July 2018, in articles for The Unz Review, he wrote about the claims in the Czarist forgery The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Henry Ford's The International Jew. Ford's work, a series of antisemitic pamphlets published in the 1920s, appeared to Unz to be "quite plausible and factually-oriented, even sometimes overly cautious in their presentation." He partly accepted the standard consensus on the Protocols but believes they were assembled by "someone who was generally familiar with the secretive machinations of elite international Jews against the existing governments... who drafted the document to outline his view of their strategic plans."

In August 2018, Unz made use of Holocaust denial arguments and wrote, "I think it far more likely than not that the standard Holocaust narrative is at least substantially false, and quite possibly, almost entirely so." That same year, The Unz Review published material written by Holocaust denier Kevin Barrett, while Unz himself defended David Irving, who lost his libel case against Deborah Lipstadt. Unz also implied that Mossad was involved in the murders of President John F. Kennedy and his brother Robert. Writing about the 2001 September 11 attacks in a September 2018 article for his Review, Unz stated: "the vast weight of the evidence clearly points in a single direction, implicating Israel and its Mossad intelligence service, with the case being overwhelmingly strong in motive, means, and opportunity.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

RedPhoenix

You've let the mask slip far too far. Nobody's buying it any more.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

inkybus

Quote from: elone on October 11, 2023, 11:29:11 AM
Sorry, 88 means nothing tome and vicious mockery has no place here unless you want this topic shut down.
Mocking that shitstain mono-balled artist-reject and his koala-brained followers for motherless behaviour is a great past-time and any opportunity to do so should be taken whenever the topic or one of their propaganda rags pops up. But that is just my opinion.

Back to the original topic, some places at least do something that wants to be good. One can only hope they will be met with resounding success: Israel preparing hospitals ahead of expected escalation of violence, health ministry says

Rinzler

Quote from: elone on October 11, 2023, 11:29:11 AM
For you information, Weiss is not Unz.  They are different people. Read the Mondoweiss rules. You could also call it Weiss' world. I think you would find anti semitism under a rock in the desert. Being against apartheid and supporting Palestinian rights (not Hamas murder) is not anti semitic.  If you even know what that means. From Websters.

Semite
noun
Sem·​ite ˈse-ˌmīt   especially British  ˈsē-ˌmīt
1: a. member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs
    b. descendant of these peoples

2: a member of a modern people speaking a Semitic language

Please don't play this trite and hackneyed game. We all know what 'antisemitism' means, and the resort to point blank literalism is disingenuous.

elone

Quote from: Rinzler on October 11, 2023, 11:54:24 AM
Please don't play this trite and hackneyed game. We all know what 'antisemitism' means, and the resort to point blank literalism is disingenuous.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 11, 2023, 11:41:01 AM
You've let the mask slip far too far. Nobody's buying it any more.

Quote from: inkybus on October 11, 2023, 11:53:02 AM
Mocking that shitstain mono-balled artist-reject and his koala-brained followers for motherless behaviour is a great past-time and any opportunity to do so should be taken whenever the topic or one of their propaganda rags pops up. But that is just my opinion.

I am not sure what you all are talking about. Apparently you do not either. When you have nothing to say, come up with some bull is the only answer I can find.  You three apparently do not believe the dictionary either. God gave nothing to anyone, it was just taken by force of arms and always will be apparently. Have a nice day.

Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

RedPhoenix

Quote from: elone on October 11, 2023, 02:23:10 PMGod gave nothing to anyone, it was just taken by force of arms and always will be apparently. 

You think this is subtle, but it isn't.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Chulanowa

Quote from: elone on October 11, 2023, 02:23:10 PM
I am not sure what you all are talking about. Apparently you do not either. When you have nothing to say, come up with some bull is the only answer I can find.  You three apparently do not believe the dictionary either. God gave nothing to anyone, it was just taken by force of arms and always will be apparently. Have a nice day.

Okay so one, RedPhoenix and Inkybus are absolutely being goofy in their criticism of one of the few media outlets that allows for the notion that Palestinians are not subhumans deserving only mass extermination. Receiving a check from an asshole does not align one with that asshole, as I'm sure their favorite politicians and organizations and outlets (such as DailyMail and OpIndia) can certainly attest to.

Buuuuut

Antisemitism does mean just the one thing. It defines bigotry against Jewish people, both in terms of religious practice and ancestry. While there are other "semitic peoples" (sort of, "semitic" is a very 19th century term) bigotry against them does not fall under the term "antisemtism," even if it often looks identical.

Honestly most forms of bigotry don't have their own terminology, and sometimes the term used is kind of inaccurate ("Homophobia" and "Islamophobia" aren't phobias, "Antiziganism" relies on a questionable exonym for a lot of people not technically covered by said exonym... ) so it's genuinely better to look at how that word is used and what that word means rather than trying to break it down into component parts and work it from there.

The good news, Israel is a country, not the Jewish people. Criticizing, insulting, or disparaging Israel says nothing towards Jews. Similarly with Zionism - While plenty of Jews are definitely Zionists, Zionism does not define nor is it at all intrinsic to Jews as a people or faith. It's just a really shitty fucking political ideology.

Of course it's possible - and annoyingly frequent - to antisemitism posed as criticism of Israel (tbh your "god gave nothing to anyone" coming out of the blue is borderline) or to see criticism of Israel (or support for Palestine) falsely attributed as antisemitism.

Ironically, doing the latter is also antisemitic, as labeling such thing as "Antisemtiic" creates the supposition that a singular state, a particular political ideology, and hated and violence towards Palestinians are all intrinsic to the nature of Jewish people, and thus criticizing those things is "anti-Jewish."

So let's not do that here either.

elone

Poetry
O/O's

GloomCookie

It's obvious to me that this is a very hot button topic so I am going to temporarily lock this thread for 24 hours to hopefully let tempers cool.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

GloomCookie

I’ve unlocked this thread again, hoping 24 hours was enough to cool tempers and get people to be polite and respectable to each other.
My DeviantArt

Chulanowa

Earlier in the thread I offered to answer any questions someone might have about this conflict. It looks like I missed one from WhatLiesAbove!

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 08, 2023, 09:06:25 PM
However, I do have a question that nobody seems willing to answer. With everything going on, it's never pointed out that the other countries surrounding Israel....Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt...have not only never done ANYTHING to help the Palestinians, they openly deny them any entry to any part of their countries. Yet at the same time, those same countries curse Israel and throughout the last 70 years have at some point or another called for it's extermination. Why is that?

Okay so strictly speaking, this isn't a question, it's an assertion mispunctuated with a question mark (what Jon Stewart once referred to a "a cavuto") but yanno what let's go with it.

So, first off, all of these nations have taken in an absolute ton of refugees. Lebanon hosts the largest refugee population relative to its own population of any country outside Palestine itself, with Egypt probably close after ("probably" because there's some issues there which I may get back to.) If you were unaware, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt aren't exactly the wealthiest places on earth, and have all of their own problems (this should be especially obvious in  the case of Syria) But we don't usually shit-talk Uganda or Cameroon for "not doing enough" while they're absorbing tons of refugees from CAR, Rwanda, or DRC, so I dunno why that's a thing here.

Second, most of these nations lend some level of political support to Palestine in the world stage; Lebanon and Syria very firmly, Jordan and Egypt a bit more wiffle-wobbly, but still obvious.

Egypt is the primary source of food and goods to Gaza, through the Rafah crossing on hte Sinai border. It's a bit of a fraught arrangement as the operation of the crossing falls under Israeli veto, in accordance to the 1979 peace treaty between Egypt and Syria, which gives Israel a lot of power to deny Egyptian military operations in Sinai, including its management of its border with Palestine. For the other three, Lebanon and Syria do not have a land border with Palestinian territory under Palestinian control, and the whole of the border with Jordan falls under "Area C" designation and is basically fully under Israel's control as to who and what gets in and out.

Fourth, and this is probably the most important thing... None of these nations created this problem. It is not their responsibility to solve it, even if they could. And... they can't. Their political support has not managed to sway the UN security council, four of which DID create the problem, their past military efforts have been jumbled and bumbled, and any modern attempt at  the same would probably bring the US in or nuclear strikes by Israel or what the fuck else.

As for why they don't like Israel? Same reason Latvia, Ukraine, Georgia, and Poland don't like Russia. It's not complicated, it turns out that people dislike an invader and a policy built on violation of international laws.

Also, this is very inaccurate. The "before 1967 borders" does not depict borders, it shows armistice lines. Very different concepts; these are just where the respective military positions were in '49. Further, even in "Area C" designations in the West Bank, the Palestinian Authority has no control that does not go through Israel first - it is effectively just a policing bureaucracy that answers to IDF managers at the end of the day. Oslo's been dead since 1994, I'm afraid. Plus we consider all the territory within the West Bank that Israel has "annexed" through its Ikea colonies.

You might be wondering then "if those lines aren't borders, then what are the borders?" Well... this.
"But Chulanowa, that's the 1947 partition plan, and it was never implemented!" That's true. However, when Israel declared independence in 1948... well, I'll let Israel speak for itself.

QuoteMY DEAR MR. PRESIDENT: I have the honor to notify you that the state of Israel has been proclaimed as an independent republic within frontiers approved by the General Assembly of the United Nations in its Resolution of November 29, 1947, and that a provisional government has been charged to assume the rights and duties of government for preserving law and order within the boundaries of Israel, for defending the state against external aggression, and for discharging the obligations of Israel to the other nations of the world in accordance with international law. The Act of Independence will become effective at one minute after six o'clock on the evening of 14 May 1948, Washington time.

With full knowledge of the deep bond of sympathy which has existed and has been strengthened over the past thirty years between the Government of the United States and the Jewish people of Palestine, I have been authorized by the provisional government of the new state to tender this message and to express the hope that your government will recognize and will welcome Israel into the community of nations.

Very respectfully yours,

ELIAHU EPSTEIN

Agent, Provisional Government of Israel
https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/decad169.asp#:~:text=PRESIDENT%3A%20I%20have%20the%20honor,the%20rights%20and%20duties%20of
(emphasis mine)

And then a week later (May 22,  1948) when responding to questions from the United Nations (Questions A and Be are most relevant to this topic, but the whole thing will be linked)
Quote(a) Over which areas of Palestine do you actually exercise control at the present time?

Question (a): Over which areas of Palestine do you actually exercise control at present over the entire area of the Jewish State as defined in the Resolution of the General Assembly of the 29th November, 1947.  In addition, the Provisional Government exercises control over the city of Jaffa; Northwestern Galilee, including Acre, Zib, Base, and the Jewish settlements up to the Lebanese frontier; a strip of territory alongside the road from Hilda to Jerusalem; almost all of new Jerusalem; and of the Jewish quarter within the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem.  The above areas, outside the territory of the State of Israel, are under the control of the military authorities of the State of Israel, who are strictly adhering to international regulations in this regard.  The Southern Negev is uninhabited desert over which no effective authority has ever existed.

Question (b): Do you have armed forces operating in areas (towns, cities, districts) of Palestine where the Arabs are the majority, or outside Palestine?

Answer to Question (b): We consider the territory of Israel as a single unit with a Jewish majority.  As indicated above, the Government of the State of Israel operates in parts of Palestine outside the territory of the State of Israel; parts which, with the notable exception of Jerusalem, formerly for the most part, contained Arab majorities.  These areas have, however, been mostly abandoned by their Arab population.  No area outside of Palestine is under Jewish occupation but sallies beyond the frontiers of the State of Israel have occasionally been carried out by Jewish forces for imperative military reasons, and as a part of an essentially defensive plan.

https://www.un.org/unispal/document/auto-insert-182380/

Again, emphasis mine; I do hope Yale Law School and the United Nations are credible sources for some of our pickier readers? Anyway according to Israel, Israel's borders follow the lines of the map from United Nations Resolution 181.

As we all know, borders are by nature pretty much immutable. Once they're there, that's what they are; the US doesn't get to decide Ottowa belongs to us now, no matter how much we want it. Further, as I'm sure anyone who's paid any attention to the war between Russia and Ukraine is aware, there's no such thing as "Right of Conquest." You can't just roll up, kick some ass, and seize territory for yourself. In order for a country to gain territory outside its declared and recognized boundaries, someone else has to agree to give it to them - this can be done as part of a peace treaty settling a war (Such as how the United States gained almost half of Mexico in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo). Needless to say there has never been a treaty ceding any land to Israel; no part of Palestine, and certainly not Golan or Shebaa. Not to resolve a war, and certainly not out of any sort of sale or transfer or goodwill giveaway.

And yes for those wondering, unorganized territories do in fact still have the right to their territory, and claims of that territory by another country still need to go through the treaty process. This has the most relevance currently to tribal and indigenous peoples in the Americas, India, and Indonesia, but also applies to territories such as Palestine and Western Sahara as well. "There's never been a Palestinian state!" is thus a meaningless argument, as a lack of an organized state does not mean a lack of territorial rights.

Al Terego

There is little love lost between the Palestinians and the neighbouring Arab countries.  The (short-lived) annexation of the West Bank by Jordan gave them Jordanian citizenship and parliament representation, but the PLO had their own ideas, even trying to assassinate Hussein a couple of times.  This led to a civil war, at the end of which the PLO was expelled to Lebanon.  The Lebanese were not too happy about that either, and eventually managed to expel them to Tunisia.

On a different topic:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahus-office-releases-horrifying-images-of-infants-murdered-by-hamas/

elone

Thank you Chulanowa for all the information. 
Quote from: Al Terego on October 12, 2023, 09:42:41 PM
There is little love lost between the Palestinians and the neighbouring Arab countries.  The (short-lived) annexation of the West Bank by Jordan gave them Jordanian citizenship and parliament representation, but the PLO had their own ideas, even trying to assassinate Hussein a couple of times.  This led to a civil war, at the end of which the PLO was expelled to Lebanon.  The Lebanese were not too happy about that either, and eventually managed to expel them to Tunisia.

On a different topic:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahus-office-releases-horrifying-images-of-infants-murdered-by-hamas/

While no one could possibly believe that the Hamas killings of children and music festival anttedees and others are even remotely ok, they are not the only atrocities that have been committed in Israel and the occupied territories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killings_and_massacres_during_the_1948_Palestine_war

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/08/28/west-bank-spike-israeli-killings-palestinian-children

There is a much longer list if anyone cares to look. These are a few historically. Encourage Israel to pen their archives.

Throughout history there have been abuses by both sides. We in the West usually hear things from the Israeli perspective. There is enough blame to go around for everyone.  There are no innocent governments in the Middle east or the west for that matter. How we get justice is a matter of who you believe and what you believe. Getting rid of historical hate and mistrust may be impossible and this may end up with more expulsions and deaths.  Israel is obviously going nowhere, they have the means to prevail. The question is: will the Israeli's ever recognize the Palestinian people with equal rights and their ability to live in their historic homes. Not the land that was there many  millennium ago. I doubt it.

The latest: Israel tells Gazans to evacuate to the south.  Of course, they will never be able to return home as in 1948. Another annexation and loss.
https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/06/04/israel-50-years-occupation-abuses

Poetry
O/O's

Chulanowa

Water is running out in Gaza.
QuoteAcross the Gaza Strip, more than 2 million people are at risk as water runs out.

“It has become a matter of life and death. It is a must; fuel needs to be delivered now into Gaza to make water available for 2 million people,” said Philippe Lazzarini, UNRWA Commissioner-General.

No humanitarian supplies have been allowed into Gaza for a week now.

Clean water is running out in the Gaza Strip, after its water plant and public water networks stopped working. People are now forced to use dirty water from wells, increasing risks of waterborne diseases. Gaza has also been under an electricity blackout since 11 October, impacting the water supply.

At the UN base in the southern Gaza Strip - where UNRWA has moved its operations- drinking water is also running out. Thousands of people have sought refuge there after Israel issued a warning to residents demanding them to leave their homes in the northern parts of the Strip.

Only in the past 12 hours, hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced. The exodus continues as people move to the southern parts of the Gaza Strip. Nearly 1 million people have been displaced in one week alone.

“We need to truck fuel into Gaza now. Fuel is the only way for people to have safe drinking water. If not, people will start dying of severe dehydration, among them young children, the elderly and women. Water is now the last remaining lifeline. I appeal for the siege on humanitarian assistance to be lifted now,” added Lazzarini.

https://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/official-statements/matter-life-and-death-water-runs-out-2-million-people-gaza

Israel is ordering a total evacuation of the northern Gaza strip, which the UN is saying is impossible due to the lack of fuel, destroyed infrastructure, the fact that Israel's bombarding the south of Gaza as well.
QuoteAs Israeli troops massed along the Gaza border, the 24-hour warning — delivered via social media, voice messages and leaflets dropped by Israeli warplanes — provoked a scramble Friday in the densely populated territory. Families piled into cars, scooters and donkey carts to head south through rubble-strewn streets in search of what, if any, safety might remain. Medical staff stayed behind to care for thousands of patients stuck in hospitals suffering power shortages and dwindling supplies.

Israeli commanders have said they’re readying a ground invasion of the territory in a bid to end Hamas rule there. The militant group launched an unprecedented attack on Israel on Saturday, killing more than 1,300 civilians and soldiers and taking scores of hostages.

Israel has responded with airstrikes and a siege. With exits to Israel and Egypt shut and food, drinkable water, medicine and fuel running low, the operations have effectively turned the densely populated 140-square-mile strip into a death trap.

No fuel has been allowed into the territory since the crisis began; many users, including the largest power plant, have run out or will soon. Nearly 1,800 people, roughly half of them women and children, have died in the bombing campaign, according to the territory’s health ministry. Another 7,300 have been wounded.

Nancy Okail, president of the Washington-based Center for International Policy, called the evacuation order “a license to kill. Because those who remain behind, it would be sort of a warranty to kill those who stay.”

The Norwegian Refugee Council, which operates in Gaza, said the demand to evacuate without clear guarantees of safety and return “would amount to the war crime of forcible transfer.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/13/israel-gaza-hamas-war-west-bank/

And Israel is (once again) using white phosphorus munitions against Palestinians in Gaza.
QuoteFollowing the Oct. 7, 2023, surprise attack and mass kidnapping of Israeli citizens by Gaza-based Hamas militants, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) began a massive military campaign against the Palestinian enclave. Photos of IDF actions around the Gaza City seaport on Oct. 11, 2023, have since been used as evidence that Israel used white phosphorus munitions in this heavily populated civilian area, in contravention of international norms and law.

White phosphorus (WP), a solid that burns at extremely high temperatures when exposed to oxygen, is a common component of smoke-screen munitions that has also been used by many armies —  including the U.S. military — as an incendiary device. When such a weapon is used over civilian populations, it is presently considered a violation of a number of international agreements or humanitarian norms due to the indiscriminate nature of its delivery, and its potential to cause extreme bodily harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1-J02Gjm0

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/do-photos-and-video-confirm-israel-used-white-phosphorus-munitions-over-gaza-seaport/ar-AA1ib0Kq

Chulanowa

Oh and for those Palestinians who DO decide to flee south?

QuoteDozens of people have died in a strike on a civilian convoy fleeing northern Gaza along one of the evacuation routes known to the Israeli army.

Verified footage filmed before the strike showed a truck packed with people in the convoy. More footage from the aftermath of the strike shows people running towards a truck where several bodies including of women and children could be seen.

The airstrike, which Hamas has blamed on Israel, occurred on Friday afternoon on Salah-al-Din Road, a supposedly safe route that Palestinians are using to flee northern Gaza. The IDF declined to comment on the specifics of the incident

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2023/oct/14/footage-shows-moments-before-and-after-israeli-airstrike-hits-civilian-convoy-fleeing-gaza-video

inkybus

With leaders like this, who even needs enemies, right?

QuoteThe IDF continues to urge civilians to evacuate to the south of Gaza, Lerner said, to enable the Israeli military to target Hamas.

Hamas has "physically prevented people from moving" and "booby-trapped some of the roads in anticipation" of the move, he added.
- CNN: IDF killed Hamas commander overnight

elone

We all believe the gospel of Lerner. The IDF are the biggest liars on Earth. Shireen anyone?

Carnage. What a waste of lives.

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2023/10/07/1204468284/photos-war-in-israel-gaza

Poetry
O/O's

inkybus

Apparently, for some people, massacres of civilians are a "battle"... on the other hand, one should expect that sort of disconnect, when the "leader" is not with the people they are supposed to be leading in the first place.

Quote“Our brothers in Egypt, our decision is to remain in our land, and your decision is our decision, and the battle of the Al-Aqsa Storm marked the true beginning of the demise of the occupation.”

- Ismail Haniyeh to the Egypt Independent

Chulanowa

QuotePolice in the United States have charged a 71-year-old man with murder and hate crime for fatally stabbing a six-year-old boy and seriously wounding his 32-year-old mother, alleging he singled out the victims because of their faith and as a response to the war between Israel and Hamas.

“Detectives were able to determine that both victims in this brutal attack were targeted by the suspect due to them being Muslim and the on-going Middle Eastern conflict involving Hamas and the Israelis,” the Will County Sheriff’s Office in suburban Chicago said in a statement on Sunday.

“As we await the official investigation of the local authorities, what we can confirm at the moment is that we have a murdered child in his own home, a six-year-old who had just celebrated his birthday a couple of weeks ago, and a mother lying in the hospital in serious condition, both stabbed over a dozen times,” said the CAIR statement.

Rehab said that CAIR had testimony from the surviving mother as to how the incident unfolded. “We have full confidence in the authorities to investigate this heinous incident as a hate crime and to do so swiftly,” he said in the statement.

The family had lived on the ground floor of the house for two years, according to the organisation. The suspect was their landlord, reports said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/15/palestinian-american-boy-stabbed-to-death-in-gaza-war-related-killing-in-us

Just... like... Jesus fucking christ? What the entire fuck? What the fuck kind of switch got flipped in this asshole's head?

Chulanowa

Meanwhile in the West Bank...

QuoteWhile the world focuses on the Hamas massacre in southern Israel and Israel’s massive bombing of the Gaza Strip, settlers in the occupied West Bank are taking advantage of the chaos to attack and expel Palestinians from a number of small villages.

Israeli soldiers and settlers have killed 51 Palestinians in the West Bank since Saturday, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Ramallah. At least two villages, Al-Qanub and Wadi Al-Sik, have been entirely depopulated as a result of the violence by Israeli settlers.

A Palestinian in At-Tuwani, a village in the Masafer Yatta region of the South Hebron Hills, is in critical condition after a settler, accompanied by an Israeli soldier, invaded the community on Friday and shot him at point blank range. The attack was documented by the Israeli human rights group B’Tselem.

Palestinian media reported on Thursday that settlers attacked the funerals of the four Qusra residents who had been killed the day before. According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, the settlers shot dead a father and son, Ibrahim and Ahmed Wadi.

Settlers in Esh Kodesh and the surrounding area had sent warning messages to Qusra’s residents in the previous two days, in which they threatened to take revenge in response to Hamas’ assault in southern Israel. In one photo, which was sent to the residents few days ago, a group of masked men can be seen holding fuel tanks, an electric saw, and axes, with a caption in Hebrew and Arabic: “To all the rats in the sewers of Qusra village, we are waiting for you and we will not feel sorry for you. The day of revenge is coming.”

According to a Qusra resident who asked to be identified by just his first name, Abed, “It started at noon, when 20 masked men invaded the village and stoned the houses of families living on the edge of the village. They came from the direction of the Esh Kodesh outpost. We ran there to get the families out of their homes, because settlers tried to set fire to one of the houses. A mother, father, and a girl were inside. While we were trying to get the little girl out of the house, they started shooting at us, hitting the girl. They killed three people.”

https://www.972mag.com/settler-attacks-west-bank-gaza-war/

Laughing Hyena

Probably the same one that gets flipped by getting news on Facebook on the so called day of jihad.

That was a question jumped onto me by my mother to try and show how uninformed I was. My aunt clarified it was some Muslim based extreme national holiday.

Personally I had no idea what they were talking about but a quick Google search on the word said it was having a general meaning "of struggle or strive to be a better person in spirit" according to learning for justice dot org with Oxford Dictionary also saying it was "a struggle or fight against the enemies of Islam."

But National Holiday? Looking it up on the National Today site which shows international holidays of well known and obscure days, I found interesting stuff. On the twelfth of October it was Vermont Day, Hugh Jackson's bday. And on the Thirteenth it was the Day of Failure and of course Friday the 13th. Which makes more sense considering I never found that Day of Jihad crap thar swept over news. Then Beau of the Fifth Column put up a video detailing what I had figured.

Lesson to be had? Like Wikipedia, never just go off Facebook or Twitter/X for your information.

GloomCookie

QuoteLesson to be had? Like Wikipedia, never just go off Facebook or Twitter/X for your information.
I mean, that's just good life advice in general, right?
My DeviantArt

Chulanowa

Israel bombed al-Ahli baptist hospital in Gaza, killing at least 500. Of course Israel has blamed this on a "misfired rocket from Islamic Jihad," which the group denies. Well they should because it's a frankly absurd claim, especially when you consider that Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari also claims that "there was no direct hit" and the strike "a kind of hit in the parking lot." Doctors Without Borders disagrees

This is the second attack by Israel on the hospital in two days

In response, Jordan has cancelled its participation in the planned summit with Biden, Abbas, and Egypt's el-Sisi in Amman. Mahmoud Abbas, head of the Palestinian Authority has also (rahter understandably, given everything)  canceled his participation, effectively ending the conference entirely. So basically Biden's just flying out to Israel.

Speaking of which, despite pulling out all the stops to evacuate US citizens from Israel, the US has done literally nothing for the hundreds of US citizens in Gaza

elone

Who can believe anything the IDF says. Remember Shireen Abu Akleh, the journalist shot by Israeli's?  They said they did not do it, then that the Palestinians must have done it, then who knows. When all the excuses were proven wrong they finally admitted it was an accident and the IDF soldier did it but they would not name him/her or allow the FBI to investigate at all.  Of course Biden capitulated and that was the last we heard, I think.

They know they bombed the hospital, there would be records, probably film, of course they will not be released or shown. They will probably claim the hospital was full of Hamas casualties.

Poetry
O/O's