Writing Partner Needed for Epic Fantasy Romance (M x F)

Started by The Dream Machine, January 02, 2012, 02:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dream Machine

In a land where only the power of magic holds sway, Mankind toils beneath the yoke of subjugation forced upon them by the Arvenin--sorcerous beings capable of altering the very fabric of reality.  For thousands of years they have been worshiped as gods among men, and established an empire that spans the majority of the known world.  But there are places yet where the influence of the Arvenin remains weak, the last bastions of free Men hidden within the wilds, outside the borders of civilization.  It is here where they wait, plotting for a chance to rise up against their masters and free their brethren.  It is here that our story takes place.

The Empire is weakened, fractured, at war with itself for the last hundred years following the death of its greatest Sorcerer-King.  The Magus Council is split, collapsed into political infighting as each Arvenin noble seeks to gain the throne for his own benefit.  None consider the previous Emperor's son to be a suitable heir because, despite his heritage, he lacks the ability to perform their sorcery.  So he is shunned, packed off to an outlying province as a matter of convenience--a place where he can still hold a title befitting his station, but too far away to present a threat to the remaining nobility.

At the edge of the world, he encounters free Men, and soon comes to identify more with them than his own kind.  Ultimately, it will be his love for a human woman that ignites the flames of war and, eventually, rewrites the very course of human history.

Right, so...this is kind of ambitious, but it's an idea I've been kicking around for a long time; and I'm just dying to try it.  If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a PM so we can discuss details and whatnot.  Other than what you see above, nothing is really set in stone; so this can go any number of ways, but I'm aiming more for a focus on the story and character development than just pure sex here.  So, a bit of joint plotting and lots of feedback will probably be necessary, but if that sounds interesting to you, don't hesitate to contact me.   :-)