News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends: Interest Check

Started by BruceTheCat, August 03, 2012, 07:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Based on the comments in the One-on-One thread I decided to go ahead and make a group posting for a League of Legends RP. We haven't come up with a story or anything yet, but I think anyone who wants to participate is going to be playing a specific champion. The plot will likely take place outside of Summoners Rift in the world itself, largely having to do with the war between Demacia and Noxus.

Go ahead and post if you're interested!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Hmm....put me down as interested for now, pending further elaboration on the game.

Siereis

Same here.  I am interested, yet I'd like to hear more details about what I could expect in terms of content.

kckolbe

I am tentatively interested depending on how much is combat, how much characterization, and what kind of system is used.  Also, what are your thoughts on OCs?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SargentToughie

Well, I'm down for just about ANYTHING league of legends related, so I'll put in my interest here. Yeah, I'm also curious about the questions asked above though, if you could answer those, that would be great. Oh, and for those of you who might not be too familiar with the excuse plot behind LoL...

LORE - League of Legends Lore in a Minute!
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Savant of the Wastes

Color me very much interested. I've always been a bit of lore-hound for League of Legends.

Veluux

Hmmm.. I think this could make for quite an interesting game if their is some type of plot to keep people interested. With nearly 100 different champions to choose from, the possibilities are endless.

I know which champions are my favorite IN GAME... but now I am curious, which Champion would be the most interesting to RP as.

Weird...

But... I like it.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

SargentToughie

If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Fehu

I am 100% interested. Dibs on Katarina. ;_;

Panduhmoanium

I'll def. join this. ELO hell for the win!

My boy graves does work. >>

SargentToughie

Pfft, we all know that real men use Ezreal as their main AD carry.
Ons and offs

Primarch

Hard pick between Pantheon or Mordekaizer.

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: SargentToughie on August 08, 2012, 11:55:55 AM
Pfft, we all know that real men use Ezreal as their main AD carry.

Top 3 ad carries for me = Ashe graves and ez. Look up Teh Pandar on lolking.com

SargentToughie

I'm using Ezreal whenever I wanna bully in lane now, but I'm trying to also get good with a late-game hyper carry too, for some added diversity. The problem is, I can't really decide between Vayne and Kog'Maw. :(

Also, AP Ezreal is a pimp in Dominion, try it sometime. :D
Ons and offs

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: SargentToughie on August 08, 2012, 12:35:47 PM
I'm using Ezreal whenever I wanna bully in lane now, but I'm trying to also get good with a late-game hyper carry too, for some added diversity. The problem is, I can't really decide between Vayne and Kog'Maw. :(

I prefer Ashe. You have the stun and epic cc. You get IE and PD and it'll be gg as long as you don't play like a tard.

Veluux

Quote from: SargentToughie on August 08, 2012, 12:35:47 PM

Vayne, hands down. Kog is more situational - great for busting down tanks. But Vayne is just lethal, she's a great finisher - has got some CC when you learn to position her Pin Shot and has a tad bit more mobility. A nice plus to Vayne is a lot of her damage comes from her silver bolts and abilities, which reduces thornmail kickback. Kog eats himself alive against a thornmail while life-steal Vayne... not so much. I hate playing AD carry, but when I do. It's Vayne.

Jungle is my main role. Usually with Mundo, Shyvana, Udyr, Lee Sin, or Nautilus. I'm looking forward to trying Diana as an assassin AP jungler. Most of my normal champs are bruiser/fighter or tank types. But I like Vayne, and Diana seems to have that bit of mobility and bursty finisher feel to her.

SargentToughie

Yeah, I've played with both Vayne and Kog for multiple matches, and I've gotta be honest, I've never gotten comfortable with a champion as fast as I have with Vayne. I don't know why, but I guess I just naturally work well with her kit, I can see myself doing insane things with her once I get a bit better.

As for Jungle? Typically, whenever I go into the jungle, I go as either Shyvana if I want to hunt the enemy junger, or I go as Cho'Gath for late game viability.
Ons and offs

Veluux

Yeah, Vayne has got a great kit. Among great other things... sexy things. Haha.

My personal favorite to romp in the jungle with is Mundo. He fast and maintains great map control, also great without any buffs, which I always hand off to my Mid, Top or ADC after the first Redbuff. I'm a great shot with his cleaver, so ganking isn't too difficult with him. Especially since I'm never afraid to buy an early oracles with his massive HP Pool. And for the same reasons as yourself, part of the reason I play him is for his late game potential. He's just near impossible to kill, so if you play him right and make insane dives - the enemy team gets too tempted and blows CDs and summoners on you. Then even if they actually manage to kill you, a good ally team will usually mop up for an ace in your wake.

You know a champion is OP when even killing him benefits his team more than it does you. LOL. Plus I still get a kick out of getting caught in a low ELO game and replying to bossy, ping-spamming, noob-brained morons with "MUNDO GOES WHERE HE PLEASES!"

SargentToughie

I actually Shyvana counter-jungled a Mundo once, it was pretty awesome. I think he was new to Mundo,  because he had a pretty low health pool (by mundo standards), and he decided to actually stay and fight despite the fact that I caught him at 1/2 health taking his blue. It was pretty awesome, since I was able to draw first blood and take his red buff, then immediately go gank bot (I was on purple team). Of course, I had to give the expected /all statement once I succeeded in my invasion.

"MUNDO GOES WHERE *I* PLEASE!!!!"
Ons and offs

Veluux

Nice. Yeah I don't tango with Udyr, Shyvanna or Lee Sin unless I'm near full HP, and even then it's only hit and run long enough to bait them into getting counterganked by one of my allies. I don't even risk playing Mundo if Shaco isn't banned. Most Shaco players fail, but all the good ones know that you go hit a Mundo fast and early since he always jungling low HP. Those are Mundo's worst enemies. Any other Jungle champion I scoff at, they don't stand a change at invading or maintaing any form of map control. Unless I have two or more fail lanes. Mundo is fast, but he can't babysit Top and Bottom simultaneously (What jungler really can besides Shen?)

Shyv is usually my second pick, for all the reasons you described. Just a great counterjungler, strong late-game, high mobility, and fast clear speed. Also not farm dependent. Great champion. I'd probably have to say Lee Sin and Udyr tie for my 3rd string jungler mostly because they both depend on the enemy team comp. Although I tend to lean towards Udyr with weird enemy team comp, that way I can build him as the game goes to whatever our team needs most, whether its tank, DPS, or CC.

SargentToughie

That works, Udyr is one of those champions that can be extremely helpful even if he gets behind, just because he has the ability to build tanky and still be useful to his team through being an initiator and a CC machine through bear stance.
Ons and offs

Veluux

Indeed. I find the same to be true for Lee Sin. If he gets behind he can turn into a support/assassin with his utilty, mobility, and range.

SargentToughie

Meh, Lee Sin falls off a little too hard late game for me to consider him one of those kinds of characters. While it's true that he can do amazing things when people know how to use him, and he's one of the best early gankers in the game, there are a lot more champions that contribute to teamfights and endgame better then he does.
Ons and offs

Panduhmoanium

I'd say he's the best hands down. The fact that he can flash between enemies and teammates in and out of fights makes him what he is. Not to mention his kick is fucking stupid too. If you know what you're doing you can bait an entire enemy team while your carries knock them down one at a time. The jungle that I hate the most which people always play is Shyvana... She doesn't have a damn bit of CC until she gets her ult and after that you've got nothing. I'll take LS, Noct, Udyr, Mao, or Naut any day over her.

SargentToughie

That's the thing you have to remember though, there are two classifications of junglers in LoL.

-Hard Gankers
-Farmers

Junglers like Lee Sin and Nocturne are fantastic because they allow for an early game snowball in the other lanes, thus giving the advantage to your team before the end of the laning phase. That's why Ezreal is FOTM right now, actually, it's because he has such a powerful laning phase that he's able to shut down other carries and prevent them from reaching their late game potential. These characters typically don't have as great a presence late game unless they get fed, and they rely on dealing their damage early game.

Junglers like Skarner, Shyvana, Amumu, and Cho'gath are farmers, junglers that don't have ganks as good as others, but contribute WAAAAAAAAAY more to their team once the laning phase is over. Amumu and Shyvana have ultimates that change teamfights and are very capable of winning games in the right hands, with proper team coordination. These characters rely on enduring the early game so that once the laning phase is over, they'll be a terror to the enemy team. Shyvana has the added bonus of being able to hunt down enemy junglers, because she's such an insanely powerful 1v1 duelest. Thus, I take her against hard gankers like Nocturne, and I go jungler hunting. This prevents the early game snowball that hard gankers are banking on, AND it basically wins my lanes for me, because if your lanes brought some form of hard CC with them (Ahri's charm or Taric's dazzle), Shyvana ganks can wreck because of how much damage she puts out.

Shyvana has her place in the proper team compositions, just like EVERY jungler. I especially love jungling Shyvana with an Irellia up top, because Irellia specializes in conning enemies into thinking that they've won a fight, before suddenly flipping things around and wrecking them.
Ons and offs