Welcome Home (Silverroses2009 and Scott)

Started by Scott, March 27, 2009, 04:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

David was 6 years old... He woke to a quiet house that morning. He expected it though because his mother and sister Rebbecca were gone on a girlscout camping trip. They had left the afternoon before, he thought they sure packed a lot for a three day camping trip, but never would he have imagined what was really going on. His mother made him a dinner he could warm up in the microwave, kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly before they got in the car and drove away.

He'd never been in scouts himself, his dad thought it wasn't manly enough and forced him into every sport he could get him into. He wasn't naturally gifted at sports, but if he didn't give it 110% his father would spend the rest of the evening after his games drinking and calling him names.

The three day trip came and went, but his mother and sister hadn't came home. His life changed the day he asked his father one too many times where they were. The first of a thousand time his father slapped him across the room happened that night. His dad screamed at him that his whore of a mother wasn't coming back, and neither was his fucking sister.

The days turned into months, the months to years, and the years one by one passed. He was a teenager now, he'd been kicked out of the house the day he graduated highschool, and found a job framing and roofing houses. He grew use to working in the sun all day, and the muscles from playing sports all those years payed off. He was able to get himself a small apartment a few miles away from his father.

At night he'd dream... He remembered standing on the bottom step, waving good bye to his mother and sister. He could see Becca's face slowly disappearing as the car got further away. He wondered why they left him alone with a father like that. He spent so many nights listening for a car to pull into the driveway that never came, hoping time and time again that they were coming to get him, that his mother just needed time to get settled.

One night he got home from work and was cooking some dinner, he heard a knock on the door. He thought it was just one of his neighbors wanted to borrow something, but when he opened it he saw a face that was both strange and familiar at the same time. "Can I help you?" he asked.

darkvamplips

At 6 her mom told her that they were going on a girl scout trip that she had no idea about. That was weird but what do you know when your only six years old? As usual she would give her brother a hug before she left the house and little did she know that this time would be different. She kept asking her mom where they were going but she would never say until they got to her new house. When they got there and put their stuff in then got new furniture she would not come out of her room. She did not understand what was going on anymore. The last time she had seen her brother was on the doorstep of their old house and seeing him look so sad. You see they never wanted to be apart. You know the whole telepathy thing that twins sometimes share. Soon the days turned to weeks and so on and then she slowly forgot about going back and gave up up on that. Now she was standing in front of her brothers door she had not seen since she was six. The smell of food came out at her and she sniffed the air as he opened the door. "David?" She asked looking at him but he seemed so different for her twin brother. Maybe he was a roommate.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Scott

"Yeah, I'm David... " he replied before throwing the dish towell on the kitchen table. "Who are you?" he asked. "I'm not buying anything, so if your trying to sell me a vacuum cleaner or encyclopedias your barking up the wrong tree", he stated matter of factly before beginning to close the door in her face.

He smiled to himself inside as his eyes left hers, he loved giving salespeople hell. He usually would have invited her in to give the whole salespitch before kicking her out, but his dinner was almost ready and his hunger outweighed his desire to mess with what he thought was another sales girl.  He was sure she was probably hired because she had a pretty good face, or slept with her boss, and either way he couldn't afford to buy many extravagances. 

darkvamplips

"Wait I'm not trying to sell anything." It was her brother and somehow deep down inside she knew that even though they had not seen each other since they were 6. Was he going to slam the door in her face and never speak to her again? After a few seconds she took a deep breath and started talking again. "Last time I saw you, you were watching me leave in our mom's car." She said smiling up at him hoping that would jog his memory.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Scott

The door was early closed by the time what she had said registered to him. He caught it before it slammed shut and stopped it, opening it back up slowly. He looked silently into her eyes for what seemed forever to him "Becca" he asked quietly. "Is that you?" he questioned again. Letting go of the door and standing there looking at her.

His eyes scanned her face again and again, "where?".... "what?"... "How did?"... He stepped back a few steps into his apartment. "Come in..." he said as he stepped back a few steps.

He almost felt dizzy, all the emotions he'd pushed inside himself for so many years were on the verge of surfacing. He felt a cold sweat coming over him as he took this all in. "Where's mom?" he asked, looking out into the hallway hoping to see a second person, but no one was there. 

darkvamplips

She looked into his eyes and noticed how he reacted to him knowing who it was. Sighing she took a few steps into his apartment with her luggage following behind her. Slowly she looked around the room and took everything in trying to remember everything. There were some pictures of the two when they were younger. "You may want to sit down for that answer." She whispered slowly turning her attention back to him.

My request thread:

Scott

David stood there motionless for a second. "You mean she's dea.. " he didn't finish the word. He'd grown resentful of her for never coming back to get him over the years, and yet somehow he still felt a little saddened.

He sat down at the tiny kitchen table. "Dad's still alive, I see him every now and again" he said looking at the salt and pepper shaker in the center of the table. He wasn't even sure if his mother was dead or not, Becca hadn't confirmed it yet, but he assumed the worst from her tone of voice.

"So tell me about you... what's happened to you?" he asked, noticing the suitcase she'd drug into his apartment. "I use to get on the computers at school and tried to google you and mom almost every time I got on them" he said quietly again staring at the salt shaker as if it was the most interesting piece of art he'd ever seen. "but I never found anything" he said quietly.

darkvamplips

When he asked about their mother all she could do was nod slowly. The pain inside of her having to tell him was hurting her a lot. Why did she have to be the one to tell him at least dad was still alive right? "How is dad where is he living?" She asked wondering if he would help her bring in the rest of her stuff from the car. "I did not have a computer and no other way of trying to get a hold of you." Placing her bag by the door she followed him but did not sit down at the table like he did.

My request thread:

Scott

David got a little sad when she confirmed their mothers fate, but was able to hide it. "Dad's still in the same house, I could take you there if you'd like..." he said. "I wouldn't waste your time though, he's been cursing mom for years, and isn't really the type of man to forget that she walked out on him... and me." he said. "Why did she leave me there?" he asked "Do you know? Did you ever ask? or Did you two just not care that I was getting my ass kicked almost every day??" His voice raising, but his eyes remaining focused on the salt and pepper shakers.   

darkvamplips

"Mom did not want to be with dad so it was best if they split us up. Maybe I really don't want to go see him he might hate me for leaving with mom." She looked at him  when he said he was getting his ass kicked every single day and she felt so bad for him. She took a step backwards when his voice started to raise and she was getting scared.  Should she leave?

My request thread:

Scott

"No, don't leave, your welcome to stay here... This is all just a shock" he said, "To find out that your mother is dead, and and your sister's back after 12 years and acting like nothing happened... I don't understand how It was best if they spit us up?" he stated... "The bitch didn't give a damn about me, dad was right, she may have just died, but she died for me 12 years ago" he finished looking up at Becca with unapologetic eyes.

"You can take the bed, I put fresh sheets on it this morning before work, I'll take the couch."  He said still looking up at her. "I don't have much here, but i'm doing the best I can." he said

darkvamplips

She smiled when he said she could stay here and picked up some of her bags. At least he was still welcoming her into his house after so long. It had been 12 long years and she barely recognized him after that long. If they weren't twins she would never have guessed it was him. "What if you take your bed and I'll take the couch. I really don't mind. Where I lived I was always on the couch. Also I have some money for rent and to pay for food. It's not much but I'll get a job."

My request thread:

Scott

David smiled, "no, you take the bedroom..." he said, "I've slept on the couch so much I think it's fitted for my body" he laughed... after a few silent minutes "The state took Jason" he blurted out. "I tried to get him back, but social services said I wasn't suitable to take him because I have to work all the time. I've been going to the nursing home they stuck him in every day and reading to him... but he still won't talk, he just sits there all day and rocks backand forthe" he said wondering if she even remembered Jason... ther older brother. 

darkvamplips

She remembered Jason a bit but not much. Though she did remember that they were close. "Wait nursing home? What is wrong with Jason?" She asked trying to remember if he had any diseases and he didn't. Well as far as she knew anyway. Maybe there was something she did not know about when she lived there. She managed to get one of the bags inside but could not bring in the rest right now they were just to heavy for her.

My request thread:

Scott

"He stopped talking a few days after you and mom left, dad slapped him around a little bit and one day he went in his room, sat on the bed and started rocking" David explained. "One of the whores dad brought home felt sorry for him and called the state on dad and they came and took him to a home" he continued as he got up and heped with her bag.

"He's ok, maybe if he sees you he'll snap out of it though"

darkvamplips

She could barely even remember what Jason looked like but maybe he had a good idea. "All this was because of me." She put her bag on the floor and slowly sat on the couch. The feeling of guilt rushed all over her and now her brother was not responding to anything. Just rocking back and forth. Her father and hit him. Why did she not stop her mother from taking her?

My request thread: