The Gifted/Nightmares of Future Past

Started by BlackStone, October 22, 2017, 08:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

Doing a mesh of the two in a near future take in the X-Men cinematic universe.

Mutant registration has passed, as have other laws restricting basic civil rights for mutants.  The use of mutant abilities except under the jurisdiction of the Sentinel Services is outlawed, with many mutants disappearing once convicted, no parole, no appeal.  Fear and discrimination run rampant in the United States.

You character is one of the unlucky to get caught, part of the mutant underground yet when it came time for the people YC thought were her friends, her family, to protect her and have her back, they up and ran.  They disbanded the cell and left YC holding the bag.  She was sentenced and sent to the government blacksite only referred to as by guards and prison officials as Bastion.  What was done to her at Bastion was near unspeakable and as such when Sentinel Services came along and offered YC a deal to get prison time reduced and out of the Bastion, it was not much a decision at all, and the deal was struck.

Now YC is what is revered too in Sentinel Services as a Hound, a mutant with a special control collar which can not only allow one to turn on and off the inhibitor collar about the neck, but several other functions, to include death as some Hounds discovered when they rebelled and tried to escaped.  YC knows it for a fact as she was shown video footage of all the penalty functions the collar and control device have designed in.   

YC is basically on an electronic tether, no more than a quarter mile from her handler, but the upside, the silver lining is she is outside, enjoying fresh air, able to order and eat fast food, and not getting raped in her cell at night by guards who treated her as sub human chattel in the Bastion.  The downside, the collar is distinctive, so all know what you are, a leashed weapon and pet for the government, reviled and hated by your own kind, a target perhaps as well.  Every day could be her very last as she helps bring "order and stability" to the people.

I want this plot to explore the hard social issues as laid out in the first few episodes of "The Gifted" but to go a step more, to basically put out in front of everyone the idea of slavery as mutants with powers to benefit society are exploited as slaves, and your character forced into the role of hunting down rogue mutants.  More details to be discussed I am certain as far as the direction we want to take to story, to either a redemption and romance as my character falls for and fights on the side of your character in the end, or dark and despotic and tragic.  My On and Offs are below, as is a link which lists out the majority of my writing efforts here on E!, both past and current.  Looking forward to talking with you about this new itch.

Blackstone 

BlackStone

Still looking for someone who might be interested in this story pitch

BlackStone

Still looking to write this story.  Given recent events on The Gifted, I would not mind doing an alternative story than what is playing out in the show with Esme being the hound in question.  I really want to explore one of the triplets being made into a traitor against her kind, and then a redemption story as she manages to sway her handler over to her side.

Inspiration for her uniform being drawn from the classic hound outfits.  Does not need to be exact, but I do want her when out in public being identified as a Hound and mutant.

Esme Hound

BlackStone

Looking to see if there might be anyone interested in this idea.   Also do not feel obligated to take up one of the Frost clones and am open to any pitch for a character to play.

BlackStone

Bumping this again as I would love to write this story with someone.

BlackStone

With the new season, given this a bump though the plan is not to follow what is happening in the series but a different continuity.