Using Adblock here and have some questions

Started by BCdan, May 23, 2010, 12:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCdan

Would it support Elliquiy more if I stopped blocking ads?  Does this site even run any ads?

Secondly, would anyone know how I can go about blocking a specific avatar? I don't want to block all avatar's just a specific one or two that make me mildly uncomfortable having to stare at.  It probably sounds irrational that I can't just ignore it or something...but if I can block it why not? 

~I enjoy random PM's~

Trieste

Elliquiy does not run any ads whatsoever, so Adblock doesn't take anything away. One thing you can do to support Elliquiy is to actively recruit (we are always hurting for recruitment stuffs), or you can check out the affiliates page.

As for blocking an avatar, what browser do you use?

Oniya

Quote from: BCdan on May 23, 2010, 12:51:43 PM
Would it support Elliquiy more if I stopped blocking ads?  Does this site even run any ads?

Secondly, would anyone know how I can go about blocking a specific avatar? I don't want to block all avatar's just a specific one or two that make me mildly uncomfortable having to stare at.  It probably sounds irrational that I can't just ignore it or something...but if I can block it why not?

If you're using Adblock Plus (that used to be the standard blocker for Firefox), you can right-click on a specific image and choose to block it.  I did this on a different forum when one user had a squicky-for-me avatar.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Haibane

Trieste

This can only be done in Firefox, though, not in Chrome. Sadly.

BCdan

~I enjoy random PM's~

Haibane

Do you have Ad-Block Plus? You can install it by selecting 'Tools' and then 'Add-Ons', 'Get Add-ons' and 'See All Recommended Add-Ons' then go to the 'Privacy and Security' section. I find it very useful, not only for cutting down junk and visual distractions but for reducing page load times as well.

While you are there I can highly recommend 'Lazarus: Form Recovery' that you will bless multiple times after browser or site hiccups when you lose a long RP post 3/4 of the way through... No more lost posts!

Soran

I can't see a way to block one or two avatars, but you can elect not to look at any avatars in the 'look and layout' part of your profile...same with sigs.

Caeli

Quote from: Oniya on May 23, 2010, 05:01:32 PM
If you're using Adblock Plus (that used to be the standard blocker for Firefox), you can right-click on a specific image and choose to block it.  I did this on a different forum when one user had a squicky-for-me avatar.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs