Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

alright, looking good guys. Now we just need Vengurd to post with Patric, lol.

ShadowFox89

Are you guys still looking for people?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ashia starstreak

Vengurd, I just wanted to thank you for standing up for the group and having our back. I would not have been able to respond to that fellow in any way other than negative and I think your response to it was rather nice, descriptive, and mature. :)

I just wanted to warn everyone that my upcoming post will be quite long, but the good news, to me anyways, will be that it will take my group directly to the main group and from there my posts will no longer be randomized and will be much shorter in comparison to all my previous posts.

I hope all of you are enjoying the holidays and not being too much of a grouch ;) I tend to run into many of those the closer Christmas comes haha

As for new people joining I have mentioned that answer earlier in this thread and you can feel free to check that out, but zi will repeat this "this is a very slow moving thread" a lot of people that tend to join give up because of many reasons, but I figure that is one of them so pstience is definatly key here. Gladiator will have to fill you in more and when zi get to a pc, I'm ddefinately fixing all of these misspells -_-'

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Hunter Phoenix

Woop :) I check up on the site every couple of days to see if anyone has posted :) patience is a definite have if you want to be part of this thread, especially since the holidays are now upon us once more. The thread and RP is definitely worth the time and effort though as it breaks up nicely between us all.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

ashia starstreak

Like a novel ;) My  upcoming post consists of a bit of humor, two  battles, and a lot of tracking which might be a bit of a quick review of what has happened to your group with less details. My character might come off as a bitch, but the squad is not cooperative with another, most of the members being right out of training. I do like her battle moves and for her being short just cracks me up. She follows the main trail and her squad goes down Patric's trail in the wrong direction, so a lot of crap, but I'm excited about it. Even added two movie references in it as well ;)

Hunter Phoenix

Haha sounds like it is going to be a cracker of a post to read then :) I look forward to it

ashia starstreak

I'm glad to hear that :) I just hope it won't be boring and a waste of time to read. There is a lot to read for anyone considering to join the roleplay so I think if they find it exhausting to read it all from the beginning my upcoming post will give them some hint as to what has happened thus far. I left out some details, she is a tracker afterall, not a pyschic or a mind reader so if someone wanted details, they will definately have to read the story from the beginning.She questions a couple of things not knowing the exact answer for in hopes that the reader will know. For example, "why has this pod been moved into the building, who landed on the car, who got hurt in the ceiling rubble, who is 'Patric' "

I got my squad ending in the garage, but if your group moves on, my post will just be longer to end up with your group. I might post after Vengurd's next one, or I might wait until gladiator and Hunter Phoenix next posts. I just gotta see how it plays out, then after that I'll start waiting my turn.

Gladiator0161

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately. Fixing my car has turned into a real pain, every time I get something fixed something else gets screwed up. Alas, the repairs must go on. I'm still gonna be around though. I've been checking in on this thread atleast 2 or 3 times a week, so, I'm still excited to see the new posts.

Really glad to see this thread is still going. As it happens btw, it's Vengurd's turn to post. Then Ashia, if you're up for it, you can post your thing. Glad to see you'll be joining us on the streets finally btw.

ashia starstreak

Sounds like my car ;) I gave up on 'er for now. My "thing" is pretty long, but I am very eager to post it. I don't expect anyone to really read it, but the ending is most important for it involves interaction with the main group, I've also done a picture for it as well. Gladiator has already seen it, but I did recreate a background to better fit the situation so it is slightly different from the one I have shown. I just feel bad for Vengurd, poor guy will be sandwiched between my posts if I do so after him.

Hunter Phoenix

im really looking forward to these posts when they happen :)

Gladiator0161

Glad to see that we're still together on this thread, now we just need some posts. I've PMed and IMed Vengurd, letting him know that it's his turn to post but, he's lost his brother recently, so, I think we'll give him a little more time. Go ahead and post guys if you have something, no need to halt the game. We'll let Vengurd catch up when he's ready.

Hunter Phoenix

no worries dude

let him know that i send my condolences to him in this difficult time

Gladiator0161

Thanks man I will. Sorry I've been gone so long. Been kinda busy playing Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim, Dragon Age, Left 4 Dead, and Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary Collection, lol.

That and trying to find a job, but, more so to video games, lol.

Hunter Phoenix

haha no worries man :)
Skyrim is a brutally awesome game as is Dragon Age :D I miss Dragon Age so much :'(
I know what ya mean on the finding a job front as well, it isn't a happy time here where i live, high unemployment levels :/

Gladiator0161

Yeah, it's the same here. The last regular job I had was a Material Handler for a pillow factory in 2008 O.O

The rest have been temps that never went past a month. :(

Hunter Phoenix

that really sucks dude :/
hope you find something soon though :)

Gladiator0161

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

How's the job hunt going on your end btw? Or do you have regular work?

Hunter Phoenix

Unfortunately I'm looking for a job as well and it just isn't working at all, there is nothing where I live, it's quite sad really.
Any news from any of our RP buddies?

ashia starstreak

Well I probably shouldn't share my news on employment then ;), but I will say I have been quite drained from it.

Should I post then or wait for his return? Yesterday I lost my Grandmother. I am honored to have been given the privilage of meeting her the last couple years of her life, but I suppose I'm in the same boat as our friend, but instead of reminding ourselves of how our loved ones have died, we should remember how they lived for they would like that far better than us being sad.

Hunter Phoenix

It is entirely up to you, if you want to post then go ahead. I am sorry to hear of your loss and I hope you and your family will be ok in this difficult time.
Congrats on the employment as well :)

ashia starstreak

If I had known her longer I might be in more of a mourning state, my heart acks over my father. He is a good and sensitive beast (body building for 27yrs so he is huge) and is having a hard time right now.

I'll edit my last post and add my new writing to that one so it won't be a double post. A picture will hint at the new material so no one will have to read it from the beginnin of the post. If it is overwhelming skip it, but read the ending for it will involve a response back.

Gladiator0161

I'm sorry for your loss Ashia but, I'm glad you got to know her a little atleast. Personally, I never knew my grandmother on my mom's side, and she passed away before I got the chance to meet her. That hurt a little but, it's been awhile since that happened so I'm over it now. So, I know what you mean. Congrats on your employment.

I'm still searching for a job myself Hunter Pheonix, so I feel your pain man. Beyond video games and doing the same jobs I've done for years for my dad, my life is really boring, lol.

Vengurd

Hey, thanks for the patience folks. I've posted a moderately large one for ya'll. It should be rather humorous near the end, if a bit worrying. I don't plan on killing Patric or leaving, just getting in some character development. What's a sick, heavily armored and very battered Spartan to do in such a situation?

Ashia- Don't worry about posting novels, I read every word of it and rather enjoyed it. Consider it a job very well done.

I have one thing to say to you all- As a long time fan of the Original Halo: Combat Evolved, the new Anniversary Edition is a major disappointment for me. I spent a very long time on the original version and learned all the tricks and how each mission should and could play, where all the goodies were and how to skip major parts of the missions or to make things more...interesting, now the new version comes out, Plasma Rifles are the best weapons, Pistols suck, Physics have changed and the new textures do not match the models of what they replace not to mention that the enemies are much easier to kill. I've tested by going back to the original and finding more of a challenge on said version.
I was under the impression that this new company 343 Industries was only updating the graphics/audio....
:/

ashia starstreak

Well thank you :) that means a lot that you read my post. Since my laptop has lost wifi I'm back to writing with my cellphone so my posts can't be as long for it'll shut off my phone in mid post. Pretty lame really :/

That is nice to know. I was under the same impression, I'm glad I haven't bought it yet now.

Gladiator0161

Hey guys! Good job with the writing Vengurd and Ashia, wow! Just to let you know I did read everything you guys wrote and I've been mulling over a reply. I'll be posting soon, so no worries.

Some more good news! I won't have to clean the local theatre on the weekends anymore, which is gonna open up my schedule a little bit, so I'll have more time to rp. I'm very excited as I'll be getting some actual sleep on the weekends! WOOOOOOT!!! Anyhow, I'm gonna go write now, just thought I'd give you guys a status update. :)