The Necromancer's Servants [Dungeon World]

Started by eternaldarkness, April 22, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

"Some people say revenge is a cheap, petty thing. I say that when you have been betrayed by those you trusted...revenge is the only thing that matters."
-Streban Blackwood, Dread Necromancer

The premise of this game is fairly simple: In a typical medieval fantasy world setting a Necromancer who was formerly a member of a party of adventurers battling horrific demons that had every intention of enslaving the world and making it hell on earth, has brought you back from the dead. the heroes lost their epic battle against the lord of hell in the end, and while the others bargained away their souls to save themselves, ironically only the Necromancer refused to be bought, and his friends betrayed him and cast him as a villain while they themselves served the demon lord. Streban has decided to get payback and save the world, and to that end he has resurrected or located powerful individuals to help him. In exchange for having your life restored or being given something else you wanted badly you bargained away your soul and your free will to him, but that's not such a high price considering what he wants you to do - help him seek revenge on his former allies, the ones who killed you and betrayed him for power and personal gain.

I intend for this game to run with plenty of adventure and action - you'll spend as much time raping, pillaging and plundering the countryside in your master's name as you will

I'm looking for one to four reliable, fast-posting players for this game - At least once a day or more on weekdays, though weekends are optional, and detailed posts too. You don't have to write a novel with every post, though I do want your posts to make me really feel your characters. As far as sexual content goes, nearly anything is fair game provided it remains within the bounds of Elliquiy's rules, though nothing will be forced on anyone's character without their out-of-character consent. Roleplay is paramount, and much of the setting will be determined by the players' choices and actions both before and during the game.

Despite the presence of what look like complicated character stats Dungeon World is a highly narrative game. You roll dice only when the outcome of an action is not a foregone conclusion, such as in challenging combats (Some opponents will just be so weak that you have no chance of being meaningfully threatened by them, and ill require few or no rolls).

The Dungeon World gazetteer, complete with all rules necessary to play the game, can be found here: http://book.dwgazetteer.com/ (Ignore the 'Buy Dungeon World' stuff in the middle of the page. All the necessary info is in the tabs at the top, cost-free.)

For Character Generation we'll be using the Choose Stats method, with an additional +2 bonus to one stat of your choosing and two highlighted stats of your choosing. We will not be using bonds - instead, you will give me up to four but no less than two Drives for your character, three things that motivate them to keep on keepin' on. In addition give me at least a short paragraph about your character - who they are, what they want from Streban, and some history and background.

If you acquire them and run them by me you may also use any of the numerous alternate playbooks available on the internet, and if you need to customize a class playbook to better fit your concept let me know and we can do that quite easily. In a pinch, we'll design a whole new Playbook if we can't find anything that fits your concept, but more than likely if you ask I can help you find what you need.

Here's a good place to start looking for alternate playbooks if none of the standard ones tickle your fancy: http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2013/04/dungeon-world-resources.html

if you have any questions, please do ask. I'm happy to help make this an enjoyable experience for everyone involved. I am a very accomodating GM - i want everyone to have fun. So if you have an idea for something that sounds cool, run it by me.

Regions of the Kingdom
Falshire Forest - A massive, dense forested region filled with danger. While they have always been reclusive, the elves who call this region home have become xenophobic and hostile since Shialee Darkleaf claimed the title of Warden and leadership over the elves. Since then very few people who entire Falshire Forest are ever seen alive again.

Whitewillow - A trading hub just off the Conqueror's Road that borders Falshire Forest to the west and Brightmarsh to the south, this small community has become the flashpoint for a conflict between the reviled necromancer Streban Blackwood and his former companions. The necromancer has turned Whitewillow into a necropolis filled with the resurrected townspeople, and now this city has become the chief stronghold of those who seek to overthrow the demon-corrupted rulers of Caede.

Brightmarsh - A boggy marsh perpetual lit by the wispy souls of the dead trapped there by some ancient magic, brightmarsh is home to the ferrymen, an order of arcanists commonly known as Necromancers. Spirits and undead creatures abound here, and it is rumored that somewhere within, the mythical Soul Well, the source of all souls in the world, can be found. Currently, Brightmarsh is occupied by demonic forces commanded by the corrupted necromancer Kray Blackwood.

The Hit List
Master Ranger Shialee Darkleaf (Elf Ranger) - Warden of Falshire Forest
High King Toma Medaen (Human paladin) - King of Caede
Vannor Stonehammer (Dwarf Fighter) - Caede Grand Marshall, commander of the Siegebreakers
Nidra Quickblade (Halfling Rogue) - Guildmaster of the Caede Merchants Guild (A thinly-veiled front for crooks and killers of all kinds)
Queen Sindra Starsong (Human Bard) - Queen of Caede, Caede's primary diplomatic envoy
Kray Blackwood (Human necromancer) - Brother of Streban and lord of brightmarsh.

AndyZ

I am totally in for this!  I love Dungeon World.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

eternaldarkness

Excellent! Pitch me a character concept and we'll start working out your the details. The most important part at the start is to determine what it is your character got from Streban. After his last group of comrades sold him up the river, he only works with people who can't backstab him, so any deal he made would be very much in his favor, and comes with a spell ensuring you'll obey his commands.

AndyZ

Hmmm...I'm not actually sure; a lot of ideas I'd had before wouldn't quite fit as easily into this concept.  I'm definitely going to be thinking, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

eternaldarkness

A question was brought up by someone, so i'll answer it here: Yes, the price for anything the necromancer gives you (And he can give you damned near anything) is your service until such time as his goals have been achieved, and your soul to make sure you don't renege on the deal or turn traitor. He accepts no other payment, and makes no other deals. If you can't think of anything a character might want that's worth bartering your very soul to a powerful individual, then I can very easily think of something for you, though that does not bode well for your longevity in my game if you lack the creativity to figure out something interesting on your own.

assleigh

I've never played Dungeon world... But the setting sounds interesting and the game system is fun... Been looking it over at the [ur=http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/l]SRD[/url] the basics are there... I looked at a Druid... But am still poking around. A couple of questions before I pitch a character:

1) What is the smut level of the game... And specifically, what's the Necromancer looking for in the servants? As in is this a harem game or is he just there as a GM tool.

2) Since he's got a no backstabbing (for himself) rule... Are there any alignment constraints?

3) I haven't looked over items/magic items yet... But when you say you can have "damn near anything"... Is there any OOC limit to that... If, say, my barbarian asked for a loyal Dragon to serve as her steed/bosom companion ... Would that be possible... (you did ask for creativity)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

eternaldarkness

I shall happily answer your questions.

1.) The smut level will be up to the players I get. I'd like there to be a lot of it, and 'ol streban would definitely not be opposed to having himself a harem if it went that way, but mainly he'll be a plot dispenser and occassional guest party member. He's not the type of evil mastermind to sit back and make his minions do all the work - he's getting help because he needs it, not because he's afraid to do it himself. What he wants in his servants is people who are powerful and capable in their own right, but also have a grudge against his enemies or(his former adventuring companions, and the demons that empowered them) or can be easily manipulated some other way. to do his bidding, though he prefers people who are enemies of his enemies

2.) No alignment restrictions whatsoever. Believe it or not, Streban himself is Neutral. He was the only one of his companions who didn't sell out to demons to save his own skin and get power. As he will tell anyone that asks 'nobody plays with my soul but me'.

3.) That is doable, though her dragon might be very weak at the start, and need to consume souls to grow rather than growing with age like other dragons....
OOC, he'll grant 'Anything within his power, so long as it doesn't impede his own agenda'. He can bring people back from the dead - really bring them back, not just as walking corpses, and feats of similar power, or even greater if you get him what he needs to work some truly powerful magic.

Drake Valentine

I'll be interested, if it wasn't for the post frequency as I am unsure if I can post every day. Well, I know Sundays are mostly out of the option for me.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 23, 2014, 08:00:13 AM
I'll be interested, if it wasn't for the post frequency as I am unsure if I can post every day. Well, I know Sundays are mostly out of the option for me.

Shoot me your concept anyway. The post rate thing is not nearly as harsh as it sounds - posting less when your character isn;t doing anything in particular or if you aren't involved with anyone is fine too. Since Dungeon World is so highly narrative, it isn't as bad if you miss a day or two. I mainly want to avoid people that post once a week and make what should take a few days drag on for months.

Drake Valentine

Major WIP, just throwing it at you to make sure everything is accurate before I finish up. Also found some other references if people want to use them.
EXAMPLE SHEETS and well.. I found a pdf that had all the information on it for character building. >.> I think it essentially the starter guide, but unsure if it is really alright to link it. Legally speaking, of course.

Xander Estavian

"Some say that not everything has a price. Others proclaim that which has been lost cannot be reclaim. The more foolhardy state we cannot obtain everything we want. I love to prove them all wrong by making the impossible, possible." -Xander
THIEF
Player: Drake Valentine                        
Name: Xander   Estavian                     
Level: 1                     
XP: 0                     
Race: Half-Elf
Alignment: Evil    - Shift danger or blame from yourself to someone else.            
Eyes: Criminal Pale Eyes      
Face: Masked, Scarred.               
Hair: Hooded Head, Short White Hair                     
Attire: Fancy Dark Clothes               
Body: Lithe Body         

STATS:               
STR: 11 (+1)                              
DEX: 16+2 (+3)                              
CON: 13 (+1)                           
INT: 9 (+0)                              
WIS: 8 (-1)                              
CHA: 15 (+1)                              
HP: 6 + 13 = 19                              
Damage:   d8

SKILLS:
Trap Expert:
When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX. ✴On a 10+, hold 3. ✴On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold as you walk through the area to ask these questions:
    Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
    What does the trap do when activated?
    What else is hidden here?

Tricks of the Trade:
When you pick locks or pockets or disable traps, roll+DEX. ✴On a 10+, you do it, no problem. ✴On a 7–9, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options between suspicion, danger, or cost.

Backstab
When you attack a surprised or defenseless enemy with a melee weapon, you can choose to deal your damage or roll+DEX. ✴On a 10+ choose two. ✴On a 7–9 choose one.

You don’t get into melee with them
    You deal your damage+1d6
    You create an advantage, +1 forward to you or an ally acting on it
    Reduce their armor by 1 until they repair it

Flexible Morals:
When someone tries to detect your alignment you can tell them any alignment you like.

Poisoner:
Goldenroot (applied): The target treats the next creature they see as a trusted ally, until proved otherwise

You’ve mastered the care and use of a poison. Choose a poison from the list below; that poison is no longer dangerous for you to use. You also start with three uses of the poison you choose. Whenever you have time to gather materials and a safe place to brew you can make three uses of the poison you choose for free. Note that some poisons are applied, meaning you have to carefully apply it to the target or something they eat or drink. Touch poisons just need to touch the target, they can even be used on the blade of a weapon.

GEAR:
Your load is 9+Str. You start with dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight), leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight), 3 uses of your chosen poison, and 10 coins.
Choose your arms: Dagger (hand, 1 weight) and short sword (close, 1 weight)
Choose a ranged weapon: 3 throwing daggers (thrown, near, 0 weight)
Choose one: Adventuring gear (1 weight)

DRIVES:
-Make the women of the last adventure party(the turned good guys that were swayed by demon lord) into his personal harem.
-Kill the Demon Lord for his betrayal.
-Reclaim his soul that was bargain. Everything has a price.
-Collect all legendary treasures in the realm for his own.

MOTIVATIONS:
- Riches; gold, jewels, artifacts, rare items of value.
- Women; the harder and more impossible to get, the better in the end, hence his past eye on adventurers.

PARAGRAPH ABOUT CHARACTER:

HISTORY:
Xander was not brought into the most lavish of lifestyles. Fate and divinity alike were cruel to him, the first of ordeals was being born a half breed. This was not the greatest of insults he would suffer, potentially he could of had a well off life, probably one devoid of hardship if his father was not such a lecherous man who did not wish for his business to be ruined by a bastard. It was dangerous enough that someone from the merchant guild would go behind his wife's back with the whores within the city of High Haven; a nigh lawless town where one's birth would determined their civility and standing in society. For Xander, it was dirt bottom, and worse yet he was a burden to the business man who aimed to 'pimp' his exotic Elf mother off.

Being a lad, he never understood the love of a mother. He even sought after his father, but he would never know the truth. "A whore spreads her legs for many men, you might as well call half the ones here your father." His biological one would tell him, before neglecting him to reunite with his mother in their sinful couplings. Staying with her, he realize that he might end up dead; although the brothel was in the common's district, it ws still a dangerous gamble for living.

Fortunately he was 'adopted' by some kind gents stating to be from the thieves guild. They were always on the outlook for children as they made the best subjects for earning money, and even their upkeep was low in being fed. Xander was offer food and shelter as long as he could continue to be useful and pick others pockets. It was not the greatest of livings, the food was never great, the shelter could vaguely be called such within the slums, but it was better than starving to death or dying from being beaten by his mother's 'pimp.'

He rose through years of experience, his adulthood allowed him more freedom within the thieves guild. His longevity to life thanks to his blood offered him to further excel as the human flock of members became too old and feeble. He learned most of the tricks of the trade, using them to come closer to being the rightful leader; that would change in time with the Demon Lord. A being whom offered Xander greater riches for his service, a fiend whom had told him that he had been watching him for some time. Still wet behind the ears, he believed the beast. The services in return did not seem that far fetched at times, spy on some people, provide suitable information, lead a band of adventurers into a death maze. Just simple tasks like that.

Not everything went to plan, even after befriending the adventurers and promising to lead them through the ruins of Kalditear. There were perils at ever corner, dangerous beasts, traps; although none seem to expect his deceit. The fools all believed there was salvation to weaken the demon lord, but in turn death- ideally- awaited them. One of the men fell victim to the traps, a delicious sight it was. The women, oh how Xander lusted after them, a few he managed to capture. His tricks may of paid off if he didn't get too greedy and shabby in his work, if he did well in separating them further apart.

His negligence lead to his downfall, his betrayal brought his death. Not a beautiful one, a spiteful and grim outcome. Little can he recall, although he was positive that it was caused mostly by magic.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

eternaldarkness

Drake, you look good mechanically, though you forgot the additional +2 to a stat i'm giving out. (I did this to make the characters a cut above the rabble). And it's safe to link Dungeon World content like that so long as it isn't from a published product. Other than that, give me a little background and character detail, and i'll give you some more feedback.  The more you give me, the better you'll get back.

Also, i'll be making some compendium classes specifically for this game to fit each character. I think you'll all like what I come up with.

Drake Valentine

No, the +2s are there. You said we get 3 +2s? I added them, they are after the base chosen stats.I just didn't make those bases the equivalent of the number.

STR: 11+2 (+1)                             
CHA: 15+2 (+2)                             

I will work on it later, it is way past my bed time now, lol. Maybe add a few things before work tonight.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 23, 2014, 11:32:43 AM
No, the +2s are there. You said we get 3 +2s? I added them, they are after the base chosen stats.I just didn't make those bases the equivalent of the number.

STR: 11+2 (+1)                             
CHA: 15+2 (+2)                             

I will work on it later, it is way past my bed time now, lol. Maybe add a few things before work tonight.

No no no, one +2, and two highlighted stats.

Drake Valentine

Oh, my bad. I misinterpreted your wording. I thought you meant three +2s. >.>

Oliander

Here's my character sheet, let me know what you think and if its viewable off Drive. I just figured it'd be easier to update if I linked the spreadsheet directly. I'm not familiar with Dungeon World or its modules so if you have any suggestions i'm all ears.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5LmFafEOM1YN2FaUkRQT3B2NEU/edit?usp=sharing

assleigh

So it looks like some magical support could be useful in this bunch... I'm thinking of bringing in someone who has a serious hate for one of the Necromancer's old adventuring companions, I'm thinking the one she hates swept into her valley with an army of demons on a campaign of conquest. Her father, brothers and uncles were killed by the infernal horde while she, her mother and her sisters were given to the demons as playthings to fuck, abuse and discard. I'm thinking some sort of powerful intervention was the only reason she survived. So she has all sorts of personal reasons to hate all demons and the fallen heroes who brought them into the world in force. I see her as someone looking for the sort of ridiculous levels of power needed to face the foe and win... Maybe she could be the Necromancer's apprentice... She'd be a perfect 'failsafe' if he should fall she'd pick up the fight and give her all to it.

Perhaps she has some Dragon blood in her, or in order to 'give' her the power she bargained her soul away for the Necromancer does a ritual that bonds her with a Dragon with a hate for their enemies as strong as hers? That could explain both being soul less and the dragon needing souls to 'grow'... In the interim, maybe the dragon and her can share characteristics... Like at times/with the proper spell she can gain dragon scale skin as armor, dragon wings to fly, etc... Don't know the system well enough to know if I'm creating a mechanical nightmare... But maybe she could be based off a Druid since they shapeshift?

Please feel free to tell me I'm smoking crack and should put down the pipe :)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

SGTDan

I may be interested, too bad there's no Barbarian  ;D

If anything, I'll do a fighter
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

eternaldarkness

"Go. Kill my enemies, free this land from the demons, and flow forth a river of souls to me so that I might grant your wishes."
-Streban

Oliander - your character background is exactly the kind of stuff i'm looking for. There wasn't a Falshire Forest, but there is now, and it just happens that you'll all be starting in a cemetery on the edge of said forest. Thanks for that. The human in question who stabbed Hazamir was one of Streban's former companions, a bard named Sindra Starsong who is now the queen of the land, ruling alongside her husband High King Toma Medaen. Common knowledge is that Toma is a paladin, and a hero who led his companions against the demon incursion and slew the demon king himself even after they were betrayed by their wicked necromancer companion.

Streban tells a different story, however, and his version is the truth: They lost that fateful fight, and the others sold their souls to keep their miserable lives and become the new rulers of the land. Nobody ever trusted the necromancer even though he never gave them any reason not to, and in the end he turned out to be the only real hero out of the whole bunch. Find that cursed dagger, and he can restore your scarred face and give you the means to free Falshire Forest from demonic influence.

Assleigh - Streban would definitely take an apprentice. And no, it's Dungeon World so this is easy. Here's the Compendium Class you can take the second you hit level 2 to get your dragon.

Soul Dragon Master
Dragon Minion
You have gained control of a young dragon. It is a Hireling that
follows your orders to the best of its abilities. Describe it.

Choose a base:
* Protector +1, Warrior +2, Loyalty +2
* Adept +2, Warrior +1, Loyalty +2
* Protector +1, Tracker +2, Loyalty +2
* Protector +2, Warrior +1, Loyalty +2
The dragon has Cost: Hungers for souls.

Once you have taken Dragon Minion, you may take any of the following moves in place of an advance:

Adaptable Dragon
Select a skill your dragon does not possess. It learns this skill with a rank of 2.

Clever Dragon
You gain two extra points to distribute between your dragons current skills.

Fiery Wrath
When you command your dragon to destroy your enemies, roll+Cha. On a 10+, deal class damage +1d8. On a 7-9 you still deal the extra damage, but choose one:
*Your dragon accidentally destroys an unintended target.
*Your dragon goes into a berserk frenzy. This is almost never a good thing.
*Your dragon draws on your own supply of souls to fuel its unholy might. Take -1 forward.

Guard the Master
When your dragon is nearby and you would take damage, you may negate the damage. Your dragon dies.

SGTDan - A fighter with anger issues is functionally a barbarian, and if you'd prefer we can make you a compendium class to grab at level 2 for that berserker feel.

New Areas
Falshire Forest

The Guys You Wanna Kill
Master Ranger Shialee Darkleaf (Elf Ranger)
High King Toma Medaen (Human paladin)
Vannor Stonehammer (Dwarf Fighter)
Nidra Quickblade (Halfling Rogue)
Queen Sindra Starsong (Human Bard)

Oliander

Sounds good to me. What else do you want me to work on to prepare for the game?

Paladin of Lust

Hmm...is there space for a weapon of light here? A paladin? Been a long time since I played one, despite my username here. I must admit I'm not familiar with Dungeon World (I don't play many system games), though I've read about it somewhat from the links provided.

I'm thinking that the small town of Whitewillow (named for the snow-covered willow trees that dominate the settlement's landscape), has a young paladin (originally male, but I'm leaning towards playing a female, since you've only got one so far) that serves as a protector. After being away from Whitewillow for a day though, he/she arrived back home to find fires and chaos. Women and children fleeing in panic. The militia of Whitewillow lay dead to a man all across the town, and the last vestiges of resistance are a few brave men, poorly equipped and unskilled and buying time for their families to flee. A dwarf warrior (Vannor Stonehammer) is slaughtering them with ease...until Unnamed Paladin arrives on the scene and engages him. Too late to save Whitewillow, but perhaps not too late to avenge it. And perhaps he/she is winning as well...until another blade or perhaps a poisoned dart, stabs him/her in the back. A halfling rogue (Nidra Quickblade) has snuck up and struck unseen...the paladin's eyes widen in shock as he/she falls...the two murderers bear the symbol of High King Toma...but as her wounds/the poison take their toll on her...she lies in the snow waiting for death. Until a necromancer comes along...

I would see this paladin as driven by four things. Vengeance for Whitewillow, tracking down the halfling rogue who killed him/her and returning the favor and the desire to take that disgrace of a paladin Toma down in single combat and reveal his deception to the world. And the last one is simply to scour the demonic taint perpetrated by the so-called heroes from existence as part of a Paladin's duty.  Also, it would be an interesting element to have him/her sell his/her soul to be resurrected by a necromancer to advance the causes of justice and light. Would make for some interesting character drama. A beautiful, soulless weapon of light is what she'd effectively be after her resurrection. 

Oh, and perhaps Whitewillow is not far from Falshire Forest...and that graveyard is where the dead of Whitewillow are buried. Just a thought, if I can get in.

I'll work on a full profile, if given the go-ahead.

Cheers,
PoL
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

eternaldarkness

"Vannor and Nidra...a simple-minded brute, and a greed-choked murderess...those two are nearly inseparable, and together a difficult pair to defeat. People fear Vannor's mighty hammer and indestructible armor, but Nidra is the true danger. She believes that she is clever...but everyone knows who the real brains behind our little band of adventurers was."

-Streban

Paladin of Lust - I will be deeply upset if you don't play that character in my game :) we now know who your own special enemy is with Vannor Stonehammer, the character has solid background and motivation to want to do something and be involved in the main storyline, and you provided me with another place that didn't exist until you mentioned it. Go ahead and do your stats. Streban doesn't have anything against paladins in general, just one in particular.

What happened: When (insert paladin name here) returned home, she found Stonehammer and his force of elite dwarven siegebreakers slaughtering the people of Whitewillow to a man. You managed to almost single-handedly rout his troops, and finally the proud Stonehammer engaged you in a one on one duel while others looked on in awe at the titanic clash. You were giving Stonehammer the business - despite his super-heavy stone armor, inhuman strength, and gigantic greathammer you were able to match him blow for blow and even set him on the defensive, until a sharp piercing pain nearly sent you to your knees - a poisoned bolt from the hidden Nidra Quickblade. Against both of these legendary adventurers you didn't have a chance, and you would have died for sure if not for the timely arrival of the last person you ever expected to be your savior - the traitorous necromancer Streban Blackwood. With a sweep of his gnarled staff, both dead villagers and dwarves alike rose again and attacked en masse, giving you the chance you needed to deal Stonehammer a nasty blow - you took aim for the eye slits of the dwarf warriors stone helm, and your weapon struck true - he lost that eye, and then he struck you down and sent you to meet your god.

After the battle was over, Nidra and Stonehammer escaped, and Streban used the power of the people of whitehammers' souls to return you to life and make you an offer you initially were unwilling to even consider, until he showed you why the dwarven siegebreakers and Stonehammer himself were so seemingly unstoppable: They were infused with unholy, demonic power. He offered you the chance to avenge Whitewillow and see Stonehammer and Nidra brought to justice. You happily accepted, and have since learned what really happened when the heroes of your homeland faced the king of the demons.

Regions of the Kingdom
Falshire Forest
Whitewillow

Tydorei

SGTDan

Hmm there's a interesting connection for the Fighter.

Sworn to protect.

Anyways I'll work on it and toss it your way.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

eternaldarkness

Tydorei - as soon as you get a chance, send me a basic concept. It will help immensely in tailoring my story to the players and their characters if I know what I will have.

Also: I have updated the initial post with new information.

eternaldarkness

Here's an example of a completed sheet - the necromancer himself, Streban Blackwood.

Streban Blackwood
Name: Streban Blackwood
Class: Necromancer 
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral - Sacrifice to maintain the balance between life and death.
Looks: Glowing eyes, wispy white hair,  blackened leather armor worn over tattered robes, gnarled and blackened wooden staff

Stats
Str 12/0
Dex 9/0
Con 13/+1
Int 18/+3
Wis 15/+1
Cha 8/-1

HP: 7+Constitution (20)
Class Damage: D4

MOVES
Human: When you ask a shade a question using the Dead Men Tell Me Tales move, on a 7­-9, 
you still receive a complete answer.

Dark Side of the Moon
When you are not bound to any thralls and rest for at least one hour under the light of
the moon, you recover your hit points and HP to their normal levels.

Thrall Seeker
When you spend a few moments to force a soul to reanimate its corpse, give your thrall an
order and assign it a portion of your life energy.   

Each thrall can receive one order upon creation. An order is a simple command of three words. 
The thrall strives to accomplish your order. If it completes its order, it becomes unbound. 

When you command your thrall with a simple order, roll+INT. On a 10+, the thrall executes
your instructions to the best of its ability..On a 7-­9, the thrall has trouble carrying out your
intentions, the GM will tell you how.  On a miss, the thrall acts on its own impulses, for better or
worse.

To assign a thrall your life energy, allocate any number of your hit points to the thrall and subtract
these hit points from your HP stat (not your number of hit points).  This will reduce your
maximum number of hit points.  You cannot have hit points in excess of your HP stat. 

Thralls may be unbound at any time with a simple verbal command. A thrall may not be healed.
When a thrall is unbound or loses all its hit points, the body turns to dust and the spirit travels
beyond the Black Gates, out of your reach forever.

Lend Me Your Strength... 
When you take the life force of a nearby willing ally and transfer it to another nearby
creature, you may transfer hit points from the willing ally to the creature.  This cannot reduce an
ally to 0 hit points.  The transfer leaves the willing ally shaken; they take a ­-1 ongoing until sunrise
or sunset.

Dead Men Tell Me Tales
When you summon the shade of a sentient being that died near your location to ask a
question, roll+INT.   
On a 10+, the shade will answer as accurately as possible.
On a 7­-9, the shade’s answers will be limited and disturbing, the DM will tell you how. 
On a miss, in addition to the limited answer, the shade will request a boon for itself or its living
relatives.  You will be unable to contact other shades until you have fulfilled this request.

Gear Your Load is 7+Str (19)
Dungeon rations (4 uses, 1 weight)
Adventuring kit (2 uses, 1 weight).
Leather armor and tattered robes (1 armor, 1 weight)
Scythe (Reach, two­handed, messy, 2 weight)   
A silver ring sculpted to look like a snake

Drives
-Defeat the Betrayers
-Destroy the Demon King
-Reclaim the Well of Souls
-Rule Caede