You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

... you remember being an adult without a cell phone.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Aellon

Even your boss adresses you as sir

Autumn52

You remember when computers started being popular and there was no windows only Dos. *shivers at the memory*
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Captain Maltese

If the first tv in your house was a black and white.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Avis habilis

You used to dial your phone with an actual dial.

You had to wait for your TV to warm up after turning it on before a picture would appear.

Your first computer used your TV set as the monitor.

Captain Maltese

You only had a single battery operated toy as a boy, and it was no fun because the adults never bought batteries.

Sylk

you visit your grandmother in a small community and their phone number starts with letters, not numbers
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Captain Maltese

...you saw Police Academy 1, 2 and 3 in a cinema.

elone

You drove your parent's Ford Pinto

You were drafted
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Captain Maltese

...your first five cars didn't have airbag.

Sylk

You wrote the networks a mean letter (or as mean as a 5 or 6 year old can get), because they pre-empted your cartoons for *gasp* the moon landing.

(yes, I really did that. Somewhere I still have the nicely worded response from NBC with the Peacock logo on it and all)
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Captain Maltese

You got the Rubik's Cube the FIRST time it came around.

Kuroneko

You remember when the card catalog in a library actually had cards in drawers.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Captain Maltese

Your first programming language was Basic, and GOTO was a nifty command.

Sylk

You didn't HAVE computers to use in school until College. Then it was only in the classroom or the lab.

Captain Maltese

...you used to buy casette tapes, so you could record music off your mono radio...

Kuroneko

The pull tabs on soda came completeley off, and you used to put them inside the can, despite your parents' certainty you would choke on them.

Captain Maltese

You remember the first plastic soda bottle and being sceptical about then.

elone

You remember the Kennedy assassination.

Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Captain Maltese

You remember worrying about nuclear war.

elone

Your favorite TV show was Maverick

Poetry
O/O's

Kuroneko

Your favorite TV show was Wild Wild West.

despickable

You could buy mixed lollies in a white lolly(candy) bag for 20cents and get a lot.

Your mum used a wringer to do the washing.

Had to do you maths on a piece of paper and work it out in your head not no calculators then.

You read the time as O'clock and the clocks only went up to 12

You called teachers sir or Miss and not by there first name.
and finally

You remember getting paid $78 a week and thinking it was a fortune and still had money left by next pay. It came ina pay packet not direct to your bank,. and you were paid by the week.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Captain Maltese

You was in awe over your first armwrist clock that had digital numbers... and could play a little song, whenever you pressed a button!

despickable

You had vinyl records to listen to music with rather than scratch to make music with

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs