DnD 3.5 Group Roleplay (Closed to new players)

Started by Decrepitdan, June 20, 2010, 11:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decrepitdan

Psionics are BA.

First order of business as I see it, is to figure out who is still here after the threads have split. I have the count at four for this, the Non-Gestalt, campaign - though im sure I missed people. Speak up, and be known - so that we may have some idea what the party shape looks like.

I know that Vergil, ff, Kate and fallensaviour are in this group. If I missed you, be sure to let me know.

Second order of business, addressing questions posed to me. ff, the method you choose to generate your characters stats is largely up to you, as I did not define it. I would suggest the 4d6, throw out the lowest die method or the 32 point buy system. Starting gold shall be 6 times the amount for a level one PC. I plan to start the party off with less resources than the average party, for reasons that will become apparent later. Go ahead and use the maximum hit die value for each level to generate your hit points.

To answer your second question, I plan to have characters roleplay all non-combat encounters, and we will have a strict policy regarding post spamming. In non-combat situations, each player will post what their character is doing in whatever order the party wishes, as initiative isn't normally used. If everyone would like, we can use a variant where the players roll initiatives for each social encounter as well, using their highest non physical stat modifier to show a quick wit, silver tongue or tendency towards wisdom in the social arena.

I previously noted that we will be using the Book of Erotic Fantasy, and I plan to play the campaign out as a heavy roleplaying campaign, we will not simply moving from dungeon room to dungeon room kicking doors in and rolling dice. For your posts, roleplay out what you are doing, and note where a die roll will be prompted, an example follows:

"Tordek gazed across the dinner table at the as yet unnamed patron that had summoned the dwarf and his adventuring companions under the auspices of employment as adventurers. 'So what ye be lookin' fer, Lord..." (1. Tordek will roll a knowledge 'Nobilitity' check here to try to remember just who this noble is by the heraldry upon his tabard.) "

Please number your rolls, and then roll dice and list the results at the end of your post, also numbered, so that their success is known.

Social skills will be very important, as I am very heavy handed with those that cause bar fights wherever they go in lieu of speaking - the local lord will send groups out to capture or slay any party that decides that it is easier to kill and loot than dicker and bargain with merchants.

ABitOffTheWall

I'd like to be included in that count.  I'm not sure what the current party make-up is class-wise, but I have a characters for a variety of rolls if you're still accepting players.
My Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=8432
Game Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61048.0
I will love you forever if you give me something Mass Effecty

Vergil1989

I myself have a cleric, prestige class sacred prostitute, and as our DM said, I'm in this non gestalt group of ours lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Delta Echo

Hmmm. I like both Gestalt and non-Gestalt, but if you need another player here (non-Gestalt), please count me in! :)
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Chreestafer

ill be a Psionic/Ranger not sure what thread yet so place me where you need me
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

ABitOffTheWall

And if we're using the Book of Erotic Fantasy, are we also including the Appearance ability score?  What about Perform (Sexual Techniques)?

Decrepitdan

Cheestafer, your choice is fine, but you may want to bounce to the other thread if you want to play gestalt - feel free to multiclass in my campaign, but we're going to go without gestalt in this campaign.

Abitoffthewall, we are still accepting players, currently we have a Cleric (Vergil), a Paladin (ff) and a Swashbuckler (fallensaviour). I know also that Kate is involved in the game but have no idea what class she is interested in playing, unless I missed her post of it somewhere (I apologize if I did, Kate.). We can use the Appearance ability score - I admit im not very familiar with the Book of Erotic Fantasy, having paged through it only. Anything in that book is fair game. :)

Delta Echo, you are welcome - please generate a character concept, as noted in the first post of this thread. :)

I think i'm going to close this specific game to more players now, however. Thanks to all who are involved! If anyone enters this thread late and would like to play monsters, please feel free to contact me!

Delta Echo

Thanks! Will do - in the morning, when I'm able to wrap my mind around it. :)
O&O - A&A

ABitOffTheWall

1. http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Wizard#/d17klzz
2. Suiadan (disowned by his mother's house, therefore has no house name)
3. Male CN Feykissed Elf Wizard
4. Elf mother, Feykissed human father.  Father dies, mother apprentices the child to another half-elf wizard who, in addition to teaching him magic, raises the half-elf teen sexually.  Ostracized by human and half-elf society alike, he seeks to exert power over everyone.
5. He is bisexual, seeing both men and women as things to be dominated - the stronger the better.  While more than competent in an evenly-matched fight, he has a tendency to overestimate himself and need to be rescued.
6. I want this character to be dominant early on, but eventually take on a more powerful male character and be humiliated and forced to submit.   If it doesn't totally squick anyone else out, I'd also be interested in him subjected to certain types of monster-rape, again in a situation where he gets in over his head.
7. I've been playing 3.5 for years and have taught it to a few other players, I'd have no problem helping someone else out.

fallensaviour

Kate

Decrepitdan

Can I please choose nymph for my race ?
(I found and 1/2 nymph race mock up ... http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Half-Nymph_%283.5e_Race%29)

Could I please be a full nymph as a race ?
If so can you make a ruling on what it would be ?

I found something for the full nymph ... but it wasn't written up as a true race - more like a monster you can meet.
http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Nymph

(I don't mind whatever level adjustments you impose)

Delta Echo

2. Katarina Eilinaoff
3. Half-elf Soulknife/Sorceress
4. Kate grew up in a small town, and started showing an apitude for magic shortly after puberty. She has the ability to produce a magical blade of energy (soulblade), but otherwise her spells are those of a sorceress, with a focusing on abjuration and transformation. Having spent most of her time in said small town, she wants to get out, see the world, and enjoy what life has to offer...all of what life has to offer.
5. Kate is an odd combination of experienced and naive, and generally wants to experience new and exciting things. To explore strange new lands, to seek out new spells, and new tomes of knowledge: to boldy go where she's never gone before.
6. Overall Kate, being bi, enjoys nearly anything with guys, and will enjoy anythng with girls, howver she has very little experience with girls and would be quite submissive with them. She is also a fair bit of an exhibitionist. More specific "things to hit" would probably include tentacles (lots of tentacles...), groups/bukkake, being 'taught' by a more experienced woman, and overall being kinky. Futa/shemales are OK and might even intrigue her. "Hard offs": animals, scat, mutilation.
7. I'd be willing to try to help with tips and such. :)
O&O - A&A

Decrepitdan

Kate - You may indeed be a nymph - here is a class listing allowing you to be a full Nymph.

Delta Echo- Are you intending to go multiclass with your class selection? We are avoiding gestalt characters in this thread.

ff

Quote from: Decrepitdan on June 23, 2010, 01:17:25 PM
Kate - You may indeed be a nymph - here is a class listing allowing you to be a full Nymph.

Delta Echo- Are you intending to go multiclass with your class selection? We are avoiding gestalt characters in this thread.

Interesting! (the elven nymph race) Neat find and thanks for sharing.

Kate, if you want suggestions on which race is likely to be more useful, I would say the half-nymph you found. The elven nymph's 'blinding beauty' is very interesting, but because it only affects humanoids (which will probably be the other PCs, and not most of the enemies) it can be a liability. (Plus the character is then blind until we go find magical curing or our cleric rests and prepares Remove Blindness - basically you'd only want to use it when any humanoid PCs are more than 20' away.)

In terms of roleplaying, you can do almost the same thing with the flavor text or either race. If your half-nymph backstory sais that her non-nymph parent was an elf, then she's an 'elven nymph' in that sense .

Another way to do a nymph without a level adjustment is a so-called Savage Progression (googling the term gives some official WotC examples and some homebrew ones). That's where you take a race like a nymph, which starts at level 13 normally (7 HD + 6 LA), and you create a 13 level "class" which spreads out the abilities across the 13 levels (and some starting abilities).

I think I actually made one for the nymph before (I once DMed a fey-themed campaign) and can probably dig it up for you. I also found two examples googling (although in both cases I had a hard time telling what you started with and what you got at the first nymph level). 

ff

P.S. I should mention sooner rather than later that I might do a Monk instead of a Paladin. Several reasons:

- If I understand the custom starting wealth rule correctly, it may not be enough gp to buy full plate (which paladins are the most likely to need/have, since Dex is their 5th most important start whereas for the other two heavy-armor classes, Fighter and Cleric, it's 3rd). Full plate has to be custom fitted for the individual, so even if she found some in the RP, it'd also involve downtime, finding a blacksmith, and paying money to custom-fit it (and she might not have the money even then).

- A Monk can serve as a 'scout' character (mine would have hide/listen/move silentlu/spot ranks) which we currently lack.

- No armor, for the sexual RP!

Kunoichi

...If you're going Monk and have Tome of Battle, might I recommend an Unarmed Swordsage, instead?  It tends to be a slightly more fun class to play...

Delta Echo

Quote from: Decrepitdan on June 23, 2010, 01:17:25 PM
That's correct. :) We start at Level 6, right? Soulblade 1/Sorceress 5 is what I'm thinking.

Quote from: ff on June 23, 2010, 02:03:23 PM
- No armor, for the sexual RP!
Sorceresses are fun this way, too. ;)
O&O - A&A

ff

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 23, 2010, 02:06:51 PM
...If you're going Monk and have Tome of Battle, might I recommend an Unarmed Swordsage, instead?  It tends to be a slightly more fun class to play...

Thanks Kuno! I'll see if I can dig it up.

ff

Kunoichi

Quote from: ff on June 23, 2010, 05:50:35 PM
Thanks Kuno! I'll see if I can dig it up.

It's in the Adaptation section on the Swordsage entry.  Basically, you remove the weapon and armor proficiencies and gain unarmed strike progression like a Monk.

Vergil1989

"Sigh."  I'm still in this, just bored out of mind since we haven't started just yet lol.  Sorry, I am just looking forward to this one, that's all.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Decrepitdan

Take it easy Vergil. Good things are well worth waiting for. ;)

ff, if it's the difference between playing the two classes, you may have full plate armor to start out with without paying for it. Churches tend to outfit paladins, which are very high time and training investments for them. After all, if takes a childhood to train a paladin or knight, and a mistimed sword swing to kill one! Having either the extremely self disciplined monk or the pious paladin would be great for this type of rp!

ff

I really appreciate the offer. (And agree with the rationale.)

I'm on the fence, in a good way, for the party balance reasons (we have another healer but not another scout so far) and for the roleplaying convenience of a no/low armor class ('armor class', haha), after daydreaming about and getting  into the other char concept over the past day too.
Also b/c Kate and I had discussed a shared backstory over PM and she was interested in evil characters (which would preclude paladin), if that would work for the RP in general.  I don't really care myself. My char could even be LN but sort of subservient to / manipulated by hers for some reason. Or LG and trying to nonviolently reform hers via showing her how good good can be.

ff

Wrote up the alt char to help get a feel for my preference. (Kunoichi- may still be able to track down Swordsage; thanks again.)

1. <-
2. Name: Ilythyrra ('Lyth' or 'Ly'?)
3. Class: Monk
4. Bio:  Reared amongst a deep-forest dwelling clan of wood ('copper') elves who might seem primitive or impoverished to more urbane human eyes, Ilythyrra learned the minimalist yet richly cultured traditions and disciplines of her people. For the feeding and defense of the tribe, she learned of hunting and scouting through the cathedral-like forests, to fight or fell prey with the traditional elven bow, other unusual weapons, or even her own fists and feet. Ilythyrra took well to her tribe's tradition of using their long elven lifespans to take an impassive and meditative view of the world. Less chaotic-minded than most, though, she herself pursued through long slow discipline to hone the spiritual energies within one's body and soul, awakened by self-awareness ever sought in purer form and never truly achieved. With a mix of impatience, a desire to learn more about the wider world, and other stirrings within herself, Ilythyrra finally chose to journey further afield from her home. Such was sometimes a coming-of-age practice of elves who sought to prove themselves in more dramatic ways.
5. Goals: Gain greater self-awareness and skill of body. Learn about the wider world, and develop a cogent ethos and philosophy. 
6. Proclivities: Very sensual, can seem shy at first but is very flirtatious once she likes someone.
Enjoys or would enjoy almost all lesbian activity, and M/F with the right male. Can be dominant in a nice, 'teaching' way with other F's, especially innocent F's, or submissive with more worldly F's.  Probably more submissive for M/F's. She may still be a virgin to men because she's just never found the right guy yet, but will likely have some F/F activity in her past.
7. Teaching: I'm quite willing to help others; I've DMed myself before and am used to it. Main caveat is that I prefer to help people who seem to be making a good faith effort to help themselves, i.e. learn, and who seem like they'll actually stick with the RP and roleplay and make use of my help.