Closed

Started by That Girl Analise, March 30, 2011, 12:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That Girl Analise

The thread setup is till in-progress, but to give you an idea (plus to see the updated confirmed-players list) here it is!

I'm going to be setting up a Shakespearean-themed mafia-style game in Valerian's Vault. Don't know what that is? Go check out the previous games played there.

In this game, various characters from Shakespeare's plays have been mysteriously cast out of their plays and into the real world, all memories of where they have come from have been lost. As characters are killed or lynched, their role is revealed, and they are sent back to their plays.

For those that have never played before- roles are chosen randomly, be it a minor or major character. However, if there is a character you'd like to see in game, let me know, I'll do my best to work them in.

Depending on how many people join in, I may have one or two more roles to add. Have someone you think may better suit a role? Suggest. I've got a couple I'm not totally set on, so you may convince me.

Seer- Ariel Much like you did for Prospero, once per night, you turn invisible and spy on one of the characters, learning that person’s role in all of this.
Guardian- Benvolio You work hard to prevent the violence and help those in need, but pick wisely who you help -you only can shield one person during the night.
Alchemist- Claudius You poison your brother for the throne, and now you have one chance to do it again -once during the the game in the night phase, you may pick one person to poison in their sleep. 
Hunter- Banquo If killed during the day, you pick someone to haunt (much like you did Macbeth), driving them slowly insane and causing them to kill themselves during the next night phase. Note that being killed during the night phase does not activate this ability
Cupid-  Friar Lawrence You are a peaceful person, and in hopes of bringing everyone together, you marry two of the other characters, revealing their roles to each other, but not to yourself.
Invincible- Macbeth No man of woman born can kill you, and no villains can, either. Note, this does not negate a lynching, only being taken out by the three villains.
Martyr- Gertrude Being a caring mother, you took the poison meant to kill your son, Hamlet. In a similar fashion, you can protect one person from being lynched by killing yourself before the act is carried out. This ability must be used before the final vote tally is posted.
Villians- Iago, Brutus, Aaron the Moor In the night you murder one of the other players, sending them back to their plays.
Star-Crossed Lovers- Decided by Cupid. They know of each other’s roles, and must trust the others completely. If one of the lovers dies, the other follows their lover to death -they shall never part. For the lovers to win, they must remain the last two standing.

We're looking for somewhere between 16-20+ players.

The players:
-Valerian
-Imogen
-Rhedyn
-Remiel
-Foamweber
-Alysanthia
-Saku
-Marguerite
-Kaisude
-Altair1983
- Kendra
-WingedServant
-ClockworkShadow
- p y r otechnicROYAL
-johnny5
-Xandria
-
-
-
-

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

That Girl Analise

Rhedyn

That Girl Analise

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

That Girl Analise

FoamWeber

That Girl Analise

Alysanthia

That Girl Analise

desert ashes

Of course toss me in. ;)  How can I resist Shakespeare? 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

That Girl Analise

That Girl Analise

about 98% of the planning is done. I think i have two characters left to pick for different roles, and then after that just pick the "minor" characters (aka the townsfolk) after that... we just wait for people. Whoo!

Alysanthia

That Girl Analise

Does anyone have any specific characters that they want to see appear? I'm sure some people have favorite characters that they would like to at least see coming up in our little game.

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

That Girl Analise

Imogen

Oh dear, i have too many favorites. I'm a bit rusty on the names, but here's a couple: Richard III, Puck, Jago, Rosalind and that lady from twelfth night, also Tybalt.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

That Girl Analise

Haha, most of those were already assigned or on my "possibles" list :D

FoamWeber

It would be awesome to have Iago in there ^^ He's always been my favourite character.

Alysanthia

Perhaps Hamlet, Ophelia, Desdemona, Othello, Macbeth, and Lady Macbeth just to name a few more. :)

That Girl Analise

A couple of those named have been assigned, actually. Alysanthia- all those you named were on a list or assigned :D

Alysanthia

jtspace88

I'm unapproved, but I would like to make a cameo or join if I could!

That Girl Analise

I'll add you to the list; keep up on your approval; you'll (barring issues) be approved by the time we start.

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Kaisude

I believe this would be an interesting RP. Sign me up too.

That Girl Analise

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

That Girl Analise

I was just thinking of how to update so we could get more people.

That Girl Analise

After having gathered all the characters I want, I'm almost ready to start up... We need a minimum or five more players, but preferably closer to nine.

Altair1983

Despite my status I would like to throw my hat in and even see an appearance by Mercurtio

That Girl Analise

I'll throw you in the mix! :D And considering Mercutio's status as one of my all time favs, he will most def be there! :D

Altair1983

Excellent and i forgot to throw another very important character to myself. Horatio.

That Girl Analise

Considering jtspace88 has stopped responding to his approval, I'm removing this person from the list. I will, however, reveal all the major roles as soon as the spot has been refilled. We'll start when the current game is mostly over, since many of you are a part of it, including myself. Either that, or when we get 20 people total (or more!), whichever comes later.

Kendra

That Girl Analise

I'll add you!

List of roles and characters used (for the major roles!) is on the way!

That Girl Analise

Maetrix

If you're looking for more players, give me a shout :)
Ask not what you want to write; but ask what is it others wish to hear.

That Girl Analise

Alysanthia

Maetrix

Quote from: That Girl Analise on June 10, 2011, 09:18:20 AM
You've been added!

Awesome - and about characters, I've always loved the Porter from MacBeth..
QuoteMacduff. What three things does drink especially provoke?

Porter. Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and
    urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes;
    it provokes the desire, but it takes
    away the performance: therefore, much drink
    may be said to be an equivocator with lechery:
    it makes him, and it mars him; it sets
    him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him,
    and disheartens him; makes him stand to, and 795
    not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him
    in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.
-MacBeth Act II, Scene 3, Line 784
Ask not what you want to write; but ask what is it others wish to hear.

Altair1983

Hi i was just wondering has an IC thread been setup yet?

That Girl Analise

Not yet. I'm working on putting that together next, as soon as I get a free moment.

That Girl Analise

What do y'all think? Should I wait to set up the IC and OOC threads?

Alysanthia

Hm... Maybe wait until we have all the players for the IC thread, but go a head with the OOC?

Or create both and have IC on lock down till the game is good and ready.

That Girl Analise

mass pm is going out to assure continued interest. Threads should be coming soon, but I'm just having a little issue writing the first post. I'm kicking myself for trying to be all creative and stuff. But a good chunk of you are in another game right now anyways, so yeah.

That Girl Analise

Quote from: Alysanthia on June 19, 2011, 10:13:01 PM
Hm... Maybe wait until we have all the players for the IC thread, but go a head with the OOC?

Or create both and have IC on lock down till the game is good and ready.

I'm probably going to do the latter, because I'm working really hard on the IC thread, and want to show off when it is done :P :D

ClockworkShadow

Slithering on by to wish you good luck, miLady Analise. :)

I'm far too obsessed with my own little brainchild to snoop around for other RPs, for now, but I shall look forward to reading in on any readily-accessible plot developments!

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

That Girl Analise

Clockwork- this isn't your regular rp, and requires only a post or two during a voting phase. You can literally have a million other commitments and meet the requirements of this rp. I do hope you'll have a look at the past posts in Valerian's vault and consider joining us!

ClockworkShadow

Well, when you put it that way! :)  I've my other continent to finish writing about, but I'll dig around in these vaults you've mentioned and see what exactly you've got going. :)

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Distracting our Clockwork with your fun.... tsk tsk...

*gets distracted*  oohh... what's in here?

That Girl Analise

Winged: have a look and see. You might find something new and fun!

Marguerite

ClockworkShadow

Ooh, so it sounds as if this would be another installment of Mafia Murder Theater, then.  I'm becoming more intrigued, though I've yet to really dig in to reading most of these.

Oh, are you going to write in Iambic Pentameter?  XD

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Quote from: That Girl Analise on June 26, 2011, 09:30:40 AM
Clockwork- this isn't your regular rp, and requires only a post or two during a voting phase. You can literally have a million other commitments and meet the requirements of this rp. I do hope you'll have a look at the past posts in Valerian's vault and consider joining us!

<nerdrant>
I really don't think you mean to use the word 'literally' in this context.  A million commitments is quite a large amount. At my current age I would have had to make 100 commitments a day every day since I was born and I still would be shy of 1 million commitments.  If you take into account that the time it would take to make 100 commitments a day would remove any time you might have of fulfulling those commitments, and by the time you got even close to a million, some of the commitments would have expired and been nullified due to time constraints and the natures of the commitments.  I think it would be 'literally' impossible to have a million other commitments and meet the requirements of any roleplay,. even one as low maintenance as this one.
</nerdrant>

Alysanthia

WingedServant

Alright, alright, Clock Work talked me into it. I'm sold. Where do I sign up for the mayhem?

That Girl Analise

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 26, 2011, 10:16:46 PM
Ooh, so it sounds as if this would be another installment of Mafia Murder Theater, then.  I'm becoming more intrigued, though I've yet to really dig in to reading most of these.

Oh, are you going to write in Iambic Pentameter?  XD

Actually, I'm working on trying that for the main post where it explains what's happening.

So is that a yes?

That Girl Analise

Quote from: WingedServant on June 26, 2011, 10:45:38 PM
Alright, alright, Clock Work talked me into it. I'm sold. Where do I sign up for the mayhem?

you're signed up!

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: That Girl Analise on June 26, 2011, 10:51:20 PM
Actually, I'm working on trying that for the main post where it explains what's happening.

So is that a yes?

Well, I can't go and let WS have all the fun!

Yes :)

I'm still getting the hang of what's going on by reading up on Alice, but I like how you have it spaced/timed out to be as undemanding as you claimed it was (barring the mathematical exaggeration, which turned WS into a twitching little mass... so cute. :) )

A/A

o_O

That Girl Analise

glad to have you both!

Honestly, I'm debating weather to change what i said or make it worse :P

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: That Girl Analise on June 26, 2011, 11:39:50 PM
glad to have you both!

Honestly, I'm debating weather to change what i said or make it worse :P

Making it worse would have more of a comedic effect, I think! XD

A/A

o_O

That Girl Analise

but trolling is bad! I don't care on sites I don't care about, but I like E, no matter what opportunity has arisen for myself.

ClockworkShadow

Now I wonder what you had in mind that would be considered trolling o-0 ...

<brain makes burbling, curious noises>

A/A

o_O

That Girl Analise

only minor trolling, I assure you. just poking at WS and purposely using words wrong, that sort of thing. If he's the kind of trollbait I used to be, hilarity would ensue. But I'm a better person than that here on E, so I'll leave it alone. Don't wanna get in trouble! :D

edit: gender checked :D

ClockworkShadow

Haha!  WS is awesome, though.  I'm sure he'd be a good sport about it. >:)

A/A

o_O

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kendra

lol finally found the thread again, must book mark it this time xD

still interested   ;)

That Girl Analise

Woo! I'm going to put an official start date on this: July 8th. I'm going to start no matter if I have the minimum I want or not. I also need to get my part done. :P

kendra- you're confirmed :D

Rhedyn

Sent you a PM but also thought I'd say here that I'm still interested too :)

That Girl Analise

You've been confirmed as well. We're only looking at 5-8 people... depending on the three that haven't been confirmed and the one I think I'm recruiting right now, that is. We'll see.

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

p y r otechnicROYAL

'M here m'dear twin.  Let's see if this works as crazily as irl~

johnny5

Wow this looks pretty cool, I'm down for a random role, and a Shakespeare character to boot. Anyway I'd like to sign up if your still looking for people :-)

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: johnny5 on June 27, 2011, 10:19:16 PM
Wow this looks pretty cool, I'm down for a random role, and a Shakespeare character to boot. Anyway I'd like to sign up if your still looking for people :-)

Did you go to Valerian's and read up on some of the other Mafia Murder Theaters?  Quite intriguing concept.

A/A

o_O

That Girl Analise

Quote from: p y r otechnicROYAL on June 27, 2011, 08:45:09 PM
'M here m'dear twin.  Let's see if this works as crazily as irl~

believe me it is, but with more chance of deception and awesomeness. And more talking. :D

That Girl Analise

Quote from: johnny5 on June 27, 2011, 10:19:16 PM

you're in!

That Girl Analise

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 27, 2011, 10:50:39 AM
And that was out of a goal of 16?

I have a goal of 20... if all that previously signed up confirm themselves, then we've 17, and we're three away. If not, there's six away... but I'm willing to prune stuff if we can't get that many people.

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

johnny5

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 27, 2011, 11:20:55 PM
Did you go to Valerian's and read up on some of the other Mafia Murder Theaters?  Quite intriguing concept.
Sure did it's what tipped me over the edge :-)

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

That Girl Analise

You won't be disappointed, johnny, I promise!

So. I'll be setting up the threads when I get a free moment, and then y'all get to see my attempt at writing in Iambic pentameter. Just don't laugh too hard 'k? ;)

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: That Girl Analise on June 28, 2011, 08:45:33 AM
You won't be disappointed, johnny, I promise!

So. I'll be setting up the threads when I get a free moment, and then y'all get to see my attempt at writing in Iambic pentameter. Just don't laugh too hard 'k? ;)

I shall do my own part, to keepeth mirth
in check, that I should spareth thee thy worth;
bestow'th, to thee, for thy hath toil'd beneath
the endless grind of inspiration's teeth.

<warms up and grins darkly>  (Ok, my Shakespearean is rusty!  It's been a few years since that preteen hid away in her room with that massive anthology of his works...)

A/A

o_O

Kaisude

johnny5

Be not concerned beautiful Analise
Just let the words flow in your muse find peace
None here are bards on par with the masters
The waiting such torture faster faster

This is gonna be fun :-)

ClockworkShadow

Doth robotic signals thinketh pretense?
Thou art alive, tho' logic is thy sense;
to endureth, but nay, exemplify!
'Tis nobler deed, machine, that thou shouldst try.

<evil smirk>

A/A

o_O

Xandria

I'd like to sign up if there is still space?  :-)
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

That Girl Analise

There sure is, and y'all are added

My words the not so common tongue doth speak-
though some minor edit must needs be made!
Whilst haste I made to make sense (and much sense
made must there be!) I had made note of the
words I hath writ -alas! Not right at all!

(Verily, my mind grows too weary to
spin a rhyme at such a very late hour)

johnny5

The drum of the muse rings strong in ones head,
When logic and math are ones normal bread,
A maiden of clockwork should understand,
The ease of the rhyme when meters in hand,

Right back atcha clock ;-)

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: That Girl Analise on June 28, 2011, 11:32:29 PM

<looks around slyly> Just between you and me (Hehe, right? :P), I love syllable-structured freestyle far more than I love standard rhyme... I can still rhyme easily enough, but it's not near so natural as it used to be.  That, and I love phrase-based acrostic freestyle, very very much.  It's both strict of form, yet surprisingly liberating. :)

A/A

o_O

johnny5

ClockworkShadow

That would be a tasty thing to nibble on if I wasn't feeling so braindead, Johnny (on the spot... now I want to pull up a Ween, Mollusk playlist >.<)

A/A

o_O

Kaisude

I think I no I know I lack in the art  in the knowledge, but I'm sure I can keep up.

Though I look forward to who ever I'll be playing. Preferably a male. I'm not used to playing a female. I hope that doesn't bother anyone..

That Girl Analise

Have a look at the past games, kaisude- You technically play yourself... Everyone will be referring to you in-game as your username. The best example I can figure is the battle for mount olympus... people played themselves, but who they really were was revealed upon death (or in two cases, upon their own revelation.)

Xandria

Quote from: That Girl Analise on June 28, 2011, 11:32:29 PM

Thanks Analise, this concept really appeals to me, and I look forward to playing!  :-)
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

That Girl Analise

So, i'm back. I know I set a start date... ignore that! I ask those who are in Valerian's game... Do y'all want me to wait until val's is near over to start mine... or... what would you prefer?

let me know.

Marguerite

Mmm, close to hers ending so no one is wondering which game to vote on.

Kendra

sorry for late reply here ;)
agree with Marg - close to the other one ending probably suits better ;)

ClockworkShadow

I um... forgot about this thread. >.>;

I was checking my new replies, and I looked at this one and went "What is this and when did I...?  Oh.  Oh yea!"

A/A

o_O

Kendra

I know ... I was looking at my bookmarks today and thinking that nothing had been posted here in a bit, lets take a look  ::)
glad I did now though ;)

Ryven

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

That Girl Analise

for those that posted after my last message, I've marked you as still available. if that is incorrect, please message me.

Those that aren't marked, pm me or post here and I'll confirm you.

We're going through one last recruitment effort before we start; I have the threads beginning to be set up in Valerian's Vault.

ClockworkShadow

Well I'm still cool with participating <3

I'm currently being broken-in on one of Saffron's games, and I find the concept quite exciting.  Besides, it's iambic pentameter! :D

A/A

o_O

Xandria

Oh definitely count me in, I'm looking forward to it!  :-)

FoamWeber

Reagan

That Girl Analise

You've all been added to the confirmed player's list. I'll be linking the main thread (which contains the updated player list) here in a minute on the main post.

Reagan- We can't have too many! :D I'll be happy to have you, just make sure you continue through your approval process, mm'k? :) We've lost one person to that already.

That Girl Analise

links are up, a pm has been sent to players not yet confirmed, and all that's left is to set up one more recruitment thread in the group requests section, which gets more traffic than this.

But I promised my beau that I'd watch a video first. He's so patient with me. :P

ClockworkShadow

<hunkers down, wriggling, while looking at the Purple Steampunk Pirate with a playfully "evil" look that says 'oh please let me pounce you!'>

A/A

o_O

Valerian

I'm on the list way back at the beginning, I see, but just to clarify, I'm in.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Reagan

If there's any justice left in the world I'll be approved very soon.  Will be great to finally start writing something here at last.  Thanks for including me.

That Girl Analise

We'll be starting monday. We've lost reagan, meaning we have 11 confirmed players... Which means if we don't get new players by sunday, I'm pruning the special roles... Unless y'all would rather me add special roles and have an all-specials game. I could do that too.

thoughts?

That Girl Analise

google and deviantart: I am Disappoint.

I have so far looked up "Page" "Messenger" and "Osric" and gotten nothing of what I'm looking for. I'll settle for rosencrantz and guildenstern. I like them better anyway :P

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

Valerian

"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

That Girl Analise

Ended up having to go with Ophelia. Whatevs.

Thinking of throwing in a couple of secondary votes: Doublevoter and Voteless innocent. Everyone will vote the usual one time, but the double voter is counted twice and the voteless innocent is not counted at all. Just to throw people off. :P If I did that, though, I might replace the martyr.

TheVongola10th

Would there be any problem in me being allowed to join? I have played an irl version of Mafia using cards to represent the individual people.

That Girl Analise

I'm a little hesitant to, given we're going to start on monday. Consider yourself conditionally accepted; these games can last rather long, but so can the approval process. I'll be watching your intro thread. Keep up on it, and good luck on your approval; I loved the process myself!

My IRL Mafia games always fail because we have a very small group that plays. On that note: mafia sucks with only five people.  The last time we played, we insisted on using cupid. The first night phase the lovers were killed by the mafioso, leaving three, and then they lynched an innocent, leading to a Mafia Victory. I'm unsure as to whether the moral of this story is to not play with only five people, or, if you do, do not use cupid.

TheVongola10th

That's ok, I understand your predicament. I'd like to play, but if you say no I completely understand. :)

ClockworkShadow

I think Ana means that, if you are approved, then you can join in.

I think...

Anyway!  Definitely an issue of quantity there, Ana!  Though... I'm wondering if Loki didn't moonlight as Cupid that night, too!

A/A

o_O

Helena

I know I am still in the approval process but I would love to be added to this role-play, and don't worry I am sticking to this till I am approved  ::)

That Girl Analise

oops, forgot to lock the thread; this game is closed for applicants, but we'd love to have you in future games. I suggest checking out the interest threads in the two mafia forums and giving them a look-see and putting your name down for the future.