Problems With Quotes When Modifying Posts

Started by Jack Stone, February 12, 2020, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Stone

Every time I try to modify a post, all my quotation marks turn to code. Any suggestions for how to fix this issue?
O/O

REQUEST THREAD

Discord: Jack Stone#9814

Daeva

Quote from: Jack Stone on February 12, 2020, 05:40:53 PM
Every time I try to modify a post, all my quotation marks turn to code. Any suggestions for how to fix this issue?

Do you have a link that shows this? I'm not the most techy type around but it sounds like something might be getting snipped by mistake from the actual quote code.
Absences Updated 6/15/22 Selectively Accepting New Stories
Ons and Offs & Current Story List | Desired RP's

Chasing Dreams

This happened to me a few weeks ago. It happened when I used the modify option at the bottom of the post. I haven't run into yet clicking on the modify at the top of my post.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Jack Stone

Quote from: RadTechandBooks on February 12, 2020, 05:59:30 PM
This happened to me a few weeks ago. It happened when I used the modify option at the bottom of the post. I haven't run into yet clicking on the modify at the top of my post.

Interesting... I’ll try that the next time I try to modify and report back! Thanks!
O/O

REQUEST THREAD

Jack Stone

That seems to work! I always used the modify button on the bottom of the post, but I’ll use the one at the top from now on.
O/O

REQUEST THREAD

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: Jack Stone on February 12, 2020, 06:15:35 PM
That seems to work! I always used the modify button on the bottom of the post, but I’ll use the one at the top from now on.

I'm glad it worked. I have no idea why the modify option on the bottom of the post does that. I had it happen once and now I only click on modify at the top so I can avoid the headache of fixing my posts.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

atenai

I use a bunch of simple symbols in some of my posts (like ✦) and they get converted to unicode (%u2726) when I use the modify button at the bottom. The weird thing is, though, I've always used the button at the bottom, and it worked. I've only been dressing up the post in question since May, but May-Jan it worked great. I've seen the bboard spaz when you include an emoji it can't render/isn't prepared for, but that just hangs repeatedly, unlike this which is instantaneous. I feel like it's probably a question of Vekseid having changed the order of operations for whatever 'submit' does, or something simple like that.

What's the likelihood of getting the lower modify button fixed? It's easier to edit inline without switching to the full edit page and then submitting again to return to the original. It's easier to fix something based on someone else's post when you can scroll up and read the posts in order rather than the reverse order that shows beneath the editing box on the modify post page.
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Al Terego

I can confirm this behaviour. the "inline" modify box does not seem to like Unicode.