What are you listening to right now? (Archive)

Started by despickable, December 11, 2011, 02:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Samael

Quote from: Capone on January 07, 2012, 08:20:15 AM

Their entire album United is a middle finger to critics talking bad about their lyrics. Just about every song on it is intentionally written with horrible, terrible, embarrassing lyrics.

But no matter what, they cannot measure up to Star One, who has a song based on Star Trek IV. That's right, the one with the whales.

Wait, someone else who knows Dream Evil and listens to their music?
Unpossible! It's like barely anyone knows these guys, even though their music is awesome.

I have United, and enjoy it a lot. Hell, Book of Heavy Metal is in the same vein. I think they really do get off on playing with all these stereotypes.
It's really the funnest part about it all, that it's actually intentional.

Dream Evil - Into the Moonlight
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Capone

Quote from: Samael on January 07, 2012, 08:34:48 PM
Wait, someone else who knows Dream Evil and listens to their music?
Unpossible! It's like barely anyone knows these guys, even though their music is awesome.

I have United, and enjoy it a lot. Hell, Book of Heavy Metal is in the same vein. I think they really do get off on playing with all these stereotypes.
It's really the funnest part about it all, that it's actually intentional.

Dream Evil - Into the Moonlight

When I used LiveJournal more frequently, I ran down the "interests" within the Power Metal Heads group and looked up every band listed. It was pretty decent, but I've discovered more bands since then thanks to random periods of using Pandora and Amazon MP3's recommendations.

Most recently I went into researching female fronted metal bands so I could get my sister some for Christmas, and as a result discovered All Ends, Elysion and Dark Princess. I feel like I should do more random journeys of that sort, find more bands. Unfortunately, I still have yet to find a band to measure up to Blind Guardian.

Dream Evil is a mixed deal for me. I find most of their songs about average, but every once in a while they have songs that really dig into my ear.

NOTHING will ever beat HMJ, though, off of Dragon Slayer.

As for what I'm listening to...

Edguy - Speedhoven

Welcome to this wonderworld
Everybody take your sledges
Winterland Plutocracy
Down the slope don't fear the hedges

Everybody in their box
Waiting under rights of action
Raise your heads and hold your breath
I can't stand your putrefaction

I can smell your brain decay
As you look down at the stage and
Drive me mad and then insane
Welcome to the show!

God, I love that opening...

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Samael

Quote from: Capone on January 07, 2012, 11:04:27 PM
When I used LiveJournal more frequently, I ran down the "interests" within the Power Metal Heads group and looked up every band listed. It was pretty decent, but I've discovered more bands since then thanks to random periods of using Pandora and Amazon MP3's recommendations.

Most recently I went into researching female fronted metal bands so I could get my sister some for Christmas, and as a result discovered All Ends, Elysion and Dark Princess. I feel like I should do more random journeys of that sort, find more bands. Unfortunately, I still have yet to find a band to measure up to Blind Guardian.

Dream Evil is a mixed deal for me. I find most of their songs about average, but every once in a while they have songs that really dig into my ear.

NOTHING will ever beat HMJ, though, off of Dragon Slayer.
Ah, see, to me Dream Evil is really old school metal.
I love that they don't throw any pretentious stuff at the listener, only give us music, and a few funny/cheesy lines.
It makes them my favorite Metal Band, just because I can listen straight through the playlist of their songs and never get bored.

Although I favor a few other songs of theirs, i.e. children of the night, only for the night, united, the chosen ones, into the moonlight, and a few of their ballads.

If you like metal with a female vocalist, I'd recommend Within Temptation, if you don't mind Gothic Metal, otherwise I recently found

These guys, which aren't bad either.
Lunatica - Hymn

Quote from: BrilliantDays on January 07, 2012, 11:47:26 PM
HIM - Gone With The Sin

Oh, I so love this song... good taste, so very good taste.

SweetRevenge

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long! AWW YEAH! XD Classic Rock FTW!

Observing Trifles

Saawariya~Masha-Allah

I don't particularly care for the film, but I love the song.
|| the hunt ||

Capone

Quote from: Samael on January 08, 2012, 01:14:34 AM
Ah, see, to me Dream Evil is really old school metal.
I love that they don't throw any pretentious stuff at the listener, only give us music, and a few funny/cheesy lines.
It makes them my favorite Metal Band, just because I can listen straight through the playlist of their songs and never get bored.

Although I favor a few other songs of theirs, i.e. children of the night, only for the night, united, the chosen ones, into the moonlight, and a few of their ballads.

If you like metal with a female vocalist, I'd recommend Within Temptation, if you don't mind Gothic Metal, otherwise I recently found

These guys, which aren't bad either.
Lunatica - Hymn

Oh, I so love this song... good taste, so very good taste.

I can definitely see your point on Dream Evil. That really is part of the charm, that they just don't seem to give a crap in a lot of ways and are having fun. I get that same feeling with Hammerfall, especially if you watch most of their music videos. They have tried to get fans involved with a number of them, and while most of the videos are absolutely terrible, they are still good for a laugh. The band just looks like they're having fun rather than taking themselves too seriously.

Children of the Night, United and Into the Moonlight are all good. This one just came onto my playlist, though. :)

I'll give the song you posted a listen after. As for Within Temptation, well, for some reason I can't get into them. Same with Epica. Those two and Nightwish are the biggest female vocal metal bands, at least in the states, but for some reason I can't get into Within Temptation or Epica. Nightwish I only really got into Dark Passion Play, and even then it was select songs.

I'm still waiting for an all female power metal band, though. Like, female guitarists and drummers and stuff. That would kick ass. Well, theoretically. They could also be a disappointment, like Kitty.

Izzie Aditi

Yep, my just about weekly posting of this song. Seems to be the only one capable of calming me down and centering me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siIKcHYEueA
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Samael