The Sith Princess (action / romance story focused star wars RP)

Started by elfguy, July 27, 2010, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=77391.0

Valah was a young senator in the Republic Senate, fairly quiet, but with a lot of connections and influence. She rarely spoke in the Senate itself, but what she had to say outside, in the hallways of political power, rallied a lot of people. Promises of power and conquests, things that the various diplomats liked to hear. However, she soon drew attention of the Jedi Council, who suspected she had dark motives behind her political chats. One day, they requested her presence at the Jedi Temple, to get to the bottom of it.

That day, she wasn't there anymore. In fact, she, along with many other influential figures, completely disappeared overnight. The only clue came from a spy on Tatooine who swore they spotted a Republic ship land there the next day. Determining that this may be a serious threat, suspecting that she may even have been an undercover Sith the whole time, they gathered a group of Republic members to go there and investigate.

So recently I ran an open-plot Star Wars RP, but it has dwindled down a lot recently. Part of it is simply that a lack of plot means people get bored faster. For this, I want a very story centric RP. I will play Valah, and most NPCs, set up the scene, etc, being DM, similar to a typical table-top RPG. What I want is a group of adventurers who will take the Council's mission and go investigate. What you do after that is up to you. There will be action, there can be romance between players, between players and NPC, one of you may even decide to betray the group, or split up from the group to go investigate another lead, that's up to you. Combat will be freeform. My only requirement would be active posters, people who can post at least once a day, as I intend to advance the story every day, or more often if players post more.

For the character sheet, please try to keep to traditional Star Wars lore. No cannon character. This story happens in the old republic era (3652 BBY)

Name:

Race:

Class: (Jedi, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Trooper)

Appearance: (image if possible)

Equipment: (this is your equipment that you have when you go meet with the council, and that you intend to bring with you on mission)

Bio:

Player limits: (what you don't want happen to your character)
----

elfguy

Some more details:

This RP would start at the Jedi Council.

For this I was hoping to inspire myself with Bioware's great style of telling stories, where you can basically take different decisions which affects the outcome

I'd like 4-6 people for this.
----

Tydorei

elfguy

You are the first one! I hoped a Star Wars RP would be more popular.
----

Immortal Cherubin

I'm definitely interested in this, I'm keeping an eye on this thread,
A/A
O/O

I'm the Doctor; I'm worse than everyone's aunt!    And that is not how I'm introducing myself.

To everyone that I am currently Rping with and to my friends, I am going on a well deserved vacation tomorrow 15.8 and I will return around 30.8 my in that time I won't make any posts because I need to rest my body and soul from the computer.

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

elfguy

Great! Post your character when you can. 4-6 people and we will get this going.
----

Chazy

What characters are you looking for? I had a request for any kind of rp but no answers....I am interested as I am a star wars fan. What rp system are you using? Anyways....if you have the room, I am down with the game. Just let me know what classes you are looking for.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

elfguy

As I said it will be freeform. As long as no one godmods it works fine. The classes are listed in the CS:

Class: (Jedi, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Trooper)

All must be on the Republic side since this is a mission you will undertake together (you are free to split up later if you choose of course)
----

Chazy

Okay....freeform....good good.....I am thinkin of makin a Jedi class then. Padawon Learner to be exact. Will be his first mission. If you have a female player that is willing....I am game with a female Jedi Master as my master.

Name: Talis Lee

Race: Human

Class: Jedi Padawan Learner

Appearance: The young man stands about 5'10" tall, looks to weigh about 180 lbs give or take, He is athletically built for agility not brute strength. His hair is cut in the style of the Jedi Padawan with long braid. His hair color is like black silk. His saphire blue eyes seem to sparkle in the light when he does show his face. His face looks as if it were carved by the angels themselves. Very hansom and soft spoken. His clothing consists of dark blues and blacks. His robe is dark dark brown to almost black in color yet still brown. He is rarely seen without his master as he is always at her side.

Equipment: Blue bladed Lightsaber [given to him by his master], Utility belt issued to all jedi and thier apprentices, aquata breather, commlink, sinth rope dispencer with graple hook, spare power packs for lightsaber [3 fully charged], 5 days rations, Jedi Padawan robes, 1000 republic credits for expenses on missions.

Bio: Talis was inducted into the jedi acadamy in an unusual way. He was only 4 yrs old when he was finally discovered. But what amazed the jedi that found him was how strong the force was with him. His lesson was soon proving to be easy for him as he was a bright young studant and his grasp of understanding far surpassed his piers. What made the council uneasy was how quickly he was advancing. He became the youngest padawan to be selected by a master.

When his master came to select an apprentice, she already knew who to select as the council requested she did for they knew if anyone can rein him in on his advancement, it would be her. Viola, his Twilek jedi master, took him under her wing and began his individual training. She too was impressed with his quick understanding of the lessons but, she was carefull only to teach him the lessons she feels is necessary. Eventually, he came to understand that haste can make waste and sought to learn more patience in his studies. But, as the years roll buy, Talis and Viola became very close as she was like a mother to him and he can still remember being taken from his real mother so he promises himself silently that he will not loose another mother. So, whenever anyone sees him, he is within 5 ft of his master.

Then came the day he dreaded. He was called to the council chambers. He was to be given his first asignment. But what made him dread this the most is the fact this asignment was to be done without the presence of his master. He is to go out into the galaxy alone. Perhaps this is a test as he is now 16 yrs of age. But truth to be known, the council has other reasons why. Not only was his skills far greater than all of his piers but also his clingy tendancies upon Viola was worring them as well. They worry that he may have been too old to begin his training even if he was unnaturally strong with the force. That he was too attached to his birth mother so he looks upon Viola as his mother which would explain his clingy tendencies.

So, there he stands before the council, waiting for his assignment.

Player limits: Um....not big on Male on Male sex so would like to not have it happen to my characters. Other than that....not sure what else...I am open for the most part so lets play it by ear and see if I likes or not.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

elfguy

Sweet! Altho aren't Padawans supposed to make their own lightsabers? :P
----

Shade

Room for one of the players from your first Star Wars group game?

elfguy

Sure. Get character sheets up and we can get started :)
----

Shade

Name: Zane Mixl

Race: Human

Class: Jedi Knight

Appearance:

Equipment: Lightsaber, shoto, comlink, Aruek tactical strikefighter

Bio: He was found on a backwater planet at the fringes of Republic space. After a vicious raid that claimed the lives of his parents, the Republic sent supplies to help the people rebuild. There was a Jedi among them to help calm and reassure the people that they would be safe from now on. Upon meeting Zane, this Jedi was able to detect Zane's affinity in the Force. He offered to take Zane with him back to Corsuscant and teach him the ways of the Jedi. The young boy eagerly agreed, and has never looked back.

Player limits: He's straight, so no m/m. No mutilation, I don't care how good the prosthesis are in the Star Wars universe :P No anal... that's all that really comes to mind at the moment.

Sabriel

Id be interested in joining in if you would like and find my character acceptable of course :) That is if you haven't filled up already as I noticed someone has posted since I started on my bio and got a bit carried away :P

Name: Ral`Rai Idrall 

Race:
Twi'lek

Class: Ex Force Adept / Jedi

Appearance:

Equipment: To do !

Bio: Ral`Rai Idrall has a shady past which she rarely speaks of having lived a life of hardship and having to make many difficult decisions she would of choose not to take. But when your raised in the company of Hut's and other scoundrel scum you learn quickly that moral conscience will not help with survival. If Ral`Rai had not been in touch with the force she would not have been likely to survive the experience at all and her Hut master may have grown tired of her quickly.  However she proved to be quite the assest exotic Twi'lek women are always in demand of course but it is rare to find one with hidden talents, talents which others would not suspect.  It was by accident that the Hut who owned Ral`Rai discovered her unsuspected talent, she was by her nature deceptive nobody suspected the simple Twi'lek entertainer was capable of defending herself.  And so when a pair of the Hut's gamorrean guards decided that she should put on a private show for them, this nature was uncovered managing to fight them of and disarm them she left one dead and another unconscious. 

Ral`Rai Idrall suspected that she would be put to some horrible death at an early age for her actions but the fate of being subjected to the pair of gamorrean guards seamed far worse. The hut however decided to make use of her in other ways, forcing her into martial training and forging her in an unwilling guardian and assassin. Her new role became that of a assassin and guard to the Hut himself, taking out his enemies while they where vulnerable and unaware and serving as an extra unsuspected guard at his side. 

Ral`Rai Idrall became rather cold is her decision making become shut of from her feelings she survived by living and serving a purpose. She took the view that her victims where only going to meet there end anyway and that they where all guilty of vile crimes anyway, since they where all a part of the criminal world. It was not until a Jedi consular came to the hut's domain that Ral`Rai's path took a turn towards that which it had always been destined, or so she was later told. The Jedi was sent to investigate the rising crime rate on the planet and find a solution to the hardships of many there, since the Hut's extortion and schemes where beginning to have wide reaching effects throughout the system. With many of his enemy Hut's who usually kept him check dying mysteriously after having received a collection of Twi'lek dancing girls as a gift and peace offering.

Ral`Rai Idrall was present for most of the meetings and things did not go to well she noticed that the Jedi seamed to take an interest in her and that some of his questions seamed to move from the topic on to her. After this the Hut stopped having her attend the meetings and soon after than he requested that she pay the Jedi consular a personal visit and offer herself to him as sign of "Friendship".  If she could not placate the Jedi and send him away she was to kill him, this was a position in which Ral`Rai Idrall had never been put before, she knew it unlikely that the Jedi would never give in to her or leave and she knew she could not kill him, not doubting her actual ability but her conscience.  The Jedi was not a criminal he had done nothing to deserve such a fate, he was here to try to improve things if his mission could succeed in any way lives like her own would improve.       

And so Ral`Rai Idrall conspired to tell the Jedi of her true purpose, he seamed unsurprised and simply smiled he asked her many questions but seamed almost to know her without her answers. He asked her about her natural adept talents with the force and how she had mastered them, he asked if she had ever dreamed of more if she had ever felt she had a purpose beyond the hut's court.  To all questions she answered yes and to the most important of all he asked if she would join him.  He promised that if she did if his plan succeeded and he and her escaped alive her life would forever change and she would learn more about her talents and help her find peace and inner calm.  He was already quite impressed by the measure of calmness and stability she had managed to master on her own, she was talented with natural uses of the force already and an accomplished martial artist, well versed in the art of K'thri which well suited her purpose and meshed well with her natural force talents to give her a form of order and stability, enabling her to distance herself from her slavery and find peace at times.

The Jedi consular never told Ral`Rai Idrall of his true purpose there that the Jedi Council had been aware of the Hut for sometime and become aware of her also, that they had studdied for some time before a course of action had been decided upon.  The Jedi consular had volunteered to deal with the situation and attempt to bring Ral`Rai Idrall in for questioning and perhaps induction into the order if is where suitable since she already grasped the force and its use, she would just need to learn the Jedi way and hone her skills. She could they thought be salvaged perhaps and assist in ending the situation, afterall she had inside knowledge of the situation and familiarity with the criminal underworld. 

And that was how Ral`Rai Idrall was forged into a Jedi she became the liberator and apprentice of her Jedi consular master, striving to become a master Jedi herself someday to find and teach others the ways of the force and use it to keep others from suffering fates like her own to bring peace of mind and calm.  In her years as an apprentice she had many successes and many more difficult decisions but she was never faced with the hard choice of survival ever again, she did face one last difficult choice however when her and her master where on a mission to rescue a kidnapped republic diplomat she found herself faced with the choice of saving her master from death and allowing the kidnappers to escape with the diplomat. It is a decision that haunts her at times but she made the choice her master would of wanted allowing him to sacrifice himself so that the diplomat could be returned and war and disruption of the structure of society could be prevented.

On her return Ral`Rai Idrall was congratulated and awarded the title of master which she accepted to honor her master now becoming her own teacher and looking to guide others in the ways of the Jedi with the wisdom of those who taught her and those who had passed on.  Ral`Rai Idrall became quite the name for herself her nature and combat styles becoming spoken about often, for Ral`Rai Idrall never truly dropped her persuit of the martial art and tended to combine its ways with the forms of lightsaber arts she had mastered.  She was well known for her lack of reliance on the lightsaber and her ability to disarm and immobilise others without its use, she often remarked that it was more civilzed to disable someone when possible rather than to actually dismember them.

Player limits: No limits as such but certain things will obviously effect her character, she also won't get involved with certain things although that's not a limit with me that's her character so does not mean she should not be faced with them.

elfguy

That sure is a long involved story. From reading it I'm guessing you would be a Jedi Master, but one who skipped the knight stage and was nominated master, and also one who doesn't rely on the lightsaber much? Could you pick the Jedi Consular class instead, which is basically the same rank as Knight but one who focuses more on force power than melee combat? I just think the master part is stretching it a bit, even after a lot of combat exploits it would be unlikely that the Council would make her a master right away.

As for others, I'm still looking for 2-3 people to start this up. I'd like to see smugglers and bounty hunters too if anyone is wanting to play that.
----

Tydorei

"Everyone is out for themselves... don't ever believe otherwise."

Name: Mikiri Mugen
Race: Twi'lek
Role: Scoundrel
Personality: Mikiri is a rather laid-back person with pessimistic undertones. She has a lewd sense of humor at her best times, and a fatalistic one at her worst. She could be brash sometimes and very apathetic, but she is easy enough to get along with most of the time. Mikiri is one who tries to seek fulfillment from any and everything; material items, drugs, sex and gambling being on the top of the list. In her mind she figures she could die at any moment, so why not enjoy herself when she can. But all those pleasures are fleeting for her. Mikiri often finds herself staring into space, silently yearning for something more... but not for long. All to soon does she slink to the things that take her mind off that void in her soul.

Background: Born to an enslaved entertainer on Nal Hutta, the galaxy at large was of little concern to Mikiri. It had numerous clashes all over the galaxy but the young Mikiri didn't think she would ever see it... or so that is what Mikira picked up when the master and his guests conversed. They where her only source of information to the outside world and she looked forward to waiting on them in hopes to learn more of anything or hear interesting tales. Mikiri also dreaded them at the same time however for there was always the chance someone might desire more of her than just being a waiter and depending on who asked and the masters mood she would have to service them.

But her years of captivity would come to an end with a surprise attack on her masters estate. It was shocking to Mikiri, the destruction she seen that day. But on that day that so many had died and dreams vanished... it was the best day that has ever happened to Mikiri. During the attack the prison that she and the other young slaves were kept in had its wall blasted out. Though most had died in the blast Mikiri didn't and took her chance to escape with another slave girl, Lirial, while the rest where either to scared to follow or to injured. Though she did want to find her mother she did not know where she was kept in Riggallo the Hutt base of operations and the attack still continued so she had to move.

Mikiri and Lirial had to adapt quickly if they wanted to survive in the gang ridden ghettos of Nal Hutta. Unfortunately Lirial did not adapt quickly enough and found death after refusing to become a slave to some gang members. Fortunately Mikiri discovered she had a natural propensity for fighting and speed and managed to escape. Afterward Mikiri managed to fall in with the rival gang of the one that killed Lirial... though she wasn't treated much better. After the man that had 'claimed' her died in a gang shoot out, Mikiri used that as an excuse to leave the gang. In truth she was tired of them and their petty fighting. How they made minuscule things a big deal. She also felt her developed talents were being wasted, fore she had picked up many skills and she wanted to earn credits... Wanted something better... Luckily, she was able to join a bounty hunters/ smugglers crew.

Sabriel

It is not that she does not rely on a lightsaber it is more that she does not think it is always necessary and well she would not be a true consular since she would not fit that class at all she focuses on balance althougth to much of a martial bent to be actually a consular. She grew up mixing the two and despite now being a Jedi she not a fool that would turn her back on methods that served her well. She practices and is proficient in it but she doest not obsess over it believing that to be a dangerous path, that and well sometimes its just easier to knock someone out. They would not of just made a master straight away either perhaps but that was not what I intended to convey, I just did not want to complicate her bio further by describing the whole of her history with her Master her first mission in detail and ever other thing she was involved with. 

Also not that its relevant but the Council has before made a Force Adept user a Master straight away and then gave her a seat on the council itself Yoda did not like that much I think but maybe he just wanted to be the only little green thing on the council :P, however that is not what I was trying to indicate she had time with her master and other missions not just immediate acceptance that is very silly.   

I can totally understand the not wanting a Master Jedi too so I can live with that I was just trying to make things fit with my knowledge of other such situations. I was kinda expecting to get turned down anyway since the group has become Jedi heavy already, seamed a waste not to post after writing out my bio hehe  :-[

Tydorei

For anyone making a non-Jedi, I would appreciate it if my above character could be part of your crew.

elfguy

Even if your fighting style or motives do not follow the consular path i think that would be the closest path for you, either that or knight. After that it's up to you on where you go from there.

The RP will start with everyone together in the council chamber, having answered the call for help. So at least to start off you are all together, after that it's up to you if you want to split off or not.

I'll start the RP later tonight so if anyone wants to join thief is still time. Again I'd love to see a bounty hunter or such.
----

Sabriel

Hehe nothing about her follows the consular path, I could work as the Knight (Jedi Guardian) way however, but as there are already two other Jedi I will bow out since I don't want to make the group force user heavy specially with us all being Jedi. Thanks you for considering my character and your comments, I may think up another character concept if I have the time.   

If not then I hope you all have an enjoyable story ^.^

Primarch

((Ah Sabriel, don't step out! Its a Star Wars game, you gotta has Jedi =D Besides...that character pic is trĂ©s hot!  ;D))

If you're still accepting characters, I saw this pic on Deviantart a while back, and I've been dying for a game I could use him in, would you mind facilitating?  ;D

Name: Kad Gevin

Race: Mandalorian

Class: Jedi

Appearance:

Equipment: Lightsaber, Mando Armour, commlink, medstimms (I'll leave it at that, don't want to go OTT after the armour)

Bio: Kad Gevin was one of many children brought into the Jedi Order at an age so young he has no memory of his parents, as a youngling he proved capable and throughout his life has stood out among his peers, his Mandalorian discipline seemed to shine through and translate well into his Jedi training. As a padawan learner, he was taught the ways of the Jedi Guardian, and spent many years with his Master, a female Jedi by the name of Ree'Aven. They traveled the stars together, settled disputes on distant worlds, battling evil and injustice where ever they found it.

Eventually, Kad became a Knight, rising to the station with the same stand out performance as was expected of him at this point, excelling in his lightsaber skills like many Guardians, particularly the use of Form II, but growing more capable in all forms of lightsaber combat, hoping to become the Jedi Sword Master in his more senior years. Recently, he has taken an interest in his heritage, that of being a Mandalorian, while always putting his duties as a Jedi ahead of any racial requirements, he has taken to wearing a suit of Mandalorian Armour as opposed to Jedi Armour (often worn particularly in war times) as a mark of respect to his people.

At this point in his life, he has become proficient enough in the Jedi Arts to discuss them at length with the Jedi Masters, and is quite respected by his peers, but having not taken on an apprentice yet, he is still considered a Knight.

Player limits: No m/m, scat, blood sport, preferably don't die, I don't mind losing a limb or so in combat so long as he gets a nice prosthetic, but no mutilation sex please. <.<

elfguy

Alright since Jedi are so popular in these parts we'll do with. I'll post the intro post soon.
----

Sabriel

Hehe I would tend to disagree I actually have a bit of a thing about Jedi in Star Wars games I think to many can spoil the broth bit like chef's or characters that dual wield scimitars (only usually takes one of them :P).  I actually rarely play Jedi characters at all for that very reason since there is always someone who wants to be a Jedi, even in an Era when there aren't supposed to be any that exist lol.  Nope the most fun star wars games I have ever been in myself have had no Jedi at all, its not all about them afterall everyone knows its Droids and Ewoks that make the day.

Glad you liked the picture though I do love to play Twi'leks  ;D

elfguy

Well feel free to think up another character concept, or join us with your Jedi, with you I'd believe we'd have a good number.

Once the initial post goes up I will not allow new starting characters, however recruitment will remain open for characters who want to join the group in route. They will need to discuss with me the best way to bring them in.
----